test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140520a.5

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Character

Hat of the Pirate Host no longer removes a characters hair.
Reduced clipping issues on many male Devoted Cleric helmets for both Dwarves and Half-Orcs.

Content and Environment

Artifact Recovery: Adjusted the position of some of the encounters on the outside portion of this quest.
Caer-Konig: The Black Ice gear mannequins now slightly better names to tell what set they are from.
Dread Vault and Spellplague Cavern final bosses drop a single item instead of multiple.

Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

Icewind Dale: Instance completion perk is no longer looking for Dread Ring missions. It now completes properly on Biggrin's Rest and Need for Mead.

Icewind Dale: Instruments of Vengeance: Golem activation credit now given while in a party.
Icewind Dale: Some heroic encounters will no longer give participation to players who may not have actually participated under some situations.

Icewind Pass: A Grim Warning no longer has a helmet that can be reclaimed multiple times in a row.
Protector's Enclave: Pardon our dust elementals while we undergo some renovation of the Grand Emporium.

Enemies

Icewind Dale: Adventurers have had their names and groups adjusted to be more clear what side they are on.

Gateway

Fixed a text color issue that could cause some text to not be visible, such as some Zen Market item descriptions.

Inventory now lists Black Ice, Raw Black Ice and Companion Upgrade Tokens in the Riches section.

Items and Economy

Artifact: Shard of Valindra's Crown can no longer be interrupted once activated.

Artifact: Black Ice Beholder artifact now has its cooldown properly reduced on higher qualities.

Frozen Crystal Lockbox: The amount of tokens that come from the Companion Fortification Kit is now 30 up from 1.

Invocation: Cache of Dread Ring Treasures: Now only gives 1 Thayan Cipher, down from 3.

PVP Artifact Packs are now correctly bind on pickup.

Skirmishes: Completing a skirmish during the bonus event hour consistently rewards Rough Astral Diamonds again.

Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

The amount of Black Ice awarded from the Black Ice Domination PvP Heroic Encounter has been increased.

User Interface

Leaderboards now only look at Domination kills, deaths and assists instead of from anywhere such as Open PvP.

Purchasing additional character slots from the character select window now works properly without needing to reopen the game client.

Salvaging: Black Ice items will properly show how much Black Ice they award instead of showing "0 Rough Astral Diamonds".

The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time.

Known Issue

Black Ice gear resistance may not properly update until changing maps. Additionally, it is possible to queue for Kessel’s Retreat and be removed from the queue if you die.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Let's say i got all 3 seals for the banner artifacts and i got rid of them . Why shouldn't i be able to buy it with 40 k glory ? The description says that in order to buy copies of those banners i need to get a cache.Where in the description does it say anything about opening / equipping it ?
    Plus Devs responded that they are gonna fix Gfws roar issues . Any pvp changes during this patch ?
  • Options
    whitechimneyswhitechimneys Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance

Does removed ALL drops mean that Black Ice Gloves and Main Hand no longer drop ??
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time."

Mr. Fribble and his 11 Party members are not pleased with this at all. This is bad.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    pedyapedya Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The issue with eternally bugged rewards from PvP campaign due to bags being full at the time of pressing "claim" button still remains. :/
  • Options
    nemesaonemesao Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I cant undersdant a reason to do this:

"The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time."

Anyone or just me?
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does removed ALL drops mean that Black Ice Gloves and Main Hand no longer drop ??

Those are rewards for encounter completes not drops, this is effecting the consumable, equipment and coins that drop when you kill mobs, its suppose to correct the fact once enough stuff is lying on the ground that the other players and mobs start vanishing from site due to draw limits
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nemesao wrote: »

Anyone or just me?

It is to make people have to take the time to travel to vendors to sell instead of just staying in an area indefinetly, didn't say it was a good reason, but it is a reason.....

In reality I think its a way to make the Aurora Whole Realm Catalog artifact worth something, since that shop keeper is still summonable anywhere. The artifact had very little use up till now since you could just click on the Bazaar button to sell from the field. It is the least chosen artifact from the original quest, and has very low AD value on the AH since there was no real need of it.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nemesao wrote: »

Anyone or just me?

Hint: Buy bags. =(
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    kalkgravenkalkgraven Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Character

Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

i dont get this? forcing players to buy keys now?
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Granted, there wasn't even time for people's reactions to preview patch notes yesterday to sink in, but let me reiterate that this is an incredibly bad, foolish move that has so far caused nothing but bad blood, and it isn't even up yet. Personally, I've barely been logging on since IWD went live due to dissatisfaction with the module, this is... Very close to the last straw. The last two weeks of no zen store sales haven't helped either. I can't think of a reason for this other than sheer corporate greed, since it's pretty much a huge 'screw you' to the playerbase.

Starting to regret getting the Feywild pack recently. But then I didn't anticipate that PWE would screw its playerbase over this badly and this obviously.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kalkgraven wrote: »

No - those items were set as Bind to Character, limiting their use (in my game at least). Now they will be Bind to Account which allows you to use your shared bank slots to share with your other toons.
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Frozen Crystal Lockbox: The amount of tokens that come from the Companion Fortification Kit is now 30 up from 1."

WUUUUUUUAT ?!

I claim compensation for that!!! SRSLY!!!

I got this dang 1 ONE token out of ~30 boxes. And you say that it was a fault?! Oh god, you must be kidding me. Check our accounts and double the reward. Please.

Or give us one free companion upgrade.
  • Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    maicakat wrote: »
    No - those items were set as Bind to Character, limiting their use. Now they will be Bind to Account which allows you to use your shared bank slots to share with your other toons.
    No, the wards from the tradebars were not bound at all, which meant they could be traded freely.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Leaderboards now only look at Domination kills, deaths and assists instead of from anywhere such as Open PvP.

This is a pretty good indication that wins and losses are not factored into the leaderboard standings at all.

Kind of sucks because it encourages people to be killstealing nobs and never contest points. If you contest a point against multiple people, you'll help your team win but you'll lose leaderboard standing.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    kalkgraven wrote: »

Something like that, I blame the Box spammers, those guys that open 100 boxes at a time and get all the purples then sell them on the AH, they are also getting tons of Tradebars, buying Coal wards, and selling them also.....at least I think that was the intention behind this change....the reality of it is going to make the price for higher level enchants go through the roof and pretty much make it impossible for new players to compete in the end game without spending a lot of money in the Zen Market
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    maicakat wrote: »
    No - those items were set as Bind to Character, limiting their use (in my game at least). Now they will be Bind to Account which allows you to use your shared bank slots to share with your other toons.

Not correct Mai, those were always unbound, they were the only way to get sellable coal wards after the change to the invoke boxes besides investing in Lockbox keyes and hoping to get wards. Now the Lock boxes are the only way to get unbound Coals.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time.

This change didn't seem necessary.

What's the point if we can still sell through the gateway?
  • Options
    maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not correct Mai, those were always unbound, they were the only way to get sellable coal wards after the change to the invoke boxes besides investing in Lockbox keyes and hoping to get wards. Now the Lock boxes are the only way to get unbound Coals.

My apologies. As I've never bought any from the TBM, I was wondering where the Bound Pres Wards had come from in my inventory. Not sure I have bound Coals. :/
  • Options
    kalkgravenkalkgraven Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sweet... 56 c. wards up for sale when server back live xD

sad for new players though.... as if prices wasnt ridiculous already, sadly i think many players will quit because of this. at least those with a descent amount of normal life.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is to make people have to take the time to travel to vendors to sell instead of just staying in an area indefinetly, didn't say it was a good reason, but it is a reason.....

In reality I think its a way to make the Aurora Whole Realm Catalog artifact worth something, since that shop keeper is still summonable anywhere. The artifact had very little use up till now since you could just click on the Bazaar button to sell from the field. It is the least chosen artifact from the original quest, and has very low AD value on the AH since there was no real need of it.

Doh. Never even realized you could sell to Wondrous Bazaar from anywhere (I know that you could access it from anywhere, but it never occurred to me to sell junk to it!) so ahahahahah. I always have to drop by the nearest vendor to sell stuff after dailies so this really doesn't affect me but that's hilarious.

Binding coalescent wards to anything is TEH SUCK! Now unless you spend tons of dough, get extremely lucky, or farm bazillions of AD, you'll never get your enchantments. Bad move.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    Seems like the Company no longer wishes to earn money except from a few with fat wallets, and naive new players.
    Or their puppets inside the playerbase don't already reap enough from Lockboxes, so they expand that to Enchants now, too.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Keys and paying the ridiculous Zen Store price for a Coal Ward are our only alternatives now. I guess my toons should resign themselves to their Normal enchants now.

GG, GG.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This change didn't seem necessary.

What's the point if we can still sell through the gateway?

As I said above it was to make one of the starter artifacts worth something, plus most people don't play with both the game and the gateway up at the same time....they mainly use the gateway when they cant be in game to do professions from, thus they still need a sales access.....though now that it was mentioned....playing with both the game and the webpage up will become a better plan.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2014

This is the exact opposite of a solution.
  • Options
    chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2014
    This is a pretty good indication that wins and losses are not factored into the leaderboard standings at all.

Kind of sucks because it encourages people to be killstealing nobs and never contest points. If you contest a point against multiple people, you'll help your team win but you'll lose leaderboard standing.
    Not sure what kind of logic you used to come up with this. Wins and losses have the most impact on your leaderboard rank, if not exclusive. Im not sure if kills and deaths matter at all, all i know is that i can go 25:0 while backcapping the whole round and still lose because I got teamed up with trashcans, and my rank will drop a fair bit, not vice versa.
    naicalus wrote: »
    Granted, there wasn't even time for people's reactions to preview patch notes yesterday to sink in, but let me reiterate that this is an incredibly bad, foolish move that has so far caused nothing but bad blood, and it isn't even up yet. Personally, I've barely been logging on since IWD went live due to dissatisfaction with the module, this is... Very close to the last straw. The last two weeks of no zen store sales haven't helped either. I can't think of a reason for this other than sheer corporate greed, since it's pretty much a huge 'screw you' to the playerbase.

Starting to regret getting the Feywild pack recently. But then I didn't anticipate that PWE would screw its playerbase over this badly and this obviously.

It was just a matter of time till the playerbase gets sufficient to start the milking process. I got grasped by NW a year ago because of how unusually good it was in the F2P department. But part of me always felt like it's /too good to be true/. Well here you go. We have enough people in the game now, no need to play nice anymore.
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The tradebar change is bad for everyone. I can only hope this is reversed, or something else is done to compensate for the insane amount of damage this will do and has already done to the economy. This is the wrong way to go about things. I can only hope that the overwhelming response from players against this forces it to be reverted.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As I said above it was to make one of the starter artifacts worth something, plus most people don't play with both the game and the gateway up at the same time....they mainly use the gateway when they cant be in game to do professions from, thus they still need a sales access.....though now that it was mentioned....playing with both the game and the webpage up will become a better plan.

Yeah I play with the gateway up. Most people I know do as well. I could see the point of the starter artifact angle if not for being able to sell using the gateway.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The tradebar change is bad for everyone. I can only hope this is reversed, or something else is done to compensate for the insane amount of damage this will do and has already done to the economy. This is the wrong way to go about things. I can only hope that the overwhelming response from players against this forces it to be reverted.

Don't I wish, Miss. But just look at the 40+ pages worth of threads on the character creation change, and the response/action that got. :/

Granted, character looks don't screw up the economy beyond belief like this does. I don't see me ever getting a Perfect enchant on any of my characters now. Just not gonna have the funds. Or the inclination. It's stuff like this that makes me not want to play.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Not sure what kind of logic you used to come up with this. Wins and losses have the most impact on your leaderboard rank, if not exclusive. Im not sure if kills and deaths matter at all, all i know is that i can go 25:0 while backcapping the whole round and still lose because I got teamed up with trashcans, and my rank will drop a fair bit, not vice versa.

The logic I use is that the Dev said kills/deaths/assists count and didn't mention wins/losses.

I've won games and lost rank.

In any case, obviously it's not exclusively weighted to wins/losses because the Dev just said so.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You people think they will lose money? Based on what data? Because I can assure you they have all the data neatly graphed about their sales. So this decision was made because it will likely increase sales for them.

Remember, players who have no intention to buy Zen for $ (or at least AD) are worthless to them. Whether they leave or not is of no economic impact unless way too many leave which will not be the case.
This discussion has been closed.