What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Control" Wizard gripe in PVP

Comments

• Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    cw's have already good prones from shard....

with entangle working as a prone it will be like this--> icy rays--entangle--shard--shard--IK(if charged)/repel...

and that is a bit too much i think...

for now all prone encounters are skillshots( takedown/frontline surge/shard/boar charge,etc) only gf have something that is a lock prone(bull charge).... giving something as entangle prone for cw will be too heavy in my opinion.

Shard does not prone because it disappears the second it's cast. The cooldown time on shard is several seconds, so long that it's almost too long to use as a Spell Mastery PVP power.
    That is not a bad combo, what it fails to recognize is you have 4 other players focusing on you cause their buddy is frozen. Which means your Shard may disappear withing milliseconds of casting.
  • Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    Shard does not prone because it disappears the second it's cast. The cooldown time on shard is several seconds, so long that it's almost too long to use as a Spell Mastery PVP power.
    That is not a bad combo, what it fails to recognize is you have 4 other players focusing on you cause their buddy is frozen. Which means your Shard may disappear withing milliseconds of casting.

4 guys focusing you, will make you useless with/without shard, becoz even without shard, u will die in few secs if 4 guys focus you
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    4 guys focusing you, will make you useless with/without shard, becoz even without shard, u will die in few secs if 4 guys focus you

ok, i agree. Even if it's a solo TR you started this rotation with Bile Thorn ITC and Beep Beep will kill you in seconds.
    ok, I agree. Even if it's a solo GWF you started this rotation with, Unstoppable ... Death in seconds
    Ok, I Agree. Even if it's a solo HR you started this rotation with, (granted it takes more skill than other classes) except for Icy rays, he can and likely will dodge all of your other attempts to immobilize. Casting a shard on an hr is a waste of time unless they are completely new to pvp.
    OK, I Agree. Even if it's a solo CW, you will kill him everytime. Cause we can't dodge out of Icy Rays, Can't dodge Entangle after frozen. Can't dodge Shard while entangled, Can't Dodge ICE Knife when prone.
    Thank you for helping me prove my point.
  • Options
    dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ok, i agree. Even if it's a solo TR you started this rotation with Bile Thorn ITC and Beep Beep will kill you in seconds.
    ok, I agree. Even if it's a solo GWF you started this rotation with, Unstoppable ... Death in seconds
    Ok, I Agree. Even if it's a solo HR you started this rotation with, (granted it takes more skill than other classes) except for Icy rays, he can and likely will dodge all of your other attempts to immobilize. Casting a shard on an hr is a waste of time unless they are completely new to pvp.
    OK, I Agree. Even if it's a solo CW, you will kill him everytime. Cause we can't dodge out of Icy Rays, Can't dodge Entangle after frozen. Can't dodge Shard while entangled, Can't Dodge ICE Knife when prone.
    Thank you for helping me prove my point.

against permas, be smart and let them rotate, once they used all their encounters, and going back to stealth, mark them with icy rays, and then start ur rotation.

against gwf, just do ur combo and repel them, theyr unstopable will last like 8 secs or soo, u can stay alive 8 secs if u manage to do well with ur 3 dodges, and when his unstopable is gone just rotate on him again, becoz they cant dodge like other clases.

against hr, icy rays them, then they cant move, soo they cant dodge, soo u can land entangle prone on them and then u can full rotate on them.

and for cw... not only cw cant dodge icy ray, any class can dodge icy ray becoz its undodgeable....other classes may be able to avoid icy rays effect by using itc/unstopable, but u have to be smart to use it when they have itc on cooldown/or unstopable not charged.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    Yep, CWs on a good team are just as lethal and effective as ever. A team needs to assign a tank to a CW. When that CW is attacked, tanks take action. A CW that leaves the presence of a tank is asking to be killed.

So you mean 2 people fight 1 opponent? GWFs take time to kill. Meanwhile, the opponent has a huge advantage elsewhere. Then you lose

If its 2v2, both people simple focus on the CW. They aren't stupid enough to get "aggro'ed" by the tank. They simply pop unstoppable, be immune from CC and prone and focus down and kill the CW. Then you lose.

Talking about high level premade vs premade of course. In pugs, people do stupid things.
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well regardless, they need to nerf perma-TR build in PVP so you are correct

Tr is th eonly class and I have 11 toons all over 13k gs and the tr was the only class that got nerfed into the ground
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014

That is how almost every pvp session goes for me. If there are X# of members of the other team on screen, all X of them focus on the CW. It's smart since you go down in a split second, but sadly makes playing a CW very frustrating in pvp.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    That's just relying on the opponents to play dumb. A "tank" can't magically aggro players the way he can pull mobs in dungeons. If you have two GWFs vs a GWF and a CW, the two GWFs will just ignore the enemy GWF until they've killed the CW, unless they are playing stupid.

Thats the truth... No GWF lets me stand up top or afar free casting as soon as i am seen its run or die for me. They know they can kill me in 3-4 shots and then solo the others.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I play Tabbed Shard 80% of the time... I will say that it disappears / vanishes / bugs out 70% of the time!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    That's just relying on the opponents to play dumb. A "tank" can't magically aggro players the way he can pull mobs in dungeons. If you have two GWFs vs a GWF and a CW, the two GWFs will just ignore the enemy GWF until they've killed the CW, unless they are playing stupid.

See I don't get why people would even bring up the "tank" thing in PVP.

"CWs can just hide behind tanks See? CWs are balanced in PVP."

Do they actually think their opponents are so dumb to fall for such an obvious and stupid tactic?
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    I'm doing just fine on my wizard in PvP. The amount of control that I have is unmatched by any other class.

The only thing I think needs to be looked at is the amount of spells that make my Shard disappear. Stun spells are doubly effective against CWs because they not only stun but also nullify our most important encounter.

My GWF can control alot more on pvp than cw, and kill faster, also, anyother class can kill a cw on pvp, even DCs, and my main is CW, so i know what i'n saying.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I basically don't PVP on my CW anymore outside of GG. He can hide in the numbers there, but not in Domination. As many people mentioned, CWs are the first targeted and the easiest to take down. Perhaps I'll bring him out for the new Open World PVP and see how he does in the new Black Ice Armor.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    zaphrailzaphrail Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2014
    I have issued that challenge to ANY CW in this server. Beat Jerkface or Gerftylog or SteamRoller in a 1v1 match using a CW. They are all twitch streamers with VOD so everyone can see it live or watch the evidence later.

So far, no one has stepped up. All the CWs have failed.

Fact of the matter is, at HIGH END PVP, an elite CW will lose 9 out of 10 times to an elite GWF or TR.

An elite DC will lose 10 of 10 times to non-elite, just decent, CW. (And that DC will lose to Jerkface or Gerftylog or SteamRoller also. 10 of 10 times, lol).
    So I wanna fixing that issue BEFORE a CW issue, ok? lol
    Offer something, so that an elite DC could beat an elite CW 1x1 lol

And don try to sidestep that 'thats an another issue and another thread pls': a CW class is just destroing clerics atm, so any buffing of 'underpowered wizards' will make that even more awful :) Now that is not such an issue in hi-end pvp atm exactly because of the fact, that GWF/TR/HR keep wizards constrained.
    (and in low-end pvp an avg CW is much better than an avg DC anyway)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    U gota be kidding... anyother class can kill a cw on pvp, even DCs, and my main is CW, so i know what i'n saying.

No, thats u that gota be kidding. Unless u r talking about some PVE specced and awfully played mediocre CW against some very good and PVP specced DC
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    ok willie, first off, what matters IS the end game and if a class is demolished by EVERY single other class.. there is a problem.

Exactly. So - fix clerics 1st pls :)
    And after that i could try to find a compassion to severely underpowerd wizards' problems lol
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    zaphrail wrote: »
    An elite DC will lose 10 of 10 times to non-elite, just decent, CW. (And that DC will lose to Jerkface or Gerftylog or SteamRoller also. 10 of 10 times, lol).
    So I wanna fixing that issue BEFORE a CW issue, ok? lol
    Offer something, so that an elite DC could beat an elite CW 1x1 lol

And don try to sidestep that 'thats an another issue and another thread pls': a CW class is just destroing clerics atm, so any buffing of 'underpowered wizards' will make that even more awful :) Now that is not such an issue in hi-end pvp atm exactly because of the fact, that GWF/TR/HR keep wizards constrained.
    (and in low-end pvp an avg CW is much better than an avg DC anyway)

Give CW the power of healing himself and other players then we can talk about comparing DC and CW in a 1v1 match

Now before you say give GWFs the power of CWs control.........oh wait CW's control in PVP is trash
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Give CW the power of healing himself and other players then we can talk about comparing DC and CW in a 1v1 match

Now before you say give GWFs the power of CWs control.........oh wait CW's control in PVP is trash

Now this statement is a bit ridiculous... "give CW the power of healing himself and other players". Their heals/debuffs are the only thing making DCs any useful in PVP AND PVE. I agree that CWs can use some form of healing or buffing, but give them an Astral Shield type ability, and DCs will never be useful in either PvP or PvE again.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Your exact quote:

"I have issued that challenge to ANY CW in this server. Beat Jerkface or Gerftylog or SteamRoller in a 1v1 match using a CW. They are all twitch streamers with VOD so everyone can see it live or watch the evidence later.
    So far, no one has stepped up. All the CWs have failed.
    Fact of the matter is, at HIGH END PVP, an elite CW will lose 9 out of 10 times to an elite GWF or TR. "

Well, with all that (in your opinion) powerful healing an elite DC will lose 10 of 10 times to not only that several elite nicks u mentioned, but to any decent CW for instance. 10 of 10 is more than 9 of 10. And 'any decent CW' is more than 'Jerkface or Gerftylog or SteamRoller'
    Can u offer anything to resolve this be4 giving a hi-end CW the means to beat the best TR/GWF/HR on the server (and making any DC just a toy to play with) pls? :) (u could offer 'powerful healing abilities' to CW just AFTER that)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Exactly. So - fix clerics 1st pls :)
    And after that i could try to find a compassion to severely underpowerd wizards' problems lol

Like you implied, theres 2 problems with the CW right now...

1)Vastly OP in pve
    2)They can beat another class(DC)100% of the time.
    3)for the millionth time, these ego fests lead me to believe that these guys care more about "1v1'ing" than playing a teamwork inspired gametype.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Well, with all that (in your opinion) powerful healing an elite DC will lose 10 of 10 times to not only that several elite nicks u mentioned, but to any decent CW for instance. 10 of 10 is more than 9 of 10. And 'any decent CW' is more than 'Jerkface or Gerftylog or SteamRoller'
    Can u offer anything to resolve this be4 giving a hi-end CW the means to beat the best TR/GWF/HR on the server pls? :)

Well-built DC's can stalemate with GWFs. Gerftylog stalemated with Clemency (DC) I believe when they were doing their inhouse. He even complained to his team not to send him to a node with a DC as it will cripple his potential and lower him to a "stalemate" (funny how an elite GWF stalemating with another class is considered a loss but thats the way imbalanced PVP is...)

Also, in 2vs2 scenarios, the DC is able to stay alive and support the GWF.

If you put a CW in a 2vs2 scenario, it dies and then the opponents have a 2on1 advantage.

You might want to consider going into the DC forum and get help building your toon. Here is a link to the some builds: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?437341-Guide-Class-Guides-Builds-and-Resources

You are welcome.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    What is the GF or GWF doing? twiddling his thumbs, letting his target pass?

Yep.

The enemy GWF pops unstoppable/emblem while the enemy TR goes permastealth, cycles impossible to catch and starts with the ranged attacks before hitting shocking execution.

Being as the CW is so squishy compared to other classes, it dies relatively quickly.

Unless you figured out a way to consistently prone GWFs while they are unstoppable that plan pretty much fails

Whoopee! Hooray teamwork!
  • Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cw's have already good prones from shard....

with entangle working as a prone it will be like this--> icy rays--entangle--shard--shard--IK(if charged)/repel...

and that is a bit too much i think...

for now all prone encounters are skillshots( takedown/frontline surge/shard/boar charge,etc) only gf have something that is a lock prone(bull charge).... giving something as entangle prone for cw will be too heavy in my opinion.

excuse me, since they increased the size of frontline surge drastically, it is much less a "skillshot" and more of a "what direction do you want to prone everyone in"
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yep.

The enemy GWF pops unstoppable/emblem while the enemy TR goes permastealth, cycles impossible to catch and starts with the ranged attacks before hitting shocking execution.

Being as the CW is so squishy compared to other classes, it dies relatively quickly.

Unless you figured out a way to consistently prone GWFs while they are unstoppable that plan pretty much fails

Whoopee! Hooray teamwork!

And unstoppable doesn't last THAT long... As a CW, you shouldn't just be standing there. Ive had to kite GWFs while they've been in unstoppable, and Unstoppable DOES NOT last as long as a minute or so. And once theyre out of unstoppable, what are your teammates doing? You do realize that Unstoppable is progressively easier on a target youre sustaining damage on, right? If the target has to spam unstoppable to get to you, or try to get near you, his DR is steadily decreasing, his hp is steadily decreasing, you and your teammate have combat advantage on him.

Teamwork is more key than playing 1v1 in this situation...

The TR is an entirely different matter because of perma, but im addressing the part where actual teamwork comes into play. Ive been on my GWF, been right in this predicament, and have died because choosing 1 means getting owned by the other, and all I can do is hope to take 1 out before I die. I die, and either both are alive, or at least 1 is, and now they have an uncontested node to cap. Because my teammates are all somewhere else twiddling their thumbs. That situation is a team issue, not class.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well-built DC's can stalemate with GWFs.

Oh well. Some best on server DC could stalemate with (not kill, God forbid) a GWF. Yes, that Dc will be a toy to any underpowered CW, but being able to stalmete with (!) a couple of another classes.
    That must mean the balance probably.
    Also, in 2vs2 scenarios, the DC is able to stay alive and support the GWF.

Wow!
    Is able to stay alive and support! With GWF helping!
    Wow!

So, do I understand u correctly, u would be satisfied if a CW would be able to kill noone, would lose to a DC 10 of 10 times 1x1, but would be able to stay alive and support the GWF in 2x2 situations?
    Well, that could be a very interesting buff :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You might want to consider going into the DC forum and get help building your toon. Here is a link to the some builds: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?437341-Guide-Class-Guides-Builds-and-ResourcesYou are welcome.

TYTM.
    Just asking, r there any builds to be able to 1x1 a decent CW there (i'm a very generous person and don ask to be able to 1x1 the best cw on server more than 4 of 10 times)
    *I'm playing since beta actually, and DC is my main class. So I happened to know a bit about clerics, and about the temple forum thread 2
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh well. Some best on server DC could stalemate with (not kill, God forbid) a GWF. Yes, that Dc will be a toy to any underpowered CW, but being able to stalmete with (!) a couple of another classes.

Wow!
    Is able to stay alive and support! With GWF helping!
    Wow!

So, do I understand u correctly, u would be satisfied if a CW would be able to kill noone, would lose to a DC 10 of 10 times 1x1, but would be able to stay alive and support the GWF in 2x2 situations?

And many people don't understand why DCs are wanted in PvP. The day a DC gets most kills in a PvP game is the day the world ends. If these people are so mad that a CW cant 1v1 a tank, what about a DC? they cant 1v1 anything... The most they can do is stalemate. They cant kill anything anymore(used to hear of burst damage DCs, tenacity wiped that out too!).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A CW couldn't even stalemate with a GWF or a perma-TR and couldn't heal anyone. Fail balance is fail

If a CW is then able to heal himself and others and have a tanky build, sure.

But that's not the case. So NERFZ and BUFFZ please cryptic
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    TYTM.
    Just asking, r there any builds to be able to 1x1 a decent CW there (i'm a very generous person and don ask to be able to 1x1 the best cw on server more than 4 of 10 times)
    *I'm playing since beta actually, and DC is my main class. So I happened to know a bit about clerics, and about the temple forum thread 2

Well, I'm still looking for a CW build that let's you AT LEAST stalemate a GWF or a perma-TR......DCs have those already.

When I've found it, I'll get back to you mmkay :cool:

In the meantime, help yourself to those links, watch some premade PVP against top guilds. It helps you get a better perspective on high end pvp premades. I've watched my fair share.