test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issues: BoE and BoP items as well as long PvP queue time

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

We are well aware of some items in-game which should be BoE when they're BoP and vice versa. Also, we are working to improve PvP queue times as well as resolve some item issues in-game.

There isn't any need to create any new threads regarding these issues for now. I'll be updating you on this main thread in the meantime with any current and future plans.

Thanks,
Pin

Known issue updates:
  • Dungeon queues are not working - We are aware of this and are working to resolve it. - Should be resolved
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmpf. That doesn't change the fact that moderators have handled these threads rather impatiently.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    verzavus wrote: »
    Hmpf. That doesn't change the fact that moderators have handled these threads rather impatiently.

They're doing their best to make sure multiple threads aren't created on the same topic. At the same time, they wanted to make that players follow forum rules and are civil when reporting issues like theses. I set up this thread to distribute any information I may have so stay tuned.
  • Options
    lemartes99lemartes99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If your answer is to delete all the stones, at least consider upgrading them to blue since a lot of people spent time levelling them / gearing them / upgrading them to Blue/Epic.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are to roll back it would've been an idea to just bring the servers down once you knew about the issue. Also if you do, can we have an event extension :D. I don't envy the backlash you'll get no matter what the decision though.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    can't you hire more developers? it seems to me you are severely understaffed.
    Too many bugs in this game, and every patch adds new ones.
    It's a pity, it's really a good game and imo deserves better care.

Sorry for my bad english

Name one MMO that has not had issues on patch day.

Any way, I see this as an opportunity to smooth over some bad feelings from the initial promotion. I recall multiple angry threads over the pet. Take as you will, but to me this is a chance for some good PR. Look at it as serendipity. This cat is well out of the bag at this point, I can't walk into a zone in the game w/o it coming up. Sure you can delete them, but will you alienate more people by leaving them, or by deleting them?

Another game had an issue like this where people were exploiting the Mayan event, their solution was to just give the reward to every player that logged in to the event to pull the teeth of the exploiter. I thought it was a good solution, because you get more flies with honey than vinegar.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Too bad you can't just silence the mobs spamming their sales every other second. It's free dumping like pre Caturday. Extremely discouraging for players wanting to support the game having these kinds of repeat incidents.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Now reports of broken dungeon queues as well...
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys,

We are aware of the current problems with queues and are working to address them as soon as possible.
  • Options
    kostasmakrinoskostasmakrinos Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No problem NW Staff, we still love you :)

You can shut down the server, plan a roll-back and come back online when the issues are resolved.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    all queues seem to be not working. you can queue up but it is dropped after a few seconds. could be because they're ninja patching it. similar thing happened during the v-day pvp stream with the devs. they were able to get it rolling without doing a server restart.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the shard should have been down a while back... :/ the people are abusing this way too much IMO
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, from the looks of the AH, they are working on cleaning things up without taking the server offline.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If you are to roll back it would've been an idea to just bring the servers down once you knew about the issue. Also if you do, can we have an event extension :D. I don't envy the backlash you'll get no matter what the decision though.

I would prefer the servers to go down as well, if there is going to be a massive roll back.
    It really sucks to lose an entire evening of playing when you could've been doing something else instead. =/
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Unlike with other bugs affecting items, there is a clear means to identify players that are entitled to the Radiant stone. Players that transferred in enough Zen during the promo period are entitled to them. Other players are not. Mass-deleting stones should not be required, but rather just deleting stones on non-qualifying accounts.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What about every-man's 'Stone of Radiance' ? Abusers have piled them by the hundreds.

This harms game economy and Cryptic's profit.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, from the looks of the AH, they are working on cleaning things up without taking the server offline.

But how will they handle the hordes of people that are selling the stones over trade for gold/keys/etc?
    And what about the people that fall for it and buy one? Or even worse, several? (Which I almost did considering I only saw one guy selling it in Sharandar, fortunately I Googled the Ioun stone first and saw it was the promo one)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    khris112khris112 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not a roll back please just delete all the radiance stones that aren't in active slot. I just did all those annoying sharad and dread legion daily
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    khris112 wrote: »
    not a roll back please just delete all the radiance stones that aren't in active slot. I just did all those annoying sharad and dread legion daily

I've opted to play it safe, this way it's only my Sharandar dailies that go down the drain if a roll back happens. (and all my Tymoran rewards =/)
    Such an unfortunate way to start the event too.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Returning to this mess, is the server down yet? My patcher will no longer connect, or is this a new issue?
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Relax.

The servers are still up and the issue has been known for many hours. If they were going to roll back, the servers would have been down long ago.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    :p

Lots of players were abused by buying those stones, issue should be resolved more efficiently than this.

**** I was so excited about the new PvP Queue & Gear ! Now I have to wait..
  • Options
    jesttic01jesttic01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't care how they fix it but it must be addressed. They can not keep rewarding exploiters. Just sayin
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »

Any way, I see this as an opportunity to smooth over some bad feelings from the initial promotion. I recall multiple angry threads over the pet. Take as you will, but to me this is a chance for some good PR. Look at it as serendipity. This cat is well out of the bag at this point, I can't walk into a zone in the game w/o it coming up. Sure you can delete them, but will you alienate more people by leaving them, or by deleting them?

Another game had an issue like this where people were exploiting the Mayan event, their solution was to just give the reward to every player that logged in to the event to pull the teeth of the exploiter. I thought it was a good solution, because you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I have played many games, and this is by far the worst in term of bugs and botched patches.
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jesttic01 wrote: »
    I don't care how they fix it but it must be addressed. They can not keep rewarding exploiters. Just sayin

These exploiters are cashers, just sayin
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Would be good to just have a clear answer as wether we playing for nothing (rollback) or if we can continue playing....

• Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    They're doing their best to make sure multiple threads aren't created on the same topic. At the same time, they wanted to make that players follow forum rules and are civil when reporting issues like theses. I set up this thread to distribute any information I may have so stay tuned.

In the future, you'll want to do this MUCH sooner. I've gotta say - I love the game you guys have here, and I understand it's a beta offering, but your customer service is still pre-alpha.

You can take that as constructive criticism or get upset. Doesn't change the facts of the matter much, to be honest. You guys really botched this from a customer service standpoint and you really should make it right to anyone adversely affected*.

(* = I'm definitely not one of the affected. Hell, as soon as I heard about the exploit I stopped moving altogether. I'm assuming Perfect World/Cryptic/WotC/Hasbro/Whoever's Actually In Charge Here isn't completely ignorant of this kind of situation and the aftermath it can have and will be doing a rollback. If it hasn't been done before this post. Which I doubt given the timestamp of the official thread. I mean, YEESH.)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    devaneio wrote: »
    These exploiters are cashers, just sayin

Thats not a reason not to punish them. Im not going to say pw what to do, but giving a paw in the back of exploiter means that more people are going to exploit the game even more.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »

Yep, kudos to Funcom on that one.
    It would be an elegant solution, but I doubt they'll go for it.
    If they decide to let the exploiters get away with it while leaving the honest players high and dry I will be pretty annoyed with them though, nothing like doing the right thing and then getting kicked in the teeth for it when the people in charge let everyone keep their exploited goodies while you behaved as you should and avoided the duped items (which is basically what they are).
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    Thats not a reason not to punish them. Im not going to say pw what to do, but giving a paw in the back of exploiter means that more people are going to exploit the game even more.
    There are hordes of lawyers out there just waiting.
This discussion has been closed.