test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140520a.5

Comments

• Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    BTW servers are up - I am going to go have a lie-down, its going to be a rough day in game, I can tell....
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    k ty for the clarification whether or not the rest of the purchasable gear would be a completion reward or not. I was hoping :).. I havent had as much time in game as i used too, limiting me on time to mine the ore. Looks like I'm gonna have to focus more on running around smackin the pick.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seriously? No more coalecent trade? You can t change somthing so core to the god anm mechanic of the game like that. Boxes and keys are supposed to be an OPTIONAL benefit for the gameplay. Do you think adding this will make more people pay, or less people play? This game is a scam, and the devs have this dishonest behaviour.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    BTW servers are up - I am going to go have a lie-down, its going to be a rough day in game, I can tell....

LOLZ I gotta wait till i get home from work..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    the HR black ice bow supposedly drops from the epic encounters in Dwarven Valley, but I have yet to see it, nor any other HR black ice items from them.

I actually got my HR's bow in Icewind Pass, I think from that one Prospector encounter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nps2nps2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time."

Horrible and totally unneeded change. What was the thinking/reason for this? This just makes it a pain in the *** to run dailies and constantly having to open up the inventory window and discard all the junk there instead of actually getting something from it. Was getting 1 silver from it really affecting the economy/game? I guess you are encouraging us to run dailies simply for the fun of the grind. You might as well make all mobs post 60 drop nothing except rares and above because it makes absolutely no sense to ID any greens at that level to sell and this would at least make inventory management a little easier and quit filling up my screen with totally useless items now. As for the invocation nerf, thanks for that. It makes it even harder to suffer through grinding dailies. Overall I think you should just call this patch "The nerf patch" or "How can we make this game less fun to play patch."
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I actually got my HR's bow in Icewind Pass, I think from that one Prospector encounter.
    Interesting... TY for letting me know! I will start trying that epic encounter then for it.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Interesting... TY for letting me know! I will start trying that epic encounter then for it.

I'm sorry I don't remember exactly which heroic it was, as I did quite a variety of them, though no more than a couple of times on each. It dropped for me long before I could open Dwarven Valley though.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited May 2014
    nps2 wrote: »
    "The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time."

Horrible and totally unneeded change. What was the thinking/reason for this? This just makes it a pain in the *** to run dailies and constantly having to open up the inventory window and discard all the junk there instead of actually getting something from it. Was getting 1 silver from it really affecting the economy/game? I guess you are encouraging us to run dailies simply for the fun of the grind. You might as well make all mobs post 60 drop nothing except rares and above because it makes absolutely no sense to ID any greens at that level to sell and this would at least make inventory management a little easier and quit filling up my screen with totally useless items now. As for the invocation nerf, thanks for that. It makes it even harder to suffer through grinding dailies. Overall I think you should just call this patch "The nerf patch" or "How can we make this game less fun to play patch."

100% Agreed +1
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nps2 wrote: »
    Was getting 1 silver from it really affecting the economy/game?

No, but people not being strained on bag space without buying more bags or using a Catalogue artifact most certainly was.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Based on what I have read in this thread, they may have increased the 7 day coal ward drop rate. I found 2 this week in my 7 day boxes on my 9 chars i have that i invoke on. They were separate toons on different days, so not a lucky rng rut, but pretty lucky none the less. I hope it returns to the former pre-mod2 rate where i was averaging 1 a week. I hope the t-bar rate goes back to the old numbers as well to compensate. The thing is while these are bound items, the items you create are not, so people will still make items to sell with them.

I do picture some guy from marketing saying 'But we need to sell more coal wards on the zen market to make this graph match our predicted results!' and I personally will not pay 10 dollars for a coal ward ever, however, make them cost 300 zen and I would buy several a month, like profession packs... sometimes when items do not sell at the rate you expect, you need to examine the value to price point. Truth be told, the difference between a lesser and normal enchant or normal and greater is not all that great. Zen and ad could be spent in different ways to see a better roi for performance on a toon. And for a causal player like myself, with altitis, simply not worth the investment.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    well I have done many Rem epic encounters and only seen the HR gloves as I posted earlier (5 total). so that only leaves Protect the prospectors and PVP Epic encounter (which I have done several times as well with no luck on the bow or any other Epic gear) which was clarified only gloves and main hands are rewards. I will keep trying and see what happens..

If anyone else has received the HR Black Ice bow from an encounter, could you please post which one it was please? It's the last Item I need to complete the full set to be crafted when I reach rank 3 Black ice Profession.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The purple drops are not based on a specific encounter, any purple encounters can drop what your looking for, and on extremely rare occasions so can the blue ones, but purples are a better bet.

BTW I just invoked before my lie-down and zone chat is burning up worse then the threads are, as I said, its going to be a LONG day....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Raid the Raiders is another one that's worth doing. (I know for absolutely sure that I got a troll bone from it once.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited May 2014
    Coal Ward changes = Game Killer, way to go devs your getting greedy and upsetting your players, there are other games for us to play you know.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    Err...nothing to see here....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    Hmm... why did the Mod locked the C ward discussion thread and direct people to post it in the preview section? This C ward change is live now right?

yeah, I PMed him about it.

(Edit: Uh oh, we discussed the moderation. Take cover! She's gonna blow!)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    intoxicatedknighintoxicatedknigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    its like they are telling the players either pay cash for everything or F*** you. as i recall this was not what cryptic said when they developed this game ,, they should log in and read zone chat right now ,, people are .. well ooh the forbidden quitting word ,, if they want to save thier *** they better revert the ward and wonderous bazaar thing.
    ~Angus BullGod - Swordmaster GWF~
    ~Vladimar Zul - Fury build SW ~
    ~Takadump onzcrapper - Iron vangaurd GF~
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Based on what I have read in this thread, they may have increased the 7 day coal ward drop rate. I found 2 this week in my 7 day boxes on my 9 chars i have that i invoke on.

I do picture some guy from marketing saying 'But we need to sell more coal wards on the zen market to make this graph match our predicted results!' and I personally will not pay 10 dollars for a coal ward ever, however, make them cost 300 zen and I would buy several a month,

God I hope so, because I have received a grand total of 1 coal ward from the 7-day boxes, and that is with 3 characters.

No way I would pay 10 dollars for one either, hell I thought they were expensive when they were 200k AD on the AH. Considering the number of these things you need to get the higher level enchantments, not to mention weapon/armor enhancements they should drop a hell of a lot more often than they do
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cyn5 wrote: »
    Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

I don't get this......why on earth would you do this? It's bad enough that you cut the drop rate of getting them with the coffers to almost nothing but now when you do buy keys and get enough bars to actually get one (which by the way takes way too many bars), now the people who can actually get them can't even sell or trade them? This is one of the most discouraging things yet.

Because of one thing and one thing only:

NW is PAY TO WIN.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The sad thing is I was saying last night that this mornings patch was likely going to contain this Coalescent Ward nerf; I hate being right.

Fun Fact: Did you know that just the Wards needed to realistically make a Perfect Enchantment are valued at 140$ by Cryptic?

Fun Fact: Did you know, that with just one character, the time needed to refine enough Astral Diamonds simply to purchase the wards for a Perfect Enchantment is 292 days?

Strange Fact: People will claim both of the above are fine and dandy because a 1% chance is still a chance; and you can play the market instead of the game to gear up?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    Because of one thing and one thing only:

NW is PAY TO WIN.

It's because it's cheaper to reduce the # of players than it is to fix the lag and drawing issues.
  • Options
    pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why are most of the people here are blaming the Devs for the Cward/Pward changes? That stupid idea came from the marketing group or whatever they are called, Devs have nothing to do with that, it's a clear money making decision. In case you didn't knew, posting those thing here (the QQing) won't make things go back the way it was, they won't change it back, although I would love that. So don't waste your time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm sorry I don't remember exactly which heroic it was, as I did quite a variety of them, though no more than a couple of times on each. It dropped for me long before I could open Dwarven Valley though.

Prospectors Attack is the one that drops the mainhand. GL finding folks to do it now. I think the server is going to be a ghosttown after this patch.....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Why are most of the people here are blaming the Devs for the Cward/Pward changes? That stupid idea came from the marketing group or whatever they are called, Devs have nothing to do with that, it's a clear money making decision. In case you didn't knew, posting those thing here (the QQing) won't make things go back the way it was, they won't change it back, although I would love that. So don't waste your time.

You need to vote with your wallet. It's simple. Don't log in and don't pony up the $.
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can someone explain to me why the hell I can't even finish the patch? I restarted the patcher because it seemed to be stuck and now no matter what I do I am stuck at 10 MB/294 MB (3%) for the last 40 minutes and it doesn't look like it's going to move any time soon.
    (Yes, before you ask, I don't have firewall blocking it)

Is there a way for a manual patch?
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You don't ****ing need that many cward for a perfect. If you use a cward instead of a preservation whenever your probability is more than 1% you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Drama queens that cry about the change of cward are bad at math or just cheap *** who wants everything for free.

Sorry for my english
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You don't ****ing need that many cward for a perfect. If you use a cward instead of a preservation whenever your probability is more than 1% you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Drama queens that cry about the change of cward are bad at math or just cheap *** who wants everything for free.

Sorry for my english

Eh, all weapon and armor enchants are 1% all the way up so I'm not exactly sure what you're on about. It does take 15 coalescent wards to make a perfect (now). Even starting with lessers made by someone else, you need 7 and the lessers you bought were still made with coal wards from somewhere.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Eh, all weapon and armor enchants are 1% all the way up so I'm not exactly sure what you're on about. It does take 15 coalescent wards to make a perfect (now). Even starting with lessers made by someone else, you need 7 and the lessers you bought were still made with coal wards from somewhere.

You are right, and I should check before I talk :(
This discussion has been closed.