What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just a feedback: With the current power stat change i hit full stack Destroyer .p IBS ofc critt 27k dmg in pve i have 9 k power full 30% armor pen and p.vorpal +around 1000 dmg DG .(hard to achive the 20 stack on single target)

On live i hit ofc critt 20k whit my Sentinel +16k dmg DG. with 7k power .
    So i think the extra 20 % still 6 k dmg lesser if i go for more power what i have in live .

I will try out but i am a little sceptic to see any difference.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not sure about this... I'm fine to be 'more in line' with the other classes although I still believe I should be top DPS since that's all I've got (I'm talking pve here, not pvp). I guess, comparing to some nerfs I've seen to HRs we are still comparatively better DPS than the rest of the classes - ofc CW excluded.. I guess if CW got nerfed down from God mode this could work and even make other classes more viable than they are now (let's face it, right now on live its GWF/CW, and these changes will just make it pure CW). Not sure what kind of feedback do the devs want, are they really trying to match our Live dps or going for a nerf anyway? It's really far off still.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Changes tested .

The dps class - or my - still need 30 % boost to match live. The variation of non- critical hits do not cover in any way the criticals . Some powers like not as fast / avalanch of steal to have a critical higher now , but nothing that covers the second ticks of the 5 remaining .

Some considerations :

positives:

The maximum critical ibs is also lower , but the average , including not critical , appears to be superior .

spinning strike was not properly affected by bleed ( the last hit nullified the effect ) then the damage seems the same.

negatives:

Battle fury is totally outdated . He will not bring more damage / ap for my spin than a third encounter damage ( not so fast as for example) . The use of battle fury itself does not generate ap , only grants the bonus.

Reaping strike is currently doing the same, no critical damage , which makes the live ( all possible stacks ) . The critic is below 8k +5 ticks of bleed ( 2600k-3600k ticks ) .

Steal blitz : the damage this power is lower than the sure strike (possibly not receiving the bonus sm ) , and speaking of sm , steal the blitz only has a high rate used together with this Atwill .
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    The dps class - or my - still need 30 % boost to match live . The variation of non- critical hits do not cover in any way the criticals . Some powers like not as fast / avalanch of steal to have a critical higher now , but nothing that covers the second stacks of the 5 remaining .

The changes aren't supposed to match the current live build. GWFs will take a hit to bring them on par with the other classes minus CW (too strong) and GF (too weak).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    gwf only have dps... he need a superior damage. he needs a HIGHER damage it has on live. so that, by theory, be 30% of the damage of live means to be 40/50% of what it should be considering that the change in power gave a buff to all classes.

increase dps class at only 30% would still be a nerf (especially considering the loss of sos).

ps:even though the destroyer has a much higher damage to the cw, more than ever is lower than gf in usefulness (defender).

as regards the destroyer, both are balanced ... the cw which is well above - damage and Utility perfect and simultaneous. - but that's another discussion.

ps2:Not sure I understand your placements as well. I am an illiterate in English.

ps3:The destroyer has a delay of damage now. he did not go into battle with 80% of its potential to be filled with stacks of destroyer / wms.

he gets 30% of its potential to be filled with a very specific rotation. ALL that needs to be taken into consideration.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ps4:before I forget: the changes in the tree destroyer are great . I see much future in gwf now than before, being clipped in two feets t1 and the need to build critical.

I'm not disparaging the changes IN ANY WAY; just saying that there is still a little more "love".
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just a feedback: With the current power stat change i hit full stack Destroyer .p IBS ofc critt 27k dmg in pve i have 9 k power full 30% armor pen and p.vorpal +around 1000 dmg DG .(hard to achive the 20 stack on single target)

On live i hit ofc critt 20k whit my Sentinel +16k dmg DG. with 7k power .
    So i think the extra 20 % still 6 k dmg lesser if i go for more power what i have in live .

I will try out but i am a little sceptic to see any difference.

not sure what you mean, i'm getting 220k crit IBS in pve. that is debuffed mobs of course but all mobs are debuffed in any group. the 20% is from execute, based on missing hp on mob.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    reapingstrike_zpsbc506d8d.jpg~original

apparently the critical severity not being proportional to the damage provided by this new buff. even if my minimum damage was 5500, I own 145% of critical severity.

I will check other powers.

ps:the damage the reaping strike is now MUCH lower than the wicked strike. no reason to use this Atwill.
  • Options
    theensaviertheensavier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have you guys considered, you know, buffing the bad classes by chance?
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Changes tested .

spinning strike was not properly affected by bleed ( the last hit nullified the effect ) then the damage seems the same.

negatives:

Battle fury is totally outdated . He will not bring more damage / ap for my spin than a third encounter damage ( not so fast as for example) . The use of battle fury itself does not generate ap , only grants the bonus.

Reaping strike is currently doing the same, no critical damage , which makes the live ( all possible stacks ) . The critic is below 8k +5 ticks of bleed ( 2600k-3600k ticks ) .

Steal blitz : the damage this power is lower than the sure strike (possibly not receiving the bonus sm ) , and speaking of sm , steal the blitz only has a high rate used together with this Atwill .

Confirmed

Also we have still :Feats: Destroyer's Purpose: NEW This feat now grants an additional effect. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 1%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 20 seconds. Dont give us 40 rank and dont give us 2 per stack and time is still 20 sec ... So i cant test it my IBS still the same as in live just we dont have Deep Gash so owerall -50 % dmg this will lead to dead class agan like GF .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Confirmed

Also we have still :Feats: Destroyer's Purpose: NEW This feat now grants an additional effect. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 1%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 20 seconds. Dont give us 40 rank and dont give us 2 per stack and time is still 20 sec ... So i cant test it my IBS still the same as in live just we dont have Deep Gash so owerall -50 % dmg this will lead to dead class agan like GF .

LOL! Try to actually test before you go ahead and bash everything that get's in your sight.

On live with 8,35k power, I am doing 13,5k dps on the three target dummies in trade of blades, on preview with the same power and same spec, I am doing 12k dps on the same target dummies. And deep gash makes up for 7% of my total damage, rather than 45% on live. I made a small macro with auto hotkey
    [COLOR="#000000"]F1::

send, {click right down}	
    sleep, 50
    loop, 600
    {
    send, {tab}
    sleep, 500
    }
    send, {click right up}

F2:: reload [/COLOR]

What it does is, it hold down right mouse button and periodically presses tab, for 5 minutes. I parsed the log with ACT.

According to this I lost 11% of my dps, however I know it is way more than that. We can only attack 5 targets at a time, but we can make more of them bleed, and because now that bleed does way less, we are doing way less on more than 5 targets.

Bug:
    The passive destroyer, is currently giving 38,7% more dmg when feated, and gives 28,7% when not feated. /according to the tooltips

I feel that a destroyer spec gwf has way too much ramp-ups, I feel it needs either the ramp-ups to ramp up faster, or to remove them and make them a static buff.
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Destroyer's Purpose is useless for pvp for destroyer gwf it is impossible to have it on 20 maximum stacks and only with maximum stacks we can do allmost good dps as we could with deepgash after this change dps of gwf in pvp will be total joke

why is still biggest problem of gf and gwf still ignored ?tank paragon path is superior to dps one on damage and damage boosting by far pls improve steelblitz damage and proc rates ,improve flourish damage and stun durutation ,improve utily or dps of wms

why focused mark is not changed to threat still?this will still make sentinel superior to destroyer on dps in pvp for example sentinel gets 15%from it+8%from mark+15%from con and 15% from trample this is 53% better dps then swordmaster destroyer or 30% better then iron vangouard so u will still have ppl complain on to big dps of sentinel gwf in pvp
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    nonameidk wrote: »
    LOL! Try to actually test before you go ahead and bash everything that get's in your sight.f. [/COLOR]

regardless of his personal note, I hope I'm not putting down the information I passed. even posted the screenshot of damage from reaping strike,
  • Options
    redkainredkain Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok I have taken some time to review feats and powers to the GWF and make some suggestions of my own for all paragon path, so here it is :

Feedback, general overview

Powers
    - all at-will +20% dmg (or +10% and no diminishing returns for more than one target)
    - except threatening rush -20% dmg
    - not so fast +10% dmg or no diminishing returns for more than one target
    - decrease cast/animation of avalanche of steel by half, and movement during cast +50% (max target 10/15)
    - increase max target of slam to 10/15
    - add 1 sec of stun to flourish

Instigator
    Student of the sword : crit strikes lowers target damage resistance for 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3% for each stack for 5 sec, max of 3 stack (max is 3 stack per target whatever the number of gwf in party), debuff applies to everyone that hit the target (not only the gwf)
    Fleet footed : bonus is 6/12/18/24/30 % for 5 sec (instead of tooltip bonus)
    Nimble runner : also punishing charge gives 10% damage debuff on target for 5 sec
    Allied opportunity : also gain 10% more damage with combat advantage for 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3 sec
    Group assault : also doubles wicked strike damage debuff on target
    instigator vengeance : REWORK : each time one of your party member is hit gain a stack of vengeance, each time you are hit lose a stack of vengeance (max 20 stack, last 20 sec), each stack of vengeance gives 1% bonus dmg/mvt speed

Destroyer
    Deep Gash : bleed for 20% of power as net dmg over 6 second after each crit (multiple bleed possible, bleed cannot be increased/decrease by any buff/debuff, defense etc.)
    Executioner style : same as preview, except bonus damage is added to reaping strike too
    Relentless battle fury : same as preview, except resistance ignored is 2/4/6/8/10%
    Focused destroyer : same as preview
    Destroyer's purpose : same as preview except 10 stacks max, each stack grant 2% more dmg

Sentinel
    Powerful challenge : additional 3/6/9/12/15% threat to marked targets
    Grudge style : REWORK : add 1/2/3/4/5% bonus crit and damage to sure strike and reaping strike, and they generate additionnal 5/10/15/20/25% threat
    Intimidation : build 8/16/24/32/40% more threat (instead of 5/10/15/20/25%)
    Defiance : generate 8/16/24/32/40% additionnal threat (instead of 5/10/15/20/25%)

I feel these changes will accomplish what you wanted first, ie : fixing deep gash and student of the sword without returning gwf to the abyss of mod 1.
    It's difficult to estimate DPS but i feel these changes should gives destroyer 80-90 % of live DPS, a little less for Instigator but better utility (and maybe a bit more AOE damage), and threat equivalent of destroyer damage if not a bit more for sentinel
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A new build will hopefully hit Preview at noon today. Please sink some time into testing the changes and let us know how it feels!

Thank you for the continued feedback!

Is the first post of this thread (with the list of all the changes in mod3 for the gwf class) updated with the new build ?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Destroyer's Purpose Tooltip
    Destroyer’s Purpose tooltip still states 1% per stack and lasts 20 seconds, instead of 2% per stack and lasts 25 seconds.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Destroyer's Purpose Tooltip
    Destroyer’s Purpose tooltip still states 1% per stack and lasts 20 seconds, instead of 2% per stack and lasts 25 seconds.

Good catch, I updated the text in the wrong place :P
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good catch, I updated the text in the wrong place :P
    << image removed >>
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    gwf only have dps... he need a superior damage. he needs a HIGHER damage it has on live. so that, by theory, be 30% of the damage of live means to be 40/50% of what it should be considering that the change in power gave a buff to all classes.

increase dps class at only 30% would still be a nerf (especially considering the loss of sos).

ps:even though the destroyer has a much higher damage to the cw, more than ever is lower than gf in usefulness (defender).

Can you read what you are saying?

Gwfs should utilize playing skills but they are just utilizing complaining skills...

All "my dps is decreasing 20-30-40% on preview" is a simple misinformation!
    With roar determination will be constant! And 40% dmg increase will be constant!
    Overall dps won't go down that much with insightfull rotation!
    Very easy to fill determination with certain skills! And very easy to keep it up always with 25 sec!

BTw no class is pure dps!
    No class is living from their dps only!
    He needs some utility beside that...! If a gwf has just dps and cant tank mobs and Draco then its no use to a party!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Using roar is not what one could consider an insightful rotation. Roar hits like a wet noodle and by using it, the damage goes down even more since one sacrifices an actual damage dealing skill for it. Roar is like the worst skill for GWF, ever. People only liked to (ab)use it in pvp due to a bug. In pve it is totally useless. One can get better ap gain from just having some recovery, along with actual DD skills.

I think roar is used in some cases in swordmasters rotation for pve because they have no FLS for aoe like IV.

AP gain? Gwfs should care about their determination in mod3! Probably it will worth it!

Pvp? The whole argument was about Gwfs complaining about their pve damage decrease w/o the buggy deep gash.Pvp is a different story.

As the matter at hand it fully charges determination if it's shotted to 3 or more enemy. Ergo full determination can be easily reached to keep the 40% dmg buff.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Can you read what you are saying?

Gwfs should utilize playing skills but they are just utilizing complaining skills...

All "my dps is decreasing 20-30-40% on preview" is a simple misinformation!
    With roar determination will be constant! And 40% dmg increase will be constant!
    Overall dps won't go down that much with insightfull rotation!
    Very easy to fill determination with certain skills! And very easy to keep it up always with 25 sec!

BTw no class is pure dps!
    No class is living from their dps only!
    He needs some utility beside that...! If a gwf has just dps and cant tank mobs and Draco then its no use to a party!

main damage:
    http://s124.photobucket.com/user/felipe_britto1/media/bf_zpsf75f5dca.jpg.html

preview damage:
    http://s124.photobucket.com/user/felipe_britto1/media/reapingstrike_zpsbc506d8d.jpg.html

the rest is just ********

next
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Even without Roar you can keep the 40% up most of the time. That's a non issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    keep stacks of this power will be an additional challenge for gwf. By this I am not worried to say how much the buff needs to be improved to bring comfort.

effort = reward. so it must be with all classes.and what will differentiate a guy who thought your build carefully and a guy who has a perfect vorpal.

is a challenge I'm willing to accept. if I do not get it, my fault. but the possibility must exist and must be rewarding.

that's how I think.
  • Options
    tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Using roar is not what one could consider an insightful rotation. Roar hits like a wet noodle and by using it, the damage goes down even more since one sacrifices an actual damage dealing skill for it. Roar is like the worst skill for GWF, ever. People only liked to (ab)use it in pvp due to a bug. In pve it is totally useless. One can get better ap gain from just having some recovery, along with actual DD skills.

As of pre mod 3 this is some seriously erroneous information , if you are stacking recovery instead of power then you probably won't be losing much dps ..none to start with . Recov soft caps around 3k and you get 1350 just from the avatar of war 4 piece . I don't normally slot roar but do in certain DD's , not for the damage but for interrupting the mobs when red dots cover the floor . I normally use FLS instead but it is a viable skill which deserves a second look come mod 3 when staying perpetually unstoppable will be a gwf's only prayer . I see the price of avatar gear dropping dramatically in the AH , I know I'll be dropping mine and start using the Illybruen set for sure just for the determination . As far as Im concerned destroyers purpose evens out 'some' of the deep gash loss , I think where we are at now is trying to find something to alleviate the loss of student of the sword .
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about. I run around with 20 stacks of DP all the time with my AoW and power focused build. 1350 Power is a straight 8% DPS increase and unless you really need help to maintain your stacks I don't see why Fabled should be superior. Needs testing though, I'm curious now.

The feat is pretty generous actually. It builds in a heartbeat because it procs off Deep Gash and then any hit within Unstoppable will refresh all stacks.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

So?
    Unconfirmed that the 20 stack of DP and the 40% dmg is working here...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    yes, you destroyed my evil plans!

But you do not lose by waiting, I'll be back! ((noise of flying ship))

please sir, please,,,
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about. I run around with 20 stacks of DP all the time with my AoW and power focused build. 1350 Power is a straight 8% DPS increase and unless you really need help to maintain your stacks I don't see why Fabled should be superior. Needs testing though, I'm curious now.

The feat is pretty generous actually. It builds in a heartbeat because it procs off Deep Gash and then any hit within Unstoppable will refresh all stacks.

I understood you to say that it was complicated (bad english). in fact is not much (for some people seems to be, hence my modest caveat).

but there is a delay at the beginning of the battle. the gwf not enter the fight with his "super active feat." this is a point.

but again, is something that pleases me.

ps:I'm giving a feedback based on my understanding of the class.

gwf, in preview, offers less utility than live (sos) . I do not care, because I created a destroyer to damage and threat, and not to distribute debuff.

Now ... if only to do damage, that is rewarding.

ps2: before someone comment "mimimi, a class is not only damage"; in my understanding, the problem of balance between classes is the accumulation of functions.

No class / spec should perform multiple tasks simultaneously and fully. is what I think. it is a bunch of ********** is already another story. but I will not argue with anyone who is concerned to ensure that your class will have the hegemony of the debuff / buff/ super control / super dps / range ...
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    scathias wrote: »
    Currently Student of the Sword currently reduces the opponent's defence by 15% per crit = 45% at the max of 3 stacks. This converts to a damage boost of 9% overall.

Feats: Student of the Sword: REWORK Your Critical Strikes now lower your target's Damage Resistance to your attacks by 1/2/3/4/5%. This effect cannot stack.
    This feat is useless now the "Buff" of gwd lol u guys must be very stupid if u think those chances are "Buffs" it's the ruim of GWF's not a single good change has made if u learn how to read u'll understand.