test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The simpliest solution is to give to the other offhand of mod 4 the same weapon damage of the legendary one
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    The simpliest solution is to give to the other offhand of mod 4 the same weapon damage of the legendary one

So you would be OK to grind twice (Actually, if the Offhand that is Legendary equivalent drops, it will be 10 - 50 times as hard to get) as much as a GWF/CW/SW/DC/GF, only having a 'Brother in being given the Finger by some people that didn't do the job they get paid for right' in the TR, to not have 50% of one Feat Path, and 100% of another one, underperforming disproportionately?
    The 'just 38 Min and Max Damage' that some people claim to have found on 'perfect' Artifact Bows DO get multiplied by Power, so 38 turns to 40 to 54.
    And between Mod2 Power and Mod3 Power Formulas, Combat lost over 100 Min/Max Damage, Ranged got away with about 50 MinDamage lost, and Maxdamage actually rose very slightly.
    Using T2.5 Weapon Damages (Formorian, Fallen Dragon) as the Base Values.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Looks like they're going to make the mainhand affect melee damage in this one instance for HR. So that's good.

So, now that that's taken care of, can we get constricting arrow back now that Wilds Medicine is nerfed to help with survivability/give us some kind of CC?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looks like they're going to make the mainhand affect melee damage in this one instance for HR. So that's good.

So, now that that's taken care of, can we get constricting arrow back now that Wilds Medicine is nerfed to help with survivability/give us some kind of CC?

+1.. CA needs to be restored to how it was.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Id redirect you to GWF thread- look at the link I posted earlier. You can always use devtracker thread for Dev posts.

Thanks, just wanted to know whether it counted for pvp and it appears as if it does as GC said it was QoL improvements for pvp. So how about some QoL improvements for the HR in pvp too pls?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So change hindering shot for something useful - this feet is being useless for Archers and Combats - no real effect as archer part, no good damage or any useful effect as combat part. For Trappers - Constructive works better

You're out of your mind. I use Hindering Shot on live and on my PTS Trapper build. It's got multiple shots on the ranged side and the melee side procs AE Strong Grasping Roots. On live, the extra shots give me more chances to capitalize on Master of Archery and the melee roots make it easy to hold a group of mobs in place (usually after dropping a Fox Shift on them) so I can retreat and return to ranged fire. On PTS, for a Trapper that's a nice long root and a big DoT.
    Ambush and Bear trap - are useless now. No idea what to do with them or why to use them. Even with more damage booster for trap - it is trash. No idea why we have feet for then in combat path also. Nobody will take this encounter and nobody will take a feet for it.

I do both, again on live and PTS. Ambush means bonus damage, or escape without flying across the map into something else, and a better opportunity to initiate combat on my terms. Bear Trap has its uses, especially with Advanced Stalking, and on PTS despite the fact that you can throw it a good distance Bear Trap counts a melee power, triggering Deft Strikes and Biting Snares without actually having to get up close and personal.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dheffernan wrote: »
    You're out of your mind. I use Hindering Shot on live and on my PTS Trapper build. It's got multiple shots on the ranged side and the melee side procs AE Strong Grasping Roots. On live, the extra shots give me more chances to capitalize on Master of Archery and the melee roots make it easy to hold a group of mobs in place (usually after dropping a Fox Shift on them) so I can retreat and return to ranged fire. On PTS, for a Trapper that's a nice long root and a big DoT.

I do both, again on live and PTS. Ambush means bonus damage, or escape without flying across the map into something else, and a better opportunity to initiate combat on my terms. Bear Trap has its uses, especially with Advanced Stalking, and on PTS despite the fact that you can throw it a good distance Bear Trap counts a melee power, triggering Deft Strikes and Biting Snares without actually having to get up close and personal.

Hey take it easy. I m just suggesting.
    Im not using it, not I have seen any HR using it. And as i mentioned before - I speak from melee HR not trapper or Archer on live.
    You made some good point into it.

Change I forgot to mention but was in thread before -
    Aspect of Falcon should increase range more. So that archers could be bigger range then CW and not smaller as it is now. This actually goes by D&D 4 rules - certification of Neverwinter you see at game start - Ranges have most range then any class by D&D rules.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What I can tell you is in a domination match on preview it was a bloody mess.

CW holds, gf's prone.. dont get 1 attack in and just watch your HP drain away. GF's way too OP in pvp now and nothing to slow them down. The one CC we did have is now worhtless. Boars is ok but hard to land in domination against a cw holding you. No mitigation and no amount of deflect wills save you.

Also you will be seeing alot of CW's with I believe its an orb of assimilation (something like that) and they will freeze you for what seems like 15 minutes.

GG, We had our fun, not much to bring to the table anymore. In a pure 1v1 match, we dont do so bad but there is nothing like that in game.. so in domination and open world I would prepare to get your *** handed to you often.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dheffernan wrote: »

Hindering Shot/Strike is a no-brainer for a Trapper on preview. You take that, the new Constrictive and a third power that suits you build (I use Rain of Arrows now that I can finally root stuff for a reasonable amount of time). Anyway Trapper needs some more love when fighting CC-immune targets.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited July 2014
    As far as I know Disruptive Shot interrupt effect ignores CC-immunity as other interrupt effects do. The stun part of the power does not ignore CC immunity so everything should be as intended.
    edited July 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    Bug: Disruptive Shot breaks Duelist Flurry's 3 hit, making the at will useless if hit.
    Feedback: As others have stated, there needs to be something done to electric shot to make it stand out from split shot and useful. Currently there is no reason to use it.

It´s not a bug. It should do that as it is an interrupt not a CC (that´s my understanding). Fully agree on Electric Shot.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    interrupt for me is a CC, or if not it should be
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    As far as I know Disruptive Shot interrupt effect ignores CC-immunity as other interrupt effects do. The stun part of the power does not ignore CC immunity so everything should be as intended.

Disruptive shot doesn't stun at all (although it would be helpful if it did without constricting arrow).

The daze is super short, so basically the only thing it's useful for is hitting someone with disruptive shot before hitting them with constricting arrow, to ensure they don't dodge before applying constricting arrow.

In Mod 4 I might not even use it and save the AP for other dailies.
    Is it WAI that the mark from Aimed Strike doesn't disappear for you and all your allies if your target goes stealth?

Why wouldn't a DOT still apply if the target goes into stealth? All other DOTs still apply on TRs, why wouldn't this one?
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh,...
    Why wouldn't a DOT still apply if the target goes into stealth? All other DOTs still apply on TRs, why wouldn't this one?

I was only talking about the visual effect not the dot itself. I edited my post to avoid confusions.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    Feedback

Is it WAI that Disruptive Shot ignores CC-Immunity like ITC or Unstoppable?

Is it WAI that the visual effect from Aimed Strike doesn't disappear for you and all your allies if your target goes stealth?

They said Disruptive shot wasn't a CC it was a Disrupt and aimed shot does disappear once target enters stealth.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This would completely destroy the combat tree in both PvE and PvP. Try again.

No it wouldn't. I already refeated combat tree without wild medicine and it still out-preforms basically everyone I've fought on the preview. The trapper tree is the least used tree and giving it wild medicine will make it more appealing to use.
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. I already refeated combat tree without wild medicine and it still out-preforms basically everyone I've fought on the preview. The trapper tree is the least used tree and giving it wild medicine will make it more appealing to use.

I honestly don't know who you're fighting that you're beating in combat without wilds medicine.

I agree trapper needs to be more attractive, but I don't think that's the way to do it.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like making it have a 1 second internal cooldown will make a difference.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like making it have a 1 second internal cooldown will make a difference.

An ICD of 1s is a HUGE nerf. See emblem. Before it was too strong, yes, but after giving it an ICD, it became trash. It really did! No serious pvp uses it anymore. And in pve it was always trash anyway.

Point is, ICDs are the bane of any item and class mechanic because in pvp there can happen alot of stuff in one second.
    I have calculated in the HR forum and proven it that the fix and additional nerf of the HR 4set bonus was a nerf of more than 80% of the original healing effect.
    I completly agree that things have to be fixed and toned down from time to time, but these constant nerf hammers are just to much. Building a pvp toon now is like gambling, who knows what becomes garbarge next…
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    The issue is that in Mod4, HRs get a Deflection chance that before, only Pathfinders could get, and they had to rely on 'Dailyspam'.
    Kinda like Stormstep Action, but that was nerfed into oblivion, both with an 'ICD' that halves the effect you could gain, and a nerf to the actual effect it has ON TOP.
    In Mod4, Pathfinders will even more joyride along on Pathfinder's Action, which is technically the PF counterpart to Stormwardens' Stormstep Action (Mechanics wise, that is). Plus new Lonewolf. And if the enemy makes the mistake of ganging up on the HR in melee - have fun, 10% more Deflect. Part of the issue right now on Live is the Pathfinder HR, not the HR in general.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Ayroux the troll hits again ....

60% deflect wont happend and to even come near 50% you have to sacrifice tons of other stats like hp power and crit.

60% is a little over the top, but you can still easily get near that.

My HR has only around 800 points into deflect, but was still able to hit around 50% deflect chance when fighting 3 enemies(partly due to being a halfling). If I were to stack it up to at least 2000 deflect, I'd probably have closer to 50% while fighting just 1 enemy.

Ayroux does seem to be knee-jerk reacting to a lot of stuff without sufficient testing, though.
    edited August 2014
    60% is a little over the top, but you can still easily get near that.

My HR has only around 800 points into deflect, but was still able to hit around 50% deflect chance when fighting 3 enemies(partly due to being a halfling). If I were to stack it up to at least 2000 deflect, I'd probably have closer to 50% while fighting just 1 enemy.

Ayroux does seem to be knee-jerk reacting to a lot of stuff without sufficient testing, though.

Well, now, lets calculate. Choices based on 'Meta'.
    Lets say, 27 Dex with Campfire, that's 8.5% when rolling 20 Dex at charcreation.
    3% Halfling
    3% Lucky Skirmisher
    15% from 'new' Lonewolf
    2k Deflect, makes 15.37%
    44.87% already.

Then, lets say you are 1 vs 5 (aka the whole team ganging up on that <insert profanity here> HR, as they would most likely say), that means NewLonewolf gives another 10%, and you manage your AP gaining and dumping (via Disruptive Shot) well, as Pathfinder (Pathfinder's Action, 18% Movementspeed and 15% Deflection at Rank 3, I believe), makes it another (temporary) 25%.
    69.87%. Now, lets say Mr Trapper drops 10 Points in Combat, for Fluid Hunter (which is pathetic, imo), another 2.5%

Final Value: 72.37%

Should we increase our Deflect Rating to 3k now, this goes up to 76.67. Personally, I think at this point, those 1k more points dumped into Deflect aren't really needed anymore, so 2k should be fine.
    NewLonewolf doesn't have the 25% DR anymore (but those would be gone in the HR-vs-ragefaced-enemy-team scenario anyway), Profound Selfheal nerfed, Forest Meditation only giving 75% Deflection while active, Medicine on ICD too, so you won't have it instantly up.
    However, this might be a big risk for that Scenario that the attackers beat themselves to death on MASSIVE waves of Feythistle Procs.

Edit:
    I did the math for a 'Low Dexterity' Sentinel GWF once, only getting Deflect RATING from his Profound Sentinel Set (but the Destroyer Set isn't that far off either, if I remember right) and the Deflect DR Boon, using Bravery and Sentinelpath-Feated Weapon Master. Over 50% Deflect is still possible for them, plus higher DR.
  • dzonisa1dzonisa1 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Well, now, lets calculate. Choices based on 'Meta'.
    Lets say, 27 Dex with Campfire, that's 8.5% when rolling 20 Dex at charcreation.
    3% Halfling
    3% Lucky Skirmisher
    15% from 'new' Lonewolf
    2k Deflect, makes 15.37%
    44.87% already.

Then, lets say you are 1 vs 5 (aka the whole team ganging up on that <insert profanity here> HR, as they would most likely say), that means NewLonewolf gives another 10%, and you manage your AP gaining and dumping (via Disruptive Shot) well, as Pathfinder (Pathfinder's Action, 18% Movementspeed and 15% Deflection at Rank 3, I believe), makes it another (temporary) 25%.
    69.87%. Now, lets say Mr Trapper drops 10 Points in Combat, for Fluid Hunter (which is pathetic, imo), another 2.5%

Final Value: 72.37%

Should we increase our Deflect Rating to 3k now, this goes up to 76.67. Personally, I think at this point, those 1k more points dumped into Deflect aren't really needed anymore, so 2k should be fine.
    NewLonewolf doesn't have the 25% DR anymore (but those would be gone in the HR-vs-ragefaced-enemy-team scenario anyway), Profound Selfheal nerfed, Forest Meditation only giving 75% Deflection while active, Medicine on ICD too, so you won't have it instantly up.
    However, this might be a big risk for that Scenario that the attackers beat themselves to death on MASSIVE waves of Feythistle Procs.

Edit:
    I did the math for a 'Low Dexterity' Sentinel GWF once, only getting Deflect RATING from his Profound Sentinel Set (but the Destroyer Set isn't that far off either, if I remember right) and the Deflect DR Boon, using Bravery and Sentinelpath-Feated Weapon Master. Over 50% Deflect is still possible for them, plus higher DR.

I see a lot of "if" "Temp" and best case scenario for Superman if cryptonite didnt exist. 1vs5 scenario ? I though domination is 5vs5 last time I`ve checked, but gues they changed that too in M4
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mircalla, no!
    You are not right in many things you said.

First: pathfinders action had nothing to do with the "tankyness" of mod3 HR. You can just leave the class feature slot empty and your still tanky as hell. I dont even use this passive as much as others (AotS). There are many reasons why HRs were so strong, but its not pathfinders action.

Second: what low gear pugs are you fighting, guys? When you face three decent enemies your dead, even as a HR. If not, your opponents were just bad and inexpirenced players. That the bonus scales with against how much enemies you fight is irrelevant due this fact.
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »

Putting WM into the trapper tree will make it a much more viable feat tree for all around use, since right now it's only good for a few utilities it offers, which aren't much

HRs also can heal themselves more then a DC can heal them, which seems pretty off to me, not to mention the damage in the combat tree, an HR shouldn't get the best of both worlds, very high self healing and high melee damage. If WM was in the trapper tree then a lot more HRs would use it

+1

As a CW with 36% DR from DEF, 25% unmitigatable DR from shield, 20% unmitigatable DR from tenacity, 10% incoming healing bonus, self-healing bonuses from purified ice gear and weapon sets, and a perfect barkshield enchantment -- a melee HR can kill me in 6 seconds using only at-wills.

However, since HRs can have 60% deflect chance, insane self healing from wilds medicine, healing from their PvP set bonus, and healing from forest meditation -- I cannot touch them. I would suggest implementing a deflect chance hard cap of 40%, equal to half of the hard cap for DR.
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As a CW with 36% DR from DEF, 25% unmitigatable DR from shield, 20% unmitigatable DR from tenacity, 10% incoming healing bonus, self-healing bonuses from purified ice gear and weapon sets, and a perfect barkshield enchantment -- a melee HR can kill me in 6 seconds using only at-wills.However, since HRs can have 60% deflect chance, insane self healing from wilds medicine, healing from their PvP set bonus, and healing from forest meditation -- I cannot touch them. I would suggest implementing a deflect chance hard cap of 40%, equal to half of the hard cap for DR.

If you let a hr kill you in 6 sec I suggest you stick to pve becauce you are less then bad in pvp.
    In preveiw cw lock down and kill hrs with no healing dep as it dont function in icewind that means hrs healing will be cut in HALF in domination.

If you try to reach 60 % resist you will gimp yourself seriously in hp and dam as you will go for max dex and use wrong enchantments.
    Furthermore some of it will be temporary based on a classfeat thst procs a couple of secs when you use a DAILY, WHISH means you further gimp your dam by not using serpent.

All your exampels of hrs 60%+ deflect is so far up the ally it hurts reading about it .

Now lets continue with this moronic line of hr getting more defl if ganged up by 4-5 so you get another 8-10% deflect WAAAOOOOW DAMS
    show me that hr who can survive being focused by 4-5 and live for more then a few sec WITH NO CC ESCAPE!!!!!

If you been on preview (WHERE HEALING DEP DO NOT WORK -GET IT NOW OR?) and tried even to fight 1 vs 2 as hr you would know what no cc no anti cc means in a combat and that was before they capped wild medicine with 1sec/stack.

If you still think hrs are so bad *** in pvp feel free to prove your theory about high defl super healing I be back next week and I will gladly show you how much use you have from it when focused in pvp. Facing 2 with hr non using potions as custom in trying pvp on preview i give anybody that survive 30 sec 1 mil on live.

End this bull**** about hrbeing op in pvp whith current changes on live because frankly your both getting extreamly tiresome and proving your lack of any whatsoever knowledge about class mechanics in pvp.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jayrad8 wrote: »
    +1

As a CW with 36% DR from DEF, 25% unmitigatable DR from shield, 20% unmitigatable DR from tenacity, 10% incoming healing bonus, self-healing bonuses from purified ice gear and weapon sets, and a perfect barkshield enchantment -- a melee HR can kill me in 6 seconds using only at-wills.

I don't normally dis but this post makes it very hard not to. If you, as a CW, are letting a HR kill you within SIX seconds using only at-wills then you should not be playing pvp. No class should be dying to a HR who is using purely at-wills unless you're allowing them to freely cast Aimed Shot, in which case you deserve to die for letting them get it off.

It seems to me that the devs are listening to all the wrong people when it comes to feedback and not the ones who know what they are talking about and play HR as their main class.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Posting in this because I don't wanna derail the official feedback. Is careful attacks + plague fire still as powerful? I'm talking about where each one procs the other for an extended period of time
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Posting in this because I don't wanna derail the official feedback. Is careful attacks + plague fire still as powerful? I'm talking about where each one procs the other for an extended period of time

If by that you mean does plaguefire still proc a couple ticks of careful attack then yes.

It never enters a cycle of proccing eachother because once plaguefire reaches 3 stacks, it drops off. Then there's nothing to proc careful attack and continue the cycle.
    I don't normally dis but this post makes it very hard not to. If you, as a CW, are letting a HR kill you within SIX seconds using only at-wills then you should not be playing pvp. No class should be dying to a HR who is using purely at-wills unless you're allowing them to freely cast Aimed Shot, in which case you deserve to die for letting them get it off.

It seems to me that the devs are listening to all the wrong people when it comes to feedback and not the ones who know what they are talking about and play HR as their main class.

People either don't know wtf they're talking about or they're just exaggerating. I wish my HR was running around with 16 dodges, stacking 5 thorn wards, etc.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wish my HR was running around with 16 dodges

Well, I trolled a CW once using Slashers Mark + Careful Attack on him and just shift spammed around. I filled 50% of AP gauge via shifting and Careful Attack hits during that time :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz