test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    I'll be throwing up the Guide here at the top of page 32 later today... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    alright alright alllriiiite!!
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    Update has been made to the top posts on Page 32! :smiley:

alright alright alllriiiite!!

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Couple questions about your gear, why not go with dragonflight gear? Also i noticed your recovery is decently high. Do you notice a difference with it being at 8k+? Mine's only around 4k but my power is at 31.8k and crit at 16.7k, CA at 1800. I would have to sacrifice a dps stat to raise my recovery is why I'm asking.
  • Options
    theio666theio666 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    @kolatmaster Is it true what Flames of Empowerment is now work as debuff? If yes, why you don't use no_pity_no_mercy+flames_of_empowerment? Becouse anyway in your build SW have no chance to do really huge damage and in this case all cons course is useless.
    And one more q: me and many SW from my guild noticed, that SW have now really good damage in pve solo while farming, but in dungeons all damage dissapeared, is it same for you?
    p.s. I am SB coz i want to deal damage, tried HB and no aoe damage frightened me, also HB can't deal even solo target damage with 2 skills with 8s cd and pillar(
  • Options

Couple questions about your gear, why not go with dragonflight gear? Also i noticed your recovery is decently high. Do you notice a difference with it being at 8k+? Mine's only around 4k but my power is at 31.8k and crit at 16.7k, CA at 1800. I would have to sacrifice a dps stat to raise my recovery is why I'm asking.

I just happen to currently like the 2x Set bonuses instead of the DF gear, simply personal preference there. And my recovery is so high in that pic because I am using the 4k Bonus from the Tenser's Disc mount, and I'm constantly fluctuating through them trying different things. Personally the 4k is nice, but it certainly isn't necessary so I'd say it's your choice right there... :)
    theio666 said:

@kolatmaster Is it true what Flames of Empowerment is now work as debuff? If yes, why you don't use no_pity_no_mercy+flames_of_empowerment? Becouse anyway in your build SW have no chance to do really huge damage and in this case all cons course is useless.
    And one more q: me and many SW from my guild noticed, that SW have now really good damage in pve solo while farming, but in dungeons all damage dissapeared, is it same for you?
    p.s. I am SB coz i want to deal damage, tried HB and no aoe damage frightened me, also HB can't deal even solo target damage with 2 skills with 8s cd and pillar(

The reason I don't use both NPNM and FoE is that All Consuming Curse is a thing, and it's pretty damn nice to have a bunch of Lesser Curses out there. I do switch my other one between NPNM/FoE for testing and such, so that's currently an evolution of the build that I am looking into!

SW are a bit behind in the Dungeon DPS if you're looking solely at Paingiver, but as @thefabricant has described in another post the Paingiver caluclations are wonky as all heck, and not a true indication of DPS contribution. SW still do great solo-target damage, and now we can offer party utility w/Pillar of Power which is a huge bonus to our help to the party as a whole.

Remember, all that matters is if YOU have fun playing the class and that you're a benefit to the party. If you're doing both of those things, what else really matters?

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    Update: For Trash Clearing, and solo targeting if you're team doesn't need/want the Dreadtheft Debuff/Buff try Arms of Hadar instead of DT. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Update: For Trash Clearing, and solo targeting if you're team doesn't need/want the Dreadtheft Debuff/Buff try Arms of Hadar instead of DT. :)

Arms of, "wtf is this wonky thing" :p
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I also stick with Arms , it pretty good aoe and cc on top
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Honestly I'm not very interested in DPS when I play my SW, also because I'm not so high to compete. It's more intriguing to check how the interactions work as a whole.
    For sure my SW gives its best in single target when I'm in a DG and when soloing. Despite I'm a HB fury, I've a decent lifesteal and I see interesting heals values when I'm in combat (even some peaks up to 120k sometimes): survivability is not a problem at all.
    I run some dungeons after the class change and here my first impressions (following the build by @kolatmaster):
    - as an average, my SW (at 2.8K) can be considered a honest damage dealer
    - as said, I like a lot the interactions. A good GWF I use to play with had a lot of benefit from the buffs coming from DC + GF + SW, becoming a melting machine.

My impression is that the SW, even a mid level as I am, is a good mix of dps and buffs. The latter is promising also in view of FBI: I see a GWF casting the wheel of elements, then he run over the pillar area and finally buffed by GF and DC while the dreadtheft hit as many targets as it can. I love to see pillar under a Tiamat head.
    Playing the SW becomes very funny because it's not just a bunch of encounters/at will to max the dps, but now it plays an important role to max the overall efficiency of the party. So you have to take care of the mutual positioning of the party members as an example.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User

IM 2.4 IL ON Xbox live. in CN run one boss(no adds) I popped lantern of Revelation=my pain giver went from 18mil to 38 mil damage. It appearantly adds all damage from that artifact bump to your Paingiver stats.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Honestly I'm not very interested in DPS when I play my SW, also because I'm not so high to compete. It's more intriguing to check how the interactions work as a whole.
    For sure my SW gives its best in single target when I'm in a DG and when soloing. Despite I'm a HB fury, I've a decent lifesteal and I see interesting heals values when I'm in combat (even some peaks up to 120k sometimes): survivability is not a problem at all.
    I run some dungeons after the class change and here my first impressions (following the build by @kolatmaster):
    - as an average, my SW (at 2.8K) can be considered a honest damage dealer
    - as said, I like a lot the interactions. A good GWF I use to play with had a lot of benefit from the buffs coming from DC + GF + SW, becoming a melting machine.

My impression is that the SW, even a mid level as I am, is a good mix of dps and buffs. The latter is promising also in view of FBI: I see a GWF casting the wheel of elements, then he run over the pillar area and finally buffed by GF and DC while the dreadtheft hit as many targets as it can. I love to see pillar under a Tiamat head.
    Playing the SW becomes very funny because it's not just a bunch of encounters/at will to max the dps, but now it plays an important role to max the overall efficiency of the party. So you have to take care of the mutual positioning of the party members as an example.

And that was our intention - to make Warlock relevant and fun to play!
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    btlowerbtlower Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Any role for temptation, or not much use?
  • Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    quick question, does Pillar of power stack with other pillar of powers? say on tiamat or DF dragons?

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rotters said:

quick question, does Pillar of power stack with other pillar of powers? say on tiamat or DF dragons?

No, you cannot stack multiple plates and ducks.
  • Options
    d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @thefabricant But you can stack multiple ducks on one plate!
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    @d4rkh0rs3 use a clean plate for each trip to the buffet. Or the health department will shut you down!
  • Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks for keeping everyone up to date and I use your fury build which is amazing I might add.
    But I have a question about enchantments some one told me to use dark enchantments for offensive and azure for defensive and utility is this correct?
    I don't want to add stuff to slots and it be wrong so any advice would help thanks In advance.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    For me i use all rank 12 brutals for offensive and rank 12 darks for defense. Getting the lifesteal up around 30% is very nice and using brutals I get my crit and power up to max what they can be using brutals. Granted if you want all power then go with rads or all crit s use azure. But wanting a perfect combination of both stats, brutals are the way to go.
    Post edited by xrawcarnage on
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    @xrawcarnage tats,grits and neutrals auto correct FTW lol
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User

@xrawcarnage tats,grits and neutrals auto correct FTW lol

Lol sounds like it should go on an Early Cuyler cap

3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    Lmao my bad all. Just picked up the note 7 and it hasn't adjusted to NW lingo yet ;) I will edit
  • Options
    drssaferridrssaferri Member Posts: 4 Arc User

For me i use all rank 12 brutals for offensive and rank 12 darks for defense. Getting the lifesteal up around 30% is very nice and using brutals I get my crit and power up to max what they can be using brutals. Granted if you want all power then go with rads or all crit s use azure. But wanting a perfect combination of both stats, brutals are the way to go.

You have Savage for defense, Like Brutal for offensive
  • Options
    Not yet. Im currently making them and waiting to finish them on the upcoming dbl rp (Xbox). Hp and lifesteal can't go wrong.
  • Options
    I recommend testing Owlbear Companion now after today's patch.
    It procs every our encounters. Like Dreadtheft (up to 24 hits with low crit) and Pillar of Power (perma 15 hits, as it doesn't crit).

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    That's why:

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    And by "Test" @fernuu means ya'll best get your butts an Owlbear in an Active Companion slot... STAT!!! ;)
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    (xbox) Got my CUTE companion before was noticing it not working. looking forward to patch on xbox. any crit chance reccomendations?
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    Well you can see my crit chance on ACT - 82-91% :D Thing is Pillar of Power has 0% crit chance (like Infernal Spheres earlier)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    fernuu said:

Well you can see my crit chance on ACT - 82-91% :D Thing is Pillar of Power has 0% crit chance (like Infernal Spheres earlier)

I guess I want to be clear on that. You have a native high crit chance, however, while under the influence of PoP, all your hits that would normally crit do not because the PoP buff does not allow crit. Is that an accurate summation?

If true, you have the best of both worlds - high crit for more damage while not under the influence of PoP - more power for non-crit hits while under PoP...