Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    tripurantakatripurantaka Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ctf4void wrote: »
    I was just at the preview server and someone called the stamina-guard "butter guard", which is quite the fitting name. I miss the metallic loud sound when attacks hit the shield and big attacks could even push the GF a bit back. Those things transported the idea of a GF clashing intensely with an opponent really well!. They were a major part of making the GF class beeing fun to me.

But of course all that has to be sacrifed for the stamina guard. (. . .)

Very much agreed.

I call it Shieldstamina; now that I think about it, sounds fitting having in account the absurd mix of concepts in the way a shield block should work. But don't get me wrong, I'm not against Butter Guard.

I've continued playing in the preview server, and nor me nor the Wizard I'm guarding likes the results; we like much, much better how it is in the live server right now, without Shieldstamina.

Also, this is not directly related with the Block dynamics: while it's easy to mark enemies (like Frost Goblins, Trolls), it's very difficult to pick their attention for "tanking" successfully.
  • Options
    durgabhairavidurgabhairavi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Coming from this thread, I dislike very much such a distortion in the Block dynamics. Guardian Fighters are much better right now at the live server, if only because they can use a shield properly.
    Also, this is not directly related with the Block dynamics: while it's easy to mark enemies (like Frost Goblins, Trolls), it's very difficult to pick their attention for "tanking" successfully.

Playing at the preview server, I also noticed this.
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We will get higher threat generation because they intend to make enhanced mark better. This is already in effect at the preview server. (I would have prefered a little bit less buff to enhanced mark and therefore a bit more buff to our general threat generation, but that might be a bit like cherry picking and I am not going to oppose anyone who wants enhanced mark as it is now at the preview server).

By the way, while it is in general easy to mark targets, this actually can require some practice in some cases: Try marking adds in SP at the last boss that spawn between you and the boss, or try to mark and pull every single add and fight&kite them without letting the adds attack any teammate once. There is your challenge regarding mark ;)

Oh, and if you instant-kill ALL adds when the last platform segment breaks without any help from any other teammember, then you know that you love your GF :)
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Bug
    Guarded Asssault
    this skill does not proc weapon enchants still, i was under the impression that crush stated it would

Block bug
    block is still breaking, on some testing in IWD in Opvp block would be at full stamina blue bar then halfway through a fight it would start flashing red while still haveing full stamina, only time i could recreate this was fighting a HR and being in thornward.
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug
    Guarded Asssault
    this skill does not proc weapon enchants still, i was under the impression that crush stated it would

Block bug
    block is still breaking, on some testing in IWD in Opvp block would be at full stamina blue bar then halfway through a fight it would start flashing red while still haveing full stamina, only time i could recreate this was fighting a HR and being in thornward.

Second that - guard is showing as broken randomly. I forgot to parse if it's actually broke. I was able to make a "perma-Block" setup, but it would just turn red despite constant Slams and Iron Warrior, etc.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Done some test i was happy to see the results .
    In dungeons GF is super awesome must have in all pt i enoyed all time of my dung run i wish we have this on live this makes this class realy fun to pay and feel usefull agan.

Bug:
    Sadly i find out somthing is wrong with my shild its broken realy fast and i dont know why. If i got much hit in one time he reacted same like in live mili sec broken and i still got the dmg cuz its block only 80% idk why but this happened to me a lot (but i need lot more testing to figure it out why i cant always reproduce this effect).

1 vs 1 VS CW i was dead no matter what i used or whar gear or build -
    1 vs 1 VS HR i was dead no matter what i used or whar gear or build (ps and the HR was alway full hp & i dont have dot dps)-
    1 vs 1 VS TR i have a little chance but still bad from 5 try i killed it twice(ofc perma) -
    1 vs 1 VS GWF finaly i killed it any time no matter what he have done-
    1 vs 1 VS DC he dont even have a chance-
    1 vs 1 VS SW joke he can do nothing to avoid her death he was faster dead then any other char-

All in one i am realy happy :).
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BUG:So finaly i figured it out the problem is with BI dmg .
    I run some dungen runs and the block was fine but after i go back to IWD the mobs instand depleated my guard i think this bug have serius issue with Black Ice DMG.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bug
    Guarded Asssault

Block bug

Not with all enchants with vorpal worked fine.
  • Options
    shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Knight's Valor x2-5
    Knight's Valor with more than one GF, lets you share the dmg between each other multiple time, leading to ~1400 hit with Knight's Valor for ~400 incoming hits

Bug:Into The Fray doesn't profit from Knight's Valor with Brawling Warrior
    Into The Fray only gives 60% with Knight's Valor on/off even though Brawling Warrior should increase Damage Resistance by 5%
    Base DR means AC + Defense + Personal Passives (feats, boons, etc).

i think the current block duration is to long, in particular when you go not into the protector tree
    more
  • Options
    avertyoureyessavertyoureyess Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This may not be the place to post this. My apologies if it is not.

Bug: GF stance Behavior
    My GF, and some others I have come across in zone, seem to have a problem where they consistently (every15 seconds or so) jump into combat stance. This occurs while standing still and even while riding a mount. While mildly annoying its not game breaking....however recently I went to Icewind Dale where the behavior seems more pronounced. I have found that if I am running during combat this stance behavior stops you from running. I have come across three other GFs in zone who had a similar problem. While three others in zone is not particular a ton of people, we all had similiar issues. Has this behavior been repaired or addressed?

Thank you for your time and attention to GFs Gentlemancrush. All your effort is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can we have both powers able to be activated while running, just like Knights Valor? It may improve the GFs mobility a bit more (its not a total issue to me, but still).

Also, can we have a more 'fluid' animation on Crushing Surge? It always seemed to me that the GF was trying to perform some awkward dancing moves, for some reason...

IMO, the GF still moves too fast with the Guard up. With the right stuff, i feel like a 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle' moving around.

Bug: Anvil of Doom
    If u cast the power whilst jumping on a medium or small sized enemy, it goes on cooldown, but no hit and dmg is applied to target. It works fine in bigger targets.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This may not be the place to post this. My apologies if it is not.

Bug: GF stance Behavior
    My GF, and some others I have come across in zone, seem to have a problem where they consistently (every15 seconds or so) jump into combat stance. This occurs while standing still and even while riding a mount. While mildly annoying its not game breaking....however recently I went to Icewind Dale where the behavior seems more pronounced. I have found that if I am running during combat this stance behavior stops you from running. I have come across three other GFs in zone who had a similar problem. While three others in zone is not particular a ton of people, we all had similiar issues. Has this behavior been repaired or addressed?
    This is an old bug with the "Fey Thistle" boon from Sharandar. But he "stop from running" thingy seems new.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    - an example would be say you make block a 20k equiv and max for any hit would be 5k. Well if you stack stamina gain, this MAY end up making you far too tanky. Its seems like such a small fine "line" like this would make stam regen WAY too strong, along with gear like Profound (30% more) which would give you an extra 6k block? It just seems either too good or too bad and would REALLY hinge upon feats/gear on which side of the fence that fell (basically horrible unless feated enough then its too good).

- I dont dislike the guard meter (I tested it last night) however I dont think things are working as intended (like Guarded Assault not proccing weapon enchants) and I would also like the block SOUND to return so you feel like your blocking damage.

Here is my proposition to Crush.

Make block LIKE the new CW Shield when in Mastery. What that looks like is this:

R3 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 65%, Unstable 2: 50%

But for GFs, we would not have "Unstable 1". What it would be is 80% block (like we have now) when we have guard meter, but once guard meter is gone (red) the effectiveness only works 50%. This would allow GFs to feel alot more tanky - even if block runs dry.

I TOO would like to see skills like Into the Fray have a "non cast time" meaning its an instant effect. Part of this power is being a group utility for 8 seconds. When you have to stop to cast, it kinda defeats the purpose.

So far I really like alot of these changes. I havnt tested but I want to make sure that block DOES indeed block ALL sources of damage - I.E. Thorn Ward AND when we slot Guarded Assault it would reflect 15% back to the HR correct?
  • Options
    tripurantakatripurantaka Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ctf4void wrote: »
    I miss the metallic loud sound when attacks hit the shield and big attacks could even push the GF a bit back. Those things transported the idea of a GF clashing intensely with an opponent really well![/COLOR]. They were a major part of making the GF class beeing fun to me.

But of course all that has to be sacrifed for the stamina guard.

What you are saying here has nothing to do with numbers and values but, directly affecting gameplay experience, is very important to me as well.

By the way, the BLOCKED message we have in the live server, similar to the DODGED message of the other classes, isn't there anymore with the shieldstamina. I suspect this is due to the fact that letting pass through 20% damage of each attack, we Guardian Fighters don't truly BLOCK - not even the clashing sound is present anymore -, but rather we diminish the suffered impact.
  • Options
    velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG: GRIT
    Immediately removes itself after about 1 second or less, when applied by Crushing Surge.
    11.jpg
  • Options
    velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG: Armor Specialization - T2 Heroic Feat.
    Still seems to do nothing. I unequipped and requipped my armor, still nothing.
    11.jpg
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to say, i didn't read trough all posts here.

My main problem with the GF is always one thing, if we kite, we get the most punishment from the back. Now i would like to see a change that would give us a shield thing, that keeps our back a bit free. It would be nice, if we had something like the GWFs (Unstoppable or Restoring Strike), that would give us something back, like life steal or really effective regen, like TRs and HRs have, 'cause we don't always have a DC at hand or it can be that the DC cares more about the main DPSers, because they are more important, considering the end of the fight.

Or wait i know better, just give us some perma stuff. Joking.

Oh yeah and i agree with a few posts above mine, please make our powers more usable, by letting them activate, while we move. Currently many of them are pretty useless, 'cause if i use them i have to stay still and it breaks the flow in kiting or i get knocked down.

THX!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So... I'm not sure if this is working as intended and needs to be adjusted, or if there is a bug in here somewhere.

Anyway, played around on test with a defensive spec and I feel the new guard is WAY to powerful. I've put a link to a youtube video of me at the bottom fighting some stuff and I almost never run out of guard meter, don't use pots, or use dailies.

Here is a screenshot that you can see in the log window I take a crit for 14763 damage and resist 96% of it and take 590 damage.

FD63ED96A872E82EA30FF74A92AE16965622B19B

Very odd if you ask me.

I've attached a zipped text file of the combat log for the youtube video to this post, and the video is here:

http://youtu.be/vr_079N-Hi8
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feedback-Suggestions:
    I tested the new changes in the new area of mod 4,vs the green dragon.

New RA Capstone:
    Still i find an issue the five hits in order for the new RA capstone to get in full effect.Since in pve adds hit with slow animations ,it is usually after 2-3 secs or even more after you enter a fight that you have the full 5 stacks.
    Can we have 3 stacks of 9% more damage and 3% more critical for a total of 27% more damage 9% more critical?

Griffon's Wrath:Great!! ;)

Terrifying Impact and Menacing Impact feat:
    I think that since Villan's Meance is getting increased range with that feat ,can terrifying Impact also get a more wider cone of effect as you invest in this daily?
    TE is great of PVE.It is one of the few AoE Swordmaster paragon GF have.However it has such a small AOE that makes it really difficult to use.You have to osition your self almost perfect.

Crushing Pin:
    The duration is far too low .3 secs is just another swing for a GF .And for the party sometimes only a few of the party members will hit a crushing pin effected target.Can we made it 4 secs?

• Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    isojourner wrote: »
    BUG: Armor Specialization - T2 Heroic Feat.
    Still seems to do nothing. I unequipped and requipped my armor, still nothing.

I've tested it. It does do exactly what it says it does. It just doesn't say so on your Character Sheet. Specifically, it multiplies DR from Defense and AC by 1.05/1.10/1.15.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Yeah, you are speced specifically for this, and you are sacrificing alot to do it so, seems pretty balanced to me *shrug*

Agreed. In order to get a high block regen GF, you sacrifice all 3 of your encounter slots and get absolutely zero DPS encounters. Not sure what's so wrong with it. A GF should feel tanky, and there are a multitude of ways to bypass the GF's Guard such as attacking from behind. It just means people will have to be smarter as to how they'll fight the GF in PVP, and in PVE they'll bring zero DPS potential.

Iron Warrior is also not recommended to slot in PVE as you need Enforced Threat, Knight's Valor and Into the Fray to be of use, post-Mod 4.

- It feels like the GF is finally where it should be. I felt very tanky as a tank should be. It's the GF I've always wished it would be. Although, would it be possible to get rid of the Guard UI? It's very distracting specially when it turns red without it not really breaking. It would be better if the guard meter was replaced with a regular stamina meter since guard IS technically stamina-based now, right? And would it also be possible to return the metallic clanking sound block plays whenever we block attacks?

- I love the added utility this Class Feature can now bring to the table for us GFs. Tested it and it goes so well with how I play my tank. Thanks for giving it its much needed buff! I just can't wait to see it proc-ing weapon enchantments the nextg time we test it. :)

- Again, thanks for fixing how reflect was working against some attacks. It was awfully annoying how my gold swords would strike the ground instead of the opponent who created the floor-based DoT. But would it also be possible to model Supremacy of Steel to behave like Guarded Assault? I like how Guarded Assault factors the true, raw base damage we take. Supremacy of Steel doesn't seem to be doing this. :\

- Tried them out a while back. I was using a protector spec and found that I REALLY felt like a protector this time. I like how I was able to shield my allies from harm via Knight's Valor with its revamped mechanic, while Into the Fray made me feel like a leader that inspired my allies to fight harder. I may not be able to provide some DPS, but the buffs I was able to bring to the table made me feel very useful.

- Tested them extensively and I love how I can give my allies AP by getting struck, while when I used the Protector spec, I was able to reduce the amount of outgoing damage my foes dealt to me and my allies. These reworks are just awesome, devs.

Overall, I'm positive that these changes will finally give the GFs the attention they have been lacking since Beta. These changes make me feel like a true Guardian, and not just some tank.
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK

Guarded assault: dont proc weapon enchantment, damage is ok.

AP gain somehow seems much slower when blocking than before, i may be wrong on this one it just felt like it.

Block: some CW powers pass CC resistance when blocking-need more testing to name them. (not a CW specialist :P)

Iron warrior: animation on this has to change to be usefull, it seems like a great choice for reflector build, cuz u can have block whole time but srsly that animation so sooooo slow + u have to stand still and lower ur block for 2 sec, and in those 2 sec u get cc and iron warior gets interupted. Suggestion: fast activation while being able to move, or slow animation standing but being able to block during the cast.

Knights valor: its great but i think it should have a range so u dont intercept damage on those party members who are far away.

Overall changes are great with few bad things i listed, GJ!
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Block feedback

Ap gain while blocking is horrendous as some hits I block do not even give any ap most of ap gen comes from encounters and at wills at much more consistent rate.(I have 40% plus ap gain)

Block has an odd delay on preview maybe it is just me but there is some kind of lag or delay as I sometimes feel when I have block up yet I am taking full hits.

Some pve mob skills still go through block like the polar bear rider charge or else see comment above which is the more plausible reason for this occurrence.

Also there is a strange bug where stamina will not drain but you still take full damage and cc through block.

I have not run into the issue of block breaking as It seems to resolve the issue for the majority you buffed the old mechanic or our guard to take a huge amount of hits (so you multiplied the amount of hp being given to the old guard to prevent guard break).
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    bug block

these skill still pass through our cc immune block making us only semi cc immune
    1. strong grasping roots/weak grasping roots
    2.Icy Rays
    3.ray of frost(which may actually be WAI not sure kinda doesnt make any sence if were suppose to be cc immune)
    4. on occasion Shard of avalanche
    more testing needs to be done but these are at the top of my list as the more annoying ones passing through cc immunity while blocking.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    into the fray is over buffed atm i would like to see utilly on other gf skills then to have so much on into the fray
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The changes seem to do good for the entire class; Crushing Surge just looks a bit awkward on Preview. And like others said, there are still powers who bypass the control immunity of Block.
    More testing is needed, though.

And the problem of the Guard gauge under the HP gauge was that it still follows the rules of the old Block mechanics, it depletes from hits also. (I wrote in past tense as I did not pay attention yesterday but found out this odd behaviour before the last patch.)
    Iron Warrior is also not recommended to slot in PVE as you need Enforced Threat, Knight's Valor and Into the Fray to be of use, post-Mod 4 ...

Are you sure? As far as I used it, it is useful to perfection Threat holding and to add even more defensive capabilities in dire situations, like in other situations Knight's Valour is better; but if I were using often Weapon Master's Strike and Cleave in a run, Iron Warrior would enhance my Threat gain for the attacks, no?
    Apart from this, I think they want to give way for alternatives for Encounter powers and if this Encounter combo were so powerful, it would get likely changed again.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

4. on occasion Shard of avalanche
    (This is only a guess) That might happen if the shard explodes behind you since block is directional.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    Are you sure? As far as I used it, it is useful to perfection Threat holding and to add even more defensive capabilities in dire situations, like in other situations Knight's Valour is better; but if I were using often Weapon Master's Strike and Cleave in a run, Iron Warrior would enhance my Threat gain for the attacks, no?
    Apart from this, I think they want to give way for alternatives for Encounter powers and if this Encounter combo were so powerful, it would get likely changed again.

Nope, not really sure. I'm honestly torn as I LOVE the 200% Threat boost, the massive boost in AP, and the immense 75% guard meter recovery. But if you try to think of how Mark now works once Mod 4 hits, wouldn't you say that a 20 mob hard taunt roughly every 10 seconds is more useful to a party than a 200% threat boost? This is just how I'm picturing things, however, as I'm using a build that banks on damage immunity.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG: BLOCK IGNORED BY DRAGON WING FLAP

I have been on Castle Never on Preview Shard and the dragon's wing buffet attack ignore blocks like it used to do on live until a recent fix. Please make sure you stop this before it makes live, thanks!
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's a list of stuff that bypasses control immunities on Live - they probably bypass it in the new block system that is based on basic CC immunity rather than block

Hellthorn Golem Explode
    Totemist Voodoo Disable
    Plaguechanged Maw ranged attack
    Plague Reaver charge attack
    Karrundax' fireball attack
    Kalos Tam AoE stun/daze
    Tal'gath the Watcher's red circle AoE (the throwback one)
    All of Rhazzad's attacks
    Ethraniev Marrowslake sword attack
    Chartilifax' circle AoE breath attack
    Obsidian Golem's Self-Destruct
    Knight Commander's Prone attack
    Remorhaz burrow attack
    GF's Terrifying Impact
    TR's Dazing Strike (momentarily interrupts target)
    GF's Lunging Strike (feated, momentarily interrupts target)

panderus stated last year that certain attacks were supposed to ignore Control Immunity to some extent (Dragon Wing Buffet)