What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing the Dragonborn Race

Comments

• Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This game started off with more races than classes and continues to add more races than classes. I think they should switch that around.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a few questions regarding pack contents.

1) Heart of the Red Dragon artifact- What do rank 100 stats look like?
    2) Gemfinder Enchantment- Does this enchantment stack with or replace Fey Blessing enchants?
    3) Dragon Glyphs- Description says they dissipate. Is this a copy-paste error from normal glyphs or is this actually the case? Can new glyphs be claimed once these go "poof"?
    4) Bahamut Regalia- Are these items claimable by every character on an account? Does the Bahamut armor kit stack with existing kits?
    5) 30 slot bag- Is this claimable by every character on an account?

Finally, I have a couple comments. I'm pleased to see module 4 comes complete with a brand new pack, but a couple things are missing. Every other pack has an account wide pet and/or mount. TBH, account wide purple (blue for HR pack) pets are the main reason I've purchased every pack to date. I'm disappointed to see both missing from this $100 pack when they were included in $60 ones.
  • Options
    amenaramenar Member, NW_CrypticDev Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looks like people are asking about the stats and racial powers - Dragonborn get +2 to any 2 stats, you get to pick which 2 during character creation. You cannot pick the same stat twice. The racial powers as currently planned for launch (note we're still on preview, and while we don't have any changes planned for these right now, it's possible something could change) are:

Draconic Heritage
    You receive 5% more healing from all sources.

Draconic Fury
    You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Critical Strike by 3%.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    amenar wrote: »
    Looks like people are asking about the stats and racial powers - Dragonborn get +2 to any 2 stats, you get to pick which 2 during character creation. You cannot pick the same stat twice. The racial powers as currently planned for launch (note we're still on preview, and while we don't have any changes planned for these right now, it's possible something could change) are:

Draconic Heritage

Draconic Fury
    You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Critical Strike by 3%.

Thnx for reply to us .
    By the way Hobbyt is still OP . And superior to all other race and they are free.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Draconic Heritage

Draconic Fury

Thanks for the clarification -

Tiefling Warlock it is then XD

Also all the bonuses that apply to attacks on Dragons , do they affect Dragonborn or just full npc Dragons? so for example if I am wearing a Ring of the Dragonslayer do I get a damage bonus while fighting a Dragonborn in pvp?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You aren't paying for the race, per se, inasmuch as you're paying for the entirety of the pack.

while that may be true the entirety of the pack feels lackluster. I could for $15 less right nor or $40 less after mod 4 comes out buy the feywild pack and get a account wide epic mount, an account wide epic companion and 600k AD. Honestly more needs to be added to justify the price.
  • Options
    demonickk23demonickk23 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why can't you just buy the dragonborn race unlock? I don't get merging it with all that other stuff and then inflating the price to a huge amount. IMO you'd sell much more and probably make more money total if you offered something that just unlocks the race for like $20-25 or at least offer something like that as another option for unlocking the race
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would hope that, after Mod4 drops, you'll be able to buy the race unlock. Maybe this is an attempt to drum up interest? There are a lot of "me firsters" in the game and this would cater to them. I'm more of a "Me Cheap" kinda person. I purchase Zen for stuff I really need and can't get thru the AH (Clydesdale mount when it was on sale as an example).
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Or just make the pack worthwhile to pay 100 bucks. or lower it to 40. In its current state its not worth 100 even if every character on your account gets 1 30 slot bag.

Some will play it because they really want to be a dragon. Its a shame that this type of paywall goes up. Marketing needs to price accordingly and devs need to make the pack better. People want some value, not be nickle and dimed. Maybe offer the race unlock entirely seperate. How about a dragon mount. (I know I know but If it was my game that would of been in this pack.)

Thanks for the racial stat clarification, sells it as a $100 transmute.

FYI, I have no issue with spending the $100.. but make it worthwhile.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Draconic Heritage

Draconic Fury

Thanks for the info. Have to say im pretty disappointed. Halflings make better tanks than Dragonborn... Ive seen it all!

Wonder if 5% more healing includes regen...

Really sad about Draconic Fury.... Look at 4e

"Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls." REALLY wish this was something like "When your under 50% HP, increases your power and Critical strike by 3%"

Would be much better than a 5% chance on hit for a 6 sec buff.....
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Have to say im pretty disappointed.

Me too. Where's the breathweapon? haha. ;)

More seriously, I like your idea for changing Draconic Fury, but it'd definitely seem more beneficial in pvp that way.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zomd wrote: »

It looks like it could be that Dragonbreath was made into the Artifact that comes with the pack .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    snip
    4) Bahamut Regalia- Are these items claimable by every character on an account? Does the Bahamut armor kit stack with existing kits?
    5) 30 slot bag- Is this claimable by every character on an account?

Finally, I have a couple comments. I'm pleased to see module 4 comes complete with a brand new pack, but a couple things are missing. Every other pack has an account wide pet and/or mount. TBH, account wide purple (blue for HR pack) pets are the main reason I've purchased every pack to date. I'm disappointed to see both missing from this $100 pack when they were included in $60 ones.
    I agree - no account-wide mount or companion? WTH?
    1 purple ring, 1 artifact (at least this one is account-wide), 1 rank9 enchantment, 1 rank8 enchantment, temporary glyphs, a bunch of cosmetic stuff, blue gear outleveled by lvl15, and 1 30-slot bag... i don't see the value to justify $100, or even $60.

If EACH character on an account got the 30slot bag, the rank9 and rank8 enchantment, and the ring - then maybe we are approaching something comparable to a $60 pack
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It looks like it could be that Dragonbreath was made into the Artifact that comes with the pack .

Ahh, that makes sense.
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anyway, link for product page doest work. It says that there is no page at all...

Dang shame ((
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll be honest, I want to play a Dragonborn race (as does my daughter), but in order to do so I'd end up paying €140 to do so; yes there are some nice extras. Do these extras justify the cost? For me, not a chance. Maybe a Dragonborn starter pack which includes the race and the Regalia for €20...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    zomd wrote: »

More seriously, I like your idea for changing Draconic Fury, but it'd definitely seem more beneficial in pvp that way.

Another easy change COULD be 5% chance when RECEIVING damage to gain 3% power and crit.

Also Id like to know, the 3% power SEEMS to mean 3% of your existing power. Is 3% crit the same? Or is it pure 3% increased crit chance...

The former is REALLY bad (2k Crit = 60 more crit @ super high DR = almost nothing!) While the latter 3% increase base crit seems pretty good actually.

5% chance on TAKING damage would be much better IMO. Id STILL even prefer a +3 to base AC over any of these BTW... Dragons should have natural armor... +3 AC seems like its fitting and benefits all classes well. Dragons should be more tanky than a halfling BTW.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    This made me LOL at work. Thanks =P

Dear Cryptic/PWE

You could of hit a home run with this. Simply by adding a dragon mount and a dragon companion (like way bigger than the pseudo, and a different chromatic). But instead you gave us this rotten egg. Please revamp this pack.. I want to give you my wife's hard earned money.

The enchants are such a waste. And still dont know if the Bahamut gear is account wide. It wont sell the package but at least its something.

Dragon mount - Id buy instantly.... ALOT of ppl would.

Someone else earlier posted this, but if they cut the price to $50, theyd get more than double the sales id guarantee it! Do the math on that.... price cut by only 50% (from $75 to $50) but more than double sales? Even though the race is still MEH to me, id end up buying right now for $50.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dumb question here - since Dragonborn aren't mammals, will females have mammalian female characteristics, or just some sort of different coloration, etc?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Dumb question here - since Dragonborn aren't mammals, will females have mammalian female characteristics, or just some sort of different coloration, etc?
    If the online facebok game is any precursor, they will have feminine-like characteristics. In PnP though, yes they have "humanoid-like" female privates.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2014
    Way too expensive. 40,00 - 50,00 Euro would seem about right, but not 71,00 - that's way too much.

Now, *if* there was a new mount as well and *if* the 30-slot-bag was account-wide I might change my mind.

But the new race and other goodies - well they're nice - but not at that price.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I read this and then had an involuntary chuckle... "please don't tell me his choice to start a female dragonborn is dependent on displaying 'feminine' characteristics." To which the other half of my brain replied in a Southern redneck sort of tone " hehe, he wanna see dem dere dragon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, hehe"

Sorry, just thought I'd share.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    I agree - no account-wide mount or companion? WTH?
    1 purple ring, 1 artifact (at least this one is account-wide), 1 rank9 enchantment, 1 rank8 enchantment, temporary glyphs, a bunch of cosmetic stuff, blue gear outleveled by lvl15, and 1 30-slot bag... i don't see the value to justify $100, or even $60.
    If EACH character on an account got the 30slot bag, the rank9 and rank8 enchantment, and the ring - then maybe we are approaching something comparable to a $60 pack
    Just to note (not that it makes a huge difference): The purple ring *is* apparently account wide and the blue belt's "powers increase as you character advances" so it will apparently have some potential utility through your career unless you are very aggressive about upgrading belts. :)
    In the 4e tabletop books and miniature line, female dragonborn do indeed have narrower builds, wide hips, and the requirement for an appropriate bra. :) This has annoyed no small number of people on the forums who don't want obvious mammalian lady-parts on their reptiles. Whether that is going to followed in NW or not I have no idea.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To be Fixed

1: Appearance

Please for the love of all Dragons throw these Geckos away and make a proper Dragon Skin I BEG of you !!!

2: Cosmetics/Extras could do with a boost,

3: Racial Traits

Draconic Heritage

You receive 5% more healing from all sources. ????

why Healing? Surely the dragon can get a beter 5/10% better buff than this perhaps 10% more Regeneration / Dragons and Trolls have always been Good regeneration passives

Draconic Fury

This needs to stack 3 times to be of any benefit and for 8-10 seconds please
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    I read this and then had an involuntary chuckle... "please don't tell me his choice to start a female dragonborn is dependent on displaying 'feminine' characteristics." To which the other half of my brain replied in a Southern redneck sort of tone " hehe, he wanna see dem dere dragon <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, hehe"

Sorry, just thought I'd share.

Quite the contrary, actually. I would *not* want female dragonborn to have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> - it just doesn't make sense. In fact, aren't most female reptiles larger than the males? I'd expect the difference to be mostly coloration, spines/frills or lack thereof...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is this the only source of the artifact?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    111128.jpg

f-dragonborn-rogue.jpg

From the 4e PHB Deluxe:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=19171&stc=1
  • Options
    bear1stbear1st Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On top of lacking info to make any decision the only payment options are pay pal / skrill Which means no buying for me as don't have!!
    Charge card for my gaming I do have What's up with this???
This discussion has been closed.