test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what is going to be done about guardian fighters?

167891012»

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a lantern + a GF artifact + a GWF arftifact. I am working towards getting a DC artifact, though.
    Black ice gear seems hard to get as a GF, regardless of spec. I tried with a pure dps spec for a week, then with a pure tank spec for another week with the same result, "nothing" sadly lol...

---

The purified set seems great, combined with a dps spec.

working on leveling up my Leadership mule DC as well for the artifact. The Purified set does look good but, since I've had no luck with gloves or weapon drops on my GF or HR, I doubt I'll ever see a full set and I don't wanna lose my 4/4 bonus.
    I aim to misbehave
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    working on leveling up my Leadership mule DC as well for the artifact. The Purified set does look good but, since I've had no luck with gloves or weapon drops on my GF or HR, I doubt I'll ever see a full set and I don't wanna lose my 4/4 bonus.

You and I both brother.... I keep doing the Heroic Big Boss fights in IWD and no gauntlets for me!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is my thread. I'm so proud. =']
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You and I both brother.... I keep doing the Heroic Big Boss fights in IWD and no gauntlets for me!

so far the best thing i could tell you guys is to hunt some medium heroic in IWD pass. i have gotten my bracer at caravan attack and corrupted Yeti.

What i usually do is try to tank most of the adds but not everything 5 to 6 adds at a time. it also helps if you have the fire evoker and blacksmith as an active bonus since it can deal some damage to them while you are tanking it.

and never start a Medium HE that already has more than 3 people doing it.

Fighers recovery helps a lot here

Best of luck
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nah, not that rare there's a secret about FC. I am aware of HD and the other things. I am going to test it soon, anyway ^^ then i'll see. I have 25 dex and can get quite a bit of arpen but i did not focus on it and have ~ only 30%, i chose power instead to get 60-65% dmg added.
    1k lifesteal with the endless consumption boon and no regeneration, because under HD i would have to stack a lot of it to make it become useful again and sacrifice a lot of damage for it. Unlike other classes we only have so much room without being under HD and our shield meter is currently a bad joke. While the stat may be great for GWF who can pop unstoppable every 5-10 seconds but, in my opinion regeneration is a wasted stat for us GF. We can easily get +120% AP generation and utilize Fighter's recovery.

---

I have 4k+ crit and 10k+ power. A high crit rate secures a decent healing from FC.

If ur talking about pve, that makes sense.
    For pvp, not so much.

Life steal requieres hitting something, is also under HD and is further mitigated by dodges, deflect and so on.
    Regeneration on the other hand is always active, no matter what, and isnt under HD if ur sittig alone on a node.

Theres a reason why even high dmg classes like HR and CW dont use LS but regeneration.
    Especially as a GF u have phases where u do low to no dmg. Lifesteal is a wasted stat in pvp for a GF.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    He speaks the truth, I too have found regen not so good for my GF and have been leaning more toward lifesteal and getting harder hits off. I fret however that as content continues the gear we are using to smash together to make ourselves viable will not easily be replaced or upgraded, and we will be running around Mod 4 Mod 5 with Mod 2 gear!

That's my fear too, by the time- if ever- a fix comes we will be so much outdated, like a pair of old 60's shoes, our gear, our boons or missing boons, that who knows, how we will catch up, if ever.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For pvp, not so much.

Life steal requieres hitting something, is also under HD and is further mitigated by dodges, deflect and so on.
    Regeneration on the other hand is always active, no matter what, and isnt under HD if ur sittig alone on a node.

Theres a reason why even high dmg classes like HR and CW dont use LS but regeneration.
    Especially as a GF u have phases where u do low to no dmg. Lifesteal is a wasted stat in pvp for a GF.

Lifesteal heals still 1.5 times as much under HD with the proper setup (up to 6 times as much heal on a GF), while regen does not. In fact, regeneration is more of a pve stat for GF because in pve it actually heals unlike it does in pvp under HD, since the incoming healing can only be amped by so much and by saying so much i mean a pretty low amount even with high stat values PLUS being unable to leave combat unlike TR's for example makes it even worse. If i crit somebody on the other hand for 20, maybe even 30k in pvp and get the 1.5x heal proc i have a better result than wasting my block meter in order to regenerate a few thousand hp. Factor in the various debuffs and damage amplifiers and the result gets even better.

---

So, would you rather heave an instant heal of let's assume 8k-10k or a HoT that gives ~500 hp every three seconds? Our guard breaks after two seconds usually. Judging from a conqueror perspective, offense is the best defense.

Peace.

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For pvp, not so much.

We can argue the entire day on whether to go for regen or life steal now, the case is, that every exp D&D player knows, if you can't go for a good course with your class and try to build a mix or a hybrid, it will simply s*ck, compared to pure classes, with even stats.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2014
    Lifesteal heals still 1.5 times as much under HD with the proper setup (up to 6 times as much heal on a GF), while regen does not.

With what setup do u gain 6x the amount of life steal?
    If i crit somebody on the other hand for 20, maybe even 30k in pvp and get the 1.5x heal proc i have a better result than wasting my block meter in order to regenerate a few thousand hp.

Ehhrm… we are talking about serious pvp, right? Not playing against 8kgs scrubs.
    U will not hit a decent geared pvp player for 25k dmg. No way.
    Theres an infamous video out there about two GFs trying to kill a HR, u know ^^
    Look at the numbers they were pulling off. Look how many times their attacks were dodged. Look at the amount of time where they just running around.
    Regen ticks no matter what, life steal is good against brainless monsters, not against always shifting, moving and dmg mitigating players.
    edited June 2014
    With what setup do u gain 6x the amount of life steal?

Read and comprehend the tooltips, then you will know. I am not giving out my secrets to you ^^.
    heh and pal, i hit a GWF who was using all rank 9's even some 10's for 25k+ already. I killed that guy 17 times in the same match while he killed me zero times.

---

You are just used to these awful tank spec GF who cannot put a dent into a raw egg, it seems. Now please, would you mind stopping to derail this thread with your nonesense? We are trying to be constructive here.

---

Thank you very much.

edited June 2014
    Read and comprehend the tooltips, then you will know. I am not giving out my secrets to you ^^.
    heh and pal, i hit a GWF who was using all rank 9's even some 10's for 25k+ already. I killed that guy 17 times in the same match while he killed me zero times.

---

You are just used to these awful tank spec GF who cannot put a dent into a raw egg, it seems. Now please, would you mind stopping to derail this thread with your nonesense? We are trying to be constructive here.

---

Thank you very much.

lol whut?
    Isnt that thread about improving GFs performance?
    And one thing is: not putting any life steal on pvp sets for GF but regeneration and other actual useful stats.
    If I am missing something about lifesteal, pls teach me and other GF players so they can improve. Oh wait… its your secret ^^

Kudos to ur performance against one random gwf… as this proves any of ur statemants :roll eyes:

Btw I very doubt that antmonster and co is an awful tanky GF. But maybe u can enlighten the GF community with ur secret techs ^^
    edited June 2014
    -snip the nonsense-

You can't comprehend this, i understand now. Talking to you is pointless. Take care.

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was in the 10% Regen and as said when I needed the healing below 50% its was decent, but it didn't out heal a simple CW dot because it was every 3 seconds so a Conduit of Ice on you would nullify you regen!

I am now at 7% Regen and 10% Lifesteal and I can survive much much better! I am not sure what colonel set up involves, but I use Endless Consumption Boon 50% proc chance on 3 times the healing, plus 250 incoming healing boon. Then you can get the Shaman and Acolyte for OPVP that add another 5% incoming healing bonus. I run the Highest damage lowest cd encounters with a Swordmaster build so Cresendo does multiple hits giving me a life steal boost.

I am a decent GF, no master I am sure someone heres played with me. Life steal is far better trust me!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • yeveleeyevelee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is bullshiet how 15k gs - GWF can ressit 3 ppl atacking him, and 17k gs - GF barely can stand against one enemy. This is bullshiet how perma hide TR can easly defeat 17k gs - GF, which hide behind 2 giant golems in pvp zone. And finally, this is bullshiet how HR or mage can easly hold GF in place without getting dirty.

Ideas? i have two:

Marked enemy should recive 30% more dmg from GF and 15% more dmg from party members. Tab-Marked enemy should recive 80% more dmg from GF and 40% more dmg from party members.

Block should be time based, not dmg taken. For example: 20 seconds of block, no matter if you take dmg or not.

I apologize for my english, its not my motherland language and i was furious because of immbalanced pvp i had few mins ago. Now im thinking about delete my character and givin up.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    FYI, here are the changes we have currently planned for the next module release: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692701-Official-Feedback-Thread-Guardian-Fighter-Changes
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Thanks everyone for your patience. We have spent a lot of time and energy testing and tweaking these changes, and we are very happy to let you guys get access to them today. Please take some time to run dungeons with the changes and your friends to see what your new tanking build will look like! GFs will be a much more noticeable presence in both PVP and PVE now.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Thanks everyone for your patience. We have spent a lot of time and energy testing and tweaking these changes, and we are very happy to let you guys get access to them today. Please take some time to run dungeons with the changes and your friends to see what your new tanking build will look like! GFs will be a much more noticeable presence in both PVP and PVE now.

Thanks Crush, Looking forward to testing this stuff out and seeing if what we are all complaining about is actually an issue or if our narrow-sightedness is creating necessary angst!

PS, I would really like to take the time and make some videos for you guys.
    Enemy Team
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014

So... no Perma TR change? You do realize these changes are going to make them gods in pvp right? currently the only classes that kept them in check were GWFs and HRs.