test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    batowzin said:

Any commom opinion about SW HB personals? Im running FoE and ACC. Is No Pity No Mercy a viable option? Most recent guides ive seen doesnt use It. Please let me know. Thanks

Currently I am using All Consuming Curse and Flames of Empowerment...

Of course No Pity No Mercy is a viable option, also dependent on Item Level where I can see people who may not have the Flail Snail and/or Sigil of the Devoted maxed out for AP gain in place of Flames of Empowerment. However, overall, I believe Flames of Empowerment is the more optimum choice overall.

Hope that helps! :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2017

tenetomb said:

Power/crit, like the majority of the dps ^^

I have 100% crit and reach 70k power alone.

My build isn't really original tbh. Seriously, you should test Fey. It's incredible (on bosses) ^^

I'll try it out but I honestly dont think it comes near dread in pve.
    That´s what I also did and in static fight nothing beats your T Dread plus the debuff.
    T Fey get´s handy in fight´s like Drufi or otherones imo. WC-HG-WC and your sparks go up with Fey-multiprocs, you do not have to rush after that boss to refill sparks with BoVa (wich works pretty good in most fight in NWO).
    My dps definitely is worse doing mSVA with Fey than with Dread.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    batowzin said:

Any commom opinion about SW HB personals? Im running FoE and ACC. Is No Pity No Mercy a viable option? Most recent guides ive seen doesnt use It. Please let me know. Thanks

If you run with a group and got a GF (enforced Threat- 10xmarks) or a rene-mof (perma-CA advantage) or some others like GWF -Daring Shout give CA bonus for short by makred target, same as TR´s spend by hiding, you have Combat Advantage most of the time.
    I use it atm, since all my crits give CA Bonus immidiately, if there is no other class that spend CA all time (TR´s and GWF CA vanishes too fast I guess).
    It is a big dps boost, compared to a party without CA bonus. Doing trash the mobs normally don´t live that long to benefit from FoE (except FBI maybe), so I run NPNM + xy runing trash as a templock, as fury you should allways use ACC+xy, NPNM is a good choice.

On a single boss, having a GF and perma mark, NPNM is not necessary because mark gives CA all time. FoE +15% effectiveness and any other feature will do better, like ACC + offhandfeature 5% critseverity. On a single target you do not need ACC tbh because your WC is up most time and Creeping Death procs all time. You can go for NPNM+FoE and check if it´s the better choice, loosing 5% critseverity from ACC-offhand.
    I can´t tell how big the difference is between Hellish Rebuke used with the DOT and without (not that big I guess).
    Slotting NPNM you get a higher burst from your At Will but sacrificing the DOT. Buffed my HR deals >100k crits using NPNM.
    Fury is not that flexible because you want that Lesser Curse proc from ACC all time.
    My templock can crit on those tentakel in mSP and I get CA bonus at once from far away, using NPNM+FoE, sure I need to Curse those targets on top.
    I got: +17% from Charisma +15% base CA + 9% from stat=41% x 1.1 (from Boon)=45,1%
    A hit on that tentakel with CA bonus is a 1.4 multiplier on a non crit like PoP-infantile compensation-huge- :)
    On a crit it is added to your Critseverity, so like 45% critseverity on top - 215% (my total critseverity)+45% = a 20% dps increase
  • Options

Good stuff!

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    miche80miche80 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hi guys!!!
    Im a SW HB iL4386 and play on Xbox. Today exits the module 11....
    I wanted to know which is the best weapon enchantment? And why?
    I have Transcendent Vorpal and dread.

thank you all :-)
  • Options
    miche80 said:

Hi guys!!!

miche80 said:

To the best of my knowledge, that Vorpal is best for Hellbringer and Dread is best for Soulbinder...

Vorpal helps your Hellish Rebuke crit on Hellbringer, which is important since it's an At-Will.

Dread helps your Encounter Powers for Soulbringer as they are your major source of damage, namely Soul Scorch. :smiley:
    miche80 said:

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    miche80miche80 Member Posts: 24 Arc User

miche80 said:

Hi guys!!!

miche80 said:

To the best of my knowledge, that Vorpal is best for Hellbringer and Dread is best for Soulbinder...

Vorpal helps your Hellish Rebuke crit on Hellbringer, which is important since it's an At-Will.

Dread helps your Encounter Powers for Soulbringer as they are your major source of damage, namely Soul Scorch. :smiley:
    miche80 said:

then nothing lightning or bilethorn?i already use the vorpal :-)
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Imo, dread r8 is better than vorpal r8 for hellbringer but the more you make your way to trans, the more vorpal> dread.

From my testing, i do much more damage overall with my r8 dread than with a vorpal r8, i'll change for vorpal when i will get r10 or superior ( really too much expensive, a simple item in a game shouldn't cost the price of 4 or 5 full games)

I supose the more recovery you have the more dread is a better choice too.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Not to forget TFey, wich is 18% plus damage (also on pop) compared to about 24% DPS increase from vorpal (not on pop).
    Hard choice.
  • Options
    darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I'm curious as to the nuances between the fey weapon enchantment and dread/ vorpal? In what situations would it be more advantageous to run the fey vs our standard dread vorpal?
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I'm curious as to the nuances between the fey weapon enchantment and dread/ vorpal? In what situations would it be more advantageous to run the fey vs our standard dread vorpal?

I run T Fey all time as HB temp, because it´s more tanky pulling a lot aggro and the difference in dps is not that big (if), since my PoP/infantile C. is "bigger" than with a Vorp, things may vary as fury due to Creeping death.
    I tried T fey vs T Dread as a SB-fury in several runs and my observations tell me T Dread wins significantly, doing math it is about 18% vs 35% (+ 4%/4% debuff), since SB is about 95% encounter dps.
    The lower the critrate the bigger the value from Fey.
    What I´d like to know , if anyone is runnng a Lightning with as a HB-fury and if HoB spam+Hellish rebuke and Hadar grasp-multiprocs are a real option or not.
  • Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    R11 Liightning if hit multiple targets can proc each one. BoVA hits 3-4 times. All others single proc per target. Have seen it read 140% of weapon damage when at 140k power. This is at templock. Every hit of HR procs Lightning.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    cindy#5704 cindy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I just watched wilswilswils on stream a gwf that did over 100m damage hit on the turtle in fbi. How we compete with that lol
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I just watched wilswilswils on stream a gwf that did over 100m damage hit on the turtle in fbi. How we compete with that lol

We don't :D Buffs in those parties are insane. GWF self-buffs are also insane. SW can burn down single target very nicely but I don't think you'll see burst numbers to that degree very often even in a party like that.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    Yea lol. It was crazy watching him. Maybe sw will get buffed coming up after what ever they do to the rouge. Im looking foward to maybe and hopefully getting some buffs to us sw. Im not saying to the point to be more powerful than everyone but defintly a increase in damage and less casting times for some of our spells. Guess i will wait and c
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

Yea lol. It was crazy watching him. Maybe sw will get buffed coming up after what ever they do to the rouge. Im looking foward to maybe and hopefully getting some buffs to us sw. Im not saying to the point to be more powerful than everyone but defintly a increase in damage and less casting times for some of our spells. Guess i will wait and c

I doubt it..gwf or hr will probably be dealt with before anything is done for SW.
  • Options
    metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Welp, plopped down the money for an epic owlbear cub so I guess I've hopped aboard the scourge warlock train now. Is there anything in mod 11b that looks good or is it safe to spend AD on the demo set?
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

Not to forget TFey, wich is 18% plus damage (also on pop) compared to about 24% DPS increase from vorpal (not on pop).
    Hard choice.

Is it working properly on hellbringers? Last time I checked, it bugged because of the pillar I believe. A week ago I did a egwd run with my pally and the HB on the group had a TFey. After the first boss when I realized he had a TFey, I kept looking at his buffs all the time for the rest of the dungeon and I never say the fey buff up. If it worked it would be better in many cases. I know I would switch to fey.
  • Options
    terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Fey only for SB with HG or Templock in my opinion. Hellbringer I would stay Vorpal...
  • Options
    That's interesting about the TFey vs the vorpal. Anyone have any first hand experience comparing the two with a HB Fury with OBC?
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

That's interesting about the TFey vs the vorpal. Anyone have any first hand experience comparing the two with a HB Fury with OBC?

If Tfey is working properly and keeping the 18% buff up 100% of the time, which wasn't my experience (more like once at the start of a dungeon then never again), I could go for fey.

Vorpal doesn't buff PoP or OBC damage, and even though fey would buff PoP (not OBC) damage, we can leave it out for simplicity as it usually doesn't go over 4% of your total damage, 18% of the 4% isn't that much. OBC shouldn't favor one over the other.
    Assuming 100% crit chance and a base severity of 120%, vorpal would provide a 22.7% increase in critable damage against 18% of fey.
    So, let's say without enchants you had 220k dps (critable, buffable dps only). If you equipped vorpal it would go up to 270k dps. As for fey, with the fey buff your dps would go from 220k to 259.6k dps, meaning that to reach vorpal, the other fey procs would have to sum up to 10.4k dps. That would read as 4% fey proc damage on ACT. So, if you are seeing a total of at least 4% from the fey weapon procs and are actually getting the fey buff with 100% uptime, it is at least as good as vorpal. If the fey weapon procs sum up to more than 4% and your severity is more than 120%, or you can't reach 100% crit, then fey is probably more favorable.

For SB you might need to consider different things. Dread buff for SB is higher than vorpal buff for HB, so instead of 22.7%, you would be getting 25% or more. Then you need to consider how important the dread debuff is for the group or if you are going to be using HG for sparks and things like that.

Does anyone have an ACT log of Tfey on a warlock? I'm not sure, but I believe locks can get more than 4% damage from the fey weapon procs, can't they? I think that's what I got a while back, but I couldn't find it anymore.
  • Options
    I would be curious to the above answer as well.
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

If Tfey is working properly and keeping the 18% buff up 100% of the time, which wasn't my experience (more like once at the start of a dungeon then never again), I could go for fey.

Vorpal doesn't buff PoP or OBC damage, and even though fey would buff PoP (not OBC) damage, we can leave it out for simplicity as it usually doesn't go over 4% of your total damage, 18% of the 4% isn't that much. OBC shouldn't favor one over the other.
    Assuming 100% crit chance and a base severity of 120%, vorpal would provide a 22.7% increase in critable damage against 18% of fey.
    So, let's say without enchants you had 220k dps (critable, buffable dps only). If you equipped vorpal it would go up to 270k dps. As for fey, with the fey buff your dps would go from 220k to 259.6k dps, meaning that to reach vorpal, the other fey procs would have to sum up to 10.4k dps. That would read as 4% fey proc damage on ACT. So, if you are seeing a total of at least 4% from the fey weapon procs and are actually getting the fey buff with 100% uptime, it is at least as good as vorpal. If the fey weapon procs sum up to more than 4% and your severity is more than 120%, or you can't reach 100% crit, then fey is probably more favorable.

For SB you might need to consider different things. Dread buff for SB is higher than vorpal buff for HB, so instead of 22.7%, you would be getting 25% or more. Then you need to consider how important the dread debuff is for the group or if you are going to be using HG for sparks and things like that.

Does anyone have an ACT log of Tfey on a warlock? I'm not sure, but I believe locks can get more than 4% damage from the fey weapon procs, can't they? I think that's what I got a while back, but I couldn't find it anymore.
    I asked about this earlier. I wouldnt spend money on a Fey myself. Im not willing to give up that crit on vorp or dread if im a SW.
  • Options
    I dont have a spread sheet. If u can borrow a trans fey do that. Through my experience and my buddy experience i like dread on sb. I had bigger numbers in fbi runs. Im sure both have their benefits in differnt situations. I cant spam ss as i can with fey but u can keep spaming bova and imolation spirts with dread to keep ur sparks high
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Loadouts will be two for free for everyone and 500 zens every one extra you buy :) It's a cool price