test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    stpensive said:

fernuu said:

Well you can see my crit chance on ACT - 82-91% :D Thing is Pillar of Power has 0% crit chance (like Infernal Spheres earlier)

I guess I want to be clear on that. You have a native high crit chance, however, while under the influence of PoP, all your hits that would normally crit do not because the PoP buff does not allow crit. Is that an accurate summation?

If true, you have the best of both worlds - high crit for more damage while not under the influence of PoP - more power for non-crit hits while under PoP...

Not exactly.

Owlbear is fixed with DoTs - earlier only 1st hit could trigger it. But well, that's not a point here.

Most (like 97%) of Owlbear damage done is from Pillar of Power itself - it has 0% crit chance and it does 15 ticks to each target per cast. But - it doesn't influence other encounters so they're working like they should.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    stpensive said:

fernuu said:

Well you can see my crit chance on ACT - 82-91% :D Thing is Pillar of Power has 0% crit chance (like Infernal Spheres earlier)

I guess I want to be clear on that. You have a native high crit chance, however, while under the influence of PoP, all your hits that would normally crit do not because the PoP buff does not allow crit. Is that an accurate summation?

If true, you have the best of both worlds - high crit for more damage while not under the influence of PoP - more power for non-crit hits while under PoP...

I don't think that's what he meant. Getting the new PoP's buff by standing in it doesn't do something funky like turning ur crits into non-crits, even if you have Owlbear pet out.

He's referring to the passive area damage that enemies take when/if they stand in PoP. The old PoP used to simply 'explode' when an enemy stepped into it- ending its effects. The new PoP doesn't explode but instead continually damages any hostile target that continues to be in it (while also debuffing their damage and defense). Its this passive area damage that cannot crit atm, and this is what's being affected by the owlbear cub.
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    @flowcyto
    I see now, thank you...

With that, with an Owlbear Cub, anyone (in IWD, Siege) unlucky enough to challenge you inside PoP is in for a surprise....
  • Options
    ppwojtekppwojtek Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    @kolatmaster

Would this build be good for me if i don't have 3k IL? I have 2,9 right now and deal very good damage with broken puppet. If no what would you reccomend me?
    Thank you for answer and sorry my english.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    ppwojtek said:

@kolatmaster

Would this build be good for me if i don't have 3k IL? I have 2,9 right now and deal very good damage with broken puppet. If no what would you reccomend me?
    Thank you for answer and sorry my english.

No worries on the English bud, it's all good... :)

I'd be ready to switch to Fury, either Soulbinder or Hellbringer (which I am), w/Mod 10 as Damnation really went the way of the Do-Do with it going live. By this I mean it was neutered by fixing the bugged puppet, making Fury is far and away better.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @kolatmaster

Hi there,

i'm a SW SB-Damnation at 3200 IL on PS4 and with Mod10 I think I'll respec to HB-Fury.

If I take a look on your build postet at page 32 the only chance I've to do are the powers? No gearchanges nd no changes at the campain powers? That would be fine... and cheap :)

Atm I use dragonflight with dusk and lostmouth-set (because of penetration, my artefacts are all legendary atm) mixed with brutals and darks and for artefacts book, horn, orb and elements.
  • Options
    @terrasight

Hey there! :)

For me it was no change of gear, outside of the Mod itself, where I am using some of the Everfrost Resist Armor for advancement and had to juggle around the ArmPen I had to maintain 60% Resistance Ignored. As for Boons, I don't think I changed any, if I did they were minor at best and shouldn't make a huge difference.

Your gear looks/sounds good on my end bud, hope all is rocking well!

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> back in game.
  • Options
    iambryan014#4373 iambryan014 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Would want to ask sw experts for their usual skill rotations as HB fury and SB fury. Thanks a lot guys!
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I assume you mean at level 70? And Fury?

For solo mobs: Arms of Hadar then Fire Bolt. If things are still alive arms again and then at-wills. This is for both SB and HB. HB would start with Pillar of Power, to first get that sweet damage buff. SB can rotate in any other AoE power: BoVA, DT, etc...

Group content depends of the group. Use DT instead of FB if debuffing is needed, if you have high enough stats (or you're at least playing the DPS role in your group) it's the same powers as solo.

For single target (bosses) swap out fiery bolt for single target: Killing Flames, Hadar Grasp, Warlocks Bargain, and the like. HB keeps PoP. SB slots in Soul Scorch and probably a power to build sparks fast, which depends on the boss but could be again either BoVA or DT.

For damnation you may want Wraiths Shadow (to summon / buff puppet).
  • Options
    Thanks whyrat! Yes,it is indeed for a level 70 warlock. So for bosses as an Hb lock it's better to use PoP, WB and Hadar's Grasp? Then swap KF with Hadar's Grasp once boss is less than 50% hp? KF kinda lost its appeal after fixing..lol Thanks again, sir.
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User

Thanks whyrat! Yes,it is indeed for a level 70 warlock. So for bosses as an Hb lock it's better to use PoP, WB and Hadar's Grasp? Then swap KF with Hadar's Grasp once boss is less than 50% hp? KF kinda lost its appeal after fixing..lol Thanks again, sir.

Only if you have VIP rank 5 or higher... without that there's an 8 sec delay for swapping in a new power. It also depends on how fast your group is clearing; Fernu's videos he doesn't do this; and just goes in with KF slotted. But he usually runs with much higher DPS groups than I do :open_mouth:
  • Options
    null

Thanks again,you guys are like the authorities in Sw.,lol fernuu has a constant grp runs while i mostly do pug,so yeah..might need to swap skills midfight.
  • Options
    @iambryan014#4373 I'd stick with Killing Flames over Hadar's Grasp from the start of a Boss fight, but that's just me...

I suggest testing it out and seeing what works best for you! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    scotch234scotch234 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @kolatmaster @fernuu
    Hey guys, I've read your posts and builds for a long time but this is the first time I've posted. I just wanted to say thanks very much for your builds and advice. I find the changes to SW with the build you've suggested is so much more fun to play now. Thanks again!
  • Options
    @scotch234 thanks! :)

And yeah I run with KF at bosses all the time as it's damage is steal good :)

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I find the build pretty good. I'm still messing around with it and the rotation i chose. I ran 2 CN's and easily stayed on top with all 4ks. The damage is definitely not there compared to premod 10 but it's fun to play. Also the change to TT is pitiful! They need to give us an aoe daily to compensate for it. Overall that changes are ok and really need more balancing, rework. Mod 10 is not so good.
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User

I find the build pretty good. I'm still messing around with it and the rotation i chose. I ran 2 CN's and easily stayed on top with all 4ks. The damage is definitely not there compared to premod 10 but it's fun to play. Also the change to TT is pitiful! They need to give us an aoe daily to compensate for it. Overall that changes are ok and really need more balancing, rework. Mod 10 is not so good.

I'm really liking the palystyle and not having to deal with sparks. Like you said, the onlymajor drawback is GoH being doodoo butter. TC not taking 5 seconds to cast/curse is nice and it's good we have some party utility. Overall I'm actually liking where SW is but that's my opinion.
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Pro tip- focus only on getting them bondings up. Maxing out your companion is top priority over anything. Bondings Findings to 12 then all enchants to 12. Then work on getting good rings/gear on comp. Also your dps tanked because the puppet who did massive dps is gone.
  • Options
    humanplushumanplus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Is owl bear companion a must have to make this build work? I'm on ps4.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Aaand again...

Have respeced to HB-Fury...very nice, different playstyle and very funny.

ATM i'm unsure about my "bred and butter" config. ATM i run PoP, AoH and DH (more dmg then FB? (in tooltip)).
    For bosses i change DH to KillingFlames or for AoE to FB (need more powerpoints...fu...).

In weaponhand I use Hellish Rebuke and in shieldhand FoE. Ok or better options?

Rotation: PoP, HoB/HR -> daylie, arms, Bolt/DT and so on...

I can stand MUCH longer in mobs then before... really great. Trashmobs dies much faster but on bosses the damage feels a bit better with SB before (my new rotation is still not perfect and i still need points für the powers so I look forward...).

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    humanplus said:

Is owl bear companion a must have to make this build work? I'm on ps4.

Nope- its just ideal for min-maxing dps for those that can get the cub, via its interaction w/ PoP's dmg aura. HB can still perform well w/o it.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @kolatmaster @fernuu

Question: You booth have differences in the talents (dark revalry). What do you booth think is more effective?
    ATM after respec from SBD I run the suggested talents from page 32/fernuus first settings.
  • Options
    As far as I know @kolatmaster is running with Dark Revelry too nowadays B)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Respeced and will give it a try :-)

Edit: Oh yeah... really a difference... thx a lot :)
    Post edited by terrasight#2000 on
  • Options
    @scotch234

Glad you enjoy the guide/builds, thanks bud! :)

@j35t3r199

Focusing on the Bondings is a good call from a Min/Max standpoint, though I remember seeing the Devs say they are reviewing them... Whatever that means in the end we can't say! Either way, happy you're enjoying the build!

@humanplus

The Owlbear is NOT necessary to making the Build work, though it certainly increases the DPS from it a great deal. W/o it, the build is still a fine/fun one to run and play with!

@terrasight#2000

Honestly it comes down if you'd like to help the party with Dark Revelry or Power of the Nine Hells. If you're finding yourself leaving Pillar of Power a lot to survive/dodge, try Power of the Nine Hells. If you are able to absorb hits well enough/live, then rock Dark Revelry...

Or you can go pure Fury, though Dark Revelry is fairly competitive with a full Fury build IMO.

Either way you go...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    I'll stay with dark revelry. The buff is fantastic and with pop and life leech i can stay very well.

Thank you guys :-)
  • Options

I'll stay with dark revelry. The buff is fantastic and with pop and life leech i can stay very well.

Thank you guys :-)

I love the Pillar of Power playstyle, up in the face of the bad guys and saying...

va8Ru.gif