Install Arc
Options

Known Issues: BoE and BoP items as well as long PvP queue time

12346»

Comments

• Options
    jonleyvaxjonleyvax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If they don't change them to BoP. Wouldn't that make the allure almost useless? Since you could get a free stone from a buddy. When ever you needed one.
  • Options
    magrynmagryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry lads, I'm just another disassociated ion non recipient. I just hope that the poor folks that I gave over 3000 AD to did not in turn gift it on to anyone else. To say that I'm sad about this is fiasco is an understatement....after curling up under my desk in the foetal position following the message Cryptic gave me that I wasn't worthy..I decided to spend yet more AD a,long the same vein thinking that I was indeed .... Un worthy .... I have stupidly repeated the same action three times....I am indeed un worthy
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    They can't. A roll back will make a lot more customers angry than leaving it in though. :/ In the end, no matter what we all say or feel about the issue, it is a customer service nightmare. I do feel bad for whoever has to make the final decision.

I've been reading the other posts and I think a workable idea would be what one person suggested. To make sure the "bound" flag is on all of the stones. It wouldn't undo the economic damage already done, but it would certainly stop the selling without a rollback and without making lots of legitimate players seriously upset at losing all the work and expense they've put out.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I've been reading the other posts and I think a workable idea would be what one person suggested. To make sure the "bound" flag is on all of the stones. It wouldn't undo the economic damage already done, but it would certainly stop the selling without a rollback and without making lots of legitimate players seriously upset at losing all the work and expense they've put out.

I agree with this 100%. I also think it will end up being the final solution.
  • Options
    nwodsolznwodsolz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Name one MMO that has not had issues on patch day.

Any way, I see this as an opportunity to smooth over some bad feelings from the initial promotion. I recall multiple angry threads over the pet. Take as you will, but to me this is a chance for some good PR. Look at it as serendipity. This cat is well out of the bag at this point, I can't walk into a zone in the game w/o it coming up. Sure you can delete them, but will you alienate more people by leaving them, or by deleting them?

Another game had an issue like this where people were exploiting the Mayan event, their solution was to just give the reward to every player that logged in to the event to pull the teeth of the exploiter. I thought it was a good solution, because you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I have never been to an mmo which consistently screw up in some way .. This is the first.
    Not to mention that it take forever to fix something.

Example: CN free DD chest and CN hunter and tr kill dragon from gate glitch. It has been reported numerous time but totally ignored my developers.
  • Options
    nwodsolznwodsolz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with this 100%. I also think it will end up being the final solution.

Well on the bright side it cost a fortune to upgrade to blue quality. So ... Hope the damage some is not too great.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to close this thread now. These issues should be resolved now after our evening maintenance. One solution was to make all BoE Ioun Stone of Radiance BoP. And, we'll continue to evaluate the situation and take further action if necessary. We can't say which steps are next but if we do come up with anything else, you'll be the first to know. Again, we sincerely apologize the inconvenience today's update has caused.
This discussion has been closed.