test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daigotsu: Scourge Warlock Guide, by "Leeroy Jenkins" of GWF Fame... ;)

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    In theory, with the insane AP generation from fire weapons/snail/DC arti, how much of a difference do you think it will make? I am really liking the combo I currently have.
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Well for PvE I would definitely go with Twisted Set - tested it with guildmate, full power buff all the time.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Well right now the Fire Weapon + Snail has been great to allow me to sideline the Sigil of the Devoted versus the Wheel of Elements.

The Wheel of Elements has been spectacular, really. :)

So the debate, for me, is whether the Twisted + Snail + Wheel, still enough AP for TT when I need/want it, as opposed to dropping the Wheel for Sigil, which I am currently loathe to do...
    va8Ru.gif
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    you can push the AP gain significantly with energizing curse btw, works good , run 3 point being human most time
    atm i sacrificed it to get a bit more in PVP spec
    Well as I tested, on boss fights/dragons I don't need sigil of the devoted nor fire weapon to keep my daily up (brood). In dungeons sometimes when mobs dies too fast I miss ap at start of next fight, so then I mostly use sigil.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    edited December 2015
    Merry Chrismas to my magical dark side cousins from a CW that likes to nose around in this thread to learn a thing or two....like the OPness of the Shadow Demon (I got your number now Kolatmaster!)
    Post edited by niadan on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Please note kolat that its really hard to find the page with your build on because the OP has not been updated in ages. Page 33 is no longer page 33 and your link no longer works, this makes it really frustrating when trying to link your build to new players (I am trying atm) :p
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    the link in his sig still works fine and leads directly to the appropriate page (and that link is actually how i found the guide); you can always swipe that for the newbies​​
  • zachwhozachwho Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    What page is the guide on? On a mobile and can't see his signature to follow that link

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    Greetings all!

I cannot really edit the OP w/o deleting a bunch of stuff, and losing some content. I like how it shows the evolution of the build...

But as some have stated, current best place to start is page 14! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • kairaterakairatera Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Blades of vanquished armies really comes in handy for me when I'm being swarmed. I really like your build, but I was wondering, what do you think I should get rid of in order to max out BoVA instead?
    kairatera said:

Blades of vanquished armies really comes in handy for me when I'm being swarmed. I really like your build, but I was wondering, what do you think I should get rid of in order to max out BoVA instead?

In all honesty I haven't used BoVA in ages... Are you using it when you are soloing or in groups/dungeons?

Soloing I can honestly see a use for it, if you like using it and/or want to get up in the mix of things.

Group play I definitely do not see a place for it, as you should be far away from the enemy as much as possible.

While I cannot say what to give up exactly, I can tell you what I would NOT give up for it:

Warlock's Bargain / Fiery Bolt / Killing Flames / Hadar's Grasp / Soul Scorch

Maybe Arms of Hadar?
    va8Ru.gif
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    What do you feel is best for mobs in dungeons? Sadly we have no damage dump/log on xbox. My encounters are WB/DT/SS but i was interested to know what other people are currently running
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide

kairatera said:

In all honesty I haven't used BoVA in ages... Are you using it when you are soloing or in groups/dungeons?

Soloing I can honestly see a use for it, if you like using it and/or want to get up in the mix of things.

Group play I definitely do not see a place for it, as you should be far away from the enemy as much as possible.

While I cannot say what to give up exactly, I can tell you what I would NOT give up for it:

Warlock's Bargain / Fiery Bolt / Killing Flames / Hadar's Grasp / Soul Scorch

Maybe Arms of Hadar?
    I solo play, it's hard for me to play in groups on Neverwinter for some odd reason. Anyway, it's useful for solo play because I can have it going while I dreadtheft and I'm less likely to die XD But I still die a lot as a Scourge Warlock. It's probably my armour and whatnot, I suck at this game. But I love it XD
    Also, is it worth it to respec my character under the soulbinder damnation path? I know the puppet only does so much damage currently because of bugs, but I've never followed the damnation path and really like the soul puppet when I do have him out. Does anyone have comments about the different paths?
  • seniorhobsseniorhobs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    kairatera said:

Also, is it worth it to respec my character under the soulbinder damnation path? I know the puppet only does so much damage currently because of bugs, but I've never followed the damnation path and really like the soul puppet when I do have him out. Does anyone have comments about the different paths?

My 3 cents:
    If you are in the 2K ilvl range, SB/Damn and focus on Crit > Pwr > Arp (maximize crit severity bonus; active companion buffs, feats etc).
    If you are in the 3K ilvl range, SB/Fury(or Damn) and focus on Powr > Crit > Arp (maximize damage bonus; active companion buffs, feats etc).

Equally geared/skilled SW still cannot compete straight up with GWF, TR, HR. Sure some always shine and certainly in specific situations we can, but that is because they know how to specifically get the most out of the class/encounter mechanics etc. The above recommendation is designed to help you do that. Lower ilvl focus on crit and damage from additional sources such as puppet, spirits, striker companion with bonding stones rank 10 or greater, lostmauth set etc. If you are higher ilvl your crit score should be high enough to focus on + damage and take advantage of the fury capstone better.

I'm not as vocal as some others such as Kolat etc. But I have been here since closed beta and 7 years of end game WoW before. I always do my own parsing / theorycrafting and try to follow the trends of the upper players in a given class for additional tweaks.

I myself, at just under 4k ilvl, stick with SB/Damn because I like the consistency and ease of play. HG and SS are staple and I swap out WB and Harrowstorm for single target/ae accordingly (harrowstorm and hg generate a lot of lostmauth procs). I stick to spirits for my daily regardless of situation because you can keep them up 99.9% of the time for constant consistent damage. For reference I use snail and wheel; as Kolat said, the wheel turns out to be pretty amazing and I wouldn't swap it for sigil; especially if your AP gain is high enough to keep spirits up. Do not have twisted set yet (well i have but not in use) but will come this double rp here shortly. With the encounters mentioned and use of spirits you pretty much are spamming SS, and with pwr/dmg focused build you can chain constant 100K + crits of SS, especially when brutal ring procs and your pet dies and double or trip buffs you with the bonding buff.

I do look forward to going back to Fury when/if SW receives some balance to the other pure dps classes. But for now I am content with at least consistent reliable output and only recommend that anyone reading this try to spec/play to your gear level and not try to mirror what the top guys are doing because what they are doing simply does not replicate at lower ilvls or w/o the right gear (lostmauth set, active companions, boons etc)

-Nate aka Grogak

• bawzdeepbawzdeep Member Posts: 33 Arc User

kairatera said:

My 3 cents:
    If you are in the 2K ilvl range, SB/Damn and focus on Crit > Pwr > Arp (maximize crit severity bonus; active companion buffs, feats etc).
    If you are in the 3K ilvl range, SB/Fury(or Damn) and focus on Powr > Crit > Arp (maximize damage bonus; active companion buffs, feats etc).

Equally geared/skilled SW still cannot compete straight up with GWF, TR, HR. Sure some always shine and certainly in specific situations we can, but that is because they know how to specifically get the most out of the class/encounter mechanics etc. The above recommendation is designed to help you do that. Lower ilvl focus on crit and damage from additional sources such as puppet, spirits, striker companion with bonding stones rank 10 or greater, lostmauth set etc. If you are higher ilvl your crit score should be high enough to focus on + damage and take advantage of the fury capstone better.

I'm not as vocal as some others such as Kolat etc. But I have been here since closed beta and 7 years of end game WoW before. I always do my own parsing / theorycrafting and try to follow the trends of the upper players in a given class for additional tweaks.

I myself, at just under 4k ilvl, stick with SB/Damn because I like the consistency and ease of play. HG and SS are staple and I swap out WB and Harrowstorm for single target/ae accordingly (harrowstorm and hg generate a lot of lostmauth procs). I stick to spirits for my daily regardless of situation because you can keep them up 99.9% of the time for constant consistent damage. For reference I use snail and wheel; as Kolat said, the wheel turns out to be pretty amazing and I wouldn't swap it for sigil; especially if your AP gain is high enough to keep spirits up. Do not have twisted set yet (well i have but not in use) but will come this double rp here shortly. With the encounters mentioned and use of spirits you pretty much are spamming SS, and with pwr/dmg focused build you can chain constant 100K + crits of SS, especially when brutal ring procs and your pet dies and double or trip buffs you with the bonding buff.

I do look forward to going back to Fury when/if SW receives some balance to the other pure dps classes. But for now I am content with at least consistent reliable output and only recommend that anyone reading this try to spec/play to your gear level and not try to mirror what the top guys are doing because what they are doing simply does not replicate at lower ilvls or w/o the right gear (lostmauth set, active companions, boons etc)

-Nate aka Grogak

Are you able to post your build? I am also looking into Damn while taking advantage of 2X Refinement.
    Greetings all!

Time for a small update, and I've done something a bit unorthodox...

I un-min/maxed my Scourge Warlock.

What do I mean?

1. Re-rolled race to Human.
    2. Refined my Lostmauth set into my new Black Ice set.
    3. Lost about 5% DPS overall because of the changes, for the simple reason I wanted to because I think it's cool to Human and I detest the Tiefling tail wiggle.

I know what you're thinking... This is no longer min/maxing, top of the Paingiver chart, super awesome to the maximum build?!?!?

Which then turns into... How dare you do this?!?!?

My answer is really quite simple... It's because I wanted too.

Just wanted to play the game in a manner I wanted, and you can always refer back to page 14 for a more min/max'd build and I'll still be trying to make Orion (new name!) the best he can be. Just in my own way...

va8Ru.gif
    So what's the new dude look like?

Like this!

And this!

And even this!

Here is his hard stat counts:

va8Ru.gif
    edited December 2015
    Here is his Offensive Percentages:

And his Defensive Percentages:

His Feats are still using Dark Revelry for a more team oriented approach:

I'll try and get an updated picture up over the weekend. :)
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
    So there ya have it folks...

I threw ya'll a bit of a curveball here. No real logic behind the change, outside of I just didn't want to be a Tiefling and run the Lostmauth set anymore. Bit of a 'counter culture' move I suppose, and maybe all you're thinking about is:

And that's cool, no worries! :)

The Black Ice Set bonus, the irresistible damage, accounts for less then 1% of my total DPS whereas the Lostmauth Set bonus accounted for 8% or so. Pretty big change there... Though it's somewhat softened by the extra +2 Con/Cha from the Black Ice Set and the 3 Heroic Feat Points for Human.

However, once again, I will state the above update is NOT the best DPS build out there. It's just the way I want to play the game now... :smiley:

Either way, we're all having fun playing this game, so let's all just remember this:

va8Ru.gif
    Nice! Honestly I was considering this myself. Min/maxing is so STRESSFUL, especially when you are just flat beaten by GWF 9/10 times... Black Ice set is 10x cooler than the Lostmauth set, plus being an OG Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights player, Beholders are da bizniz. I can't stand the tail because it clips through my snail when I'm riding. So i lose a couple million doing dungeons, meh. I'll still get at most 2nd every time there's a GWF anyway! Playing an RPG to have fun with the character you like best? You might be on to something here...
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
    edited December 2015
    Orion is still rocking the dps charts. I too have been thinking of going Human on my mage.
    mrshabok said:

Nice! Honestly I was considering this myself. Min/maxing is so STRESSFUL, especially when you are just flat beaten by GWF 9/10 times... Black Ice set is 10x cooler than the Lostmauth set, plus being an OG Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights player, Beholders are da bizniz. I can't stand the tail because it clips through my snail when I'm riding. So i lose a couple million doing dungeons, meh. I'll still get at most 2nd every time there's a GWF anyway! Playing an RPG to have fun with the character you like best? You might be on to something here...

Yea, basically did it for the aesthetics, and fun of it... Just rocking the way I want! lol

niadan said:

Orion is still rocking the dps charts. I too have been thinking of going Human on my mage.

That's more gear and such, but thanks! :)

(Please note that in the above gif, I am Channing Tatum and Niadin is Jonah Hill!)

va8Ru.gif
    We are all entitled to how we play AND fantasize lol.
    @j35t3r199

I'd use the Zhentarim Warlock once you have 10s, or higher, of Bonding Runestones... Maybe 9s? Until then the Ioun Stone is the way to go.

Hope that helps! :smiley:
    va8Ru.gif
    j35t3r199 said:

Yes it does thank you.

Ok cool, glad it was helpful!

va8Ru.gif
    Is Lostmauth set bonus not supposed to proc with Dreadtheft and TT? My screen is completely filled with orange 0's and I die a little inside everytime I see it :( . From what I hear, only HG and HS proc it?
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
    mrshabok said:

Is Lostmauth set bonus not supposed to proc with Dreadtheft and TT? My screen is completely filled with orange 0's and I die a little inside everytime I see it :( . From what I hear, only HG and HS proc it?

My understanding is that only "only HG and HS proc it", though I believe At-Wills like Essence Defiler do also. Mind you that's what I remember, as I don't have the Lostmauth Set anymore, and I'll readily state that switching has lowered my Soul Spark generation overall (at least that is my observations thus far, but needs hard testing) as the extra crit from the Lostmauth Set proc'd a Soul Spark also since it counted as a Crit. Thus the Lostmauth Set appears to have a synergistic relationship with the Soulbinder Class ability.
    va8Ru.gif