test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devoted Cleric Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hi here, i suggest to change the empire set for a set in relation with buffing/debuffing, as we have only one set with that relation and almost others with healing...

Indeed. The bottom line is that at in high-end PvE content (CN,MC, VT etc), clerics are not needed/wanted for their healing powers - and that is mostly due to how brutally effective Life Steal is for the DPS classes - they can self-heal well enough.

No, what DCs are needed/wanted for is their ability to buff/debuff - and that is why most high-end DCs stick with the High Prophet set, as quite frankly, that is the only armor set that really helps us do our job in groups. But, HP is a humble T1 set - DCs do not have a single viable high-end PvE armor set.

Please, please, give us reasonable upgrade for the HP set - even just a set with the same set bonus as HP but higher stats would be better than this empire set.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Please, please, give us reasonable upgrade for the HP set - even just a set with the same set bonus as HP but higher stats would be better than this empire set.

They did. It's called the High Vizier set. Problem is they gave it to the wrong class.

On a serious note I agree. A bit tired of HP set but there are no good alternatives.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hi here, i suggest to change the empire set for a set in relation with buffing/debuffing, as we have only one set with that relation and almost others with healing...

+5 to this (+1 for each of my clerics).
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Adding to the bug list: (PvP)
    Grim virtuous weapon possess power + recovery instead of crit + recovery
    Grim virtuous armor is having lesser stat than any T1 gear.
    One piece of Prophet champion gear has regen stats instead of lifesteal.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Adding to the bug list: (PvP)
    Grim virtuous weapon possess power + recovery instead of crit + recovery
    Grim virtuous armor is having lesser stat than any T1 gear.
    One piece of Prophet champion gear has regen stats instead of lifesteal.

As I said recently, there will be stunned amazement if any of the positive suggestion changes are introduced to the DC for Module 4.
    To date: A tooltip revision (nothing), Change to Chains (nerf). Currently we are at minus 1
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Have you looked at the Empire set? ARMOUR PENETRATION FOR THE WIN.

minus 2
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    How about Blade Barrier for a cleric? Have it as TR Path of blades but immobile personal burst. that lasts .3, .6, 1 second.
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    How about Blade Barrier for a cleric? Have it as TR Path of blades but immobile personal burst. that lasts .3, .6, 1 second.

Hi, there are a lot of things that could be done with the DC - giving a battle cleric path for one!
    However, at the moment we are struggling to get any kind of improvement to the current class abilities, some of which desperately need a rework.
    We really need to get these sorted out, together with the bug fixing that has been listed above.

This would seem to be the most logical path, and hopefully the easiest for the development team to work on.
    But it's a struggle.......
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I'm a CW, and want DC's in Dungeons. I don't mind they Nerf my aoe Dmg, but someone is going to have to pick it up. Why not give DC's a powerful aoe that helps them and party members.
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    I'm a CW, and want DC's in Dungeons. I don't mind they Nerf my aoe Dmg, but someone is going to have to pick it up. Why not give DC's a powerful aoe that helps them and party members.

That's what I would like to have! Daunting light would do with bigger radius in normal mode, and maybe 8 mobs cap. Divine glow also should have radius increased. And of course dmg paragon path and feats overall improved....

But honestly, I've lost hope any improvement to clerics will ever happen. With every patch it feels more like devs are taking a sadistic pleasure of ****ing the class even more.
    edited July 2014
    We have 2 powerful AoE that you requested, thats why we still stand a little chance in pve and pvp, namely Hallowed Ground (daily) and Astral Shield. However, these 2 AoE Buff disappear when we die, and the AS draw great aggro in dungeons with burning guidance and bring problems to us.
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    We have 2 powerful AoE that you requested, thats why we still stand a little chance in pve and pvp, namely Hallowed Ground (daily) and Astral Shield. However, these 2 AoE Buff disappear when we die, and the AS draw great aggro in dungeons with burning guidance and bring problems to us.

I don't even remember last time I was using those. Honestly, a good dmg skill instead would improve cleric's survivability both in pvp and pve, well in dungeons maybe less (unless we are talking about endgame dungeons, where divine glow is so much more of use).
    edited July 2014
    Is there amny chance to get the DC feedback thread made "official" and sticky like the rest of the class feedback threads. Even though there are only minor changes to the DCs in Module 4, there are still issues that need discussing (and which hopefully can be changed in time) like the Empire armor set for DCs, which is a borderline disaster.
    edited July 2014
    Is there amny chance to get the DC feedback thread made "official" and sticky like the rest of the class feedback threads. Even though there are only minor changes to the DCs in Module 4, there are still issues that need discussing (and which hopefully can be changed in time) like the Empire armor set for DCs, which is a borderline disaster.

I do not know what that would change. It's not like devs didn't get feedback in the past or that it was in some obscure, vaguely titled, hard to find thread or something.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    I do not know what that would change. It's not like devs didn't get feedback in the past or that it was in some obscure, vaguely titled, hard to find thread or something.

Devs have been asked repeatedly most of these items on this list for two mods, what we get is another module of bugged out ls (who cares anymore) and a class that could use some rework on skill animation speed, feats and playability (you took all the AC advantage away in IWD, making AC specced DCs and Tank specced GFs utterly worthless, while everyone else can play the same and just avoid damage or kill quick enough it doesnt matter) Thanks for that cryptic!

Seriously, did they even think of that? Like a HR/TR/GWF/CW all just laugh and play the same in IWD, but GF and DC penalized for rolling paths you , cryptic gave them. Did you even , remotely think of that? Im doubting it.

Again, its not really a knock on the other classes, I play those too and thier fun, its the mind numbing slowness certain builds have now. Cant wait for another module for more of the same! Everyone else can go around playing, while a couple builds on two classes cant do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.. at least GF will have a boatload more hitpoints, but the AC/DC still stuck in the same holding pattern.
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They did say they are going to give some attention to the DC after Mod 4 came out, we are going to have to wait and see what happens, but I agree with you that the AC build for PVE is currently the worst setup that you can take at the moment.

Currently the only good path to choose with a DC is "DO" for PVE, but is useless for PVP. The same goes the other way round as well. AC is a good path for PVP, but useless for PVE. So there is no real balance at the moment, or you play AC Dc and suffer in PVE, or you play DO dc and suffer in PVP.

They need to bring in a balance somehow so that we can enjoy the benefits of both worlds, without it being a issue.
    edited July 2014
    Right now they could at least improve the situation slighly by revising the DC Empire set. Currently it is simply not worth getting. Here is why:

They way I see it....armor sets serve three different purposes:

PvP sets
    The Empire set has no Tenacity, so it is obviously not a PvP set.

PvE solo sets
    The ArPen might be nice for a solo DC, but the set bonus is completely pointless for a solo set.

PvE group sets
    The set bonus might make sense for a PvE group set, but the stats are just wrong - ArPen in particular. I mean, when a DC is in a group, he/she is not there for DPS, but either for healing or for buffing/debuffing. What you would like in the armor set world be set bonuses that would help with those roles, and stats like Recovery, Crit and Power - ArPen and Life Steal are pretty much useless for this purpose.

So, my conclusion is that the set misses the point completely - it is not a PvP set, not a good PvE solo set and not a good PvE group set. It is not a good set at all...and I really hope the set will not be required to unlock some area, like the Currupt/Purified Black Ice sets....it is very annoying to have to work so long for some inferior object.

I have said it before - what the DCs really need is a viable upgrade for the High Prophet set - a set that actually helps with buffing or debuffing. We have good PvP sets, we have good PvE Solo sets, we have good sets for PvE group purposes, specifically for healing, but the Empire set is just not good, not needed and not appreciated.
    edited July 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    They did say they are going to give some attention to the DC after Mod 4 came out, we going to have to wait and see what happens, but I agree with you that the AC build for PVE is currently the worst setup worst that you can take.

Well past believing this "nothing today but jam tomorrow" line that gets peddled in regard to the DC. Not playing the class at all now, and will only come back to the game when serious revisions happen to the class - and not yet another stealth nerf.

And that is pretty much it.
    edited July 2014

Temptation tree : Awesome the SW can keep up the 4 party members all time full hp . This is total viable in pve the party only need 1 GF or 1 GWF sentinel . Also the dmg he can dish out is almost the same as CW (17 k oppressor+full extra) .
    But i think this is an extinction of DC class (suggestion to make DC buffs& debuffs stronger )
    I dont have a luck to test healer path in pvp. :(

/10 characters
    edited July 2014
    << Will salvage all Unwanted shelved DCs except the latest one and dump my 10 mil+ into my new Temptation PvP Warlock.

Who cares whether Warlock is pvp viable or not?? Yes he has limited CC powers and limited CC escape mechanism, but DC don't have too, so i feel ok with warlock. SW is better in dps and healing in comparison to DC, with some exceptions apply to a few extremely dps/power healing BIS DC.

I am ok to be cc-ed to death in pvp, thats how my clerics works. Definitely a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> here, as a pvp cleric player since beta xD.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Folks, if your comments are more discussionary in measure than straight feedback,
    please use these discussion threads provided instead. Thanks!

We included each of these discussion threads as a link in the [ List ] sticky.
    edited July 2014
    Well, it seems that our complaint about the Empire set was heard, and responded to ... the idea is now to replace the ArPen with Recovery. This is a very good thing, and will actually make the set viable. It is not going to replace the High Prophet set for buffing purposes, but it might be a good upgrade for the Miracle Healer, depending on your play style - basically if you like being in the middle of the crowds so the DPSers are included in your aura.

Now, regarding the set bonus - extra healing of 20 may not seem like that much, but if it procs on every tick of Astral Shield, Astral Seal, Sunburst and whatever, it may be noticable....it will need to be tested.

At the very least, I feel a lot better about the set now than before.
    edited July 2014
    Well, it seems that our complaint about the Empire set was heard, and responded to

I need to immortalize this historical moment for the future generations.

And honestly, it's a really good news. Not because I would use this set, HP is still better, but at least we know somebody is listening. That restores a bit of my hope.
    edited July 2014
    I dislike the 4 set bonus. Other classes increase the effectiveness of their group by giving more AP gain, Life Steal, CA damage etc, while DC increases his healing no one wants anyway, people want cleric for buffs/debuffs. I'd like them to reconsider this.
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I dislike the 4 set bonus. Other classes increase the effectiveness of their group by giving more AP gain, Life Steal, CA damage etc, while DC increases his healing no one wants anyway, people want cleric for buffs/debuffs. I'd like them to reconsider this.

i completely agree with that
  • oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2014

They just need more time to figure out what to do with the DC. After 3 sets with lifesteal and arpen, this one brings the hope back, even if its 4 set bonus is kinda shocking.
    edited July 2014

Totally agree, but I think the bonus is because of so many clerics on forum complaining about low heals, especially pvp-ers. Don't get me wrong, that our heals are nothing special is kinda obvious, but improving it won't help the class. We need more dmg ( directly or even better in the form of buffs/debuffs), some cc and some form of cc-resistance.
    edited July 2014
    The problem with cleric's low healing still exists, but the root of the problem lies in a class called Scourge Warlock. While our healing still stays underwhelming, there's a class that heals for much more and you can't buff our healing to his level because it would be OP because of mechanics used for DC and SW healing. So I want the devs to focus on increasing effectiveness of our buffs and debuffs rather then healing.

P.S. Too much of a word healing, sorry, low vocabulary for a non-native English speaker to effectively use synonyms, lol.
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hey guys, does anyone have some numbers about the fact that SW heals and debuff/buff better than us? or can someone explain me so? coz to be honest i just had a quick look at it and i did not notice such a thing...
  • chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still nothing for DC..... no feat fix nothing.
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW