What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    bro, purified set have ten/ those rings have 650 ten , belt , neck .. the heck defense is enough ... and i was sayn for a sentinel build based on the future update...
    man 7,5 % out of 42000-45000 is around 3k hp this is in pvp.
    and yes, 5off slots and 4 defense slots...

I don't understand your math.
    What's the base % regen out of your 3k regen?
    hp regain is capped at 50% healt lost. You don't get more health back with having less than 50%. I see it every time im in open PvP. If they don't remove/changed this hardcap on 'basing on health lost', 1/4 in PvP is the norm of your max HP(1/2 max HP capped*0,5 HD).
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The new sprint feature is evidence of how much the devs dont want to balance the game. So 2 unstoppable warrior?30% damage resist? so destroyer class are still going to be really tanky and do high dmg? i dont understand this. This sprint feature should not exist. They have unstoppable they do not need another one.
  • Options
    mantatermantater Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    I would just like to say how exciting it is to spend months tweaking a build and your char. Working on enchants and leveling up epic pets(that you can't transfer). Playing and enjoying the game (PVE). Then have to start all over again because of roar and some crybaby pvp posts.

I can't wait to re-learn and change everything about what I know and enjoy. I hope unstoppable actually reduces your damage then we can really balance out this game.
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    The new sprint feature is evidence of how much the devs dont want to balance the game. So 2 unstoppable warrior?30% damage resist? so destroyer class are still going to be really tanky and do high dmg? i dont understand this. This sprint feature should not exist. They have unstoppable they do not need another one.

To be fair lets compare to TR: TR has ITC (damage and CC immunity) and two dodges. Each dodge is CC immune like all other classes with dodges.

And lets not forget that CWs and HRs are getting more CC capabilities. They just stated CWs are getting a near 3 second prone from Shard. Add that with more stacks from Ray of Frost and upgraded Repel.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mantater wrote: »
    I would just like to say how exciting it is to spend months tweaking a build and your char. Working on enchants and leveling up epic pets(that you can't transfer). Playing and enjoying the game (PVE). Then have to start all over again because of roar and some crybaby pvp posts.

I can't wait to re-learn and change everything about what I know and enjoy. I hope unstoppable actually reduces your damage then we can really balance out this game.

This is exactly why I suggest LESS rocking the boat with the class, its been one of the MOST changed classes since beta.

They constantly go from too good to too bad on different specs.

The easy solution to make everyone happy is:

1) Nerf Unstoppable to 15-30%
    2) Keep takedown damage AND prone
    3) Keep frontline Surge prone
    4) NERF destroyer stacks to 1% @ 30 stacks.
    5) REMOVE 10% encounter damage bonus while unstoppable.
    6) FIX roar stun
    7) FIX unstoppable Recovery feat to respect healing depression.
    8) KEEP sprint how it is on LIVE.

NOW GWFs should be fairly inline.

Roar + unstop recovery was BIG in PVP. those are gone PLUS unstoppable nerfed BY 40%! (when going from 25-50 down to 15-30) What else do you want? Destroyers are squishier but deal more damage, Sentinels are still more tanky...
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be fair lets compare to TR: TR has ITC (damage and CC immunity) and two dodges. Each dodge is CC immune like all other classes with dodges.

And lets not forget that CWs and HRs are getting more CC capabilities. They just stated CWs are getting a near 3 second prone from Shard. Add that with more stacks from Ray of Frost and upgraded Repel.

This is what i realy dont understand CW have prone GF have prone HR have prone why cant a GWF at least have 1 prone
    ?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    AT this point it seems to me , you are making vanguard usless to play, by removing any and everything that had any effectivness for the GWF pvp build. Why not just remove the two paragon paths from each class and start again? No one is going to use it, so why bother.

As someone who plays both classes I can likely explain. You have to understand that a power's damage is directly related to the base weapon damage of the weapon used when when the power is activated. When Vanguard was ported over to the GWF they did not adjust it's damage ratio and GWF weapons have 150% the base weapon damage of GF weapons. Additionally you have to understand that an at-will closer is necissary to play a class with no sprint or dodge. When applied to a class with sprint it gets a little out of hand. Basically the devs did not really think things through when they made the path switch and now much later they are trying to correct that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mantater wrote: »

MY big pain is this too .
    I spend on my Sare around 120kk AD +brutal number zen .
    Now i cant transfer my epic companions my unlocked bags mounts BI gear .
    Also my p.vorpal dont work well on (was my first main char nerfed to oblivion)GF also BI enchant dont get bonus power from Conq tree.
    If in this current form hit live i am 100% sure i wont play agan GWF.
    My last try is to master my DC at least they dont get NERFED or Buffed every modul.
    "hint 16k GS DC can solo E.Karru":).
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2014
    It just blows me away the amount of people that are agreeing with the unstoppable NERF. And their purpose to agree is how OP we are in dungeons? (when really I know its the PvP whiners)....

People say that we are able to run in and wipe the entire dungeons, and survive on autopilot? REALLY???

How about actually roll one, and play it... Here is a news flash, if a PURE DPS destroyer GWF can plow through the instance un harmed as it is now.... He don't need to be in that instance. Get out of the guild made groups, or the Legit channel, with ubber ego filled high GSed GWFs that enjoy running nubs through lowend content for lurals, and join a group with a GWF DESTROYER that is in the t1/t2 content because HE NEEDS TO BE TO ADVANCE HIS GEAR, and see how well they do, and how fast you are clicking leave party...

I'm 14.4 GS destroyer, and I still have to work at surviving now in content to my actual GS..even in IWD, if im caught with my boxers down in a MINOR HE, i walk away from the nearest campfire with a sore butt..
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    4) NERF destroyer stacks to 1% @ 30 stacks.
    5) REMOVE 10% encounter damage bonus while unstoppable.

Makes Destroyer capstone pretty lackluster and absolutely kills a lot of the skill involved in timing encounters to get the most out of them.

Maybe PvP doesn't play that way because you have to time your stuff so you can land it, period. In PvE as a Destroyer, you hold your encounters, especially IBS, so you can hit them while in Unstoppable whenever possible (mobs debuffed with WMS).

People say GWF is a skill-less class, but I'd say that making that big of a change to Destroyer's Purpose would make it really true. There would be little reason to hit anything at any specific time other than came-off-cooldown.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Makes Destroyer capstone pretty lackluster and absolutely kills a lot of the skill involved in timing encounters to get the most out of them.

Maybe PvP doesn't play that way because you have to time your stuff so you can land it, period. In PvE as a Destroyer, you hold your encounters, especially IBS, so you can hit them while in Unstoppable whenever possible (mobs debuffed with WMS).

People say GWF is a skill-less class, but I'd say that making that big of a change to Destroyer's Purpose would make it really true. There would be little reason to hit anything at any specific time other than came-off-cooldown.

Well the issue is the damage bonuses are too much... 50% potential damage off a capstone? Thats pretty OP, if you want skill, then nerf it to 1% @ 20 stacks and keep 10% unstoppable damage.

Not much different from other classes BTW, you wanna make sure debuffs are up, but would you rather have balance or "skill on timing" Because this is PART of the problem in why people think they need to nerf skills like takedown its because you get such massive bonuses, and in unstoppable use takedown and can crit for 12k+ damage. Its not the SKILL its the damage boosts....

I mean name another capstone that is as good as this? Conqueror on GFs doesnt give 50% damage boost, and sure as heck not 100% uptime.

TRs gain more critical severity on attacks after a crit, thats not a 50% dmg boost...

Name one thats this good? Yet you say a 30% damage boost is lackluster? - even after nerf its probably the BEST capstone on any class
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Well the issue is the damage bonuses are too much... 50% potential damage off a capstone? Thats pretty OP, if you want skill, then nerf it to 1% @ 20 stacks and keep 10% unstoppable damage.

Not much different from other classes BTW, you wanna make sure debuffs are up, but would you rather have balance or "skill on timing" Because this is PART of the problem in why people think they need to nerf skills like takedown its because you get such massive bonuses, and in unstoppable use takedown and can crit for 12k+ damage. Its not the SKILL its the damage boosts....

I mean name another capstone that is as good as this? Conqueror on GFs doesnt give 50% damage boost, and sure as heck not 100% uptime.

TRs gain more critical severity on attacks after a crit, thats not a 50% dmg boost...

Name one thats this good? Yet you say a 30% damage boost is lackluster? - even after nerf its probably the BEST capstone on any class

this is what i said too ... and the best solution .. why should they change the mechanics of the gwf , sprint , unstopable , at this extent? ... outragous.. there are simple and efficient solutions...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    this is what i said too ... and the best solution .. why should they change the mechanics of the gwf , sprint , unstopable , at this extent? ... outragous.. there are simple and efficient solutions...

Yup.

Complaint: GWFs deal too much damage.

Cryptic Solution: NERF UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

New Complaint: GWFs arent tanky enough

Cryptic Solution: BUFF SPRINT!!!

Heres an idea.... go back to complaint 1, and just adjust the damage?

EDIT: I feel like I have to specify here. This DOESNT mean nerf encounters. This means nerf FEATS!
  • Options
    ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok I just have to say this...GWF's are op in mod 3 in mod 4 they are not op. NO more facetanking bosses, no more ridiculous regen, no more ridiculous damage, you actually have to think now rather than facerape your keyboard and press tab when you lose too much health. Im actuall really happy that I wont see LF GWF/CW spammed in lfg channel all the time anmore. I actually think cw and gwf have been changed so much because of this.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    edited June 2014

GWF have stoppable. CW wizards cc are their def their dodge sucks. HRs are ****ing overpowered. GWF have always had unstoppable and cw have had their cc. And do not forget gwf have the highest burst damage right now. GWF need to be sentinal to be tanky they cant just have both tankiness, cc immunity and hitting me for 20k with ibs. bull****. They nerf unstoppable and then give them a second unstoppable? this **** isnt fair. If anything give gwf a ****ing dodge ability not this ****.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup.

Complaint: GWFs deal too much damage.

Cryptic Solution: NERF UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

New Complaint: GWFs arent tanky enough

Cryptic Solution: BUFF SPRINT!!!

Heres an idea.... go back to complaint 1, and just adjust the damage?

EDIT: I feel like I have to specify here. This DOESNT mean nerf encounters. This means nerf FEATS!

Looking from a PvE perspective (PvP to me is a sort of funny side-game) I fully agree with Cryptic. Unstoppable and Arcane Singularity plus CW damage are the main reason why GWF + CW make other classes obsolete in dungeon runs.
    I often run Castle Never with my guild and usually it's 2CW + 2 GWF plus anybody else who wants to watch the show (I'm an archer HR). They aggro full rooms and nuke everything in one place. It's efficient, but terribly boring, like watching a giant meatgrinder.
    Nerfing GWF damage will probably mean they'll have to drink a few pots more due to less lifesteal healing, but will not change this situation.
    The change to sprint makes GWF similar to HR when it comes to avoiding effects (5 shifts vs. more or less 6 short sprints) while still leaving some damage reduction and THP generation to GWFs.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    btw i all of these changes can be good for pve but it is in pvp that you will see the balance of this game. GWF have survived and dominated in pvp. This sprint feature has 30% damage reduction and cc immunity? i dont think you understand how strong and overpowered gwf are now. This will make pvp even more unbearable than it is now. Look at the 3 class on the leader board. Nuff said.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    btw i all of these changes can be good for pve but it is in pvp that you will see the balance of this game. GWF have survived and dominated in pvp. This sprint feature has 30% damage reduction and cc immunity? i dont think you understand how strong and overpowered gwf are now. This will make pvp even more unbearable than it is now. Look at the 3 class on the leader board. Nuff said.

This is exactly my point, you cant balance a survivability class core mechanic around PVE tankiness. PVP is where you will see what is balanced or not. If you nerf Unstoppable THIS much, itll make GWFs worthless in PVP.

This is why you THEN have to add onto sprint. But CC immunity AND 30% DR is kinda ridiculous...

Why cant you just put unstoppable back around 15-30% and call it a day, leave sprint how it is, and give GWFs back some prones.

GWFs wont be able to face tank, and if they do its because your bringing a dang 17k GS GWF who outgears T2 into a T2 dungeon...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This is exactly my point, you cant balance a survivability class core mechanic around PVE tankiness. PVP is where you will see what is balanced or not. If you nerf Unstoppable THIS much, itll make GWFs worthless in PVP.

This is why you THEN have to add onto sprint. But CC immunity AND 30% DR is kinda ridiculous...

Why cant you just put unstoppable back around 15-30% and call it a day, leave sprint how it is, and give GWFs back some prones.

GWFs wont be able to face tank, and if they do its because your bringing a dang 17k GS GWF who outgears T2 into a T2 dungeon...

exactly. If a gwf wants to tank he should be sentinal and then destroyes gwf should be squishy just like conqueror gf. This is ridiculous
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know what would be awesome? If people who never played the class stopped posting here and took their (future) QQ somewhere else.

Sprint right now is USELESS as a means of avoiding attacks thanks to lag, you run out of the red zone and still get hit and knocked down/dazed/whatever. And this happens all the time.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You know what would be awesome? If people who never played the class stopped posting here and took their (future) QQ somewhere else.

Sprint right now is USELESS as a means of avoiding attacks thanks to lag, you run out of the red zone and still get hit and knocked down/dazed/whatever. And this happens all the time.
    What would be even more awesomefull would be if people who only played one of the fighter classes and did not understand the interactions/ imballances caused by the path swap kept their opinions to themselves.
  • Options
    fr3akout3fr3akout3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2014
    I see why the devs added the spring ability. Smart move for a destro tree swordmaster that knows how to play the class well.

However Sentinel with this will still be really good in PVP.

Good move with giving more damage to WMS + Flourish ++

Now, last one would be to add a bit more survival with unstoppable to the DESTRO Tree and you have done very well.

Other people GF's etc that post in this thread and complain... please do it somewhere else.

Yes I play other classes, all of them.

kind regards
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Destroyer take down .

2dqpxf7.png

Sentinel /Instigator take down.

wrgba9.png
    With nerfed Shard.
    The dmg is a joke 6000 after i removed the p.vorpal 4500-5000 now i removed my high enchants and ioul stone and put only rank 6 enchants
    with 4000 power 3000-3400 dmg this is a joke 12k GS player do 3000 dmg with single target power?
    Now the lets see what will do it with FLS : 12k gs 3192 the top dmg reduced by 33% 2140 base top dmg The top Crit will be 4100 this is a joke. PLS reconsider the nerf

To prove GF can deal more DPS:from a 14.7 k GF the 10k power is not a big deal cuz i have only rank 6 enchants not rank 9 or 10 .
    2mchter.png
    My bigges crit is as 14.7k GF 11 k vs 19 kgs sentinel 12 k crit in not much difference.

Also many ppl say this :"prone/roar and auto land your big hit" i have CW DC HR TR and GF all have atuto target skills GWF have only 1 paragon skill and 1 at will skill Flourish and T.Rush so ppl need only walk away from GWF skills ofc mobs in NW are stupid they stay and say come hit me but in pvp and owpvp "forced to do it cuz BI gear consume much BI and the only way to get BI deacent number is to enter owpvp" GWF have 0 chance to land 1 skill .

Now lets see other classes to keep the balance :
    CW have 1 prone skill .
    ojj80w.png
    +NEW upgrade :
    Control Wizard: Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power now prones NPCs for 3.5 seconds (up from 1) and prones players for 2.25 seconds (up from 1).

Base DMG 2700 top crit (from a 10k CW only 4k power) "place shard + explode x2 prone"7800 dmg and its aoe Prone not single target stun 9 k power GWF 19k"Sentinel /Instigatorgs" +p vorpal 6 k dmg crit GS 10k CW 4k power rank 5 enchants no stone no wep enchant 7k crit dmg pure winner the 10k CW .
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    4sbqfq.png
    Bull charge auto target prone grap closer .
    14k GS GF "Conq"p. vorpal 12 k crit DMG vs GWF"Sentinel /Instigator" 19k gs +p vorpal 6k crit DMG winner GF .
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    General
    [*]Unstoppable: Unstoppable now grants 5~10% damage resist when activated (down from 25~50%)

It's a pure nerf of the class. Damage resistance was already ALL what unstopagble was doing. ALL. Where is the gain of damage to compensate for this new squishiness? Gwf will just die in pve. It was already dieing in front of any foe like a Thoon. Where is the compensation mechanism that will allow the gwf to survive? Sprint? Running away from the foe? What is you devs the idea you have of a FIGHTER class? Constructive suggestion: read DnD class introduction books.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This means that things are starting to go in the right direction! Stacking CWs and GWFs no longer pays off :)

yeah we will stack 3xhr +2cw now since none will be still crazy to take gf or tr in team and useless instant dead gwf
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All(most all) ppl agreed, that roar was buggy. So the logical thing would have been, to fix it and wait for the reactions of players.

What happened was a total over the top nerf of the class and Defs who are to proud to call their BS BS are now trying to come up with other ways to fix their own mistakes.

Balance is NOT to tone a 19K GS GWF with perf enchants down to a 12K GS HR with bad gear. Log into you own game, play the classes in PvP and PvE. You will see, what I am talking about.

On a sidenote, the fact, that GF is broken does not validate the nerfs to GWF class.

A sign for the good balancing could be, that HRs ask for their own nerf, while all GWFs, exept the 20k GS players, say, that the class is broken atm.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Reading and knowing what non-GWF-players have to say to us, GWF-players (and yes, i play all clases both PvE and PvP), i tell you he is right and you are wrong... but, again, i do not espect a non-GWF-player understands that. But, to put it simple to you (as i did with another non-GWF-player): Remove all your dodgeds and change them into a move which reduce all incoming damage by 50% and CC inmunity, change all prones into stuns and reduce the class survivability in a 80%, after that, you can come here and tell us "you do not know how many imbalances your class does!!!"

I do have a GWF. I just also happen to have a GF so I know how diffferently the path works when applied to GWFs. Are you sure you 'play all classes'? OR did you build one of each but mainly just run the FotM?
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Reading and knowing what non-GWF-players have to say to us, GWF-players (and yes, i play all clases both PvE and PvP), i tell you he is right and you are wrong... but, again, i do not espect a non-GWF-player understands that. But, to put it simple to you (as i did with another non-GWF-player): Remove all your dodgeds and change them into a move which reduce all incoming damage by 50% and CC inmunity, change all prones into stuns and reduce the class survivability in a 80%, after that, you can come here and tell us "you do not know how many imbalances your class does!!!"

Why they should take away something other class haven't to begin with.
    GWF is the only class that can do all the things you listed. Only YOU can chain prone, have the highest mitigation, have the higher dps, have cc immunity, have self heal.

Ok I should stop reading this forum. You guys feel entitled to something you should never had. It was cryptic fault to give you all the strengh and no weakness. And you have confused that for your own skill.

Sorry guys, but it's time to wake up.