test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Control Wizard Changes

gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Control Wizards have been in a problematic place for a while, so we wanted to take a good hard look at what they could do, what they brought to the party, and make some fairly big changes to them. These changes are slated for Module 4, Tyranny of Dragons.

Overview
Control Wizards do a lot of things really well, and their strength coupled with the amount of utility they bring to a party made them just overbearing, so we are tuning them way back with a large series of changes to their base powers and feats to bring them much more in line with where we want everyone to be.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    General
    • Armor Penetration should now correctly work on all powers.
    Powers
    • Magic Missile: The first two strikes can be chained together about 40% slower. The third strike of Magic Missile now takes 1.4 seconds to fire (up from 1.2).
    • Chilling Cloud: The final strike of Chilling Cloud now takes 1 second to fire (down from 1.2).
    • Scorching Burst: This power now benefits more from being charged. The bonus from charging has been improved by roughly 50%.
    • Chill Strike: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second).
    • Chill Strike: This power has had its recharge time increased to 15 seconds (up from 13 seconds).
    • Conduit of Ice: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .98 seconds).
    • Conduit of Ice: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 13 seconds (down from 18 seconds).
    • Conduit of Ice: This power has had its damage reduced by roughly 33%.
    • Entangling Force: This power's damage over time component now ticks every .5 seconds (down from every .65 seconds).
    • Entangling Force: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second).
    • Entangling Force: This power has had its total base damage reduced by about 10% overall.
    • Icy Terrain: This power now ticks every 1 second (down from every 1.3 seconds).
    • Sudden Storm: This power has had its recharge time increased to 14 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
    • Sudden Storm: This power has had its base damage reduced by roughly 33%
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .9 seconds).
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power has had its recharge time increased to 18 seconds (up from 14).
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: Allies no longer benefit from this debuff.
    • Steal Time: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 65%.
    • Steal Time: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds).
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its base impact damage reduced by roughly 33%.
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its explosion damage reduced by roughly 60%.
    • Fanning the Flame: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .6 seconds).
    • Fanning the Flame: This power has had its recharge time increased to 22 seconds (up from 15 seconds).
    • Arcane Singularity: Activation time increased to 2 seconds (up from 1 second).
    • Arcane Singularity: Now can affect up to 8 targets (down from 15).
    • Oppressive Force: This power has had its overall damage reduced by roughly 9%.
    • Ice Knife: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from .93 seconds).
    • Furious Immolation: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 26%.
    • Eye of the Storm: This power now has an internal cooldown of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5).
    Feats: Heroic
    • Wizard's Wrath: This feat now grants 1/2/3% area of effect damage (down from 2/4/6%).
    • Arcane Enhancement: This feat now grants 1/2/3% more Arcane damage (down from 2/4/6%).
    • Blighting Power: This feat now grants 2/4/6% more cold damage (down from 3/6/9%).
    • Focused Wizardry: *REWORK* Single target Powers deal 2/4/6% more damage.
    Feats: Oppressor
    • Bitter Cold: *REWORK* Targets take 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack.
    • Chilling Control (Paragon: Spellstorm): *REWORK* Sudden Storm now applies 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of Chill to targets hit by the primary strike.
    • Twisting Immolation (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now dazes targets for .8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second(s)).
    • Cold Infusion: *REWORK* Foes deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage for 10 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack.
    • Glacial Movement: Ray of Frost has a 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to apply an additional stack of Chill.
    • Alacrity: *REWORK* When you deal damage to foes affected by Chill you have a chance to reduce the cooldown on Icy Terrain and Entangling Force by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s).
    • Controlled Momentum: *REWORK* After using a Control power nearby allies deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds. This effect does not stack.
    • Shatter Strike: *REWORK* When you freeze a target they are afflicted by Shattered for 10 seconds. Shattered foes have a chance when taking damage to be stunned for 5 seconds (1 second on players) and take up to 5% of their Max HP in damage (max 300% weapon damage). This effect consumes Shatter. Additionally, your control powers deal 100% of your weapon damage against control immune targets and Chill lasts 2.5 seconds longer.
    Feats: Thaumaturge
    • Tempest Magic: This feat now grants 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) bonus damage while targets are below 30% HP.
    • Malevolent Surge: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) and no longer stacks. This feat now lasts 15 seconds (up from 4).
    • Snap Freeze: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15) bonus damage to your Cold At Wills and Encounters against foes who are not Chilled.
    • Destructive Wizardry (Paragon: Storm): This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/5/8/10%) bonus damage. This feat no longer requires you strike at least 2 targets, but now requires you charge Storm Pillar fully. This feat now lasts 20 seconds (up from 6).
    • Drifting Embers (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now has a 8/16/24/32/40% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to spread Smolder to targets.
    • Far Spell: Now affects all Single Target powers rather than just Magic Missile and Chill Strike.
    • Frozen Power Transfer: This bonus now stacks up to a maximum of 3 stacks and is refreshed when you gain a new stack. Players will gain one stack for each target hit with the final strike of Chilling Cloud. This bonus now lasts 20 seconds (up from 8).
    • Transcended Master: Shard of Endless Avalanche now gains 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage. Icy Rays now gains 2/4/5/8/10% bonus damage when cast on the same target twice and a .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s) shorter cooldown when used on two different targets.
    • Elemental Empowerment: *REWORK* Dealing Cold damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Creeping Frost. Creeping Frost deals 85% of your weapon damage as cold damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Dealing Arcane damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Warped Magics. Warped Magics deals 50% of your weapon damage as Arcane damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Warped Magics ignores half of a target's resistance. These effects do not stack.
    • Assailing Force: *REWORK* Dealing damage to foes has a chance to grant you Assailant. When you have Assailant your next encounter power deals 10% of the target's max HP as unresistable damage (max 500% weapon damage). This will only affect one target when used in an AoE.
    Feats: Renegade
    • Reapers Touch: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage.
    • Nightmare Wizardry: This feat now has a 1/2/3/4/5% chance (down from 4/8/12/16/20%) to grant you and allies combat advantage for 12 seconds (up from 4).
    • Unrestrained Chaos (Paragon: Storm): This feat now has a chance to apply 6 stacks of Chill (up from 1) to a nearby target or to grant you full stacks of Arcane Mastery (up from 1) every second for 1/2/3/4/5. Maelstrom will not freeze foes.
    • Arcane Burst (Paragon: Master of Flame): Each target hit by Scorching Burst has a 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 4/8/12/16/20%) chance to add a stack of Arcane Mastery.
    • Phantasmal Destruction: When you deal Combat Advantage damage you have a 25% chance (down from 100%) to grant 3/6/9/12/15% Critical Severity for 6 seconds.
    • Energy Recovery: Now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) of your HP as Temp HP and .2/.4/.6/.8/1% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) Temp HP for each additional target hit.
    • Chilling Advantage: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% chance to Crit to all Encounter Powers (rather than Cold Powers).
    • Chaos Magic: *REWORK* Dealing Damage to targets has a chance to apply Chaos Magic to yourself. When you are affected by Chaos Magic you cannot be affected by a new Chaos Magic. You will be affected by Chaotic Growth, Chaotic Nexus, or Chaotic Fury.
      Chaotic Growth - Heal yourself for 200% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds.
      Chaotic Nexus - You gain 5% additional Armor Penetration and Critical Chance for 10 seconds.
      Chaotic Fury - You gain gain 10% additional Power and Lifesteal for 10 seconds.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Feedback
    We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the feel and effects of the Control Wizard in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Destroyer
    Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damge.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to the feat changes. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!

Chris “Gentleman_Crush” Meyer
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Reserving one more just in case!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    In order to better organize and track feedback please follow these guidelines when posting your valuable feedback in the Official Feedback Threads:
    • Please keep the feedback directed to the developers.
      Discussions and debates are great but do not belong in these threads. Thanks!
    • It is okay to respond to say "+1" to a post but avoid any more in depth responses to other players.
    • Please give feedback based on your actual gameplay experience on the PTS.
    • Keep feedback pertinent to proposed changes or minor changes to non-proposed changes.
      Please try to keep suggestions for complete power, skill and gameplay overhauls in their own unique threads.
    • This should go without saying but follow the Forum Rules

Additionally while this is not an absolute mandate it would be immensely helpful if posts could be formatted in a concise and clear manner. Here are some tips to get your feedback hear loud and clear.
    • Please supply all feedback in cyan and bug reports in red.
    • Title your Feedback and report and then give a short description. Example:
      Examples:
      Bug: Destroyer
      Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damge.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.
    • Less is more. Think bullet points. Long and in depth posts are sometimes needed to convey feedback but the more to the point feedback is the easier it will be for the developers to read and organize.
    Feedback and posts which do not follow these guidelines should either go in their own threads
    or in the discussion threads:

Guardian Fighter Feedback Discussions
    Great Weapon Fighter Feedback Discussions
    Hunter Ranger Feedback Discussions
    Control Wizard Feedback Discussions
    Warlock Feedback Discussions
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    think the changes to CW are in the right direction, but would disagree with a few:

Entangling Force is already rarely used, and not even for damage. It also doesn't deal damage to enemies immune to control effects. I would keep its damage, but the faster tick and higher cast time are OK.

Ray of Enfeeblement was mainly used as a debuffing power. Making it apply to Control Wizard spells only would make it not useful given the short duration it stays on targets. I would reduce its tick speed (if it ticks every 1 second, make it tick every 1.5 seconds) and increase the debuff duration by 3-4 seconds, to allow the Control Wizard to use the remaining 3 encounters to good effect on the target. Then it would be OK to make it only buf the caster's damage.

Steal Time is already a must have on every Control Wizard's encounter bar. Making this power even stronger (especially as it is bugged to trigger effects of feats and item sets multiple times every tick, not even on final hit) by giving it reduced cooldown and increased damage would be a mistake. Instead, I feel the power should be fixed to only trigger feats/item sets IF the power deals damage (i.e. completes casting), as currently you can just cast it for 2 seconds and cancel the power using dodge to apply full slow debuff and trigger all feats/item sets and be able to use the power again in 4 seconds, with the only downside being not having dealt damage with it.

Eye of the Storm nerf is probably over the top with the cooldown and noone would pick that Feature (rather take Evocation + Storm Spell). I would say an ICD of 35 seconds would be appropriate and still make this Feature worthwhile.

It would be nice to see a fix for Evocation not affecting many AoE powers (details on my bug+exploit thread post #3). However, this Feature would need to be toned down or be too powerful.

I feel that the changes overall to powers and feats have made single target powers stronger (and actually damage control immune enemies) which will be a huge boon in PvP.

The real fix to Control Wizard that is missing from the changelog is an adjustment to how powerful the High Vizier set bonus is. It is the single best set out there due to how useful the debuff is and that it can be applied to all targets in vision using Steal Time and Oppressive Force. I would advocate reducing the set bonus from 450 per stack (1350 total) to 450 total (i.e. make it a single stack power). This would result in the biggest decrease in Control Wizard and Party damage in instances.

In terms of feats, Reaper's Touch is not picked very often as it only applies to At Will Powers, so I feel the damage reduction there is going to make it even less picked (compared to the feat granting 5% of action points)

Unrestraining Chaos would remain skipped beause Maelstrom of Chaos itself is s fairly useless Daily Power. If Maelstrom of Chaos was made to be more useful, people might actually pick it up. Also, the Arcane Mastery portion of this feat is of no use given that players can use Steal Time to instantly have max stacks and any use of an Arcane Power or Daily Power refreshes those stacks anyway.

Addendum:

Would it be possible for Arcane Singularity to resolve faster by about 1.5 seconds (pull targets faster, possibly make them unable to act while pulled) to grant it some utility with the reduced target limit?

Also, I think Oppressive Force could use a target cap of around 12-15 (currently unlimited)
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I don't know where to start. I don't even know If I want to spend time trying to make you realize how bad this is, because you are so off the grid with the changes so it feels useless to even try to get you on the right track.

You nerfed every single feat and power to the ground that are used in endgame PvP. All we had was our damage and debuff in PvP, now we don't have that either.
    "Overview
    Control Wizards do a lot of things really well, and their strength coupled with the amount of utility they bring to a party made them just overbearing, so we are tuning them way back with a large series of changes to their base powers and feats to bring them much more in line with where we want everyone to be."

You want us to be useless in PvP? Did you even read the changelog? Please explain to me what exactly you want us to do in PvP. We have no control, no damage, no prones, no healing, no tankyness..
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Posted this in announcment before realising there already is thread for this so...
    BLUE (I know its not actually blue but...): What I dislike
    GREEN: What I like
    GRAY: need testing/no opinion
    ORANGE: suggested change

Control Wizard
    Arcane Singularity: Activation time increased to 2 seconds (up from 1 second) and can affect up to 8 targets (down from 15). wait what? Do you plan to decrease number of adds in dungeons or is it just in name of nerfs? Why this skill is nerfed? Where is control buff in it? Will it hold mobs for longer? Will it add stun? Best controlling skill is just less controling?///increase "hold" duration by 2-4 seconds and increase damage or lower damage by 20-30% but increase affected targets to old 20 or 25
    Chill Strike: This power has had its recharge time increased to 15 seconds (up from 13 seconds) and now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second). Why? It had already long cast time for PvP players and for worse its CD is increased if it gets CD and cast nerf where is dmg buff?///increase affected target cap on spell mastery slot, add slow on targets affected by shattered damage
    Chilling Cloud: The final strike of Chilling Cloud now takes 1 second to fire (down from 1.2). I'm not using it so I have no opinion
    Conduit of Ice: This power has had its damage reduced by roughly 33%, recharge time reduced to 13 seconds (down from 18 seconds) and now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .98 seconds). I have no idea why and really don't know what to say. It already had low damage but buffed CD might make it better (that cast time though)also it was pretty useless without Assailing Force and with changes to that feat spellstorms thaums have no use of itincrease AoE on regular power slot
    Entangling Force: This power has had its total base damage reduced by about 10% overall, now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second) and the damage over time component now ticks every .5 seconds (down from every .65 seconds). That makes no sense at all, PvP has tenacity and number of targets make it useless in PvE///add stun or disable on spell mastery slot on targets affected by AoE
    Ice Knife: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from .93 seconds). PvE=meh, PvP=well CW have to stay behind in PvP so..meh
    Icy Terrain: This power now ticks every 1 second (down from every 1.3 seconds). that is good one, but I doubt there'll be much diffrence (testing needed)
    Magic Missile: The first two strikes are now chained together about 40% slower. The third strike of Magic Missile now takes 1.4 seconds to fire (up from 1.2).testing needed
    Oppressive Force: This power has had its overall damage reduced by roughly 9%. testing needed but I doubt it will make much of a diffrence (with AS nerf people will just use this for better control)
    Ray of Enfeeblement: This power has had its recharge time increased to 18 seconds (up from 14), now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .9 seconds) allies no longer benefit from the resistance reduction part of this power. best debuff on bosses... now useless for teamplay
    Repel: This power can no longer have it's push effect deflected. Damage can still be deflected normally.
    Repel: The spell mastery version of this power will ignore control immune targets for the purposes of target selection. good one on repel
    Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its base impact damage reduced by roughly 33% and its explosion damage reduced by roughly 60%.Ok this power needed damage nerf but where is more control in the place of that damage, or less CD?///increase prone duration on explosion or increase ammount of targets affected by knockback
    Steal Time: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 65% and its recharge time reduced to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds).well, skill was very good before but I ask you this: with all damage nerfs why do you buff this skill damage instead of buffing its control ability?///damage increase by 30% (instead of 65 or remove damage buff) and increase affected target cap to 10-15 and increase stun duration by 2-5 seconds

Thaumaturge Feats:

Assailing Force: This feat has been reworked i now has the following effect: Dealing damage to foes has a chance to grant you Assailant. When you have Assailant your next encounter power deals 10% of the target's max HP as unresistable damage (max 500% weapon damage). This will only affect one target when used in an AoE.nerfing overall damage on CW and changing this one for pure dps? And only one target? Why change one of party's most benefiting feat to "this"///return to previous effect
    Destructive Wizardry (Paragon: Storm): This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/5/8/10%) bonus damage. This feat no longer requires you strike at least 2 targets, but now requires you charge Storm Pillar fully. This feat now lasts 20 seconds (up from 6).good change
    Drifting Embers (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now has a 8/16/24/32/40% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to spread Smoulder to targets. Spellstorm here so no opinion
    Elemental Empowerment: This feat has been reworked i now has the following effect: Dealing Cold damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Creeping Frost. Creeping Frost deals 85% of your weapon damage as cold damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Dealing Arcane damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Warped Magics. Warped Magics deals 50% of your weapon damage as Arcane damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Warped Magics ignores half of a target's resistance. These effects do not stack. testing needed
    Far Spell: Now affects all Single Target powers rather than just Magic Missile and Chill Strike. didn't use it but changes sound good
    Frozen Power Transfer: This bonus now stacks up to a maximum of 3 stacks and is refreshed when you gain a new stack. Players will gain one stack for each target hit with the final strike of Chilling Cloud. This bonus now lasts 20 seconds (up from 8).didn't use it, no opinion
    Malevolent Surge: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) and no longer stacks. This feat now lasts 15 seconds (up from 4).testing needed but with all damage nerfs and no control buffs (actually with CC nerfs) this one is a downer
    Snap Freeze: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15) bonus damage to your Cold At Wills and Encounters against foes who are not Chilled. didn't use it no opinion
    Tempest Magic: This feat now grants 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) bonus damage while targets are below 30% HP.again, damage nerf no control buff (elsewhere)
    Transcended Master: Shard of Endless Avalanche now gains 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage. Icy Rays now gains 2/4/5/8/10% bonus damage when cast on the same target twice and a .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s) shorter cooldown when used on two different targets.[nerfed SoEA and its feat? MOAR CONTROL NEEDED

Stormspell Mage
    Eye of the Storm: This power now has an ICD of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5).so main reason for SS paragon has vanished... why just not change it to something else instead of making it useless; like having 2% (per rank) to add effect that will stun enemies when reaching x stack?
    Sudden Storm: This power has had its base damage reduced by roughly 33% and its recharge time increased to 14 seconds (up from 10 seconds). change this power to "Storm Cage" (You trap your enemies in a cage made of lightning and filled with roaring thunder.) and lets leave this "less damage, no CC" nerf shall we?///change skill to "Storm Cage" (description above) damage and CC parameters need testing but I would suggest damage as 50% of current Sudden Storm and 1.5/2.5/3.5 or 2/4/6 seconds of root duration (per rank)

Heroic Feats
    Arcane Enhancement: This feat now grants 1/2/3% (Down from 2/4/6%) ok less damage but where is my CC?///add 3/6/9% control bonus to this or change it to 5/10/15% control bonus
    Blighting Power: This feat now grants 2/4/6% (Down from 3/6/9%)see above///add 1/2/3% chance to add additional chill stack
    Focused Wizardry: This feat has been reworked it now has the following effect: Single target Powers deal 2/4/6% more damage.well, at least I'll have to put my feat points somwhere else but... see above
    Wizard's Wrath: This feat now grants 1/2/3% (down from 2/4/6%) CC? ///same as Arcane Enhancement add 3/6/9% control bonus or change it to 5/10/15% control bonus

SO.... Thaumaturge Spellstorm is becoming pretty useless, everything on CW gets damage and CD nerfs (with few/one exception/s) and no CC buffs....
    Come clean here: is it to make people create Warlocks when they'll be released because I'm pretty sure people will create new characters when new magic class will be released no matter what but... well I just hope warlock won't be "new" CW

PS I'm OK with all damage nerfs, even CD nerfs but give more CC in return (STORM CAGE! :D)

edit: finished for now, quoteable
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Chill: Sometimes the animation plays out, but the casting is cancelled if any other encounter is used too quickly. I feel that should only happen if the CW uses dodge, not if they try to chain encounters.

Eye of the Storm: 6 second uptime every minute and a half for three points? Not worth it that far up in the power tree. Hardly anyone will use this feature after this change.
  • Options
    vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This looks ok with the arm pen changes, there are some damage nerfs needed i guess. But there are 2 big flaws with this
    1: Ray of Enfeeblement: Allies no longer benefit from this debuff.
    2: Eye of the Storm: This power now has an internal cooldown of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5).

This is game changing, this is class changing, this is messed up. Its ok if you try to fix a class, but i would really start off abit slow with minor changes at first and not change it entirely.
    Im serious, this is too much, you can give the CW 20x benefit from the armor pen stat on all encounters and at wills, without Eye of the Storm we wont do any damage. And you can stack 4000 crit strike as a CW and only get 10% crit chance.

PS gentlemancrush; some of the changes on other classes are game breaking as well, you are taking away prone, teamwork and any strategy left in this game. Im sure you dont want the game to be played this way. Stick by your players and tell the fat cats this is not how to fix a game
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mr. Crush, can you list for us precisely which powers in the CW arsenal count as "control" powers for the purpose of feats like Shatter Strike and Controlled Momentum?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You reduce CW's damage and don't enhance its control ability, in fact, you nerf many of its control powers. So things are actually getting worse, in both PvE and PvP.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The shard is broken on the test shard. It completly lags the game out with HUGE FPS drops.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2014
    Old BUG : Orb - weapon enchantment visual effect
    Now, the visual effect applied by a weapon enchantment, floats near the foots (instead of the hip...)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?643491-Broken-Orb-Spin&p=7797641&viewfull=1#post7797641

Bug : shard of endless avalanche & Chill Strike
    lag when using these spells
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    quick testing ( 20 mins ) so far and its suffering from extremely sluggish movement . Turned ALL graphics settings to low , but still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> character movement . Animation is no longer fluid looking ( FPS supposedly maintains constant 60 FPS ).
    Shard movement is still bugged , no surprise there . The shard animation itself is bugged . Very often the shard doesn't appear and when you push it you get the movement animation and after a few seconds the mob / target shows a hit .
    The mob animations themselves would then become a blur of white for me and lose all their textures .
    So far - not impressed , too many changes at one time causing graphical glitches / gameplay glitches
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've finished my first round of testing. So far i ahve to say, Oppressor is very powerful. absurdly powerful, could probably solo entire dungeons on your own.

The short of it, the damage is lower, thaum feats do not work at all (almost not at all). renegade is slightly better and worst in ways.

Stop crying people and saying things that are not true, they gave us too much control with this new patch im afraid, CWs can stand in the middle of packs with as much care as a gwf on live. I will post my breakdown shortly.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'll have a lot more thorough and constructive feedback later. For now my main comment would be that I wonder if the developers realize just how savage a nerf this is to the CW class. I run a fairly high-end DPS Thaumaturge build (likely the primary build they were targeting for this nerf). I'm almost always the top damager in a dungeon. Occasionally another CW will beat me out. And sometimes a really good GWF will edge me, but not by much.

I ran a 5 minute test in the dread ring beating up the dummies on both the current server and on the test server. Just spamming spells over and over.

On the normal server:

14.949 million damage in 5 minutes.

On the preview server:

5.001 million damage in 5 minutes.

As in, all of these nerfs put together reduce the damage of a Spellstorm Thaumaturge mage by 67%.

Wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ​​Control Wizard At Will Arcane Missile feels awfully clunky and slow. I wouldn't consider it a huge problem, but it made it difficult (for me) to get through a general rotation, as well as made in between encounters feel awful. It's an at-will - why does it feel like I'm taking a great deal of time to cast a giant fireball, but mess up and get some wimpy pebbles thrown instead?.

Please, /please/ reduce the damage reduction on the explosion of Shard. At 9kish GS, it crit for 3k on the dummies. . However, I really enjoyed that the Renegade final feat is getting some love. >.>...Also really like what was done with final feats for...all the trees. Thuam's was iffy, as it locked [me] into a spell, and Oppressor's was just...ugh. Now I'm having trouble choosing between them, which is great!

Make Nightmare Wizardy go 2/4/6/8/10. Going from max 20% to 5% was overkill. Even with lots of tiny damage flying around from AoEs and plaguefire, it barely ever saw it. It's a wonderful feat and, imo, one of the core parts of the renegade tree.
    Take the damage buffs to Time Steal and put it somewhere else, like shard. Time Steal requires close range, which is already not a good choice, generally speaking. The spell is good enough as it is.

Why any changes at all were made to CW cast times, of all things, I don't really know. 1) It'll sting in PvP. I haven't done much PvP on my CW, and mostly heard about it, but if they're in that bad a spot - I don't think making their abilities more obvious to see ( and thus easier to dodge ) is something that would balance the class. In PvE - yeh. More cast times = less damage = bad. Also means I'm stuck in an animation longer, so if red space pops up.....Squish! I got cought in a 1-shot earlier today because

Thaumaturge
    Change the Thuamaturge final feat to effect at least 2 targets. Insofar as I know, CWs are primarily AoE, not single target. It also needs a higher proc chance, as I saw it once in a couple minutes of spamming Time Steal, Conduit, Terrain, Sudden Storm and Chilling Cloud

Eye of the storm needs as smaller cooldown. 100% crit, even for 6 seconds, isn't all that decent taking into consideration 1) Movement requirements. 2) My encounters might not be up when EoTS is up 3)Once every 90 seconds feels like the Thaum final feat - you're locked into something. I feel that 90 sec CD would somewhat lock CWs into trying to unload everything they had during that time frame...if anyone even took that passive.

All in all...I like what the goal seems to be - choose between DPS, CC or something else...*peers at Renegade*

Oppressor
    What does it mean on Controlled Momentum - 'this does not stack'. It doesn't stack with what? A lot of tooltips need clarity. All of the ones that say 'a chance to <x>'.

This is all with 34% crit.

Edit: I missed something in the post, and then my internet went on vacation for a min :B Find something that doesn't make sense, would appreciate someone pointing it out.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bug: Freezing roots through cc immunity (or at the very least, unstoppable). For 3 times in a row where I was frozen and went unstoppable on my GWF, I still could not move at all until the freezing broke itself.
  • Options
    sapdragonsapdragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mythaura wrote: »
    ​​Control Wizard At Will Arcane Missile feels awfully clunky and slow. I wouldn't consider it a huge problem, but it made it difficult (for me) to get through a general rotation, as well as made in between encounters feel awful. It's an at-will - why does it feel like I'm taking a great deal of time to cast a giant fireball, but mess up and get some wimpy pebbles thrown instead?.

Please, /please/ reduce the damage reduction on the explosion of Shard. At 9kish GS, it crit for 3k on the dummies. . However, I really enjoyed that the Renegade final feat is getting some love. >.>...Also really like what was done with final feats for...all the trees. Thuam's was iffy, as it locked [me] into a spell, and Oppressor's was just...ugh. Now I'm having trouble choosing between them, which is great!

Make Nightmare Wizardy go 2/4/6/8/10. Going from max 20% to 5% was overkill. Even with lots of tiny damage flying around from AoEs and plaguefire, it barely ever saw it. It's a wonderful feat and, imo, one of the core parts of the renegade tree.

I like your suggestions. I feel that in general the changes are positive, but there are three glaring OVER THE TOP nerfs:

1. SS EoTS - 90 seconds is too long, it will be the death of most CWs especially in PvP. 30 seconds could be reasonable, but even that won't proc more then once a fight.
    2. Renegade NW/PD Combo - You will kill the Renegade path, which is already a secondary tree, by reducing NW to 5%. 10% i can imagine is ok, but going from 20% -> 5% and 100% -> 25% (in PD) will kill the heart of the path.
    3. Shard damage - It's your final move, it should be doing a lot of damage. The damage reduction is too large, needs to be reconsidered.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    just a reminder that the devs are looking for constructive feedback from actual test time on the preview server... not feedback about someone else's testing or your first impression of the patch notes.

also, threats to quit and overall unproductive posts will be canned.

please remember that these changes are on the preview server so you can test it and give your respectful and constructive feedback. you won't convince anyone to lean to your point of view with insults, antagonism or an angry star-filled post. we want what you want, but you have to follow the forum guidelines, please.

do NOT reply to this message. if you want to discuss forum rules, send me a PM. thanks.
  • Options
    archsinner81archsinner81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    For the increase in cast time for some/most of the skills.
    In PVP, cast time is everything, by the time we finish cast, enemy can be gone or right in your face to prone/interrupt. Do note all skill while casting are stationary.

Ray of Enfeeblement
    What the use of this skill if it cannot provide the same debuff to your group.
    Then increasing cast time = less time to use your other skill together with it

Eye of the Storm
    90sec ICD is seriously zzz , my 1 vs 1 match don't even last that long.
    what the point of it being a class feature, when it don't even proc most of the time when i'm in combat.
    4 sec get me the most 2 skill in? with all the new cast time?

Basically you nerf down all the AOE Damage, increase cast time for lots of skill, while not giving us more control and single target dps.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    General
      Tested all that were not previously and now they are. good job.
    Powers
    • Magic Missile: The first two strikes can be chained together about 40% slower. The third strike of Magic Missile now takes 1.4 seconds to fire (up from 1.2). Hard to notice so no comment
    • Chilling Cloud: The final strike of Chilling Cloud now takes 1 second to fire (down from 1.2). Same as above
    • Scorching Burst: This power now benefits more from being charged. The bonus from charging has been improved by roughly 50%. Makes it more useful but due to the large charge up, But unyeildly to use, I would suggest reducing its damage but increase the charge speed in equal proportions. Same goes for storm pillar.
    • Chill Strike: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second). Hard to notice but an unnecessary pvp change.
    • Chill Strike: This power has had its recharge time increased to 15 seconds (up from 13 seconds).
    • Conduit of Ice: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .98 seconds). Think this is too much, i feel this spell did not need a change either not sure the reasoning behind this.
    • Conduit of Ice: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 13 seconds (down from 18 seconds).
    • Conduit of Ice: This power has had its damage reduced by roughly 33%. The damage reduction and cooldown reduction balance them out enough, though this is more of a pvp nerf. pve it remains near its current state if not better for chill stacking
    • Entangling Force: This power's damage over time component now ticks every .5 seconds (down from every .65 seconds).
    • Entangling Force: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second). Again, Hard to notice but an unnecessary pvp change.
    • Entangling Force: This power has had its total base damage reduced by about 10% overall. This is an unnecessary change
    • Icy Terrain: This power now ticks every 1 second (down from every 1.3 seconds). Hard to notice but an unnecessary pvp change.
    • Sudden Storm: This power has had its recharge time increased to 14 seconds (up from 10 seconds). Cooldown balance, was very fast recharge before. Seems fine.
    • Sudden Storm: This power has had its base damage reduced by roughly 33% Damage balance. Damage is lowered too much, because it requires positioning it should do more damage than regular CW aoes that also have a control mechanic added to it, also has short range and line of fire. 15% lower would be sufficient to bring it in line with its added cooldown change.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .9 seconds). Single target nerf that wasn't needed
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power has had its recharge time increased to 18 seconds (up from 14). Feels unnecessary when CW single target is not our strong suit.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: Allies no longer benefit from this debuff. Really do not like this change, its one of the few debuffs left, and it goes against the nature of this spell.
    • Steal Time: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 65%. This was a key aoe spell before, now its even more important. feels more in line with the rest, and makes up some damage lost.
    • Steal Time: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds). Another good change
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its base impact damage reduced by roughly 33%. Fine
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its explosion damage reduced by roughly 60%. Still find worth using for the knockback + prone effects, it still hurts but not crazy damage like before. A big loss for pvpers. (as some noted there are graphics bugs right now)
    • Fanning the Flame: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .6 seconds). Cannot comment, did not use it much before
    • Fanning the Flame: This power has had its recharge time increased to 22 seconds (up from 15 seconds). Again unsure why single target/pvp needs to be nerf.
    • Arcane Singularity: Activation time increased to 2 seconds (up from 1 second). With the cap reduction, this is really unnecessary, it was a risky getting this thing going if you stood in the wrong spot whilst casting it, now it's going to be dangerous to get this spell off in tough situations.
    • Arcane Singularity: Now can affect up to 8 targets (down from 15). Fine to me, used for clearing packs which usually come in around 6-12. For dangerous groups which have more, singularity shouldn't be the end all solution, some boss mechanics do need to be taken into account however.
    • Oppressive Force: This power has had its overall damage reduced by roughly 9%. No problem, still a great daily.
    • Ice Knife: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from .93 seconds). Going to hurt PvP, when it's animation sound is very obvious anyway.
    • Furious Immolation: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 26%. Need to play around with this more
    • Eye of the Storm: This power now has an internal cooldown of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5). Worst change out of the whole list. This removes the feature from any practical use. If it needs to be changed, I suggest lowering the proc chance on one of its components, everyone hates ICD.
    • Wizard's Wrath: This feat now grants 1/2/3% area of effect damage (down from 2/4/6%). Fine
    • Arcane Enhancement: This feat now grants 1/2/3% more Arcane damage (down from 2/4/6%). Fine
    • Blighting Power: This feat now grants 2/4/6% more cold damage (down from 3/6/9%). Fine
    • Focused Wizardry: *REWORK* Single target Powers deal 2/4/6% more damage. This should be 4/8/12% or no one will take it.
    • Bitter Cold: *REWORK* Targets take 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack. From a self buff to a group buff. good.
    • Chilling Control (Paragon: Spellstorm): *REWORK* Sudden Storm now applies 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of Chill to targets hit by the primary strike. Not bad Gives it better synergy with the tree.
    • Twisting Immolation (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now dazes targets for .8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second(s)). Great change!
    • Cold Infusion: *REWORK* Foes deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage for 10 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack. Nice easily applicable ulitlity
    • Glacial Movement: Ray of Frost has a 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to apply an additional stack of Chill. Much needed PvP buff.
    • Alacrity: *REWORK* When you deal damage to foes affected by Chill you have a chance to reduce the cooldown on Icy Terrain and Entangling Force by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s). Hard to keep track of this, but seems to be working fine, (will post more if i find new info)
    • Controlled Momentum: *REWORK* After using a Control power nearby allies deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds. This effect does not stack. Great
    • Shatter Strike: *REWORK* When you freeze a target they are afflicted by Shattered for 10 seconds. Shattered foes have a chance when taking damage to be stunned for 5 seconds (1 second on players) and take up to 5% of their Max HP in damage (max 300% weapon damage). This effect consumes Shatter. Additionally, your control powers deal 100% of your weapon damage against control immune targets and Chill lasts 2.5 seconds longer. Simply amazing, too amazing. The 5 second stun is just too long and easily re-applied. Can solo practically any amount of CCable things, as well as chainstunning in pvp. Theres no issue of reapplying chill whilst they are stunned to refreeze them again. Enabling the ability to chain stun everything and anyone. Should be changed so you can only reapply chills when the duration of shatter ends.
    • Tempest Magic: This feat now grants 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) bonus damage while targets are below 30% HP. Nothing to say here
    • Malevolent Surge: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) and no longer stacks. This feat now lasts 15 seconds (up from 4). Nothing to say here
    • Snap Freeze: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15) bonus damage to your Cold At Wills and Encounters against foes who are not Chilled. Unneeded, was situational anyway
    • Destructive Wizardry (Paragon: Storm): This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/5/8/10%) bonus damage. This feat no longer requires you strike at least 2 targets, but now requires you charge Storm Pillar fully. This feat now lasts 20 seconds (up from 6). Much easier to use
    • Drifting Embers (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now has a 8/16/24/32/40% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to spread Smolder to targets. Still unsure how useful this could be
    • Far Spell: Now affects all Single Target powers rather than just Magic Missile and Chill Strike. Better
    • Frozen Power Transfer: This bonus now stacks up to a maximum of 3 stacks and is refreshed when you gain a new stack. Players will gain one stack for each target hit with the final strike of Chilling Cloud. This bonus now lasts 20 seconds (up from 8). Less RnG and more reliable buff. Good
    • Transcended Master: Shard of Endless Avalanche now gains 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage. Icy Rays now gains 2/4/5/8/10% bonus damage when cast on the same target twice and a .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s) shorter cooldown when used on two different targets. Don't think this needs a change at all with the Shard nerf, and Icy rays does not need its damage lowered.
    • Elemental Empowerment: *REWORK* Dealing Cold damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Creeping Frost. Creeping Frost deals 85% of your weapon damage as cold damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Dealing Arcane damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Warped Magics. Warped Magics deals 50% of your weapon damage as Arcane damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Warped Magics ignores half of a target's resistance. These effects do not stack. This does not work at all!
    • Assailing Force: *REWORK* Dealing damage to foes has a chance to grant you Assailant. When you have Assailant your next encounter power deals 10% of the target's max HP as unresistable damage (max 500% weapon damage). This will only affect one target when used in an AoE. Only works once on one target during combat. or some ICD of over 5 minutes and twice it did no damage. Cannot test this tree until these two are fixed, if it does have an ICD please remove it, this needs to be a proc chance or its going to be useless, has potential for pvp.
    • Reapers Touch: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage. Unneeded change, it's dangerous to try and get this passive to work and difficult to maintain.
    • Nightmare Wizardry: This feat now has a 1/2/3/4/5% chance (down from 4/8/12/16/20%) to grant you and allies combat advantage for 12 seconds (up from 4). Without eye of the storm, its uptime is around 20-24% (22% from my test) and alot harder to predict when and even if it goes off during a fight. This should not be changed to give renegade something to offer to the group, renegade offers little else.
    • Unrestrained Chaos (Paragon: Storm): This feat now has a chance to apply 6 stacks of Chill (up from 1) to a nearby target or to grant you full stacks of Arcane Mastery (up from 1) every second for 1/2/3/4/5. Maelstrom will not freeze foes. No comment
    • Arcane Burst (Paragon: Master of Flame): Each target hit by Scorching Burst has a 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 4/8/12/16/20%) chance to add a stack of Arcane Mastery. Not going to use sorching burst to apply arcane stacks anyway, a extra bonus when it procs but not terribly useful.
    • Phantasmal Destruction: When you deal Combat Advantage damage you have a 25% chance (down from 100%) to grant 3/6/9/12/15% Critical Severity for 6 seconds. Renegade was already lacking, Change this to a party buff
    • Energy Recovery: Now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) of your HP as Temp HP and .2/.4/.6/.8/1% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) Temp HP for each additional target hit. Don't think anyone will want to take this still, should change it to damage resistance for an XX duration.
    • Chilling Advantage: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% chance to Crit to all Encounter Powers (rather than Cold Powers). Not worth taking arcane presence over other features even with 5% crit, the 15% bonus will only apply to a few cold spells you have slotted.
    • Chaos Magic: *REWORK* Dealing Damage to targets has a chance to apply Chaos Magic to yourself. When you are affected by Chaos Magic you cannot be affected by a new Chaos Magic. You will be affected by Chaotic Growth, Chaotic Nexus, or Chaotic Fury.
      Chaotic Growth - Heal yourself for 200% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds. Add damage resistance to this also, this heal (and only self heal too) will only give you a good buff 2/3 of the time (the other two)
      Chaotic Nexus - You gain 5% additional Armor Penetration and Critical Chance for 10 seconds.

For those crying about thaum being nerfed too much, it is bugged right, but i wont ignore that it lost all its debuffs. I won't be doing further tests until the next patch comes.

Removing debuffs from wizard was the biggest change, oppressor right now has group buffs and CC. whilst renegade and thaum are left on the sidelines. As someone said before, it would be nice to have 3 trees that all offered something different and useful. control, damage or debuff.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Type: Feedback
    Oppressor cw: Change. Absolutely. Nothing. From what you've done here that is. Many are crying about the Thaum nerfs, but a whole new avenue has opened up for cws and it is glorious. Wizards can actually CONTROL again. Oppressor spec is absolutely amazing at the moment and a complete blast to play. I greatly enjoy doing what my class was supposed to be able to do! People have become stuck in the mentality that dps is all there is to the cw due to the lack of dev attention, but this rework is fantastic. I'd really like to see this oppressor spec become the new meta within the game. Actually controlling as a control wizard is so much fun and finally possible the the Oppressor changes. Please, besides fixing pvp, do nothing to this tree other than what you've done. It's stellar and the most fun I've had in awhile.

It also works in wonderful synergy with the MoF thaum/opp. The debuffs and roots make it a blast to play with others.
  • Options
    herbalawherbalaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please remove the Ray of Enfeeblement Nerf, long time CW's are used to dps'ing in teh range of 2nd and 3rd. But why Nerf the only skill that is not selfish...
    My Class is Warlock ... "The darkness holds no terror for me, demon! I curse you now under the Sign of Ill Omen!"
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    General
      Awesome
    Powers
    • Magic Missile (almost pure PvP power): The first two strikes can be chained together about 40% slower. The third strike of Magic Missile now takes 1.4 seconds to fire (up from 1.2).
      This is a pure PvP nerf. I don't have to tell you that CWs are already useless in PvP and that almost all end-game PvP CWs I knew (~14 out of 15) have either quit or switched to HR/GWF. Wanna see for yourself? Look at the Leaderboard. How many CWs can you spot? Any nerf that affects PvP should be canned.
    • Chilling Cloud (pure PvE power): The final strike of Chilling Cloud now takes 1 second to fire (down from 1.2). We all know CWs are op in PvE. Why would you "buff" a PvE power?

• Chill Strike (PvE and PvP power): This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second).
      Why would you nerf the activation time? This is not what makes the difference in PvE. High Vizier makes the difference in PvE. Actually, most PvE CWs who go for pure PvE builds go for very low Recovery, because not even cooldown matters. With High Vizier the damage is so high that any "pack" of mobs dies before you get to the second rotation. In PvP, on the other hand, this is a huge nerf. Since it's a dodgeable power, it will be easier to spot the activation. Very bad choice here!
    • Chill Strike (PvE and PvP power): This power has had its recharge time increased to 15 seconds (up from 13 seconds).
      Bad for PvP (another nerf even though the CWs are already in an extremely terrible place), but since it's a very powerful power in PvE, this choice is understandable.
    • Conduit of Ice (pure PvE): This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .98 seconds).
      Good choice.
      Why would you buff a pure PvE power?
      Good choice.
    • Entangling Force (pure PvP power): This power's damage over time component now ticks every .5 seconds (down from every .65 seconds).
      Good choice. Buffing a PvP power.
    • Entangling Force: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from 1 second).
      Bad choice. Pure PvP nerf.
    • Entangling Force: This power has had its total base damage reduced by about 10% overall.
      Extremely bad choice. Pure PvP nerf.
    • Icy Terrain (pure PvE power): This power now ticks every 1 second (down from every 1.3 seconds).
      Very bad choice! Buffing a pure PvE power.
    • Sudden Storm pure PvE: This power has had its recharge time increased to 14 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
      Good choice. Nerfing a pure PvE power.
      Good choice. Nerfing a pure PvE power.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement pure PvP or boss (single target): This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .9 seconds).
      Extremely bad choice. The op CW is the one dealing too much damage to a huge number of mobs at the same time. This power, on the other hand, is only useful in boss fights or PvP. In PvP, it's crucially important. Unacceptable PvP nerf.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power has had its recharge time increased to 18 seconds (up from 14).
      Extremely bad! Pure PvP nerf.
      Same as the other ones! Extremely bad choice!
    • Steal Time pure PvE: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 65%.
      This may be the 2nd worst choice you could've made. Steal Time is the main (!!!) PvE power that makes CWs OP. Nerfing it by 65% would be a good choice. Just terrible. No words left.
    • Steal Time: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds).
      No words left. Terrible. Just unbelievable. It's like saying, instead of removing the prone from Frontline Surge, "the Frontline Surge's prone now lasts 7.5 seconds instead of 2".
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche very powerful PvE power, also PvP power: This power has had its base impact damage reduced by roughly 33%.
      Since CW in PvP is broken and absolutely not viable, I don't think this change will make a big difference. CWs running this power on PvP don't deal any significant damage.
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its explosion damage reduced by roughly 60%.
      Same as before.
    • Arcane Singularity pure PvE: Activation time increased to 2 seconds (up from 1 second).
      Good choice.
      Good choice.
    • Oppressive Force PvP and PvE power: This power has had its overall damage reduced by roughly 9%.
      Although a PvP nerf, it might help balance out the CW in PvE.
    • Ice Knife pure PvP, rarely boss: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from .93 seconds).
      Very bad choice. Same argument as with Chill Strike. Won't make a difference in PvE, will make a huge difference in PvP since it's dodgeable.
    • Eye of the Storm: This power now has an internal cooldown of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5).
      This will fundamentally change the class. It will change it so much that all existing PvP builds will become void. Is this change necesarry? I don't think so. This will not make a big difference in PvE. One of the biggest reasons why CW is OP in PvE is High Vizier. The Eye of the Storm change will break all the existing builds. As for myself as a player who has been playing since early beta, nerfs and buffs came and went, and CWs had to adjust their build a lot. But I think this change will be too much for me. From all my tests so far, removing this power will make CW not only not viable in PvP, it will completely render the class useless.

As for the feats, I will have to test them. But there's one thing I can say for sure: overall, the changes are terrible when it comes to PvP. And all my comments ignore the Eye of the Storm change. As someone who enjoys mainly PvP a wizard/sorcerer/any spell class, I do not see myself able to create a viable Neverwinter CW build with that change.

Someone has mentioned it before: why do you keep breaking everything, always going way over the top? Just fix what's necessary. 95 % of all the imbalances in this game would be gone if you just:

- Nerfed the High Vizier set.
    - Nerfed Steal Time.
    - Nerfed Shard of Endless Avalanche (the non-spell mastery version of it only!).
    (The OP PvE CW problems would be gone here!)
    - Made HR sets and powers obey Healing Depression.
    - Fixed Roar.
    - Nerfed permastealth TRs.
    - Buffed TR single target damage.
    - And the GF buffs you worked out.

That's it. It would be that easy! Instead of doing it like this, you decide to bring out a completely new game that will obviously not be balanced. All builds CWs worked on since beta will be destroyed, leaving CW in the worst spot for PvP, even a much worse spot than GFs were in all these months since Tenacity.
  • Options
    zigm4zigm4 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Powers
    • Magic Missile: The first two strikes can be chained together about 40% slower. The third strike of Magic Missile now takes 1.4 seconds to fire (up from 1.2). have to be test, but all at-wills of the CW are weaker than other classes.
    • Chilling Cloud: The final strike of Chilling Cloud now takes 1 second to fire (down from 1.2). this skill was preatty slow for pvp, i think could be more used on pvp now but.. don¿t know
    • Scorching Burst: This power now benefits more from being charged. The bonus from charging has been improved by roughly 50%. I'm a spellstorm so no clue
    • Chill Strike: This power has had its recharge time increased to 15 seconds (up from 13 seconds).this skill will be almost useless now, on pvp was really slow to cast, it is easy to doge and now not only is slower have a increase DC, Question: were is the Control upgrade here?
    • Conduit of Ice: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .98 seconds).
    • Conduit of Ice: This power has had its damage reduced by roughly 33%. these 3 change make the conduit of Ice useless for pvp, frist at all is a skill wich already have a lower damage if you add the tenasity to the combo you got a skill wich don't do nothing and leve you with you guard down for 1.5 sec. the only use for this skill is for thaum CW but with the rework have no use at all for any kind of CW
    • Entangling Force: This power has had its total base damage reduced by about 10% overall.these 3 change are confusing... first change you upgrade the damage, second it seem ok if were a real exchange, third you nerf the damage... I'm ok with a overall damage reduction for this skill, never was the intended idea... but were is the good part of these 3 change... down damage, slow the cast (for a classes wich the slower casting time after the GF. will be last longer the CC? will be add chill, will be give more arcane mastery stacks? or just nerf it
    • Icy Terrain: This power now ticks every 1 second (down from every 1.3 seconds).can't complain but... quicker ticks quicker chill build
    • Sudden Storm: This power has had its recharge time increased to 14 seconds (up from 10 seconds).
    • Sudden Storm: This power has had its base damage reduced by roughly 33%have to be tested
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .9 seconds).
    • Ray of Enfeeblement: Allies no longer benefit from this debuff.now these change are absolute contradictory to all the changes you are doing... 1st you down the damage of preaty much all encounter of the CW and so the CW no will have to play as a buffer/debuffer character but you do the debuff can't be used for the allies that have no sense
    • Steal Time: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 18 seconds (down from 22 seconds).Have to be tested
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its base impact damage reduced by roughly 33%.
    • Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power has had its explosion damage reduced by roughly 60%.first the skill is really slow to cast and control, it go away without harmful effects if sneeze on you, and now deal less damage for free, at least make build arcane mastery faster, increase the explotion area, make it daze the foe on the are of explotion.
    • Fanning the Flame: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .6 seconds).
    • Fanning the Flame: This power has had its recharge time increased to 22 seconds (up from 15 seconds).do not know
    • Arcane Singularity: Activation time increased to 2 seconds (up from 1 second).
    • Arcane Singularity: Now can affect up to 8 targets (down from 15).on pvp it seem ok you will cast on a "safe location" just to be sure, on pve have no sense, why put so many mob the arcane singularity is an utility daily wich allow your teammates hit them with their area enconter/at-will more easy
    • Oppressive Force: This power has had its overall damage reduced by roughly 9%.
    • Ice Knife: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from .93 seconds).Ice knife it easy to doge the 1.2 sec of cast make it easier to doge and no exchange for that so..
    • Furious Immolation: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 26%.don't know
    • Eye of the Storm: This power now has an internal cooldown of 90 seconds. Base Duration increased to 4 seconds (up from 2). Duration increase per rank increased to 1 (up from .5).with this nerf you make an entire paragon pass useless the only thing wich pay you the paragon was this class feature, the other 2 class feature are realy bad, storm fury have a realy close range, deal no damage and you have to have less than half of you hp wich is really bad esenario for you, the other class feature is ok but there are other class feature more useful before level 30 so is jus keep the warm sit for eye of the stomr until you get 60, suddent storm have the same problem they are a lot of more useful encounter to pick, the at-will is really bad for a channelling at-will have a really really small area of effect, chilling cloud hace the same area on the 3 strike and you don't have to channellig for 3 sec.. the effect last 3 sec on rank 3 the other at-will are far more efective, useful than his skill, and the spellstorm is bad or worse is slow for cast, have a tiny are, deal a normal damage but is too easy to doge even you dont need stamina to doge it... and now you add the only class feature that make the CW player keep this paragon away will be no spellstorm on a close future have no good motive to folow this paragon is simple a waste power point do it.
    • Wizard's Wrath: This feat now grants 1/2/3% area of effect damage (down from 2/4/6%).
    • Arcane Enhancement: This feat now grants 1/2/3% more Arcane damage (down from 2/4/6%).
    • Blighting Power: This feat now grants 2/4/6% more cold damage (down from 3/6/9%).
    • Focused Wizardry: *REWORK* Single target Powers deal 2/4/6% more damage.all just damage nerf nothing in exchange
    • Bitter Cold: *REWORK* Targets take 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack.it a good one at least make it useful for the party members
    • Chilling Control (Paragon: Spellstorm): *REWORK* Sudden Storm now applies 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of Chill to targets hit by the primary strike.don't use it so don't know
    • Twisting Immolation (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now dazes targets for .8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second(s)).same there
    • Cold Infusion: *REWORK* Foes deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage for 10 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack.don't sure if there is a real change here
    • Glacial Movement: Ray of Frost has a 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to apply an additional stack of Chill.it good but it the at-will already build chill up to 6 never understand this feat
    • Alacrity: *REWORK* When you deal damage to foes affected by Chill you have a chance to reduce the cooldown on Icy Terrain and Entangling Force by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s).have sense you have less chanse to kill a foe so it ok
    • Controlled Momentum: *REWORK* After using a Control power nearby allies deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds. This effect does not stack.it ok you deal less overal damage but at least you buff your partners
    • Shatter Strike: *REWORK* When you freeze a target they are afflicted by Shattered for 10 seconds. Shattered foes have a chance when taking damage to be stunned for 5 seconds (1 second on players) and take up to 5% of their Max HP in damage (max 300% weapon damage). This effect consumes Shatter. Additionally, your control powers deal 100% of your weapon damage against control immune targets and Chill lasts 2.5 seconds longer.this paragon feat path need something like that so it's ok
    • Tempest Magic: This feat now grants 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) bonus damage while targets are below 30% HP.it was a feat you have to take only because you need 5 point on the paragon feat to keep going
    • Malevolent Surge: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) and no longer stacks. This feat now lasts 15 seconds (up from 4). so it last 11 sec more but have a 83% less damage it was a pve feat and now is not a good one
    • Snap Freeze: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15) bonus damage to your Cold At Wills and Encounters against foes who are not Chilled.
    • Destructive Wizardry (Paragon: Storm): This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/5/8/10%) bonus damage. This feat no longer requires you strike at least 2 targets, but now requires you charge Storm Pillar fully. This feat now lasts 20 seconds (up from 6). it a good change (with the other feat t2 exchange. beyond that I don't like the at-will but is a good exchange
    • Drifting Embers (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now has a 8/16/24/32/40% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to spread Smolder to targets.
    • Far Spell: Now affects all Single Target powers rather than just Magic Missile and Chill Strike.I like it
    • Frozen Power Transfer: This bonus now stacks up to a maximum of 3 stacks and is refreshed when you gain a new stack. Players will gain one stack for each target hit with the final strike of Chilling Cloud. This bonus now lasts 20 seconds (up from 8).it's ok
    • Transcended Master: Shard of Endless Avalanche now gains 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage. Icy Rays now gains 2/4/5/8/10% bonus damage when cast on the same target twice and a .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s) shorter cooldown when used on two different targets.it oks less damage but more frecuency
    • Elemental Empowerment: *REWORK* Dealing Cold damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Creeping Frost. Creeping Frost deals 85% of your weapon damage as cold damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Dealing Arcane damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Warped Magics. Warped Magics deals 50% of your weapon damage as Arcane damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Warped Magics ignores half of a target's resistance. These effects do not stack.like it, you give away the 100% chanse but have a damage buff it a good exchange
    • Assailing Force: *REWORK* Dealing damage to foes has a chance to grant you Assailant. When you have Assailant your next encounter power deals 10% of the target's max HP as unresistable damage (max 500% weapon damage). This will only affect one target when used in an AoE.give away a debuff for a damage buff seem ok not much party cooperation but at least seem a fair exchange
    • Reapers Touch: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage.on the overall paragon feat path it seem fair
    • Nightmare Wizardry: This feat now has a 1/2/3/4/5% chance (down from 4/8/12/16/20%) to grant you and allies combat advantage for 12 seconds (up from 4).increase duration decrees frecuency seem ok
    • Unrestrained Chaos (Paragon: Storm): This feat now has a chance to apply 6 stacks of Chill (up from 1) to a nearby target or to grant you full stacks of Arcane Mastery (up from 1) every second for 1/2/3/4/5. Maelstrom will not freeze foes.don't understand 6 skacks of chill mean freezed foe... so why do not freeze foe? but seem a fair exchange
    • Arcane Burst (Paragon: Master of Flame): Each target hit by Scorching Burst has a 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 4/8/12/16/20%) chance to add a stack of Arcane Mastery.
    • Phantasmal Destruction: When you deal Combat Advantage damage you have a 25% chance (down from 100%) to grant 3/6/9/12/15% Critical Severity for 6 seconds.on the overal exchange seem fair
    • Energy Recovery: Now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) of your HP as Temp HP and .2/.4/.6/.8/1% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) Temp HP for each additional target hit.look nice
    • Chilling Advantage: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% chance to Crit to all Encounter Powers (rather than Cold Powers).make more usefull chilling touch I like it
      Chaotic Growth - Heal yourself for 200% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds.don't understan give you a total of 2000% weapon damage seem great, will be missed the area heal wasn't much heal but give tactic advantage
      Chaotic Nexus - You gain 5% additional Armor Penetration and Critical Chance for 10 seconds.I don't know what to say about that seem ok but it is far more useful and tactic the previus chotic nexus
      Chaotic Fury - You gain gain 10% additional Power and Lifesteal for 10 seconds.seem ok, the effect of the other vercion were far more tactical and were more for your teammate than you (at least you were a CW wich figth 20ft from the GWF/GF wich no many CW do) so it really a change wich need to be tested

These are my feedback or my first impretion about the coming change
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Type: Feedback
    Oppressor cw: Change. Absolutely. Nothing. From what you've done here that is. Many are crying about the Thaum nerfs, but a whole new avenue has opened up for cws and it is glorious. Wizards can actually CONTROL again. Oppressor spec is absolutely amazing at the moment and a complete blast to play. I greatly enjoy doing what my class was supposed to be able to do! People have become stuck in the mentality that dps is all there is to the cw due to the lack of dev attention, but this rework is fantastic. I'd really like to see this oppressor spec become the new meta within the game. Actually controlling as a control wizard is so much fun and finally possible the the Oppressor changes. Please, besides fixing pvp, do nothing to this tree other than what you've done. It's stellar and the most fun I've had in awhile.

It also works in wonderful synergy with the MoF thaum/opp. The debuffs and roots make it a blast to play with others.

I'm waiting for my preview shard to patch (4.8 GB, so it'll be a while lol) and now I can't wait to check the new & improved Oppressor tree out for myself. My CW's 100% PvE and I wouldn't mind doing less damage so long as I can still control the adds.

But CW's should still be able to do decent damage if they choose to, PvE or PvP, and hopefully they'll ease up at least a bit on the damage nerfs.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really? Every pve nerf listed is seen as a beautiful thing but as soon as it strays into pvp territory it's suddenly a monstrosity? Cws are great in pve because of the dungeon design and a few overpowered spells. The multitude of adds complement our high target caps and aoe powers. it's supposed to be that way.

I do agree that some of our powers need to be brought back into line. They're way too strong. However, in order to complement those nerfs, buffs are required. It's called balance. So viewing any pve buff as harmful is ridiculous when you consider the current playstyle of cws is now obsolete. Just because you prefer pvp does not mean pve deserves to be shot in the face with nerfs and pvp powers glorified. PvE is regularly broken because of pvp. It's a bit amusing to see some pve changes change pvp and the outcry against them.
    meldan3n wrote: »
    General
    [/LIST]

As for the feats, I will have to test them. But there's one thing I can say for sure: overall, the changes are terrible when it comes to PvP. And all my comments ignore the Eye of the Storm change. As someone who enjoys mainly PvP a wizard/sorcerer/any spell class, I do not see myself able to create a viable Neverwinter CW build with that change.

Someone has mentioned it before: why do you keep breaking everything, always going way over the top? Just fix what's necessary. 95 % of all the imbalances in this game would be gone if you just:

- Nerfed the High Vizier set.
    - Nerfed Steal Time.
    - Nerfed Shard of Endless Avalanche (the non-spell mastery version of it only!).
    (The OP PvE CW problems would be gone here!)
    - Made HR sets and powers obey Healing Depression.
    - Fixed Roar.
    - Nerfed permastealth TRs.
    - Buffed TR single target damage.
    - And the GF buffs you worked out.

They did nerf shard, quite heavily btw. High Vizier needs no nerf as it's the only viable PvE armor unless they get rid of shadowweaver's ICD which is unlikely. Magelord is just terrible. So you would have them strip the pve cw bare for the sake of pvp? A bit much, that is. Steal Time needed no nerf before as it was eh as a control power and didn't do hot damage. Now with shard gone and the cw moving more towards control than damage, we need something up our sleeve to hit hard. Sudden storm and shard nerf take away our hardest hitting spells. So it would be cool if we could have some punch and that's what the ST buff gives us.

The cw's role should not be to do absolute massive amounts of damage. It should be control. If you respec to an oppressor, they've done a fantastic rework that enables that playstyle. This is what cryptic has really wanted all along. A control wizard that can actually control and not just flatten everything with massive burst damage.

How about you try changing your playstyle? people have already figured out the oppressor cws are AMAZING in pvp with all that control. No doubt it will be nerfed (again, making a class worse thanks to pvp, oh joy), but the fact is that it is so good that it stands to be nerfed.

Cws have been hit hard in the past with nerfs and adapted past it. This etos nerf along with the others is a wake up call to how the cw was meant to be played. Go ahead and try oppressor before it's nerfed. If you spec right and understand how to root and freeze, you'll enjoy it
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    General
    • Armor Penetration should now correctly work on all powers. Great news
    Powers
    • Magic Missile: The first two strikes can be chained together about 40% slower. The third strike of Magic Missile now takes 1.4 seconds to fire (up from 1.2).
    • Chilling Cloud: The final strike of Chilling Cloud now takes 1 second to fire (down from 1.2).
    • Scorching Burst: This power now benefits more from being charged. The bonus from charging has been improved by roughly 50%.
    • Icy Terrain: This power now ticks every 1 second (down from every 1.3 seconds).
    • Fanning the Flame: This power has had its recharge time increased to 22 seconds (up from 15 seconds).
    • Ice Knife: This power now takes 1.2 seconds to fire (up from .93 seconds).
    • Furious Immolation: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 26%.

Most of these changes in terms of damage were more or less expected when a CW rework was mentioned. But why have the controlling abilities not been improved. Tabbed Entangling force needs a marked improvement. Arcane singularity capped at 8 seems like a problem. Maybe a huge problem, especially at lower levels and Gear scores. I am sure people will find ways to adapt to it, but the question here is-was this necessary? Hopefully our good friends testing on the preview shards can report back with some good feedback (I don't get enough game time for it to be possible to play on both live and preview..so I will just pick the easy option here and wait for others to test this for us..Thanks in advance, to the testers)
    • Focused Wizardry: *REWORK* Single target Powers deal 2/4/6% more damage.
    • Bitter Cold: *REWORK* Targets take 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack.
    • Chilling Control (Paragon: Spellstorm): *REWORK* Sudden Storm now applies 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of Chill to targets hit by the primary strike.
    • Twisting Immolation (Paragon: Master of Flame): This feat now dazes targets for .8/1.6/2.4/3.2/4 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second(s)).
    • Cold Infusion: *REWORK* Foes deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage for 10 seconds after being affected by Chill. This effect does not stack.
    • Glacial Movement: Ray of Frost has a 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) chance to apply an additional stack of Chill.
    • Alacrity: *REWORK* When you deal damage to foes affected by Chill you have a chance to reduce the cooldown on Icy Terrain and Entangling Force by .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s).
    • Controlled Momentum: *REWORK* After using a Control power nearby allies deal 1/2/3/4/5% more damage for 6 seconds. This effect does not stack.
    • Shatter Strike: *REWORK* When you freeze a target they are afflicted by Shattered for 10 seconds. Shattered foes have a chance when taking damage to be stunned for 5 seconds (1 second on players) and take up to 5% of their Max HP in damage (max 300% weapon damage). This effect consumes Shatter. Additionally, your control powers deal 100% of your weapon damage against control immune targets and Chill lasts 2.5 seconds longer.

Great. Changes to Oppressor tree make it a bit more appealing now.

• Tempest Magic: This feat now grants 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) bonus damage while targets are below 30% HP.
    • Malevolent Surge: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/6/8/10%) and no longer stacks. This feat now lasts 15 seconds (up from 4).
    • Destructive Wizardry (Paragon: Storm): This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (down from 2/4/5/8/10%) bonus damage. This feat no longer requires you strike at least 2 targets, but now requires you charge Storm Pillar fully. This feat now lasts 20 seconds (up from 6).
    • Far Spell: Now affects all Single Target powers rather than just Magic Missile and Chill Strike.
    • Frozen Power Transfer: This bonus now stacks up to a maximum of 3 stacks and is refreshed when you gain a new stack. Players will gain one stack for each target hit with the final strike of Chilling Cloud. This bonus now lasts 20 seconds (up from 8).
    • Transcended Master: Shard of Endless Avalanche now gains 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage. Icy Rays now gains 2/4/5/8/10% bonus damage when cast on the same target twice and a .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 second(s) shorter cooldown when used on two different targets.
    • Elemental Empowerment: *REWORK* Dealing Cold damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Creeping Frost. Creeping Frost deals 85% of your weapon damage as cold damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Dealing Arcane damage has a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to apply Warped Magics. Warped Magics deals 50% of your weapon damage as Arcane damage every 3 seconds for 18 seconds. Warped Magics ignores half of a target's resistance. These effects do not stack.
    • Assailing Force: *REWORK* Dealing damage to foes has a chance to grant you Assailant. When you have Assailant your next encounter power deals 10% of the target's max HP as unresistable damage (max 500% weapon damage). This will only affect one target when used in an AoE.

Expected changes to CW damage. But was the change to Assailing force necessary? Wondering if the 4 set HV bonus should have been reworked instead of this (or am I missing something and that is reworked as well).
    • Reapers Touch: This feat now grants 2/4/6/8/10% (down from 3/6/9/12/15%) bonus damage.
    • Nightmare Wizardry: This feat now has a 1/2/3/4/5% chance (down from 4/8/12/16/20%) to grant you and allies combat advantage for 12 seconds (up from 4).
    • Unrestrained Chaos (Paragon: Storm): This feat now has a chance to apply 6 stacks of Chill (up from 1) to a nearby target or to grant you full stacks of Arcane Mastery (up from 1) every second for 1/2/3/4/5. Maelstrom will not freeze foes.
    • Phantasmal Destruction: When you deal Combat Advantage damage you have a 25% chance (down from 100%) to grant 3/6/9/12/15% Critical Severity for 6 seconds.
    • Energy Recovery: Now grants 1/2/3/4/5% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) of your HP as Temp HP and .2/.4/.6/.8/1% (up from .15/.3/.45/.6/.75%) Temp HP for each additional target hit.
    • Chilling Advantage: This feat now grants 1/2/3/4/5% chance to Crit to all Encounter Powers (rather than Cold Powers).
      Chaotic Growth - Heal yourself for 200% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds.

Chaos magic rework seems interesting. Will need testing to indicate how effective it will be on live.

Comments above in blue. Overall, most of the damage changes, there was fair warning that this was imminent. Whether they were necessary to the extent that is indicated Or uncalled for, we can debate on a separate thread (preferably..since you wouldn't want a Dev's thread to be closed by the mods. And of course, I am just kidding). However, we were hoping for CWs to gain a bit more control than what is being indicated in the OP. And the Arcane Singularity nerf is quite disappointing (hoping you will reconsider capping it at 12, at least or adding additional hold time or stuns). Folks on Preview, please keep us updated on the results of these changes. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.