test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma Stealth Feedback Discussion

Comments

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Truckula: Yes saying Drizzt is a wood elf makes no sense, but you didn't dispute the fact that in the newest current ruleset for the PNP game (4th Edition) there is a viable build for Rogues that does infact have perma stealth. If I remember the guide for it there is something like 8-9 monsters in the entire set of manuals that have a passive perception high enough to see them. As long as I dont roll a 1 on my attack i can keep making stealth rolls and stay invisible.

and Iuliandrei I definately see a problem with being perma CC'd or knocked prone. Once our ITC is used we have absolutely no defenses left. All of our burst damage is gone so what is left. All that TR's would end up doing is being the "Support" class that all the CW's here are complaining that they are. Basically it leaves us going back to waiting until someone is 90% dead and than trying to hit with Lashing Blade and hope they dont dodge.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    Sorry but you're wrong. Nerf is FAR from the solution for a class that cant do any good in pve and that have to run away in pvp as soon as someone see them... If something have to be done is a complete class rework to make it balanced in pvp and in pve.

CWs are even squishier and we don't have ITC 1/3 of the time negating CC and deflecting all attacks, and we don't have the ability to re-enter stealth or have stealth to begin with.

Plenty of rogues get away when they botch their stealth rotations and are actually targetable.

Rogues have defenses. You just might have to actually learn how to use them if stealth was nerfed (it's never going to be totally taken away which is what you're implying).

The main thing rogues are worried about is having to "L2P" like they accuse the rest of us when having to deal with them, without the option of being invisible forever.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if we are actively being attacked we cant enter stealth again. Every hit drains away the meter if we are in stealth and if we are out of stealth any hit stops the meter from regenerating. So yes while you do not have ITC/stealth you have something that we do not have which is actual reliable CC effects.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    if we are actively being attacked we cant enter stealth again. Every hit drains away the meter if we are in stealth and if we are out of stealth any hit stops the meter from regenerating. So yes while you do not have ITC/stealth you have something that we do not have which is actual reliable CC effects.

If you would be visible to your victim only for a very short moment, you could attack your victim from behind so he must have to turn to target you in which time you might again go invisible when you stop your attacks. As a compensation changes could be that 1. you stay invisible even at very close range and 2. you have more burst damage (but not too much so that extreme spikes are avoided) OR you get some nasty poison damages.

Another option is to make attacks in stealth less effective, but personally I find the first options more appealing.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Truckula: Yes saying Drizzt is a wood elf makes no sense, but you didn't dispute the fact that in the newest current ruleset for the PNP game (4th Edition) there is a viable build for Rogues that does infact have perma stealth. If I remember the guide for it there is something like 8-9 monsters in the entire set of manuals that have a passive perception high enough to see them. As long as I dont roll a 1 on my attack i can keep making stealth rolls and stay invisible.

I can neither confirm nor deny this assertion, as I pointed out back on page ten, I have never played the actual PNP game. I am taking my lore from the books of which I and a lot of my friends love. Although in the most current book cycle for Drizzit, which includes "Neverwinter" with tag, the prelude to the MMO game, the laws of invisibility are repeated in which someone attacks and loses invisibility due to the laws of magic.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

PS: I love the fact that you didn't mention the names of the top-GWF.

Do tell, I want to know who it is.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    Sorry but you're wrong. Nerf is FAR from the solution for a class that cant do any good in pve and that have to run away in pvp as soon as someone see them... If something have to be done is a complete class rework to make it balanced in pvp and in pve.

They could easily nerf TR's damage in PVP and keep or even buff its PVE single target damage. Or nerf the skills most-used in PVP and nerf some PVE-centered skills.

A lot of things can be done based on how creative cryptic wants to be.

Also, you run away from any battles in PVP? You obviously don't play at a high level. Go to twitch and watch the top guilds and watch how real TRs control nodes against any class, even GWF in some cases
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Reliable CC, huh? One would think so since it is part of our classes name after all. We have great CC in PVE- In PVP, not so much.

1. CW CC was nerfed hard. What should be only a 10% or so reduction with tenacity and CWs ability to penetrate tenacity by a supposed 66%, is in reality working out to be more than 50% or so reduction.

For example, chill strike which should be a 1 second stun is not even usuable as CC in PVP because the duration is nothing more than a stutter. If it was WAI, it should be a .9 second stun and the difference should not even be noticeable. It is noticeable though, so much so it's not worth slotting.

2. Every class (except CWs ironically, and maybe DCs I'm not sure) have a way to negate CC and even get out of it, making it hardly reliable.

3. Our CC usuable in PVP is as follows:

- Entangling Force- What used to be a choke of doom is now thanks to tenacity not much of a bother. It's hard to even pull off a shard combo while this is active because it's so short now.

- Icy Rays- A decent root, no complaints

- Shard- Very difficult to actually hit people with and basically requires CC beforehand. If you nail the combo, it is nice for two prones, but that's nothing special compared to what GWFs/GFs can do.

- Ice Knife- a daily with a prone.

That's 4 CC moves and 1 of them is a daily. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is it. Any other CC like singularity or steal time which are amazingly effective in PVE do not work in PVP because people can easily avoid it.

If anything, I'd say that rogues' CC is more reliable because a CW cannot get out of the silence you guys have (you guys use at least 2 moves on me that silence me, and silence is a form of CC- and yeah it's nuts that you guys even have silence on top of everything else).
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    2. Every class (except CWs ironically, and maybe DCs I'm not sure) have a way to negate CC and even get out of it, making it hardly reliable.
    clerics, or at least divine oracles, only have hammer of fate and that only works during casting. we can't free ourselves with it :(
    If anything, I'd say that rogues' CC is more reliable because a CW cannot get out of the silence you guys have (you guys use at least 2 moves on me that silence me, and silence is a form of CC- and yeah it's nuts that you guys even have silence on top of everything else).

dazing strike is actually very difficult to land, sometimes even from stealth if the target is moving. it's nice when it hits, but it's most reliably used on non-moving targets which may not always be possible or slow moving characters like guardians. pretty much anyone can dodge it by moving back a little instead of actually dodging (the aoe is that small). i have heard of a whisperknife build that uses it as part of a stun combo, but not sure how well that paragon does.

smoke bomb is nice for team-play, but it does not help the rogue themselves much since everyone will just walk outside of the aoe stun which prevents us from meleeing them and thus not really doing any damage. it's best for delaying a couple enemies so the rest of the team can quickly snipe someone down.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Gf and hr don't have a way to break cc. Yes, they have cc immunity abilities, but they're dailies, and have to already be in effect beforehand(villain's menace, forest ghost). Does MoC not give cc immunity for cw's?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Stealthed character can't control capture/control nodes and everything is probably fixed." (So if TR + enemy stand on enemy point and TR is stealthed it's enemy point and it's generating points for the enemy.)
    Just don't forget to also add huge damage boost so even when TR loses a lot of it's utility in PVP it's still viable and also gets more viable in PVE. In single target damage it should kill competition by a landslide.
  • bdawg7777bdawg7777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just had 3 perma's deadlock my whole team... Even when we tried to group kill them they just pop the run speed buff and run away, do a big circle and then come back at full health. Something really needs to be done about this. I can't believe that the Devs allow this to continue. There I said my peace but I think we can all agree that this needs to be addressed.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Perma-Stealth has no place in this game. Rogues should be visible to players if they deal damage or are standing on a node.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fact is. If they "fix" stealth, they should and rightly so revisit some of the other nerfs they instituted in order to try and mitigate perma stealth. You guys can't nerf a class into the ground to facilitate one ability, and then also ask that that ability also be nerfed.

My Gf has 2k regen and those little knives they throw, useless, especially when i block most of them. They eventually have to get close. I fear combat rogues much much more than perma's.
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2014
    Once our ITC is used we have absolutely no defenses left. All of our burst damage is gone so what is left. All that TR's would end up doing is being the "Support" class that all the CW's here are complaining that they are. Basically it leaves us going back to waiting until someone is 90% dead and than trying to hit with Lashing Blade and hope they dont dodge.

Heaven forbid TR's have to use feats and enchants that help them with their defense, deflection and hitpoints instead of just going pure offense.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • leaudricleaudric Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Leather armour for the TR has mediocre AC as compared to Gwf,Gf . Buffing deflection may help but hp and defense is not the point or primary focus for a TR. Out of all the classes a TR should be able to do the most damage 1v1. Lashing blade, shocking exc was nerfed so many TR went with permanent stealth build as a last resort. If you take away stealth you break the class. Stealth is the TR best way to combat being squishy.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have posted about this bug many times but nobody seems to ever listen--maybe it's because it's the only thing keeping us TR from crumbling, and that I could understand we would want to hold on to it. So allow me to lay it out simply:

Permastealth TR are so weak in offense, you couldn't blame them if they do a perma hide rotation. Your problem lies in Perma Bilethorn TR who can use DF (At-will) really well: In my most recent tests last week, Duelist Flurry still procs the poison ticks from Bilethorn 20 times, instead of 10. Duelist Flurry is an At will that hits 10x for very small damage in its third part. Essentially, the poison will tick after 4 seconds (correct) and 8 seconds (bug). It doesn't happen in other TR powers/or other classes. Just Duelist Flurry. Depending on the rank of their Bilethorn Enchantment, that constitutes to up to 1520 unmitigated damage. This damage affects both stealth and your shield meter; and it's not negligible to soft classes like ranger/control wizards. (Don't forget, DF already stacks Bleed.)
    Fact is. If they "fix" stealth, they should and rightly so revisit some of the other nerfs they instituted in order to try and mitigate perma stealth. You guys can't nerf a class into the ground to facilitate one ability, and then also ask that that ability also be nerfed.

I have to support what another person has said before. All the previous nerfs to the Rogue class was majorly influenced by the ability of staying in stealth indefinitely. Therefore, everybody reasoned that we didn't deserve burst damage, and took it away.

Impact Shot nerf: 3 charges were not OP, per se...7 Impact Shot chains are! How 7? Enter Stealth->Impact Shot (1), Impact Shot 3 charges (2.3.4), Shadow Strike->Impact Shot (5), recovery stealth->Impact Shot (6), cooldown->Impact Shot (7). I can personally attest to this because for a while I've used that rotation before it was nerfed. And I can spam IS 7 times in 10 seconds, enough to kill any class. THAT was OP.

Lurkers Assault was OP. Why was its damaged nerfed, essentially destroying our dps potential in PvE. Couldn't it have been that the stealth regen from this bonus was the unnecessary OP?

Tenacity Critical damage resistance -> if we have this, then what was the point of all the dps nerfs we've had in the last oh-so-many times? Every redundant nerf can't be sugarcoated as "rebalancing" if all you keep doing is reduce something's usefulness because the last time wasn't enough.

I should say this:

I am totally on the Stealth nerf bondwagon here; but if you do that, think about giving us back our original role -- being single target damage dealers. Hey, why not even buff Blitz target cap as a compromise? Give us something in PvE, since you obviously hate us in PvP already.

So this is my challenge to everyone:

Fine, nerf stealth, like you did most everything the TR have. Give us something in return. I'd personally settle for Blitz (remove the target cap) and Wicked Reminder (increase base damage) <- these are our PvE skills. If you nerf stealth, I probably won't do much PvP anymore. At least put me somewhere I can be useful. PvE would be a good start.
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I love how you all cry about stealth. Lets look at it this way. ask the gf to not use his shield ask the cw to not use ice. Ask the hr not to use his bow. Seriously what else are we suppose to do. they ****ed up this class so bad it a mess. If they would use d n d rules and not mess with **** they have no clue on the game would have a better community and not so much *****ing. We have no pickpocket no back stab. Smoke bomb useless. They pretty much have killed the class and most will be moving on from this game.

Really devs gets your heads out of cryptics *** and do something right.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    barthan wrote: »
    I love how you all cry about stealth. Lets look at it this way. ask the gf to not use his shield ask the cw to not use ice. Ask the hr not to use his bow. Seriously what else are we suppose to do. they ****ed up this class so bad it a mess. If they would use d n d rules and not mess with **** they have no clue on the game would have a better community and not so much *****ing. We have no pickpocket no back stab. Smoke bomb useless. They pretty much have killed the class and most will be moving on from this game.

Really devs gets your heads out of cryptics *** and do something right.
    did u by accident saw date of last post?:rolleyes:
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    how does this necro even happeN?

were you purposely looking for complaints about perma stealth?

get with the times barthan
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's my idea Dev's put a check box on the pvp Q so if you don't want to pvp with rouges you just check it simple no permas for you in pvp, I for one would keep this box checked, as its no fun being killed by an invisible foe who if you do find can be immune to dmg and then poof there invis again.
  • ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They could easily nerf TR's damage in PVP and keep or even buff its PVE single target damage. Or nerf the skills most-used in PVP and nerf some PVE-centered skills.

A lot of things can be done based on how creative cryptic wants to be.

Also, you run away from any battles in PVP? You obviously don't play at a high level. Go to twitch and watch the top guilds and watch how real TRs control nodes against any class, even GWF in some cases

1.Rogue had to much nerfs, so now rogue is useless class and not wanted in dungeons, hated in PVP for permas only.
    2.You can't escape, GWF can catch you very fast.
    3. Everyone can break stealth even with artifacts, i think cryptic must be creative and fix rogue class.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1.Rogue had to much nerfs, so now rogue is useless class and not wanted in dungeons, hated in PVP for permas only.
    2.You can't escape, GWF can catch you very fast.
    3. Everyone can break stealth even with artifacts, i think cryptic must be creative and fix rogue class.

LOL yeah cause were totally going to waste the active artifact slot to deal with one class ONCE EVERY 3 MIN. Assuming you even have the artifact. That said it's going to happen you can complain all you want but it will not make a difference enjoy at wills draining 15% of stealth meter per hit :p

And yes I am aware this thread is a necro I am responding to the new posts mostly.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ask a wizard not to use magic... ask a gf to throw away their shields.. ask a gwf to not use their swords... ask a cleric not to heal in pvp or pve.. then you can ask a tr not to stealth in combat ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ask a wizard not to use magic... ask a gf to throw away their shields.. ask a gwf to not use their swords... ask a cleric not to heal in pvp or pve.. then you can ask a tr not to stealth in combat ...

Exactly. This is good answer and good question, GF have his shield, and can kill you with one hit. If TR with weak defence have so weak stealth bar, why GF with strong defence have so strong dps capabilities? And then they complain why people play perma stealth. I think they don't realize that perma TR sacrificed skill slots for non-damage skills, that is second issue how hard is to play with perma TR.
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi

These comments are indeed funny - for example, I played a non-perma TR that had poor damage compared to any other class, went perma because I got fed up being one shot killed by CW, GF, GWF, and fed up not being able to survive in PVE. TR's had no other option. Perhaps the new changes will resolve this issue - we will see

Have a fun game all
  • rappscalli0nrappscalli0n Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mat44444 wrote: »
    Hi

These comments are indeed funny - for example, I played a non-perma TR that had poor damage compared to any other class, went perma because I got fed up being one shot killed by CW, GF, GWF, and fed up not being able to survive in PVE. TR's had no other option. Perhaps the new changes will resolve this issue - we will see

Have a fun game all

As a CW i have to admit, that permstealth TRs are annoying as hell, however they usually don't do massive damage and need sevral rotations to kill an equally geared player. I usually switch to Steal Time then and that gets the job done for me 90% of the time. So annoying as it is, i don't have a problem with that, since permastealth TRs can't one-shot people, like they did in mod 1.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    .. ask a gwf to not use their swords...

They wish.
    Unfortunately they have only one sword. Which has slow animations and low base damage.