test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    ty mate;) good to see the SW community is still going strong.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Has anyone posted/made a viable Sb build for mod 10.5 yet? If so link please or post please
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

ty mate;) good to see the SW community is still going strong.

You're most welcome bud, and hell ya we are rocking well! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    SB all the way.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    diloul31 said:

with hb fury, i confirm you can solo drake pen, bigrim and co easily with a 2500gs.

I'll do some test with my 2800gs warlock with SB fury but under 3k, i'm not sure of reusut for survavibilty.

I think hb fury is great for solo content and survability overall.

Note aside, i have a noob question concerning rotation...

It's probably gona make laught some of you but i never really used fiery bolt before yesterday xD...

I was using dread theft instead, the difference in dps is just insane in adds clearing in CN for example.

Because i don't know if the numbers are broken but sometimes it's show ridiculously low dps numbers with fiery bolt, but final score tell a different story...

( same with gate and killing flames, sometimes insane numbers sometimes, very low)

Would you still recomand using dreadtheft for debuff on boss or fiery bolt or killing flames ? ( I feel like while you debuff, the party benefit but not yourself with dreadtheft ).

to that last bit about DT, Im with u on that. sometimes i dont slot it, in fear of the broken GWF benefitting from the few secs debuff lol.
  • Options
    qtpiekayqtpiekay Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Would like to see high geared sw post results of fbi and the new 10 man. HBfury vs SB fury. I am a maxed out HB fury but im on xbox and learn alot from you guys here. Fernuu , Nat , and others. Keeping the sw community optimistic on xbox is proving to be a challenge with the TC nerf coming. Ty guys.
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    So are you guys saying that after the mod 10 "class balancing" TC got another "nerf"???....and either way, I don't see the sb fury doing more damage or DPS, than the sb damnation....certainly replacing soul scorch with pop is a loss of damage, (even if your SS isn't crit) And everyone talks about the buffs from pop, I find the buffs useless...the reduction in damage dealt by enemies to players while standing in pop is decent, but not a game changer, and the resistance ignored buff is even more useless as anyone doing end game content already has their 60% R.I....
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

I don't see the sb fury doing more damage or DPS, than the sb damnation....

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    So I take it no current Sb fury build then.
  • Options
    reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    lol I meant hb fury.....can't wait to see your sb fury build.....although the feats are pretty self explanatory
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    qtpiekay said:

Would like to see high geared sw post results of fbi and the new 10 man. HBfury vs SB fury. I am a maxed out HB fury but im on xbox and learn alot from you guys here. Fernuu , Nat , and others. Keeping the sw community optimistic on xbox is proving to be a challenge with the TC nerf coming. Ty guys.

I got what you asked for. FBI run with 1 op, 2 dc, 1 HB fury (me), 1 SB Fury (Natsu).
    I was thinking about switching to SB. Did some tests on the preview but I didnt get convinced, so I asked Natsu to run FBI with me. I don't remember his gear but I'm pretty sure he is 3.7+ GS (I am 3.9), we have the same companions on epic, the only difference is that I use an owlbear and he uses a wild hunt rider. Companion-wise, his fire archon uses a talisman of adorable bites, ring of brutality +5 and a ring of the loyal avenger. 5 brutals rank 12 if I recall correctly (or azures rank 12?). I use a talisman of the loyal avenger, ring of brutality +4 and a ring of the loyal avenger with 3 brutals rank 12. I got all insignias on purple except by 3 barbed and 1 regal, I believe his insignias are blue. He uses a legendary relic main hand and legendary relic off hand. I use an epic relic main hand and an epic relic off hand. He got 100% crit, I got 97.6% before boons. All my offense slots (8) are brutals rank 12, but I don't remember what enchants he uses. That's all the info I remember to tell you.
    We did 2 runs, the first run I won by 10M damage if I recall correctly. 400Mish damage each one of us, so it was like 2.5% advantage for me. But we didn't get the ACT log for the first run. But he ran ACT for the second run and here are the logs: mine and his.

MINE (HB Fury):

HIS (SB Fury)

Thanks in advance to Natsu for helping me with the comparison.

PS: I use the SAME build I used before the nerf/fix. I didn't change any feats, skills, passives or whatever. I just don't TC bosses anymore, I use Brood of Hadar on them and that's 10% of my dps in FBI.
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options

So are you guys saying that after the mod 10 "class balancing" TC got another "nerf"???....and either way, I don't see the sb fury doing more damage or DPS, than the sb damnation....certainly replacing soul scorch with pop is a loss of damage, (even if your SS isn't crit) And everyone talks about the buffs from pop, I find the buffs useless...the reduction in damage dealt by enemies to players while standing in pop is decent, but not a game changer, and the resistance ignored buff is even more useless as anyone doing end game content already has their 60% R.I....

what would you use in damnation tree besides the 5 extra secs for IS?
  • Options

qtpiekay said:

I got what you asked for. FBI run with 1 op, 2 dc, 1 HB fury (me), 1 SB Fury (Natsu).
    I was thinking about switching to SB. Did some tests on the preview but I didnt get convinced, so I asked Natsu to run FBI with me. I don't remember his gear but I'm pretty sure he is 3.7+ GS (I am 3.9), we have the same companions on epic, the only difference is that I use an owlbear and he uses a wild hunt rider. Companion-wise, his fire archon uses a talisman of adorable bites, ring of brutality +5 and a ring of the loyal avenger. 5 brutals rank 12 if I recall correctly (or azures rank 12?). I use a talisman of the loyal avenger, ring of brutality +4 and a ring of the loyal avenger with 3 brutals rank 12. I got all insignias on purple except by 3 barbed and 1 regal, I believe his insignias are blue. He uses a legendary relic main hand and legendary relic off hand. I use an epic relic main hand and an epic relic off hand. He got 100% crit, I got 97.6% before boons. All my offense slots (8) are brutals rank 12, but I don't remember what enchants he uses. That's all the info I remember to tell you.
    We did 2 runs, the first run I won by 10M damage if I recall correctly. 400Mish damage each one of us, so it was like 2.5% advantage for me. But we didn't get the ACT log for the first run. But he ran ACT for the second run and here are the logs: mine and his.

MINE (HB Fury):

HIS (SB Fury)

PS: I use the SAME build I used before the nerf/fix. I didn't change any feats, skills, passives or whatever. I just don't TC bosses anymore, I use Brood of Hadar on them and that's 10% of my dps in FBI.
    Obviously without owlbear and infantible compensation natsu wouldve outdps you by almost 20mil.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

qtpiekay said:

MINE (HB Fury):

HIS (SB Fury)

Obviously without owlbear and infantible compensation natsu wouldve outdps you by almost 20mil.
    Yes and that's just a 5% damage difference. But, his weapon is legendary, mine is epic, there's a difference favoring him in that, also, he has a legendary mount, I don't know if he uses combat power to get that insignia combo bonus, he also has 2 more offense slots on his companion. In the other hand, like he said, I was getting Hastening Light from 2 DC, and that helped me a lot, in the othet other hand, aura of courage was 11% of his dps, and around 6% of my dps. It's difficult to compare a build to another because every 1% bonus makes difference and every build works differently even when it comes to buffs affecting the build playstyle.
    And this run was done just for me to check if I'd change to SB, and I decided I'm staying as Hellbringer hahaha.

I'm still thinking what companion I'm using in place of the owlbear once they fix it. Maybe I keep it if it becomes 2%+ of my dps. I don't know. What I know is that owlbear was 4% of my single target dps as a Soulbinder in the preview, so it could give me a decent dps boost even after the fix. I just don't know how it could give me 4% of my dps in a SB single target rotation with 97.6% crit lol. Maybe it's because of warlock's bargain. WB is acting weird for me when it comes to crit
  • Options
    edited November 2016

qtpiekay said:

MINE (HB Fury):

HIS (SB Fury)

Yes and that's just a 5% damage difference. But, his weapon is legendary, mine is epic, there's a difference favoring him in that, also, he has a legendary mount, I don't know if he uses combat power to get that insignia combo bonus, he also has 2 more offense slots on his companion. In the other hand, like he said, I was getting Hastening Light from 2 DC, and that helped me a lot, in the othet other hand, aura of courage was 11% of his dps, and around 6% of my dps. It's difficult to compare a build to another because every 1% bonus makes difference and every build works differently even when it comes to buffs affecting the build playstyle.
    And this run was done just for me to check if I'd change to SB, and I decided I'm staying as Hellbringer hahaha.

I'm still thinking what companion I'm using in place of the owlbear once they fix it. Maybe I keep it if it becomes 2%+ of my dps. I don't know. What I know is that owlbear was 4% of my single target dps as a Soulbinder in the preview, so it could give me a decent dps boost even after the fix. I just don't know how it could give me 4% of my dps in a SB single target rotation with 97.6% crit lol. Maybe it's because of warlock's bargain. WB is acting weird for me when it comes to crit
    Fair enough, but i really don't see anything on the ACT for HB fury besides IC(owlbear) which would compensate for the dmg dealt by Soul scorch...possibly hellish rebuke?? still natsu nearly matched that with Soul scortch, but you are prolly right. may be difficult to compare a build to another. you should find vladek in-game. he's the best sb fury ive met so far.
  • Options
    @Ly'saaera, seems like -8 sec on cooldown compare to what?2k extra power wouldve been better deal? or no?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

@Ly'saaera, seems like -8 sec on cooldown compare to what?2k extra power wouldve been better deal? or no?

I understand a bit about my class but I still don't know much about the formulas and mechanisms, so I can't tell you. I'm trying to find info about formulas and stuff to be a neverwinter nerd lol

PS: BTW, my handle is @kallephi#0836 :tongue:
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing these act logs !

Again i'm sorry but what is "infantile compensation" ?
  • Options
    dandello#8818 dandello Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    @diloul31 infantile compensation is the proc from Owlbear Cub
  • Options
    werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2016

qtpiekay said:

MINE (HB Fury):

HIS (SB Fury)

very interesting.
    Do you remember how much unbuffed power and crit Natsu had ? Because yours is considerably high (I think you have max level guild power boon).
    EDIT: i saw in another thread that you 8000 guild boon of power.
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    Thanks Dandello :)
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    I will look at it more detailed later (at work now) but from what I see you had more often Overcharge: Attack (10% damage buff) and your overall effectiveness, along with min/max/avg/med hits is also higher :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    first run is prolly more realistic cause in the second run i was chatting with some other ppl while running.
    Still the HB dps Kallephi put out there was quite impressive.
    It might look different with only 1 DC but overall i think u can say that there is not that much difference between the 2 builds.
    HB might even have a little advantage cause u buff the group more.
    Only 1 thing is sure: we need to do more testing;)
  • Options
    tom#6998 said:

first run is prolly more realistic cause in the second run i was chatting with some other ppl while running.
    It might look different with only 1 DC but overall i think u can say that there is not that much difference between the 2 builds.

Sure. I'm thinking about dropping dark relvery just to see what I can do hahaha. Hit me in game.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    HB spends dark revelry plus PoP.
    SB spend nothing.
    So even without owlbear HB looks a bit better to me?
    What about classfeature? FoE+ACC i guess
  • Options
    tom#6998 said:

No MF tho' nowadays?

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options

Fernuu, can you post the ACT logs of your tests between HB fury and SB fury, for comparisons? Just to see gap between HB vs SB

Only did some internal tests, wanted to do some HB vs SB stuff but @tom and @kallephi did it already.

Build for SB hasn't changed so much as a little teaser (feats/boons). Only some encounters and passives. I'm gonna be away for 4 days now, will test few more stuff now and we will try to put it together :)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    fernuu said:

Fernuu, can you post the ACT logs of your tests between HB fury and SB fury, for comparisons? Just to see gap between HB vs SB

Only did some internal tests, wanted to do some HB vs SB stuff but @tom and @kallephi did it already.

Build for SB hasn't changed so much as a little teaser (feats/boons). Only some encounters and passives. I'm gonna be away for 4 days now, will test few more stuff now and we will try to put it together :)
    We can test together, man. You and me. Natsu and you. We 3 together with 1 dc and 1 tank :smile:
  • Options

HB spends dark revelry plus PoP.
    SB spend nothing.
    So even without owlbear HB looks a bit better to me?
    What about classfeature? FoE+ACC i guess

In my opinion it really depends on party composition. Yes, I use Flames of Empowerment and All Consuming Curse.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Nowadays I'm rocking with a 3.8 HB Fury with PoP but no Dark Revelry, with a 104% permanent critical chance (when bondings activate). Thanks to the owlbear I can mask that HB Fury SW are not having their best time, I do hope the let us use PoP+IC until they do a cool rework to SW.

From my experience, going with PoP is pretty cool because when you party with a full pure DPS team mates you boost their damage even more, and if you are the DPS you still do a pretty good damage and you boost your teams mates damage too.