What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Control Wizard Changes

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    - I love it as it is and I think it'll further make single-target damage viable. However I feel like it should only proc on one enemy when used in conjunction with an AoE, similar to Assailing Force. As it is right now, Storm Spell feel more powerful than the Thaumaturge Capstone. Would it be possible to make it so that Storm Spell does not benefit from damage buffs and debuffs, as well as to remove its ability to crit? It'll cut down the damage to reasonable, yet still competitive levels, without completely destroying the now-beautiful class feature. The proc chance is what makes this skill very good. It'll synergize well with weapon enchantments such as Lightning and Bilethorn that does not have stack limits.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This feedback ISNT coming from me, but (in my opinion) one of the best CWs in the game:

Storm Spell is fine on LIVE - it was already very good and didnt need ANY changes.

He rarely posts AT ALL on the forums so I am just passing this along.

Also - IMO Assailing Force would be much better I think for all if it provided a straight damage boost to targets after being affected by a control power.

The old "capstone" purely reduced the DR of targets affected by COI by 15%. Why not bring this back but say:

"You deal 25-30% more damage to targets affected by your control for 6-8 seconds"

Now this would mean ANY control power would proc this, it gives CWs an actual "Skill" to the class . Having this lame "proc" that deals damage that bypasses DR - Its just silly guys.... Its really silly....

If that damage isnt enough, beef it up.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I say, tone down Assailant damage so that its DoT effect is on par with MoF Rimefire/Smolder DoT damage.

But allow CW's some ability to bypass DR. Why? Because we deal in magic. You GWFs don't.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually I think Assailant is just fine the way it is on preview.

Thaum is supposed to be the damage-dealing path. Assailant "has a chance to proc" whenever the CW deals damage, which could be with an at-will. That's fine. A chance is a chance. When Assailant procs it deals damage to the next thing that the CW damages, which in PVE could be a low-HP minion or it could be a high-HP elite. Can't really control what Assailant will proc on so it won't suddenly turn CWs into *reliable* single-target nukers. Which they aren't supposed to be. And no Assailant shouldn't be a party buff. That is what live Assailing Force is now, and for better or for worse, that is what the Mod 4 Renegade tree is supposed to be. According to loboguild's tests, it does about 10% of total CW DPS, which is a low-enough proc rate to not make it OP but still high-enough proc rate to make it worth taking. Maybe the proc chance could be tweaked or something to make it have a lower probability with low-damaging at-wills and a higher probability with high-damaging encounters and dailies, but the basic idea of the new Assailant is fine I think.

Of course this is for PVE. For PVP I don't care. The CW is wearing cloth robes for heaven's sake, just use your big swords and hit 'em. Maybe it could be adjusted to work differently on players, that would be fine I guess. But don't change the essential mechanic of Assailant just because of over-represented PVP GWFs crying on CW feedback forums.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Reminder: The Official Feedback Stickies are not for one's opinions of others' opinions nor the discussion there-of. The Sticky Feedback threads are for YOUR feedback from YOUR testing of the pertinent topics on the PREVIEW server. They are not for the discussion of one's own or others' opinions. Instead, such belongs in the provided Discussion threads.

Please see:
    Sticky: [ List ] Community Feedback Discussion Threads! :) (Read Before Posting)
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    bug
    infinite repel
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i still hope last spellstorm buffs wont get to live or we will have again broken op cw in pve and all this balance changes were for nothing when ppl will again stack 3 or 4 cw in teams
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Combustive Action buff still ends early after Furious Immolation and Oppressive Force

As reported previously, the debuff from Combustive Action (and Twisting immolation feat) still drops off prematurely on targets when my daily ends and I'm unable to take advantage of the debuff with other abilities.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8223801&viewfull=1#post8223801

Feedback: Fanning the Flame and Drifting Embers feat far too weak after 'balance'

Drifting embers is a borderline useless feat in its current state. Firstly, with the duration nerf of FtF, the uptime of Fanning the Flames is rather low, like 5 out of 22 seconds or less than 25%. Multiply that by the 40% chance at rank 5 you get ~10% chance overall.
    A 2nd tier feat in the DPS tree that only grants +10% chance of spreading smolder to targets is of serious questionable worth in the MoF's arsenal given that
    1. we can already place smolder with Scorching Burst at will/ Daily with combustive action and / crits with Critical Conflagration
    2. Multiple applications of smolder doesn't stack
    3. smolder DPS is not all that significant on its own

Basically this feat does nothing to help a MoF with DPS or utility because it is redundant and vastly inferior to Spellstorm mage's Destructive wizardry, which is basically a 5% perma DPS increase.

My suggestion:
    Drifting Embers extends the duration of FtF ticks by 20/40/60/80/100%, and FtF now places smolder on 1/2/3/4/5 additional targets when cast.

I like the dot components of FtF, and this change will not upset the DPS of FtF, however makes it properly useful and extends FtF's utility of creating smolder and extending DoTs on targets. Sudden storm has a 64% shorter duration than FtF and is one of the CW's highest damaging uncapped AoE. The recent change to FtF's duration seriously disadvantaged the MoF's competitiveness of creating and keeping up smoulder on multiple targets. Keep in mind also FtF has very low AP gain per cast compared to all other CW abilities (including Sudden storm) and the long cooldown has made it fare worse than before.

Finally it is my personal feeling that FtF should be a small AoE skill with the area significantly increased on mastery just like CoI. Right now it loses a lot of effectiveness off tab as a single target skill and is not truly competitive with the other options.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General: Burning Guidance: No longer improperly triggers on Life Steal and Soul Bonding Healing.
    • Control Wizard
      • Combustive Action: Damage Debuff applied by Combustive action is no longer just Fire damage, but all damage. Debuff is now 6% per rank (up from 3% per rank).
      • Focused Wizardry: Now increases single target damage by 10/20/30% but reduces AoE damage by 30/20/10%.
      • Magic Missile: Damage increased by about 15%.
      • Storm Fury: Damage increased by 200%.
      • Storm Spell: Activation Chance increased to 35%. Damage increased by roughly 100%.
      • Swath of Destruction: Damage Debuff increased to 5% per rank and Smolder Damage is increased by 15% per rank (up from 2% and 8% respectively).
    • Guardian Fighter: Blocking will no longer set your Deflect Chance to 0 while active.
    • Hunter Ranger
      • Fox Shift now requires a target to be used.
      • Storm Warden: Cold Steel Combat: Hurricane: This power now correctly benefits from Armor Penetration.
    • Scourge Warlock: Primary Stat changed to Charisma.
    • Spellstorm Mage
      • Eye of the Storm: Activation chance is now 100% from any power while off cooldown.
      • Eye of the Storm: ICD has been reduced to 20 seconds.
      • Storm Spell: Chance to activate reduced to 20% (down from 35%).
      • Storm Spell: This effect will no longer incorrectly trigger on Chill stacks.

Items and Economy
    • Kessel's Sphere of Annihiliation: This artifact no longer improperly gains damage bonuses from the caster. It now does the damage stated in the tooltip at all ranks.
    • Loot drops for level 60 players again.
    • Professions: Only tier 3 profession resources drop off enemies level 45+.

User Interface
    • Auction House uncatagorized items should now go to the Miscellaneous category by default.
    • Store buyback works properly again.
    This will be going to preview around 3pm PST.
    This is likley the final build. Some of these changes were in the .4-.6 that was on Preview over the weekend. The Spellstorm Mage changes will be in the new version going out.

Just the latest form the battlefront :)
    Note the much needed adjustment to Spell Storm ^
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just the latest form the battlefront :)
    Note the much needed adjustment to Spell Storm ^

eye needs nerf to
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    eye needs nerf to

warpet need nerf too
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    warpet need nerf too

agreed... :)
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Doing a quick ACT parse of a test against the Dread Ring dummies, it's now only 40% of my damage (25.3k EncDps), instead of 53%. Skills were: passives(Storm Spell, EotS), Mastery(CoI), Skills (Steal Time, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm - feated), using a bad Renegade build. So it's now ~10k of my damage. This is still reasonably close to my mod3 damage totals. Damage per for Storm Spell is 2.6k -> 13.2k (7.9k average), though this will have been affected by EotS, Nightmare Wizardy, Phantasm Destruction, & Greater Vorpal. Storm Spell is proc'ing on each mob per damage tick from Icy Terrain & CoI, so it will have lots of checks, chill just keeps them from moving while they cook.

In mod3, Storm Spell would have been between 6-10% of my EncDps.
  • Options
    charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Allow smolder accumulate points and get stronger. This is true in any fire, more fire, the stronger it gets.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I mite roll a dragonborn CW on Live sense the dmg is still
    this ridicoulouse
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    warpet need nerf too

+1 on this one

With the current changes, CWs have no dynamics anymore. It has become a skillless class. With the fix of the Storm Spell procs from Chill, CW is in an acceptable place. Further nerfs would kill the class, because there would be no room for personal skill. Is it viable as it is now? Probably. Do I want to play this class? No. Playing CW was a fun experience that required skill: skillless players got punished, while skilled players had an advantage. Now it's not about skills anymore. It's like tabletop DnD. This is not why people play MMOs.

As to the current balance, experienced HRs, TRs and GWFs still kill CWs easily (especially the GWFs, since certain builds practically 2-shoot CWs). CW is definitely not the top PvP class. Practically, it's where it was before, just with more survivability and new, very beginner-friendly mechanics that require no skill to use.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Feedback: Storm Spell changes. The Class Feature definitely feels less burst-y on single-target damage as an Oppressor, which makes it seem more balanced. However it would be great if Storm Spell received a mechanic where it can only activate against 1 target when used in AoEs, just like Assailing Force. This way AoE damage will not be off the charts again just like it used to pre-mod 4.
  • Options
    tempopktempopk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stormspell procs being fixed on chillstacks is good but taking the proc change u gave us is mean :( ya'll took like half of it away idk if i can complain tho x.x
    - [Tempzy]
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Focused Wizardry

The AoE damage reduction is supposed to be 30% at Rank 1, 20% at Rank 2, and 10% at Rank 3. Instead it is 30% no matter what Rank the feat is. After testing, with three ranks in Focused Wizardry Icy Terrain, Conduit of Ice, and Steal Time all have their damage reduced by 30%. Sudden Storm is also reduced by more than 10% (my testing shows ~20%). I haven't tested other AOE spells yet but I would assume that they are similarly bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Possible bug: Thaumaturge build has higher damage on every encounter, daily and at will then Renegade of same armour, boons and first row of feats.

Can someone pleases double check it. I've just noticed that my Thauma who only differers from my Renegade where heroic feats are considered (same same armour, same power, enchants, boons, no buffs on) has far more damage on every skill, even magic missile which is not buffed by any thauma feat.

Example:
    Magic Missile -> Thauma: 673-800 / Rene: 554-659
    RoE -> Thauma: 3514-4178 / Rene: 2631 - 3129
    Steal Time -> Thauma: 4343-5164 / Rene: 3252 - 3867
    Sudden Storm -> Thauma: 6263 - 7448 / Rene: 4690 - 5577

I just can't figure out where this difference comes from. Is there something I don't know? Is it intended? I could omit something, so if someone would double check it would be much appreciated.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Bug:

Focused Wizardy on Rank 3 reduces Icy Terrain's damage by 30% instead of 10%. Other AoEs might also be affected.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've just copied over 2 chars, respec them, gave them same boons, same stats, same feats, only one went Rene the other Thauma tree. Again, Thaumaturge got significantly higher damage on every single skill. There must be some feat on this tree that inappropriately rises damage of every encounter/daily/at-will.

EDIT: Tempest Magic is the reason why. After adding this feat damage went up for every skill. The tooltip says it grants additional damage to targets below 30% HP but in fact it rises damage of every skill, and significantly. For example on MM from 506-601 to 676-803 after maxing Tempest Magic.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This may be a tooltip issue rather than a bugged feat. It could be displaying the boosted damage rather than the default damage even though the boost applies only <30% target HP.

Has anyone tried testing actual damage on dummies?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    bug
    infinite repel, when using shift. The effect still works but the ability is cancelled.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Possible bug: Thaumaturge build has higher damage on every encounter, daily and at will then Renegade of same armour, boons and first row of feats.

Can someone pleases double check it. I've just noticed that my Thauma who only differers from my Renegade where heroic feats are considered (same same armour, same power, enchants, boons, no buffs on) has far more damage on every skill, even magic missile which is not buffed by any thauma feat.

Example:
    Magic Missile -> Thauma: 673-800 / Rene: 554-659
    RoE -> Thauma: 3514-4178 / Rene: 2631 - 3129
    Steal Time -> Thauma: 4343-5164 / Rene: 3252 - 3867
    Sudden Storm -> Thauma: 6263 - 7448 / Rene: 4690 - 5577

I just can't figure out where this difference comes from. Is there something I don't know? Is it intended? I could omit something, so if someone would double check it would be much appreciated.

Good catch. I just tested this. It's a bug in the tooltips not in the actual strength of the spells. With only heroic feats selected the Icy Terrain tooltip read 388-461. Its damage tested at 388-461. So it matched. Then I put 5 points in Tempest Magic and the tooltip damage changed to 518-616 (a 33% increase to both). However the damage still tested out as 388-461. So it is falsely inflating the damage of spells.

Bug: Tempest Magic

Tempest magic falsely increases the tooltip damages of all spells by 33%. It doesn't actually provide that increase in damage. Also, this is a difficult feat to test since you need a ready supply of enemies below 30% health. Please internally test the feat to make sure that it is only giving the stated bonus and not a 33% increase in damage by accident. Other feats have had problems with giving more damage increase than indicated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Assailant is too good for how easy it is to proc, in my opinion. With a 5 second cooldown it can give upwards of 1000 dps in PvP, requires zero skill to do so, and cannot be mitigated. I would suggest
    extending the ICD and/or restricting procs to encounter use, control power use, or anything involving more effort/skill than just damage dealing.

The Renegade tree would benefit greatly from some sort of defining characteristic, similar to Oppressor chill stacking and control or Thaum personal dps. To bring back the bursty crit damage dealer that the Renegade once was, I would suggest
    implementing a second or third tier feat that reduces the ICD of Eye of the Storm by 1/2/3/4/5 seconds at the cost of 1 or 2 seconds of up time if needed.
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• Options
    edited August 2014
    fix spellstorm it still do over 40% of total damage on cw

as for asiliant i dont see it as so much op it is fine some 15%+dps boost to dps it gives it is not to much for capstone feat
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...5-20140728a-11

Storm Spell: Chance to activate reduced to 20% (down from 35%).
    Storm Spell: This effect will no longer incorrectly trigger on Chill stacks.

I just ACTed.Very far from 40%...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...5-20140728a-11

Storm Spell: Chance to activate reduced to 20% (down from 35%).
    Storm Spell: This effect will no longer incorrectly trigger on Chill stacks.

I just ACTed.Very far from 40%...

this is 40% after fix here is log of post fix preformance

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?725611-CW-stormspell-is-out-of-control/page18
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »

Storm Spell is a fixed damage. The lower your gear, the higher the percentage compared to the rest of the encounters. I'm pretty sure, I could make it 90%+ of my DPS, just by going 0 power, high crit, high armpen. Is it a lot? No. If you go high power, low crit, medium armpen, encounters will have a higher DPS.
This discussion has been closed.