test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140520a.5

Comments

• Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »
    Remember, players who have no intention to buy Zen for $ (or at least AD) are worthless to them. Whether they leave or not is of no economic impact unless way too many leave which will not be the case.

Keep in mind, the AD to Zen Market depends on Zen being desireable. With the Ward change, they just reduced a way to make back some of the cost associated with purchasing Lockbox Keys for AD via both Auction House and AD to Zen Exchange.
    Less Zen being purchased for AD also means less Zen (Revenue!) purchased for the sake of turning it into AD.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah I play with the gateway up. Most people I know do as well. I could see the point of the starter artifact angle if not for being able to sell using the gateway.

Most people I know, including myself, don't - but I will probably start to now. They could make it so you cant run the gateway on a system where the game client it working, I don't put it past them, but then people would just have the client on the comp and the gateway on the smart phone. I doubt they will take away the ability to sell from gateway since it was intended as a way to do stuff in game when away from the client computer.
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Keep in mind, the AD to Zen Market depends on Zen being desireable. With the Ward change, they just reduced a way to make back some of the cost associated with purchasing Lockbox Keys for AD via both Auction House and AD to Zen Exchange.
    Less Zen being purchased for AD also means less Zen (Revenue!) purchased for the sake of turning it into AD.

No they didn't. Bound coals aren't worthless coals... Think about that, they just made keys even more desirable because the effective coal value will shoot up.
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    I don't see me ever getting a Perfect enchant on any of my characters now. Just not gonna have the funds. Or the inclination. It's stuff like this that makes me not want to play.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate this change, but isn't this a bit over-reacting? A perfect would cost you few millions to make anyway, current cward costs are like 250-300k. Now they will be whatever the zen/ad ratio is. As high as it is now, it costs about 200-250k more, but we talking about 250k more after already spending 3mil+ so it's definitely not the deal breaker here since it's already very expensive. Though if you think about it, Zen is at record high atm and it usually goes back down to the 400 zone, so 400k for the cward. It sucks, but it's not like you aren't making your perfect just because of that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate this change, but isn't this a bit over-reacting? A perfect would cost you few millions to make anyway, current cward costs are like 250-300k. Now they will be whatever the zen/ad ratio is. As high as it is now, it costs about 200-250k more, but we talking about 250k more after already spending 3mil+ so it's definitely not the deal breaker here since it's already very expensive. Though if you think about it, Zen is at record high atm and it usually goes back down to the 400 zone, so 400k for the cward. It sucks, but it's not like you aren't making your perfect just because of that.

Math fail? 250k * 15
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heck before this change to Coal wards I rarely was inclined to spend or work on getting above a Regular Version Weapon/Armor Effect Enchant or a Level 6 Standard Enchant (I just don't see the need for them personally), so it isn't a major disaster from me, but I know a lot of people it will be...
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    <snip>

Given the fact that currently, it seems that a couple AD-Rich people scoop up the 'cheap' Zen to relist higher, don't expect it to get low anytime soon. 'Buyers' are 1-ADing each other up like mad, to scoop up every 'cheap' bit of AD that is sold, to relist at 500, since AD to Zen and vice versa isn't taxed like the Auction House is.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Math fail? 250k * 15

15? Are you serious?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    15? Are you serious?

You need 15 coals to make a perfect.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

If you're talking about building it from shards and never ever using any green wards, maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Please note Vvv means from shards as a starting point.....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah I figured
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If you're talking about building it from shards and never ever using any green wards, maybe.

If the RNG hates you ( like it does me) Green wards will not help you.....
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Are you going to use pwards when the chance is 1%?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2014

1% fuse rate. Which means it will take 100 wards on average.
    100 pwards will now cost the same as 1 coal.

Before this change 100 pwards cost much more than 1 coal, so if you did this before, the joke is on you.

Math...
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Yeah I've been successful quite few times :P Spent loads of greens in the process, but in the end the overall cost was less than if I bought the blues.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah I've been successful quite few times :P Spent loads of greens in the process, but in the end the overall cost was less than if I bought the blues.

LoL! Man I've failed up to 30 times in a row upgrading many r9 to r10 which is 10% using pwards. RNG really, really hates me, good for you if you are so lucky then. :P
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    LoL! Man I've failed up to 30 times in a row upgrading many r9 to r10 which is 10% using pwards. RNG really, really hates me, good for you if you are so lucky then. :P

wish i had the same kind of luck with lootz... :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014

If you have an abundance of them AND the RNG doesn't hate you (as I said above), its worth trying for 1 or 2 steps. Some one had figured out that a Pward actually raises the roll to like a 2 or 3 %, random numbers are random and all so no scientific proof of this percent increase. Though as often as they do come out of the invoke boxes and that some people are insane enough to have 20 or 30 characters just for invokes and professions (I have 10 myself, only 6 of which are intended to be playable the other 4 strictly professions and invokes), it's worth trying with Pwards just to save some money.... even more so now....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah.. But to be honest I was thinking more greater to perfect than all the way. I can foresee perfects going up to 10mil again like they used to be several months ago
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yeah.. But to be honest I was thinking more greater to perfect than all the way. I can foresee perfects going up to 10mil again like they used to be several months ago

There is no doubt that the higher level Enchantments are going to be ridiculous, people are trying to say it will only be for the short term, I am not as optimistic. Again this will effect new players more then it effects us who have been here a while (since beta for me), but there will be some butterfly effects for even the old timers....
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

Really this is your fix to lag/latency issues? Lower the reward so less player participate? This is probably your worst fix yet. I have an Idea for you: lower the rewards across the whole game so only 5 players play I bet their won't be any lag anywhere or better yet remove all rewards all together so no ones play and their won't be any lag

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Expect a Lesser to go to 600-750k at least, and you can bet that the 'Lockboxers' (the cute ones, or the ones that like Joffres) WILL scoop up shards. So if you don't farm them yourself, have fun paying. Oh, and you better max out your capability for invoke alts, until they nerf THAT again, too. Which I wouldn't be surprised if it was in this patch already, as a sneaky 'fix'.
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    Will be interesting to watch the AH in the coming days.

I mostly feel bad for new players. Coal wards felt expensive to me when I was new to the game and back then they were 100k. 400-500k is not an improvement.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

Really this is your fix to lag/latency issues? Lower the reward so less player participate? This is probably your worst fix yet. I have an Idea for you: lower the rewards across the whole game so only 5 players play I bet their won't be any lag anywhere or better yet remove all rewards all together so no ones play and their won't be any lag

Who cares about 55 copper and portable alter drops from the adds?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Really this is your fix to lag/latency issues? Lower the reward so less player participate? This is probably your worst fix yet? I have an Idea for you: lower the rewards across the whole game so only 5 players play I bet their won't be any lag anywhere or better yet remove all rewards all together so no ones play and their won't be any lag

Actually this fix is only intended as a fix for the larger group encounters where half the players and mobs start fading out of existence mid battle because all the piles of coin on the ground have maxed out the object draw rate. I don't think the loss of the 40 copper, occasional potion/summoned alter, and rarely a green equipment item that you are already wearing ten times better then, is really going to hurt anything. Might be different if it was a gold based economy, but it isn't, so not a real loss. Remember you will still receive the end reward that you open with the button and it will now include more black ice then before.
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK so now Coal wards are only available via zen store or keys or 1 every 3 months or so if you get lucky and have 10 characters on acount invoking, can we please have them droped to 300 zen or something otherwise the price is going to be like 500k AD in days and it takes like 14 coal wards to make most wepon or armour perfect enchants so like 140$ which is a bit rich for a single enchant for any mmo
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Either that or im going to have to look at geting a dummy credit card and buying off AD sellers as they sell for like 1/3 of what PWE sells it for so would reduce my cost down to a still stagering 60$ a char per perfect wepon enchant or aproxomately 2yrs of invoking every day on 10 chars :S
  • Options
    gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, if I understand this correctly, the only way to get coal wards without risk is to buy them off the zen market for $10 each and I'd need 15 to go from shard to perfect? So I'd need $300 per toon, to get perfects in both armor and weapon? $300 real dollars I had to work for? I really don't see that happening very often.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So, if I understand this correctly, the only way to get coal wards without risk is to buy them off the zen market for $10 each and I'd need 15 to go from shard to perfect? So I'd need $300 per toon, to get perfects in both armor and weapon? $300 real dollars I had to work for? I really don't see that happening very often.

Pretty much.
This discussion has been closed.