test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @schietindebux
    U should change your offhandfeat to acc.
    The FoE offhandbonus isnt working atm
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Well this is run from mSVA (and I mostly run there) so I can not use Sigil of Devoted nor have BoVA and I've 100% AP all the time. I dont like using Sigil on single target (waste of AP or time, depends on situation) so I dont use Sparkbinder either - spirits damage is meh, and my AP is refilling faster so I cant recast it.

MF is only investment worth there (mostly for single target). It's still 3% damage, same as Parting Blasphemy. Both are underperforming, both are better than Sparkbinder and Killing Curse, so I just took lesser evil.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    I don't use Spirits for their damages. I use them to refill fast my Soul Sparks and then spam Soul Scorch.
    I didn't feel like i was 100% AP all the time though but maybe it's because i don't have the Flail Snail. Anyway, if you have too much APs, Sparkbinder is useless, you're right.

But why couldn't you have BoVA in MSVA ? Same thing than Spirits, i use it just to refill my Soul Sparks in aoe.
    And 1st part of the trial is full aoe so, it works very well for me !
    Did you feel like Killing Flames + Murderous were better for you ?
  • Options
    KF+MF/FB/SS is massive damage dealer combined with TC. I don't need 30 sparks to do high damage then, mostly just keep for 2 or 3 SS. TT > FB > SS > KF and all around is dead if I'm buffed. If not buffed and/or facing solo giant (or phase 2/3), I use spirits+essence defilier so I can spam SS endless.

I used BoVA a lot in past. I don't like it's damage most of times. Sparks generation is nice but it also requires me to join close combat. I'm in close combat anyway (playstyle) but when facing group solo it's not a good idea.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    And here I was hoping for best of all each world. Can't run dark revelry with MF, and DR I have found to be a nice thing to have with the extra power and speed. Plus the party buff is always nice to throw out there. So does anyone know exactly how MF is working now? (I remember that people were mentioning that it was under performing, any ideas why?)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    It's underperforming because it has been coded by incompetent developer.
    It's doing 1/5 or 1/6 of KF damage (instead of ~1/3), depending on some other factors. But still you won't find better feat sadly.
    I don't have time to download PTS nor retraining tokens to compare DR vs MF/PB so can't say it's best.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    Lol well that would explain a lot of the issues that the entire SW community are facing these days. Surprise changes, underperformance........hopefully the old adage that trial/adversity is the mother of innovation still rings true lol
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Okok thank you for your explanations ! I will test this and see what it seems like for me ^^

And any thoughts on Offering to the prisoners over Parting Blasphemy ? (yeah I don't really like this one lol)
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    tom#6998 said:

@schietindebux

U should change your offhandfeat to acc.

The FoE offhandbonus isnt working atm

thx, I am pretty sure I tested in mod 9 and it did work..?
    Just checked NPNM feat, wich works only for me (+6% effectiveness)... but not for the raid
    I run NPNM on trash and vs single lot´s of times (HB damnation atm), not best way for a SB-fury for sure.
    With sellsword i get up 141% effect. on dummy
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Greetings all! I think I've had a mad scientist type epiphany...

Brief update: Currently I am back to a pure Fury / Soulbinder build, with a itty bitty twist! ;)

Weapon Enchant: Transcendant Frost
    Artifact Offhand Power: Warding Curse - "Enemies affected by your Warlock's Curse are slowed by 25%"

So the basic idea is to use the Frost Enchant to make the bad guys go full HAMSTER for 4 seconds every 20 seconds...

Yea, well... They do! lol

Anyways, that combined with the 25% slow seems to be a recipe for a solid mini-control aspect to the Fury / Soulbinder. I mean sure, you do less DPS, but I've been finding it makes FBI runs a lot easier (particularly the 1st part up the mountain and the Troll caves part) for non-optimized parties.

Also been running, for just adds, Fiery Bolt / Killing Flames / Arms of Hadar and not utilizing Soul Scorch until I'm on a boss. That way I have a full AoE rotation for the adds.

One thing of note, and I'm hoping it's correct though I need to confirm it, All Consuming Curse puts a Lesser Curse on bad guys w/every Critical Strike... What I'm hoping is that it counts as the Curse necessary to trigger the Warding Curse off-hand Artifact ability. Cause that's kind what I'm going for with this set up!

So what do ya'll think?

Update to the above: I believe the enemies (Giants/Bosses) are Immune to the Slow effect from Warding Curse, but are suceptable to the 4 second 'pause' from the Frost Enchant. Other bad guys like Orcs, Trolls, etc. will be slowed, as will apparently player characters in PvP... lol

At least that's what I'm getting so far in my research! :)

Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    Kolat, that's definitely a unique way of thinking. Almost like a synergy between the SW and CW. I assume ur running MF feat as well for KF AoE? And it would be clutch if the lesser curses counts for the off hand feat, but seeing the description of "warlocks curse" makes me wary. Let us know how it works out though!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    You may also go go with valindras set, willow wisp, cantakerous mage, sadly Dread Theft doesn´t slow targets any more, once it had a slow effect.
  • Options
    Updated at the bottom a bit... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @kolatmaster so Owlbear cub is unneeded because the build is SB, right? I'll tell to guildies, although this changes an Owlbear cub for a Transcendent Frost that is even more expensive :D:D:D
  • Options
    @kolatmaster I really like your idea but not in a dps build. I'd find it really interesting if your were running a support build like the one @bloodyspamer uploaded. Moreover, Frost Enchantment is gorgeous for debuff!
  • Options
    nisckis said:

@kolatmaster so Owlbear cub is unneeded because the build is SB, right? I'll tell to guildies, although this changes an Owlbear cub for a Transcendent Frost that is even more expensive :D:D:D

Yea, SB has no need for the Owlbeat Cub... And it's just a funking experiment! :)
    tenetomb said:

@kolatmaster I really like your idea but not in a dps build. I'd find it really interesting if your were running a support build like the one @bloodyspamer uploaded. Moreover, Frost Enchantment is gorgeous for debuff!

Well the point is to still be able to kill things, while offering some control elements. Though I do see your point... Just some mad scientist type experimentation, and I'm enjoying it so far!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,182 Arc User
    tenetomb said:

Well the point is to still be able to kill things, while offering some control elements. Though I do see your point... Just some mad scientist type experimentation, and I'm enjoying it so far!

So far I have only 1 build posted in this forum, and that one is temptation HB. And killing is not main role for supporter classes.
    Temp sw role is mostly to heal, provide buffs, and debuffs, and only last role is dps.

If guys want dps, they should pick dps builds, rather picking support and then try beat someone in dps terms.
    I had heal focused DC, and it where really annoying to level up it, No decent dps, just healing..
    But unlike DC, warlock by nature is striker.. And temp build have offensive capabilities same as u would not pick any paragon tree(damnation, fury).

But once thing I can assure,, one guy manage to complete eToS solo with temp HB, Thats mean its OK, and u can do lot of things with it, but dps scales are low, so u must be ready for long annoying fight..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    levovarlevovar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2016

rotters said:

ive really noticed that my single mob dps has fallen away. for the early mobs in mSVA im doing really really well then it comes to the boss a load of gwiffs take over as my damage falls away. im running a Dark Rev build. using pop wb and dt for solo bosses. any suggestions?

Tab

WB and DT are the reason, mainly DT and ignoring Killing Flames. WB is really good but overall Arms of Hadar dps is better because of how the cooldown works. And DT? 6 seconds to do that amount of damage, and you are stuck and bound to do nothing during those 6 seconds (ignoring the hand of blight + DT bug). Try arms of hadar instead of DT and Killing Flames instead of WB, you're ignoring the best damage dealing power from our class.

If you run msva with 2 dcs and they are using hastening light (and the majority does) you are just losing let's say 2 Killing Flames + 2 arms of hadar casts by the time you are casting a single Dreadtheft. That's a huge dps loss, HUGE.
    doing my periodical check-up on the community boards, saw the topic
    to contribute: but the debuff, though? :)

I'm running a 3.7k HB fury, very similar playstyle, but I use DT in MSVA.
    Well, apart from being my favourite encounter and the sole reason of playing SW; if you look at it from overall perspective isn't it better to run DT, sacrifice a little bit of personal damage for the overall debuff?
    I mean we are effectively a "buf/debuff first, DPS second" branch now, so might as well max out the support factor IMO.

Consider also that you can still do at wills (HR) and KF during the DT, or can cancel it anytime to do your KFs and Broods (the hastening light you reference will replenish DT too)
    I'm still dealing 160-240M of damage depending on party (without orcus set, useful artifact powers, erinyes), and defeated my fair share of CWs and GWFs during my runs.

I may be in the wrong here since haven't explicitly tested, just my gut feeling. My guildies and teammates usually like my debuffs, while I still retain a "moderate" amount of DPS.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Can someone tell me if dark revelry works for yourself please ?
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

Can someone tell me if dark revelry works for yourself please ?

Yes it does
  • Options
    Thanks for the confirmation :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer.
  • Options
    wolfsinzwolfsinz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi everyone,

So I'm a HB Fury 3.1k (although it seems I need to go back to SB).

I have Lantern, Sigil of Devoted, Lostmauth Horn and Controller artifacts.

Thoughts on changing any of these for Token of Chromatic Storm?
  • Options
    wolfsinz said:

Hi everyone,

So I'm a HB Fury 3.1k (although it seems I need to go back to SB).

I have Lantern, Sigil of Devoted, Lostmauth Horn and Controller artifacts.

Thoughts on changing any of these for Token of Chromatic Storm?

Firstly, you don't NEED to go back to SB, that's a personal preference. Honestly, I have jumped back between them multiple times, and I'm currently an HB again.... :)

I think those artifacts are solid, though I'd have Sigil as the active one and I'd look on changing the Controller for the Token of Chromatic Storm. At least stat wise!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    null
    Just curious why do you think you need to go back to SB ?
    I thought that the tests done by our dedicated locks here showed a similar dps
    for both builds HB and SB.
    Or i missed something ?
  • Options
    diloul31 said:

I thought that the tests done by our dedicated locks here showed a similar dps

for both builds HB and SB.

That's the general assessment, depending on party composition/rotation/gear/etc one can be ahead of another, however it's really player preference at this point.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wolfsinzwolfsinz Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Firstly, you don't NEED to go back to SB, that's a personal preference. Honestly, I have jumped back between them multiple times, and I'm currently an HB again.... :)

I think those artifacts are solid, though I'd have Sigil as the active one and I'd look on changing the Controller for the Token of Chromatic Storm. At least stat wise!

Kolat, yes ok, "need" may have been a little dramatic ;)

Thanks for the input, I also felt the stats on Chromatic seemed more beneficial. As for my SB comment. I started as HB and played HB for almost 2 years. I switched to SB and battled, but learnt to love it. Then after the SW rework and went back to HB...my DPS just doesn't feel the same.

I understand that with PoP, I'm offering more of a support role, but I am currently in a one man guild and usually just run with one or two others, so the support factor almost seems to be waste. Although apparently it comes in handy during dungeon runs.

I suppose I want the best of both worlds....DPS and then the support when required....my expectations are high, I get it. :)
  • Options
    You kinda misunderstood. HB is not buff > dps. It's dps > buff. Buff is just extra team factor.

With Power of the Nine Hells feat you're boosting your damage with 24%. Team gets only 18%.
    Without this feat, both values changes to 12%.

24% is a lot.

You will deal better damage as Soulbinder only if you don't have Owlbear companion. In other case damage is nearly equal (and as kolat mentioned, dependant on party composition and situation/dungeon).

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    hey all what passive are folks using atm? im HB currently using ACC and FOE. Though for fast dungeon like Etos I swap FOE for Shadow Walk. Would NPNM be better than KOE in say boss fights?

thanks,

Tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @fernuu

Exept when fighting unmoving boss like CN, players are always moving around from an ennemi pack to another.
    And since many players use long range attack pets like fire archon, the pets don't benefit from 9 Hell.

I may be wrong but imho, Dark Revelry is really better than 9 Hell ( i based my build on yours with your change of feats after trying both)

While with Dark Revelry, it's only 5s of 20% power buff, it procs so often that it's like the party is almost always under Dark Revelry buff.
    AND the party don't need to cross POP, the long range attack pets also benefit from Dark Revelry and give back a little of that with bondings runes.

Maybe my analysis is wrong but i can't see why a warlock would prefer Power of 9 vs Dark Revelry unless the party stay glued to the warlock.
    (exept the fact that so many warlocks still think that DR don't work for yourself and thinking so they don't want to buff gwf and others dps class)