Install Arc
Options

Known Issues: BoE and BoP items as well as long PvP queue time

Comments

• Options
    khris112khris112 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    capnrogers wrote: »
    The original people who took part in the promotion are the ones exploiting and bulk selling, reward them more?

Imo remove all stones from the game, any enchants / gear in the them should be dropped back to the backpacks.

Legitimate owners can go back and get a new one. If they had an upgraded one they may need to raise a ticket.

The problem is removing the proceeds the exploiters made by selling without a rollback...

Perma ban anyone who sold a bunch of these, they'd know they were exploiting.

wow calm down, its not their fault. No man resists greed.
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sidenti wrote: »
    Just remember we pay to keep the lights on and we deserve respect. That's all. I don't think it's too much to ask, and as it is painfully clear I haven't violated the Terms of Service in saying so, I expect I'll have a post on the topic stay UP for a change. ;-) -bp

*clapping in the background*
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited March 2014
    the only way is to rollback. nothing else.
    many ppl has made profit of gold, selling them for 5-10-15 or even i saw 20 gold each ... i saw one guy also giving them for free...
    those stones are only for ppl who had charged zen as secret promotion.

so i just charged 1k zen for the new promotion (4-10 march 2013) of the new ioun stone of radiance (+power, crit, rec, and regen) and do you think im happy that tons of ppl is roaming around with a free one?

not to mention that many ppl has moved those stones into secondary, third or even n-accounts...
    tons of stones waiting to be sold later... and make profit.
    and ppl trying to defend ppl who has already upgraded those "exploited" stone..really?
    they know that those stones are exploited so why upgrading?
    BANHAMMER on who exploit. perma ban. and let them go to exploit somewhere else.

i hope, like the most part of honest ppl of this server, that there will be a rollback...
  • Options
    dextromandextroman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well this game (and devs) already have bad reputation about dealing with Exploits
    and most of the time people that don't exploit end up screwed.

I'm really waiting what will they do now
    if they again call exploiters and cheaters "lucky" again message is really clear for the future.

Only thing that stop people exploiting/cheating is fear of punishment
    and devs just keep showing there is nothing to be afraid of when you are exploiting in this game.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dextroman wrote: »
    Well this game (and devs) already have bad reputation about dealing with Exploits
    and most of the time people that don't exploit end up screwed.

I'm really waiting what will they do now
    if they again call exploiters and cheaters "lucky" again message is really clear for the future.

Only thing that stop people exploiting/cheating is fear of punishment
    and devs just keep showing there is nothing to be afraid of when you are exploiting in this game.

Once again, I point to the Caturday event - where they banned tons of exploiters.
    Get over the selective memory where you keep mentioning the Nightmares as the only example of how they've ever dealt with exploiters.
    Not to mention most companies don't share information regarding the banning of users.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    More like just fix this exploit and the mess it created than ban anyone. You can't ban anyone for your mistakes, the item was there waiting to be exploited. On the other hand, being one of those who charged zen for it during the promotion, I clearly feel like a sucker.
  • Options
    m3fanm3fan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going to remind the posters of something: http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms Section 15.3 Bottom line is, PWE decides what is the final outcome. Does that mean that a rollback isn't on the table? No. However, it DOES mean that PWE has the right to say "okay, maybe a rollback isn't in the best interests of the community..." Whether you believe that is the appropriate course of action, no matter how much you scream or demand for it, the long and short of the story is that it is PWE staff that makes that call.

Translation = "For God's sake people give it a rest. They are working on it. Continuing to complain or make your "informed" opinions known isn't going to change anything."

I second this.

They know everyone is up in arms about the problems. Maybe more of you should have gotten on the NeverwinterPreview shard to help give this a healthy test? Instead of b1tchin... pitch in. Maybe more of the bugs could have been worked out prior to release. They can only test so much on their own, w/o getting a good number of players to actually "play" the new content. That's why they published the Preview shard, so we could help them test. Remember, this is a Free to Play game, so do your part next time there is a big update coming. God forbid you help out with the testing, but the moment there is an issue, you all lose your minds over it.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since my concern was removed, I will restated it respectfully.

With all due respect,

I fear that the matter will not be handle more gracefully then the matter about the inferno nightmare drop rate matter and that exploiters will, once again, only be branded as lucky since it involves paying customers.
  • Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    m3fan wrote: »
    Translation = "For God's sake people give it a rest. They are working on it. Continuing to complain or make your "informed" opinions known isn't going to change anything."

I second this.

They know everyone is up in arms about the problems. Maybe more of you should have gotten on the NeverwinterPreview shard to help give this a healthy test? Instead of b1tchin... pitch in. Maybe more of the bugs could have been worked out prior to release. They can only test so much on their own, w/o getting a good number of players to actually "play" the new content. That's why they published the Preview shard, so we could help them test. Remember, this is a Free to Play game, so do your part next time there is a big update coming. God forbid you help out with the testing, but the moment there is an issue, you all lose your minds over it.

Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. Time out. Blaming the victims? How is THAT productive?!

The players here aren't to blame. (Well, certainly the ones who chose not to involve themselves in the exploit, anyway.) But we're the ones being kept in the dark and told to "be patient". For how long?

And now we're supposed to do the bugfixes too, in your opinion?!

I'm sorry, but at what point do we start discussing a salary? I mean, I'm paying these guys to produce and bugtest the game, right? XD

Come on!
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I fail to see how your happiness is related to what other people have. You have what you want. Be happy. If not then just be honest and admit you're jealous other people did not pay for it. Just don't claim your happiness is at stake here because it's not. And I doubt they'll sell for much unless people stuff a mailbox full with them and sell then in 2 years. It still remains to be seen if they are worth anything at all by then.

Even if they let everyone keep theirs, I'm fairly sure they'll all become bound properly like they should've been in the first place.
    So those that bought a huge stack with the intent of making money from it are most likely screwed. :P
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    so i just charged 1k zen for the new promotion (4-10 march 2013) of the new ioun stone of radiance (+power, crit, rec, and regen) and do you think im happy that tons of ppl is roaming around with a free one?

Yours was also free. You didn't pay 10 dollars to get the stone, you bought 10 dollars worth of zen and you got the stone thrown in for nothing.
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited March 2014
    m3fan wrote: »

I second this.

lemme guess... you are the one that also exploited the ioun stone? right?

this is not about testing... mistakes can be made while programming... the point is "there's a bug, what do you do?" abuse of it or report it to let it fixed?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    capnrogers wrote: »
    The original people who took part in the promotion are the ones exploiting and bulk selling, reward them more?

Imo remove all stones from the game, any enchants / gear in the them should be dropped back to the backpacks.

Legitimate owners can go back and get a new one. If they had an upgraded one they may need to raise a ticket.

The problem is removing the proceeds the exploiters made by selling without a rollback...

Perma ban anyone who sold a bunch of these, they'd know they were exploiting.

Also one person who got the promotion sells some stone to some one who did not, they in turn resell the stone for more, so forth and so on, not just ppl who took part of the promotion are profiting, how are they gonna track all the sales? Do they remove all the profits?
  • Options
    lemartes99lemartes99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think its pretty clear by now there isn't going to be a rollback.

And without a rollback, I have no idea how they can handle this. If they make stones BoP again, how would this effect the ones in the mail or Guild banks (And i'm sure there are thousands).

If they delete all stones, thats really not fair for the people who got them with the promo. And don't say the people who got the promo are the ones exploiting, because I bought Zen but I never sold stones.

We also have the people who bought them would be out the money, and don't say they should have known better. When I first logged on I just assumed the stones were being found in the Tymora box.

This is really a mess.

They should just leave Stones as BoE, and let everyone have them from the Claims agent. This makes there value 0. Give the people who bought Zen during the period a free pet or mount. Pretty much a win/win for everyone. (Except cryptic, but it is there screw up)
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so what the update on this.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We're likely performing an additional maintenance today so I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xnordicx wrote: »
    so what the update on this.

We don't know. Apparently. But we should by now, shouldn't we?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    We're likely performing an additional maintenance today so I'll keep you posted.

We need details, please. Is a rollback happening? Can I go play?

That's what I need to know, and I'm fairly sure you're not a volunteer. I'm a paying customer. Please answer that one specific question.

Is a rollback occurring or not? -bp
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lemartes99 wrote: »
    I think its pretty clear by now there isn't going to be a rollback.

And without a rollback, I have no idea how they can handle this. If they make stones BoP again, how would this effect the ones in the mail or Guild banks (And i'm sure there are thousands).

If they delete all stones, thats really not fair for the people who got them with the promo. And don't say the people who got the promo are the ones exploiting, because I bought Zen but I never sold stones.

We also have the people who bought them would be out the money, and don't say they should have known better. When I first logged on I just assumed the stones were being found in the Tymora box.

This is really a mess.

They should just leave Stones as BoE, and let everyone have them from the Claims agent. This makes there value 0. Give the people who bought Zen during the period a free pet or mount. Pretty much a win/win for everyone. (Except cryptic, but it is there screw up)

you miss a point.

those ones who made profit. (with gold or items in exchange) the economy of the game is ruined for now.

thats why is needed a rollback.

i have still faith in this arc company. i really hope BAN HAMMER will hit exploiters.
  • Options
    m3fanm3fan Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014

this is not about testing... mistakes can be made while programming... the point is "there's a bug, what do you do?" abuse of it or report it to let it fixed?

I'm watching it happen right now in trade chat. As it always is in this game, people complain when someone else has something they don't or that they want and can't get. So you can't buy it and sell it like they are, how is this affecting you? It's not. So who cares what they are doing.

It will get resolved.

Let it go.

This is a game.

Stop getting so butthurt over everything.

Either enjoy it as is, or stop playing.

No one is forcing you to play.

Let it go.

It will get resolved.
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tymora boxes are only rewarding 2k astros instead of 10k

only2k.png
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014

Why is it people keep assuming this? Perhaps they are just being more adult about it. The likely hood of any regular board user being a massive cheater is slim.

I will however that this problem grows the longer it grows unaddressed. It is most of what I see in chat in game right now.
  • Options
    trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Exactly what I was thinking, the only ones that CAN exploit are actually the ones who can get the legit ioun. All the others are just tradeing.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I don't see why that would be unfair. The rightful people can still claim a new one from the reward agent, can they not? Yes, you'll lose a few hours lvling them, but hey, it's a bug. Things like this happen. It's not the end of the world.

Then give me back the money I've spent to upgrade mine to epic and the hours spent to level it. It's easy to talk from a convenient standpoint like yours, who obviously haven't bothered with this stone like me and others did. So, I'm waiting for your 1,25mil sir as "Things like this happen" and "It's not the end of the world"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    seven7y wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking, the only ones that CAN exploit are actually the ones who can get the legit ioun. All the others are just tradeing.

Actualy, knowingly resaling of illegitimate goods is also a crime under most states/countries criminal code.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    seven7y wrote: »

So the duplicate stones, obviously, cannot be copied. The people getting the dupes can't propagate the exploit.

Which means Perfect World has a perfect storm on their hands - deciding what to do with a pool of likely-high-spending customers messing with their game in a way they may not be able to financially withstand punishing.

Huh.

*grabs the scotch and popcorn*

This should get good fast. XD
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Too bad you can't just silence the mobs spamming their sales every other second. It's free dumping like pre Caturday. Extremely discouraging for players wanting to support the game having these kinds of repeat incidents.

I totally agree! I would hope those who are exploiting will just be banned. Many of us have put in a lot of work since those stones came out, not just leveling the stones, but on other things. It would be seriously unnecessary punishment to people who did nothing wrong and I've talked with some players who said they'll actually leave the game if a total rollback takes place. If there is a way to track "spam reported" players today that would be ideal...they're almost all trying to sell stones.
    Please find another alternative other than a rollback!
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

This discussion has been closed.