test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what is going to be done about guardian fighters?

Comments

• lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    O and please stop doing these silent nerfs that are not in patch notes.

lunging strike cone damage is now 1/3rd instead of 1/2 before Thursdays patch. You have lowered my ability to generate threat thanks!

Uhhh brah, its always been 1/3 the damage lol. Go find the patch notes for when they first introduced the AoE Lung, you will see that it says 1/3 the damage.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So then explain why my 10k crits on the target and the cone damage was 5k crits? It was at 1/2 damage I am not delusional now my secondary hits only do 3k crits....

They do these silent patches with no warning. And resulted in lower threat gain I can't pull mobs as effectively as I was before Thursdays patch.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now that i have tested it ingame, i cannot see a difference to my damage yesterday, pre-patch. You almost gave me a shock, lol.

---

It's always been 1/3 dmg (i never read the tooltip, until today)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?582741-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140114b-1&highlight=guardian+fighter+skill+rework

edited May 2014
    I would one shot powries with the aoe cone which was 5k dmg. I am not joking unless the tooltip did not reflect what was actually being done. It was a definite lowering of damage as now I get less threat when using it with marks on these targets as well.
    edited May 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I would one shot powries with the aoe cone which was 5k dmg. I am not joking unless the tooltip did not reflect what was actually being done. It was a definite lowering of damage as now I get less threat when using it with marks on these targets as well.

I am confused now, lol.

edited May 2014
    I don't want confusion I am just as puzzled myself as now my threat generation is lowered. I found this a problem in a major he encounter where the mobs would typically come after once i used ET and then LS which would without fail get aggro away from others attacking.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't think I can last til module 4, the game is becoming a ridiculous task for GF class and its not worth the aggravation.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited May 2014
    I enjoy the fact I can have awesome pvp matches when facing a comp that is not stacked with 2 gwfs and 2 hrs etc. and those with troll builds, I enjoy the game minus the bugs I deal with and look past except for those i report.
    edited May 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Yeah the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in this game reminds me of SWTOR sometimes, but remember what killed that game, sweeping MAJOR class changes all at once. Cryptic is doing the right thing, they are just going really really slow with it and they are making mistakes along the way which is to be expected. But it seems they are making the same mistakes over and over which is frustrating.

Having said all that....

WHY lips..... Are you starting ANOTHER thread about this, there are literally 1/2 dozen right now. In fact in one of them a DEV has commented saying they are working on it. And the real kicker.... YOU have been participating in that thread.... So WTF man? Stop it.

Yes, but the GWf has been superior to the GF for what half a year now longer? At what point do you say WTF?

edited May 2014
    I don't think I can last til module 4, the game is becoming a ridiculous task for GF class and its not worth the aggravation.

I second this. Also, I'm uploading some bull**** onto YouTube right now. Me and another fought a 1 HR for 46 mins.......... He cept healing and dodging, omg.... Soo much BS man...
    edited May 2014
    wildfire5 wrote: »
    There ARE elite GFs who can make this situation work. But this isn't about a bunch of stubborn old coots (like AntMonster, no offense)

Hahaha, Im only 23 brah xD! No offense taken.
  • maximobrmaximobr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am saddened by the insignificance of the GF both pve and in pvp, always liked to play with shell, but this very obsolete, not to say anything. Descupe the bad English, but I wanted to share my sadness about it.

The devs are mistaken when they think tanker is just a support class, it also turns alone
    edited June 2014
    Well when the GF community quits and revenue is down by $xx percent head will roll!

• aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I second this. Also, I'm uploading some bull**** onto YouTube right now. Me and another fought a 1 HR for 46 mins.......... He cept healing and dodging, omg.... Soo much BS man...

That I saw in PvP too! It is quite funny how "tanky" a Hunter Ranger can be compared to the actual Tank class. Well played and geared, the HR seems to have much more capabilities to survive and deal great damage. And Regeneration seems to be much more superior for Trickster Rogues and Great Weapon Fighters and Hunter Rangers, it is quite sad, sometimes if one is unable to kill these classes entirely and they survive with just a few HPs then they are back to normal in no time, while a Guardian Fighter usually stays down for a much longer time. (And this is not related to the chosen tree or anything, it does not matter if we have a Conqueror or another build.)
  • wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was thinking about this. I think what GFs need is a way to turn their aggro into damage instead of just the reverse. Again, minimum PvP gain but great PvE gain (although from what I've seen on the leaderboards, I'm re-evaluating GF's PvP abilities, as they might actually be underpowered there too).

I have a new idea for an aggro meter which actually measures how much aggro GFs have. When it reaches a critical point, GF dailies become twice as powerful.
  • gorguts99gorguts99 Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2014
    I really feel like doomed when most of GFs here talk about Aggro and threat problems, holy ****.
    edited June 2014
    I've already compiled a huge list of suggestions of my own, and instead of retyping EVERYTHING I'm just gonna drop a link to my thread.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gorguts99 wrote: »
    I really feel like doomed when most of GFs here talk about Aggro and threat problems, holy ****.

+1.Could't agree more.
    With such GF community Gf as a class is already in the grave.
    edited June 2014
    +1.Could't agree more.
    With such GF community Gf as a class is already in the grave.

That's why i pray, that the responsible developer doesn't take the advice of said people. I tried to give him a few hints on what could be done about us GF, as others did aswell. I mean when i first read about "their" priorities regarding our class aka. threat generation and incoming DC healing... i almost fell from my chair.

---

To me it seems, the people who can not hold aggro, are just unable to comprehend the GF's tooltips. Personally i like my GF, because it takes quite a few hours of practice to be good at it. I would not want to see, dumbed down class mechanics as some people have already demanded them, just because they have not had enough practice themselves and are in belief that something has to be broken.

---

In short: If the intention is to have aggro control, i'd say SPEC for it or leave it be. (in my opinion)

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1) I would at the very LEAST wait until you have a chance to test out the purified gear. Seeing as one of the biggest issues with GFs is their inability to really heal or survive, I could see purified gear + weapons making GFs pretty tanky again. Who knows what will happen there.

2) I could also see a reflect build with SOS/Briar take advantage of the corrupted weapons - just a second thought.

3) Hes Hunters are completely dumb in PVP right now. One of my biggest complaints is their daily "meditation" that gives 100% deflect chance combined with 4/4 pvp set that not only is NOT AFFECTED BY HEALING DEPRESSION it also heals them literally to full HP. Its really just lame how broken it is....
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    1) I would at the very LEAST wait until you have a chance to test out the purified gear. Seeing as one of the biggest issues with GFs is their inability to really heal or survive, I could see purified gear + weapons making GFs pretty tanky again. Who knows what will happen there.

2) I could also see a reflect build with SOS/Briar take advantage of the corrupted weapons - just a second thought.

3) Hes Hunters are completely dumb in PVP right now. One of my biggest complaints is their daily "meditation" that gives 100% deflect chance combined with 4/4 pvp set that not only is NOT AFFECTED BY HEALING DEPRESSION it also heals them literally to full HP. Its really just lame how broken it is....

The set has really bad stats... actually both sets have terrible stats. We need the additional guard meter, which other set's 4 part boni provide. It's sad but true. GF can selfheal for up to 70k in pve and around 35k in pvp (even more with a vorpal). We do not really need anymore selfhealing effects. We got Fighter's recovery and any decent GF has the AP gain feats and uses knight's challenge in order to generate 2x AP. We can pop dailies quite frequently. Lifesteal is also an option already.

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014

+1 You said it man!

But i don't think that anything will change if we leave, you are too optimistic in this!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The set has really bad stats... actually both sets have terrible stats. We need the additional guard meter, which other set's 4 part boni provide. It's sad but true. GF can selfheal for up to 70k in pve and around 35k in pvp (even more with a vorpal). We do not really need anymore selfhealing effects. We got Fighter's recovery and any decent GF has the AP gain feats and uses knight's challenge in order to generate 2x AP. We can pop dailies quite frequently. Lifesteal is also an option already.

Self healing isn't really there for GFs, compared too other classes and sorry to say, but running with a vorpal is not a perfect choice for any GF, we aren't a very good DPS class and vorpal can only be a little margine in PVP, but in PVE you can forget it. Sure you can stack your crit values, but than you will be a glass canon, with very little defense. But maybe you are right, since our shield is only their for something to have in the left hand, maybe a bit fun in PVP is better. Who knows?!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2014
    We are slow, cumbersome, glitchy, and easily countered. Our DPS is stupidly low just fighting in IWD proves that. I watch a DC kill 5 mobs and the mob boss while I am still fighting all 5! Sometimes people come help me I think out of pity.

I am DPS specced I cannot push out anymore then I mechanically am allowed.

edited June 2014
    Let me put a spike on my shield and have blocked attacks do damage without using Guarded assault

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We are slow, cumbersome, glitchy, and easily countered. Our DPS is stupidly low just fighting in IWD proves that. I watch a DC kill 5 mobs and the mob boss while I am still fighting all 5! Sometimes people come help me I think out of pity.

I am DPS specced I cannot push out anymore then I mechanically am allowed.

GFs get worse stat benefits than GWFs
    - Con gives a GWF HP/ARP
    - Dex gives a GWF Crit/Deflect

-Con gives GF just HP
    - Dex gives a GF ARP.

Even just making GFs get the SAME benefits a GWF does would give GFs about 10-14% more crit chance boosting them to about 30-35+% Which would do WONDERS in balancing them.

GWFs get multiple Deflect class features (Weapon master - feated and Bravery) GFs get NO movement/deflect class features. Again this would help ALOT. I would LOVE to see the Guard meter % ALSO include run speed (like bravery gives runspeed and deflect)

Conqueror spec versus Destroyer Spec? Hands down Destroyer, a 40% Damage boost with stacks versus what? double power with FULL guard? Thats a joke....
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    GFs get worse stat benefits than GWFs
    - Con gives a GWF HP/ARP
    - Dex gives a GWF Crit/Deflect

-Con gives GF just HP
    - Dex gives a GF ARP.

Even just making GFs get the SAME benefits a GWF does would give GFs about 10-14% more crit chance boosting them to about 30-35+% Which would do WONDERS in balancing them.

GWFs get multiple Deflect class features (Weapon master - feated and Bravery) GFs get NO movement/deflect class features. Again this would help ALOT. I would LOVE to see the Guard meter % ALSO include run speed (like bravery gives runspeed and deflect)

Conqueror spec versus Destroyer Spec? Hands down Destroyer, a 40% Damage boost with stacks versus what? double power with FULL guard? Thats a joke....

Yes that would be a fantastic start, and a simple one. If GF got the same Stat bonuses as the GWf we would have better Crit higher DPS, more Armor Pen and higher threat all in a nutshell. Which would allow me to focus more stats on Tankiness instead of crit and armor pen

• neoarch89neoarch89 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi everyone

Been playing NW for a couple of months, and while the game have some really strong points also have some HUGE FALLS, and one of them is class balance, the point that everything can be done by 2 classes, leaving the others on the friendzone, is not fair, and the most affected by this situation are the GF's. Basically GF's fail in everything, no aggro control, no damage, not able to tank on a proper way, and on the top of that this game got one class that just do everything on that list almost perfect, and everybody here know which one it is. For me the Dev's post was for holding the backfire they got from users that have long time praying for some changes on GF's and nothing has been done so far, not even numbers or tweaks has been posted of how Dev will gonna address their changes, they just ask for more time. In order to bring GF's back to gameplay and not just start to running in circles with 30+ ads on their back (FH and SP dungeons) is not just bring them more DR or HP, some things also need to be addressed on their paragon trees.

This is my general idea that could bring GF's back to game, covering what Dev's posted, plus other things players have suggested

Attributes Bonuses

GF's like any other class need to have access to fair crit chance (30%+) and with the current equip available for GF's is like almost rocket science, sacrificing too much. Also any other class can reach or get really close to GF's DR and HP, GWF for example can easily get 40% DR while still on full DPS setups, same goes to deflect, HR can stack deflect like crazy, GWF can even get better deflect chance with lower investment. So the changes that i suggest are:

STR -> include crit chance
    CON -> increase Max HP gain, GF's should get 40~55k HP, include Deflect severity
    DEX -> increase from (DEX -10)/2 to just DEX -10 Deflect chance.

Powers

Some of them are good, but Dev's just keep nerfing them into the ground (hello Luning Strike), when that is not enough they lower the Dmg multiplier on a class that even on their "DPS paragon path" their damage is so low that is almost close to clerics. Also in order to perform the task TANK GF's are lacking in two things, our main source of aggro control, enforced thread, first is target capped, second insane CD even with 2K+ recovery and third the way NW handle aggro is broken, and the lack of other AOE thread generation powers make the task TANK harder to accomplish to GF's. So what can be done here to get things on the right place, first before everything is bringing back DMG multiplier values to the ones before M3. Powers and ability wise:

1- Return LS damage, remove the 25% nerf and keep the cone effect.
    2- Enforced Thread, rework, first increase targets cap to 15, second increase radius to 20-30', third add on paragon trees some effects based on how many targets are under the effect of ET(more DR or regen or lifesteal or deflect), fourth ET mark should not gone away after ads hits a GF, the mark that ET place on mobs should be a temporary one (8-10sec maybe), fifth CD should be lower since aggro generation skills are the bread and butter of TANKS.
    3- Terrifying Impact, two things can be done here, keep it like it is and for the sake of god reduce the cast time, this daily is extremely predictable on pvp, pve wise is too situational that almost no GF use it, OR rework, make it an aoe 15-20' with the same effect of CW sing.
    4- Knee Breaker, rework, change into an aoe encounter with the same effect.
    5- Enhanced Mark, rework, GF's generate more aggro on targets even marked or not, plus add 8% DR debuff on targets that still marked, with this aggro problems SOLVED.
    6- Guarded Assault, rework, on the current state is USELESS, GF's are not on guard most of the time, and when our shield is up is eaten in seconds, what we can do here, increase deflection severity.
    7- Knight's Challenge, this encounter in particular is the one that in my opinion doesn't fit at all, but right here im open mind on this one, at least they should fix it.
    8- Combat Superiority, add deflect chance by 1/2/3%
    9- Iron Warrior, rescale the amount of temporary hit points you gain from this encounter.

Equipment

One of the big ISSUES of the GF's are that compared to any other class, we are doomed into stack defense over defense over defense that is already hitting hard on returns, plus we are the only class where most of our equipment sets are missing one offensive stat compared with the same ones on other classes, so, either add the third offensive stat (ArP, Crit) or add a 4th defensive stat and add at least one offensive stat to our most defensive sets, while they just twist things a little bit with BI gear, is not fair that we have to farm BI, be lucky to get invited to farm that gear in other to be competitive. Also the only 4/4 set that works and still wanted by some parties is KC, the other ones or Dev's nerfed them upto a point they become useless, or they place a hidden trap (30 sec internal CD on HG proc) or they require some skill to keep it up (TH requires proper CD managing), so make them better.

Weapon wise, this is the first MMO where i see that ranged weapon base damage is higher than melee ones, but on GF's case is the LOWEST of all of them, the only fix here is to increase that to a more acceptable value.

GF's Tab

While other classes are based on their Tab ability, GF's Tab is just a bad joke, just mark a target and that target get a 8% DR debuff, done. DC divinity tab change the way their encounters works, TR invisibility, CW another encounter on tab that also is boosted on their feats, and the godlike unstoppable of GWF. So what can be done without turning into a GWF unstoppable mimic. My idea is to take the toggle effect of clerics/HR, and i called offensive/defensive stance, on offensive stance our encounters CD will be reduced by 10%, and will gonna get a 5% more crit severity (open for any changes) and attack faster, while on defensive stance we lose 10% of our dmg but we get 10% more DR, with this GF's can get from 45-53 we most got to 55-63, and we got immunity to knock back dmg, aka VT/fulminorax/Dracolich second hit on their AOE while keeping the actual attack speed that we got.

Feats
    Coming soon when i got some spare time
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Still trying to get caught up in this thread, but you do not heal for 35k in pvp unless you are playing a school of the blind man. That daily is so weak, PVE it's insane, you get a full HP bar, it was amazing for the first CN run to the door. But in pvp, that daily is weak, and you are disagreeing with one of the best GF's in the game, and in turn coming off really stupid. Cheers
    edited June 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    Still trying to get caught up in this thread, but you do not heal for 35k in pvp unless you are playing a school of the blind man. That daily is so weak, PVE it's insane, you get a full HP bar, it was amazing for the first CN run to the door. But in pvp, that daily is weak, and you are disagreeing with one of the best GF's in the game, and in turn coming off really stupid. Cheers

If that GF doesn't know, what the class can do, how can he be considered one of the best? Bull rush, frontline surge, lunging strike 0815 cheese build? Spare me this bs, please. I can now heal for up to 90k in pve, still without a vorpal if that is not at least 35k in pvp then you can have my left <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, to be honest.

Cheers, you One of the best.