What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140520a.5

Comments

• Options
    sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love it when people complain about the only revenue model in the game. I wouldn't call it "money hungry". I would call it keeping the servers running and introducing new content frequently.

Subscription model games are still out there for as little as $12/month. People who have a problem with the F2P model should probably consider a couple subscriptions instead.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • Options
    junkyjunkyjunkyjunky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would just like to say that I am a newish player, just about 2 months into this game. After playing Everquest for 13 years and seeing the changes they made over the years, these changes do not surprise me at all, but I did leave that MMO for this one and I am now looking for a new game to play.

Given that even MMO's are a business and are here for them to make money since this is a money driven world, I do not forsee them backing down from these changes from a business prospective. It is unfortunate however that a good lump sum of people will do as I am and find another source of entertainment that doesnt cost 2 months salary to play.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    dshogun wrote: »
    this, my friends, is how you drive a game straight into the wall. the money hunger of cryptic is insane. you have no real opportunity in discussing nerfing and balancing, you have to just watch cryptic ruining this game even more. i have never seen a more expensive game than neverwinter and trust me, i play planetside 2, league of legends and counterstrike:go. you can not justify with the argument: yea but you can get everything if you play alot. i think it's save to say that most of us have jobs and are working full time, there is no room for me to grind 10 hours a day cn and go work, sleep and stuff.

lots of people jumped off this game, if this stays like this, im gone for good too. people have to riot if they don't want something, honestly. don't ****in buy zen anymore if you don't accept these changes, dont put 8 hours a day into this game. don't buy every "special bonus" every 3 days. sooner or later cryptic will see what they get from beeing greedy. and yes, i understand that its hard to stay relevant in this f2p competition. but going in this direction, you will go down sooner or later cryptic.

and btw. : being a gold/ad seller must be more attractive than ever.

I have to correct you, it isn't Cryptic, it is PWE, who in turn bow towards Beijing. Cryptic is only a name at this point.
  • Options
    dshogundshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sihvebi wrote: »
    I love it when people complain about the only revenue model in the game. I wouldn't call it "money hungry". I would call it keeping the servers running and introducing new content frequently.

Subscription model games are still out there for as little as $12/month. People how have a problem with the F2P model should probably consider a couple subscriptions instead.

oh yea, you mean the servers who go **** every day?

you mean the content which is for me 3 dailies each zone and after 20 days of quest grinding a new skirmish which i need gear for which also requires me to grind a **** ton of black ice or better go buy a booster pack for zen?

yea, you got it bro.

content wise it feels like neverwinter is a student weekend project who want to earn some money aside.
  • Options
    philippeletrivphilippeletriv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    arianrrhod wrote: »
    Still waiting on anwser for this! I still need my gloves and dagger!
    Actually this fix is only intended as a fix for the larger group encounters where half the players and mobs start fading out of existence mid battle because all the piles of coin on the ground have maxed out the object draw rate. I don't think the loss of the 40 copper, occasional potion/summoned alter, and rarely a green equipment item that you are already wearing ten times better then, is really going to hurt anything. Might be different if it was a gold based economy, but it isn't, so not a real loss. Remember you will still receive the end reward that you open with the button and it will now include more black ice then before.

seems likes it's already done
    bring back dungeon now
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance

Does removed ALL drops mean that Black Ice Gloves and Main Hand no longer drop ??

Think they might have had to "let the cat out of the bag" on this if they removed those drops
    ... like they no longer attainable through questing and available only in the Zen Market "Epic Loot Cache" pack, they have been removed from the game or maybe even where you would find them if in some alternative questing.

Really... Gloves & Weapons would drop on ground with the rest of the trash... would think those drops would be buttoned loot?

Then again...
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    accorbationaccorbation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nevermind, just figured out why :\
  • Options
    venomsnakesvenomsnakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nevermind, just figured out why :\

For me . yes
    CW 60
    I left my legacy defeating your enemies
  • Options
    accorbationaccorbation Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still got 1.5h left of update :\
  • Options
    undeadboy007undeadboy007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lagg, bug anywhere. Why would spend?
    Sorry my English...
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    arianrrhod wrote: »
    Still waiting on anwser for this! I still need my gloves and dagger!

it was answers several times....they are only talking about the coins and junk that drop on the ground. The Gloves and weapons are awarded after you use the claim reward button for the Encounter Prize - they are not effected by this at all - except in the fact you will get MORE of the raw black ice from the button now.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Really... Gloves & Weapons would drop on ground with the rest of the trash... would think those drops would be buttoned loot?

Then again...

They are button loot, and not effected by the change in any way
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    my question is.. When are they going to remove the Death penalty for being killed in the Open / wilderness PVP?

We dont have to pay in the PVP domination maps, so we shouldn't have to pay in the Open PVP either.

Especially if you use soulforge enhancement. I'm tapping low on gold constantly because either I have to keep buying stacks of Injury kits from double deaths in open pvp in IWD or DV when I'm trying to complete daily quests, or I'm forced to spend 2 1/2 gold switching it out just to get my dailies done that are located in the PVP zones.

Could we please have this removed Developers?
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    BTW I have done the Dwarven Valley epic encounters over 20 times now and have yet to see the HR bow drop.. has any else had luck getting this for completion?
    I have gotten the HR gloves (5 times) from Rem. but thats all i have seen so far
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dyeslee wrote: »
    BTW I have done the Dwarven Valley epic encounters over 20 times now and have yet to see the HR Corrupted bow drop.. has any else had luck getting this completion?
    I have gotten the HR gloves from Rem. but thats all i have seen so far

5 characters, at least an hour on each of them in IWD each day, several purple events, got the gloves 1 time, nothing else so far....

Edit: Actually now that I think about it that's a fib, I did receive 2 of the NON-BLACKICE purple weapons at some point, neither of which were for the class I was on, I could have at least given to an alt but they were BoP so I ended up having to salvage them.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    my question is.. When are they going to remove the Death penalty for being killed in the Open / wilderness PVP?

We dont have to pay in the PVP domination maps, so we shouldn't have to pay in the Open PVP either.

Especially if you use soulforge enhancement. I'm tapping low on gold constantly because either I have to keep buying stacks of Injury kits from double deaths in open pvp in IWD or DV when I'm trying to complete daily quests, or I'm forced to spend 2 1/2 gold switching it out just to get my dailies done that are located in the PVP zones.

Could we please have this removed Developers?

The death penalty thing is: If you might be in danger from being killed by a Mob, you might end with people running into the PvP Map in hope of being killed by a player, to avoid the death penalty.
    If anything, I'd introduce a Death Penalty to Domination, but place an NPC there that, like in Gauntlgrym during the PvE Phases, would remove the Death Penalty.
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While patching the game [was 543MB], on the launcher I saw the link and thought how appropriate...

"Black Ice Corrupts the Zen Market"
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    While patching the game [was 543MB], on the launcher I saw the link and thought how appropriate...

"Black Ice Corrupts the Zen Market"

LOL - don't even get me started on that ludicrous attempt at a promotion.....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Salvaging: Black Ice items will properly show how much Black Ice they award instead of showing "0 Rough Astral Diamonds".
    Woohoo! Finally.. I have 5 HR black ice gloves that I have been holding onto because of this.. was wondering what the reward would be for salvaging them. TY TY TY!
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Woohoo! Finally.. I have 5 HR black ice gloves that I have been holding onto because of this.. was wondering what the reward would be for salvaging them. TY TY TY!

5? Your luck is astounding! I both hate you and admire you right now.....
  • Options
    undeadboy007undeadboy007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ping spike? Fixed? Nope... What is? LOL
    Basszátok meg. Fizessen a faszom egy fosért...
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    These black ice gloves... are they gear or profession items?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    5 characters, at least an hour on each of them in IWD each day, several purple events, got the gloves 1 time, nothing else so far....

I ran the preview server as well for over a month and done several of the Epic encounters as well in DV / IWD and also didnt have any luck on the HR Black Ice bow.. Developers Could you please look into this and make sure that this is not bugged or an error?
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    hellfyre69420hellfyre69420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Invocation: Cache of Dread Ring Treasures: Now only gives 1 Thayan Cipher, down from 3.

why.
    why...
    WHY.

with it at 3 i actually stood a chance at getting alts the boons needed to start them in IWD, now you're telling me i'll have to spend 2 weeks+ to do it? really? i'd speak my opinion about you as human beings, but i'd probably get banned, so i won't.

keep it up, you'll never see another penny from me if it keeps going like this.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

the gloves are both gert.. the HR black ice gloves drop from the Epic encounters in Icewind Dale (Protect the prospectors, and Rem). then you upgrade them with your black ice profession into the corrupted or purified black ice gloves.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ah, ok, thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2014

The black ice gloves are the ones for the armor set - the only armor piece you cant buy at the zone store.

By profession items I assume you mean the ones used for the shaping tasks, you get the 1 set of white ones, after that they are only available in lock boxes and zen black ice kits.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    the HR black ice bow supposedly drops from the epic encounters in Dwarven Valley, but I have yet to see it, nor any other HR black ice items from them.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    the HR black ice bow supposedly drops from the epic encounters in Dwarven Valley, but I have yet to see it, nor any other HR black ice items from them.

For all the classes Black Ice Armor - only gloves and main hand weapons drop - the other 4 pieces are purchase only from the IWD zone store - none of them drop.

The other purple drops are the specialty weapons bear tribe something or other and another one.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    5? Your luck is astounding! I both hate you and admire you right now.....

LOLZ sorry Minister, If they were tradable or even able to be sold I would gladly workout an arrangement. but since thats not possible, 4 of them are getting salvaged into Black ice..
    5790248SLdyC.png
This discussion has been closed.