test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140520a.5

Comments

• Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, if I understand this correctly, the only way to get coal wards without risk is to buy them off the zen market for $10 each and I'd need 15 to go from shard to perfect? So I'd need $300 per toon, to get perfects in both armor and weapon? $300 real dollars I had to work for? I really don't see that happening very often.

You understand it perfectly, and yes its unlikely to happen very often. On the plus side people might start understanding why I don't have Greater or Perfects on my items, especially since they don't effect Gear Score in any way, my regular do me just fine... especially since I don't pvp....
  • Options
    cerrillacerrilla Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am sorry, do I understand this correctly? 15 wards X ten dollars on the zen store is $150.00, which you need for both weapon and armor on EACH character? $300.00 per toon for this? at a mere 4 toons that would be 1200.00 right? You are saying you think this F2P game is worth Two months' rent to play just to get perfects on my armor and weapon.... Something seems a little bit off and I am sure it's just my lack of morning coffee....and then this doesn't include mounts, special pets, other things like a pretty dress..... HMMMMMmmmmm
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cerrilla wrote: »
    I am sorry, do I understand this correctly? 15 wards X ten dollars on the zen store is $150.00, which you need for both weapon and armor on EACH character? $300.00 per toon for this? at a mere 4 toons that would be 1200.00 right? You are saying you think this F2P game is worth Two months' rent to play just to get perfects on my armor and weapon.... Something seems a little bit off and I am sure it's just my lack of morning coffee....and then this doesn't include mounts, special pets, other things like a pretty dress..... HMMMMMmmmmm

Not your lack of coffee sadly...
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll reserve judgment on the coal ward situation for the time being. I have no problems with making trade bar wards BoA, provided Celestial Coin Coal Ward drop rates are increased to their initial rates or higher. Cryptic never lets the player base know when they make drop rate changes. I'll wait before I wail.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cerrilla wrote: »

Don't worry, module 4 will probably introduce armor/weapons with 3 slots :)
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ***aside... Onecoolscatcat, that's an awesome avatar!
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's just for the Cwards, you still need to fill the Refining Points in order to be able to upgrade each enchant.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'll reserve judgment on the coal ward situation for the time being. I have no problems with making trade bar wards BoA, provided Celestial Coin Coal Ward drop rates are increased to their initial rates or higher. Cryptic never lets the player base know when they make drop rate changes. I'll wait before I wail.

Pretty much this , I am usually quite happy to call out cryptic when they pull stuff like this but doing it with something as fundamental to gameplay as coalescent wards means they must have some alternative way for players to get them ,otherwise it makes zero sense because this would literally kill off the number of new players the game will retain .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    Don't I wish, Miss. But just look at the 40+ pages worth of threads on the character creation change, and the response/action that got. :/

Sad, but true. It is obvious that with less than 24 hours from going to preview, that this change is going live, no one wants to hear our feedback.

I understand the need for making money off the product, but it is easier to entice with creating things like the hero of the north and feywild packs, then to force them to pay a hefty tax just to upgrade their items.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Economy
    Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

HAHAHA shattering from laugh.

IWD is a realy cool patch .

*Killed 5 chars from pve part made CW to demigod state.
    *The difference between fresh 60 and end game players are more like a grand canyon.
    *Stunning Grafic tunred into ugly white grafical bugs owerloading nvidia cards and other cards.
    *Now we dont have 1 true tank class.
    *For the new BI craft y must open your poked if y want to achive somthing.(free to play model take too much time to refine raw BI )
    *Lag continuously returning no matter where y are .

*And now CWard nerf. Haha the point is to make perfect version req min invest 7000 zen Free to play model open your pokets. Cuz y cannot use lesser enchat to rase the succes rate .There is only 1 way gambling but investing 1000 zen and buying 10 key is not grant y 1 CWard.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey, if they make twice as much money from the game, maybe they can hire new dev to fix bugs and things.
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Coal ward tax was & still is a stupid idea, and now its even worse... bad move.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Really this is your fix to lag/latency issues? Lower the reward so less player participate? This is probably your worst fix yet. I have an Idea for you: lower the rewards across the whole game so only 5 players play I bet their won't be any lag anywhere or better yet remove all rewards all together so no ones play and their won't be any lag

The rewards being removed are the scattered coins, black ice, and potions on the ground. Essentially the garbage that clutters up your screen and taxes the system.

It's actually a good fix.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Next step - make your credit card Bound Account so you can't pay with it for any other game.

Seriously good job. Oh and 1 Thayan Cipher instead of 3 - working as intended.

Everything to make your game more enjoyable. Hurray, 4 hours waiting for "****" instead of patch.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Smart Mod comment from anywhere? "knock,knock" hello... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    crimsonyoshi47crimsonyoshi47 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is no doubt that the higher level Enchantments are going to be ridiculous, people are trying to say it will only be for the short term, I am not as optimistic. Again this will effect new players more then it effects us who have been here a while (since beta for me), but there will be some butterfly effects for even the old timers....

You have no idea how right you are, I've been playing for almost 2 weeks now and I hit 60 a few days ago. Only yesterday I felt bad that I'd been playing and enjoying this game for a while and hadn't paid them anything, so I spent £20 on Zen, I'm now at the point where I should start worrying about starting end-game and long term stuff, one of which is weapon and armor enchantments, and then this happens. So I either farm the **** out of it until I'm 63..... Or I can pay, how convenient...

I feel like I passed a homeless man on the street and felt bad for him, so I gave him a few coins. But as I did so he started rummaging around in my pocket seeing what else he could get.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Pretty much this , I am usually quite happy to call out cryptic when they pull stuff like this but doing it with something as fundamental to gameplay as coalescent wards means they must have some alternative way for players to get them ,otherwise it makes zero sense because this would literally kill off the number of new players the game will retain .

I hope you and One are correct, but my instincts tell me your not.......
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well this Coal Ward change will a few things:

People will buy the Them on the Z-store
    People will buy keys from the Z-store
    Or, people will buy character slots, up to the maximum (49-50?) and have leadership and invoke mules.

But in the meantime, people who have unbound Coal Wards still collecting dust in the bank are in a serious position to profit big. Trust me, there are players who still have a couple laying around just waiting and salivating for higher prices.
    I did get a Coal Ward from invoking yesterday, but that was yesterday. We'll see what today and the future brings. I'm with the wait and see crowd. Give it time to pan out.

All the Wondrous Bazaar change means is that everytime you pass a vendor, your gonna check your inventory. This really is not a big issue.

All the extra drops in HE's being removed? That is wonderful! Because really? What are running the HE for? Certainly not for the gold and green items that dropping. But just in case that is what your running it for, go to Sharandar, less chance for you to get stomped in the mud there.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I often have the gateway running while playing to do professions with other chars and used it to sell items while adventuring a long time before I knew about the Bazaar. However the WB method was much better as I didn't have to tab away from the game and the interface was easier to use. It also made it easier to deal with the vendor trash from leadership chests during my morning invoke cycle. All in all, you can still sell things out in the field, it's just more annoying. This is an anti-QoL change.

As for the Coal Wards, this is a horrible change. It won't affect me that much as the chars I mostly care about have their Perfect/GPFs. My DC is stuck at Greater Terror but that will have to be good enough. For armor enchants I only SF and they all have lessers which is enough. For new or less wealthy players, this change is really going to be bad.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Seriously good job. Oh and 1 Thayan Cipher instead of 3 - working as intended.
    The Coal ward thing has me the most upset, but this is in fact an issue I am having also....

I created a GWF (6th playable toon) on my main account simply to get the artifact, leveled her from like 20 to 47 during the 2x xp, she is now sitting just under level 55 since I am just using professions/invoke to level her the rest of the way till 60 (really can't stand playing this class). I started getting the Feywild version of the reward at 6 days because after 5 other toons through both Sharandar and Dread I know what a pain it will be. I though, ok after I get enough sparks I will start getting the Ring box (was thrilled with what it contained) and it will make my life easier. If I had know that this change was going to happen I would have started with the dread box first then moved to the fey box, its just another disappointment to me in this patch....

The best I can hope for to salvage this day is a permanent drop in coal ward zen costs, an amazingly awesome sale, or , at the very least, some info on Module 4 that lifts my spirits.....like Warlocks becoming a playable class.....

Beyond those things this is going to be a very upsetting day....
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »
    1% fuse rate. Which means it will take 100 wards on average.
    100 pwards will now cost the same as 1 coal.

Before this change 100 pwards cost much more than 1 coal, so if you did this before, the joke is on you.

Math...

The 1% chance is NOT you'll make 1 in 100 attempts... it's you have a 1% chance to create the item EACH time you attempt it.

If you roll a d100 and let's say you need a 100 to be successful [your 1%]...
    you could roll that die 1000 times resulting in a 99 or less... by most people's perception, they are angry because the RNG is broken and they should have made [at least] 10 items in those 1000 rolls,
    at the same time someone else rolls a 100, 50 times in a 1000 rolls... their RNG is broken too, but just in a good way for them.

It's a % to be successful on that ONE roll... NOT a collection of rolls.

Now whether there's a sub-roll on that 100... that's a whole other can of worms... you can probably buy an opener in the Zen Market.

Will there be a Black Ice to Zen Exchange in addition to the existing AD one... since there's little AD to be made in IceWind?

Think Gold Spammers will see a spike in hacked accounts... believe they part are the "lockbox spammers" never saw ADMIN messages like that before and it happen right around the 1st wave of the "Shock & Awe" gold spamming campaign being waged on the player population at the moment.
    This only plays right into their hands... 1M at $5-7 as opposed to the $20 for 2K Zen... look for more players to get sucked over to the dark side.

... and beware those who may be tempted, as you face banning by the ToS/EULA the same one which should be banning the gold spammer's accounts we so diligently report spam on... but the million of active accounts [at least it seems like million, could be more] look good as it makes Neverwinter look like a thriving & active game, they're not going anywhere any time soon.

With regards to the "Shock & Awe" could you REQUIRE all forms of communication including PM, Mail, Friend Requests, even the use of all chat channels WOULD REQUIRE at least 2 level 60 characters, 3 boons from EACH Dread Ring, Sharandar & IceWind Dale... PLEASE?

Thanks in advance
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I feel like I passed a homeless man on the street and felt bad for him, so I gave him a few coins. But as I did so he started rummaging around in my pocket seeing what else he could get.

This actually made me lol :D
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You should use Cward only when you have 1% of probability. For anything more probable than that you should use a preservation.
    If I recall correct I have used only one coalesce for every perfect I made.
    Stop running around screaming the world has ended, that the price for a perfect now will be ourageous, if you think you need 15 cward for a perfect.

Also when zen will drop to its normal value, buying a cward from zen store will be around 350k. Not so different from before the patch.

And you should stop thinking that as a free player you should have everything as a paying customer does. You are here just to make easier for the paying ones to find a party. Your value resides in your number.

Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You should use Cward only when you have 1% of probability. For anything more probable than that you should use a preservation.
    If I recall correct I have used only one coalesce for every perfect I made.
    Stop running around screaming the world has ended, that the price for a perfect now will be ourageous, if you think you need 15 cward for a perfect.

That's just it. I'm now thinking I don't need a perfect :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    With regards to the "Shock & Awe" could you REQUIRE all forms of communication including PM, Mail, Friend Requests, even the use of all chat channels WOULD REQUIRE at least 2 level 60 characters, 3 boons from EACH Dread Ring, Sharandar & IceWind Dale... PLEASE?

I will assume that this statement was meant as a form of entertaining sarcasm to drive a point home, because if you were serious about this in the slightest you need to be run out of town on a rail (or run through with a rail, personal choice and all)......:)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    That's just it. I'm now thinking I don't need a perfect :)

Agreed and Amen
  • Options
    cyn5cyn5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

I don't get this......why on earth would you do this? It's bad enough that you cut the drop rate of getting them with the coffers to almost nothing but now when you do buy keys and get enough bars to actually get one (which by the way takes way too many bars), now the people who can actually get them can't even sell or trade them? This is one of the most discouraging things yet.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question

Why is the server down for 4 hours? are you rebuilding them from Scratch ?
  • Options
    arianrrhodarianrrhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance

Does removed ALL drops mean that Black Ice Gloves and Main Hand no longer drop ??

Still waiting on anwser for this! I still need my gloves and dagger!
  • Options
    dshogundshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this, my friends, is how you drive a game straight into the wall. the money hunger of cryptic is insane. you have no real opportunity in discussing nerfing and balancing, you have to just watch cryptic ruining this game even more. i have never seen a more expensive game than neverwinter and trust me, i play planetside 2, league of legends and counterstrike:go. you can not justify with the argument: yea but you can get everything if you play alot. i think it's save to say that most of us have jobs and are working full time, there is no room for me to grind 10 hours a day cn and go work, sleep and stuff.

lots of people jumped off this game, if this stays like this, im gone for good too. people have to riot if they don't want something, honestly. don't ****in buy zen anymore if you don't accept these changes, dont put 8 hours a day into this game. don't buy every "special bonus" every 3 days. sooner or later cryptic will see what they get from being greedy. and yes, i understand that its hard to stay relevant in this f2p competition. but going in this direction, you will go down sooner or later cryptic.

and btw. : being a gold/ad seller must be more attractive than ever.
This discussion has been closed.