What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    tripurantakatripurantaka Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    More PTS testing: the shieldstamina depletes so fast (Icespire, trolls and goblins), that now I'm forced to put in the tray the low-level, "vanilla" Tide of Iron for trying to compensate it somehow ("Recovers 10% of your stamina"), canceling my choice for Threatening Rush. What I mean is that these changes (or shieldstamina, the most serious of them) reduce my range of choices. There could be more ways of actively recovering or gaining stamina while fighting.

Also, I think that placing there again the blocking, clashing sounds and effects (like the little visual knock back at big strikes) still present at the live server, is doable even with this sort of shield ruled by stamina.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    More PTS testing: Also, I think that placing there again the blocking, clashing sounds and effects (like the little visual knock back at big strikes) still present at the live server, is doable even with this sort of shield ruled by stamina.

This has been fixed locally and will be returning before this goes live!
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this was for PVP or PVE. But - in PVP there are some people are seeming to be REALLY good at taking us out. I am not sure if it is a skill thing, or they are just using moves that slice through our block. Guarded Assault seems to work really well some fights, and do literally nothing other fights.

Solo PvE. I was messing around with the ACT tool and noticed 23% of my damage was from "Guarded Assault: flank". I was largely just blocking and using Enforced Threat and Into the Fray. I'm still new to the ACT tool so wasn't sure whether flank meant Combat Advantage (CA) but checking in game showed a lot of CA damage pop-ups.

For clarification:
    Should the marked target granting CA apply only to allies or to the GF as well?
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Solo PvE. I was messing around with the ACT tool and noticed 23% of my damage was from "Guarded Assault: flank". I was largely just blocking and using Enforced Threat and Into the Fray. I'm still new to the ACT tool so wasn't sure whether flank meant Combat Advantage (CA) but checking in game showed a lot of CA damage pop-ups.

For clarification:
    Should the marked target granting CA apply only to allies or to the GF as well?

That should apply to you as well. And does. So yay!

And Flanked does indeed mean CA :)
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    anyword on when guarded assault is going to proc weapon enchantments crush? since your around responding i thought i'd ask
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anyword on when guarded assault is going to proc weapon enchantments crush? since your around responding i thought i'd ask

After looking at the construction of the various powers involved it is unlikely they will be able to activate weapon enchantments until a whole rework happens on the enchantment side. Sorry guys. You will have to make do with spreading your capstone feat and distracting shield.
  • Options
    xjosh19xjosh19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @Crush I would like to know what is the though process behind the Conqueror and Protector capstone activations? Why Conqueror (DPS spec) should wait for someone to hit him to have more dmg and in the other side why Protector (tanking spec) should have to attack (having low dps) to proc the debuff? Shouldn't they both activated on the same way, doing damage, or just be the other way around.

Conqueror = Attack to do more DMG
    Protector = Tank to debuff

Some reasoning would be clarifying on this matter.

Thanks in advance for all the hard work you guys are doing to improve this class!
  • Options
    xjosh19xjosh19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If that's the issue just make it so both work the same way, doing damage. As it is right now we don't have control over our damage this way in PVP, PVE should be quite easy.
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    xjosh19 wrote: »
    If that's the issue just make it so both work the same way, doing damage. As it is right now we don't have control over our damage this way in PVP, PVE should be quite easy.

actually that would work really well
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, so I just ran the new 13k dungeon a few time with all the paths of the Iron Vanguard tree. And I gotta say, I had the MOST fun with Protector. Iron Warrior + Protector Feats + a few other boons and such = unlimited guard for 8 seconds while using Knight's Valor + Guarded Assault! Hands down, the most fun I've have in PvE. Please don't nerf the current preview server Guarded Assault. It's soo good for PvE!!!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Can we at least get CC immunity during the animation? I cannot tell you, how many time I hit VM last night in Kessel's while tanking 2 beholders, and 2 Golems and Kessel only to hear it go off yet I'm in a CC and still have full AP! Please Speed it up? or give the animation CC immunity so I can get it off without hitting it 3-4 times in a row...
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Can we at least get CC immunity during the animation? I cannot tell you, how many time I hit VM last night in Kessel's while tanking 2 beholders, and 2 Golems and Kessel only to hear it go off yet I'm in a CC and still have full AP! Please Speed it up? or give the animation CC immunity so I can get it off without hitting it 3-4 times in a row...

^ This. It goes double for PVP, far as interruptions go VM is even worse than unstoppable
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After looking at the construction of the various powers involved it is unlikely they will be able to activate weapon enchantments until a whole rework happens on the enchantment side. Sorry guys. You will have to make do with spreading your capstone feat and distracting shield.

Feedback: That's very disappointing... I mean, can we at least try it out? We can't really tell if it'll be OP or not without testing. Guarded Assault is sure to not hit for obscene amounts anymore so I'm not sure what'll be so OP with Guarded Assault proc-ing Weapon Enchantments.

And I agree with xjosh19's post. Would it be possible to have Protector's capstone feat to activate upon getting hit, and Conqueror to activate upon striking a target? As they are right now they don't make much sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Feedback: That's very disappointing... I mean, can we at least try it out? We can't really tell if it'll be OP or not without testing. Guarded Assault is sure to not hit for obscene amounts anymore so I'm not sure what'll be so OP with Guarded Assault proc-ing Weapon Enchantments.

And I agree with xjosh19's post. Would it be possible to have Protector's capstone feat to activate upon getting hit, and Conqueror to activate upon striking a target? As they are right now they don't make much sense.

I thought of this as using Guarded Assault against a TR with Bile would be a great counter to Perma's...

• Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    General question

What is Block/Guard supposed to Protect i.e Angle / Frontal 180/240 ? or more

I had assumed it was supposed to protect almost 240 but from doing a few PVP matches and Volleys of 5-7 adds seems i was wrong was wondering if this is intended to protect only frontal etc
  • Options
    edited July 2014

It isn't actually a balance issue. The way the powers themselves are constructed means that unless every weapon enchant gets an under the hood rebuild (not even changing their player facing functionality) they wont be able to work with Guarded Assault. And that isn't something we have time for right now. When we do get to them however they will start working, so never fear. This isn't a "No, never" this is a "Not right now".
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It isn't actually a balance issue. The way the powers themselves are constructed means that unless every weapon enchant gets an under the hood rebuild (not even changing their player facing functionality) they wont be able to work with Guarded Assault. And that isn't something we have time for right now. When we do get to them however they will start working, so never fear. This isn't a "No, never" this is a "Not right now".

Thanks Crush for the feedback on this, I know I was disappointed to hear this for this module.

Any word on what you are thinking for Reckless Attacker if it will get any further changes?
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

It's the interaction with feats/boons/skills that disable the procing of weapon enhancement with Guarded Assualt right?

I agree, that it shouldn't make a lot of damage, but you should think HOW this high 300k damage happen. I really want to see how many damage you done with your other skills. Because 300k is something i never meet in a normal hit from a mob. 15% --> Outgoing damage was 2M?! Okay if we factor in +damage bonus, that can go up to +100% --> 1M outgoing damage. This isn't possible too. KC? --> double the damage of the mob --> 500k Outgoing? No. Double damage from you - this can be canceled as you done - so --> 250k Outgoing? This is still to high. So HOW can you explain me this happen? Because of many debuffs! And then you Q.Q about that?! Doing damage skills over 80k+ is okay, but doing it with an passive is false? I can accept, that it doesn't benefit from +damage bonus. But hardcapping it at max health from your health is ridiculous! I meet easy mobs that hit between 40-80k and then it go through their defense too. In PVP it's a worthless feat - a) through Defense of your opponent and b) through tenecity and c) through they doesn't hit so hard. I would suggest that it ignore defense - because the enemy itself is the damage source. Does this would solve the issue with -%DR powers give it a huge damage level?(because ignoring powers doesn't benefit from -%DR?)
    On top of this: Can Shield master up the damage reflected by Guarded Assault by +20%/+40%+/+60%/+80%/+100% while the damage of Guarded Assault get toned down to 5%/+2.5%/+2.5%? So this make Guarded Assault a more Protector passive due their lack of damage? Can this be considered?

Knight Valor:
    I can't test it good. But if the descritpion is right, then it make the Brawling Warrior Passive worthless for it. Really?! +10% DR for each rank? SORRY NO NEVER EVER! Conquerer +20% DR while Protector get the asskick. What's the point to be a more defensive GF if this up your DR with
    20%! The +5% from brawling is then nothing, due most time hardcap. Especially in the relation x+20%+5% >>x+5%. This bonus must be canceled!
    I would rather suggest to make it a base 40% of the damage that your ally receive is intercepted by you with KV.
    +5% intercepted damage. Brawling warrior grant double the bonus each rank KV give AND +5% DR on top of it! THEN it would be a REAL PROTECTOR FEAT!

Aggraving Strike:
    Because block run down while using this, it limit its use. So can we get, that the block drain is stopped for 0.5s or so after an aggraving strike so i can use Aggraving Strike without being forced out like before? If not, the Balanced Shield Fighter feat get less effective - due less stab hits during block time!

Griffon Wrath:
    Deal a bit to many damage. W/ and w/o feated version. Killing an opponent at ~50% health with 3 hits is a bit over the top aren't?

Anvil of Doom:
    BUG: In PvP it miss the opponent often and go on CD.

Into the Fray:
    Tone it down to 40%/+10%/+10% of the DR for it. Then the Feat Inspiring Leader increase Into the Fray effectiveness/buff by +20%/+40%/+60%/+80%/+100% and additional +2%/+4%/+6%/+8%/+10% damage for the party.

This make Into the Fray a bit less powerful, while keeping it good for Tactician.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    15% Guarded Assault is great! We had 3% before...... I will NOT complain at 15% as thats a decent amount now and make the passive useful! Making it reflect 20-80% is way out in OP land! Its a great way to create threat while blocking and proccing other talents in the process just for blocking damage.

I may even respec back to IV now as thats really nice.

• Options
    daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm really impressed Crush with the changes and direction of the GF so far think there's a few balancing issues but on the whole really appreciate the class getting this much attention that was long overdue.

One question...Crush or anyone else on preview (game still wont let me in and no response to my ticket side-issue) has there been a change to allow the GF to either heal via a potion or get heals from a DC while Blocking? I read this discussed prior to this thread being created and wanted a heads up?
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    feedback
    Steel grace does not mitigate control effect duration from a control wizard when they are using orb of imposition class feature.
  • Options
    imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just got done playing around in IWD open PVP, and I gotta say, there is something amiss when fighting CWs. I don't know if this is intended, but not one of their control powers was able to be blocked by my shield. Maybe it is just me, but I figure SOMETHING should be blocked... On top of that, their capstone feat assailing force just WRECKED me. I know this isn't the CW feedback thread, but the fact that I can't mitigate the damage from this feat is crazy. If I didn't have my shield up I would have taken some 10+ hits, which seems off, since it is supposed to be 15% of my max HP (which is about 40k on preview) Given my math might be off a bit here, but shouldn't that be closer to, I don't know, 6k tops? Sure, he may have had some sort of damage bonus on it, but that seems wrong no matter what.

On the positive, with my new rotation on preview I was able to keep up with a sentinal 1v1 with pretty reliable results. More testing is needed, but I do really like all the passive damage I am seeing now. I know they are gonna scale back a bit on guarded assault, but for PVP at least it seems right about where it should be.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG: Tab Mark is only giving 8% damage increase not 20%

Your Lunging Strike deals 5329 (4934) Physical Damage to Dread Protector = 8% increase
    Your Anvil of Doom deals 8611 (7973) Physical Damage to Dread Protector = 8% increase

Dread Protector was TAB Marked, no offer buffs/debuffs applied.

I don't know what happened to my previous post but in reply to aryoux yes this is on the test server and not live hence why I posted it in this forum. So since you said it should give 20% I have posted it as a bug.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did some testing with Guarded Assault and I find it actually a bit too powerful as a generic tool if coupled with an already offensive build (and a must-have on most builds?). I suggest toning it down to 3/6/9% and doubling it with Protector's capstone (that is really subpar compared to other updated capstones) for a max 18% damage on a Protector build (or 4/8/12% with 50% capstone bonus, that is the same).

This way it won't be useless as before, still viable with an offensive setup but really excellent on a defensive build.
  • Options
    sukulazzsukulazz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug

When using Threatening Rush and trying to block in the middle of the animation (and before hitting a target) a reanimation of Threatening Rush occurs consistently. I have noticed that this reanimation bug has been occurring since at least Mod 2. Is there a way to finally fix this?

• Options
    g4rfunkleg4rfunkle Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Knight's Valor (Cosmetic Feedback)

It appears that Knight's valor puts its effect on an imaginary follower companion. Enclosed is a screenshot of an invisible companion getting the knight's valor buff.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BUG: At Wills (including the ones with shield up) and Griffons Wrath occasionally strike twice with only one activation/press

This problem is very annoying since GW can miss and results in the loss of two charges, and it makes getting out of AOE difficult, since when the red circles appears the GF will attack again when I didn't press the mouse button or encounter key, and I cannot move until it is finished, and then it is too late.

It doesn't always happen and only seems to happen when in combat, but it happens pretty much during every mob encounter. Bug DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAINST TEST DUMMIES or without an attacking target.

I did a respec and didn't set any feats/boons and removed all my companions just in case one of those was causing this bug, and it still happens although not as much.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sukulazz wrote: »
    Bug

When using Threatening Rush and trying to block in the middle of the animation (and before hitting a target) a reanimation of Threatening Rush occurs consistently. I have noticed that this reanimation bug has been occurring since at least Mod 2. Is there a way to finally fix this?

Think this is probably related to the same thing I have just reported. After using Threatening Rush if it activates twice I get pulled back to the mob when I am trying to escape an AOE.

It is really annoying and makes you look like an idiot in groups, like you just stand around in red circles for the sake of it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I did some testing with Guarded Assault and I find it actually a bit too powerful as a generic tool if coupled with an already offensive build (and a must-have on most builds?). I suggest toning it down to 3/6/9% and doubling it with Protector's capstone (that is really subpar compared to other updated capstones) for a max 18% damage on a Protector build (or 4/8/12% with 50% capstone bonus, that is the same).

This way it won't be useless as before, still viable with an offensive setup but really excellent on a defensive build.

Guarded Assault was getting damage bonuses when it shouldn't have been. This wasn't as noticeable before (increasing a small number could still keep it within the variance swing) but is now quite obvious. You should only reflect the amount relevant to what you took which should not be boosted by damage bonuses. It can still be resisted however. It will be potent, but not 350k potent :). Also it is being clamped to no more than 15% of your max HP which should prevent the massive reflect cases without making the power worthless on high damage targets.
  • Options
    imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    g4rfunkle wrote: »
    Knight's Valor (Cosmetic Feedback)

It appears that Knight's valor puts its effect on an imaginary follower companion. Enclosed is a screenshot of an invisible companion getting the knight's valor buff.

That is probably your Ioun stone. The companion is invisible, normally, but it is there even though it looks like it is floating around your head.