Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Heroic Encounters

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

Please make the heroic encounters so hard that only diogene0 is able to complete them.

lmao..........
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    not after todays patch , after todays patch have to play thru all 3 phases

Ok that's all you needed to say. I didn't know that. Now, the rest is plain trolling and doesn't even deserve an answer.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    or you debuff it and then use ice knife.

not everyone plays cw they cant make it to hard for cw to solo it since then even 5 man tr,gf,hr could not finish 3 man encounters
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    trolling

Content for 15k+ players is long overdue...
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Content that is hard for you means that it is impossible for everyone else.

It isn't in the dev's interests to spend so much time on new content that only 0.001% of the playerbase will even be able to complete.

Let's just face it: you've "won" the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Trolling is what you have been doing all along with BS claims of one shotting the crystal HE in 2 sec on a 15k mof cw that thinks he is God. If you did it in 2 sec it was only because you killed what was left from someone else. I am a 9k power 17k gs HV spellstorm cw and have been testing preview content constantly. I know that you are severely streatching the truth in just about all your posts about how awesome you are and how bad the content is. Yes the lower end HEs can be soloed by multiple classes at higher gs ranges...but your repeated bs on these forums are not constructive.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

It isn't in the dev's interests to spend so much time on new content that only 0.001% of the playerbase will even be able to complete.

Let's just face it: you've "won" the game.

It's far more people than you can imagine, I guess. There are many players I know who left the game this month because it's boring, easy, and a faceroll. There are also many players better than me. The devs also added a lot of power creep and the logical end is having a lot of 15k+ players still stuck with content for 8-10k GS, when my first char was 10k a couple of weeks after the release... So my claim isn't illegitimate and isn't condescending, contrary to yours.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    not after todays patch , after todays patch have to play thru all 3 phases , you do realize that this content is created with 10k gear score and 3 boons as a gateway into it so bragging about how you solo it while massively overgeared on what is universally agreed to be a hugely op class makes you look kinda silly don't you?

You do realize those are the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER

I play an HR by the way, I do pretty well, had to adjust to the beginning and the changes from last week, and hopefully the changes today. I have seen that massivly OVER-POWERED class get thier asses whipped since the last preview build patch. I have also seen my *** get whipped in the same encounters.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    By the way the totum has over 200k health. 2 sec kill...right.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »

I need to parse that and find out./..or have you already done and can PM...you got me curious.

Incidentally you need to think out of the box on the the Totem HE and they becomes easy..well easy enough for this HR to solo. ENUFF SAID I CAN"T GIVE AWAY ALL MY SECRETS. ( And no no exploits or bugs are used period) I will give a hint though selective targeting.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Maybe they added some health. And doing 200k damage in under 2s on a target as a CW is nowhere near hard, especially when the daily is up. A more detailed answer to your previous post via pm, let's not derail this thread too much.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »

I play an HR by the way, I do pretty well, had to adjust to the beginning and the changes from last week, and hopefully the changes today. I have seen that massivly OVER-POWERED class get thier asses whipped since the last preview build patch. I have also seen my *** get whipped in the same encounters.

Everyone should take what Diogene claims in most of his posts as utter nonsense. He consistently makes wild and outlandish claims that can easily be proven false by anyone that has half a brain and can parse a fight. His most recent claim of a 200k self buffed ice knife is just one example. I am not sure what his motivation is but it has nothing to do with constructive testing of the content.

If it seems that I am derailing this thread...I apologize. ..but my bs tolerance is at an all-time low and I have put a lot of time and energy into my character and testing this module and cannot tolerate hidden agendas and non factual statements.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I need to parse that and find out./..or have you already done and can PM...you got me curious.

Incidentally you need to think out of the box on the the Totem HE and they becomes easy..well easy enough for this HR to solo. ENUFF SAID I CAN"T GIVE AWAY ALL MY SECRETS. ( And no no exploits or bugs are used period) I will give a hint though selective targeting.

After the wild claim of killing it with a single buffed ice knife...I ran it and added up the damage it would take to kill just the totum. Again, I am not claiming it can't be soloed, I do it all the time. I just know from numerous runs that it can't be done in 2 secs with just an ice knife unless you happen to come up on one that is already almost dead and the first guy that took a stab at it before you is back at the campfire...lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    After the wild claim of killing it with a single buffed ice knife...I ran it and added up the damage it would take to kill just the totum. Again, I am not claiming it can't be soloed, I do it all the time. I just know from numerous runs that it can't be done in 2 secs with just an ice knife unless you happen to come up on one that is already almost dead and the first guy that took a stab at it before you is back at the campfire...lol.

I'm never engaging a mob with ice knife. I probably used shard and a couple of spells on my bar and finished off the totem with the daily. I don't remember it well. I do remember an extremely short encounter. There was no "phase", like the patch notes say. I just entered the HE, rolled my shard, used my rotation and the daily, and the reward widndow appeared. I laughed and thought "cryptic design". I was alone on this one in the dwarven valley and there was only one guy wandering on the map messing up my encounters occasionally, so I doubt he started the totem and then died, even if it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Now if they fixed it it's great. That's all i want.
  • Options
    zaphrailzaphrail Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2014

This problem could be solved at least partly by raising mobs levels by 5, 10, 15... ad infinitum from the base level and letting players to choose. Such an approach requires minimum programming efforts unlike creating new content (and could be applied to every existing dungeon/skirmish) and noone would be able to say the content is too easy cause of the possibility to fight 100 lvl mobs having such a wish. Raising reward according to the mobs levels gives incentive (and some players would try it without reward at all just for fun and for records :)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The enemies on some of the 2-3 man heroic encounters in Icewind Pass get stuck under the ground when they spawn in the second or third waves since todays patch, I'll update this post with the names of the heroics I have witnessed this in:
    1) Merchant in distress ( 1074 -32 ) some of the bad guys can spawn under the ground or inside the hillside
    2)Marauding warband ( might be incorrect name 1030 -300 ) some of the second wave spawn under the tree and there seems to be a pause between phases , before the phases spawned one after the other fast.

I think that was the point of the post , the content has to be accessible to players who are only 10k gs and with 3 boons so making it balanced around an over geared player playing an over powered class that is due to be nerfed any time would probably not make much sense. Whatever the case you can no longer smash most of the health from the totems in one hit any longer , they now get that forcefield around them and force you to fight all 3 waves plus they seem to have been toughened up somewhat since before the patch.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug as of April 4 after latest patch
    On the Heroic Encounter Merchant in Distress only 17 of the 21 barbarians spawned. After waiting a period of time the HE was failed due to time contraints. And 5 minutes after the HE failed the horses and merchant were still spawned where the encounter took place
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same observations:

1551 -57 -346 merchant in distress last wave never showed
    1803 -59 -830 maurauding barbarians active but no enemies present at location
    2054 -64 -47 HE gets stuck because the totem never unlocks after the first or second wave
    1258 -35 121 HE gets stuck because the totem never unlocks after the first or second wave
    1307 -35 450 maurauding barbarians are too strong here, same issue with some other occurrences of this HE
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    maurauding barbarians encounter is bugged only 7 of 9 mobs spawn
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lots of buggy HE's after latest patch.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No offence but who did you have working on the Icewind pass Heroic encounters for this last patch? please don't let them near the client again , almost every single 2-3 man heroic encounter on Icewind pass is bugged out with mobs not spawning or spawning under the ground , I went round probably 5-10 before I got tired of looking for an unbroken one and every one was bugged
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Totem encounter is bugged. The Totem gets down to about 1/3rd health and then becomes unkillable (all damage floaters read zero).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The Totem encounter is bugged. The Totem gets down to about 1/3rd health and then becomes unkillable (all damage floaters read zero).

Call Diogene...He can kill it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Call Diogene...He can kill it.

yeah but not just him every cw should able to 1 shot it with iceknife
  • Options
    edited April 2014

It's because the final mob in the second or last phase spawns under the floor so you cannot finish the phase.
    warpet wrote: »
    yeah but not just him every cw should able to 1 shot it with iceknife

no CW can one shot totems any longer
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Scoring for Heroic Encounters participation has been adjusted to better fit a players participation levels.

An explanation of the scoring criteria would help players. Does it factor kills, damage, healing, time-spent? Does everyone who meets a certain threshold get a full reward, or is the reward pool divided among participants?
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Since the latest patch, the collection entries for Black Ice, Hammerstone and Elk Tribe equipment no longer point players to specific heroic encounters. Instead, the entries merely say "Icewind Pass" or "Dwarven Valley". I assume there are two possible explanations:
    • Each piece can drop from every Heroic Encounter in the appropriate zone.
    • Players fumbling about blindly completing the wrong encounters is a source of developer glee.
    I hope it's the first, and that developers get their fill of glee by watching players splat.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's the secret behind the HE rotation? There seems to be a constant stream of class B/C in Dwarven Valley and spawn continuously. Not in Icewind Pass though, C seems to spawn, but Bs are sometimes missing for hours.
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    two30 wrote: »

An explanation of the scoring criteria would help players. Does it factor kills, damage, healing, time-spent? Does everyone who meets a certain threshold get a full reward, or is the reward pool divided among participants?

Yes, please clarify the scoring and if it is related to rewards. As a DC and CW team we duoed through 10+ heroic encounters in both zones (it wasn't easy, and we wiped a few times). While I understand the rewards are somewhat related to RNG, and it's a small sample size, my rewards as a DC have always been less substantial than the CW. (CW got 3 purples, I got 25/35-75 black ice and the occasional green enchant/shard). I was attacking, buffing and healing the whole time, and I made sure I touched every mob, but of course my overall damage is going to be insignificant in comparison to what a CW can do. We both agreed we could not have done the HE without one another, so there is no reason for the reward to be unevenly adjusted. Developers mentioned that you recognize DCs and players in a support role have always been disadvantaged in any type of scoring matches, GG, domination yet nothing has been done about it. Do you truly think we should be penalised for HE rewards as well?
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Feedback: Introduce direct healing for NPC Horses, Wagons, Druids, Spirit Fawns in 'protect NPC' skirmishes

There are a number of HEs which involve keeping NPCs alive while you take down the baddies. While there are various strategies one legitimate method is to heal and keep the parties alive throughout the fight. Right now we can only heal these NPCs via AoE heals such as Forgemasters, Sunburst and Astral Shield. In an encounter like the 'black ice corruption event' involving the druid and 4 spirits these NPCs have only 200k health and go down very quickly. With the incoming damage it's not possible to help heal back some of that damage in a reasonable timeframe without using something like Healing Word or soothing light. It would be great if you can allow NPCs to be targeted for direct healing so we are not entirely reliant on stacking CWs repositioning mobs off the NPCs via singularity.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more