test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Known Issues: BoE and BoP items as well as long PvP queue time

Comments

• Options
    jesttic01jesttic01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to say but after the Nightmare exploit was pretty much ignored by cryptic people in this game are NOT afraid to exploit it. :(
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have played many games, and this is by far the worst in term of bugs and botched patches.

Not true. There have been other games that were terrible on patches. Just to let you in on something. You can have the exact same server set up and applying a patch to a server can act differently than what it was like on the other server. So before you go around complaining, you should understand more of the technical side. I have had to deal with customers because of software not working properly on different servers as i was head of tech support for several years with message board software.
  • Options
    capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Aren't the people getting infinite number of stones and selling them just lucky? The devs will be happy for them. Or at least that is the message they have given for similar incidents.
  • Options
    sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    devaneio wrote: »
    These exploiters are cashers, just sayin

And?! By that "logic", organized criminals are patrons of the arts.

Cheating's cheating no matter how much cash a cheater spends. And believe me - there are players who abide by the rules and spend freely who are waiting to see how this is handled.

Right now, Neverwinter has a nasty - and POSSIBLY ill-deserved - reputation for "pay to win". A rollback will show the developers' commitment to developing a quality product first and foremost.

Allowing cheaters to prosper will demonstrate it has earned the "Just Another Evony" title. And rightfully so. -bp
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are hordes of lawyers out there just waiting.

I think you don't know any lawyers to say that, nothing in there require the attention of a lawyers as the TOS are clear.
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It would be nice to know if there will be a roll back. I dont want to play now if it is for nothing. Also if they stones are removed what will be done for those that bought the stones before they knew it was an exploit? Would be wrong to let exploiters get other peoples money while only ones punished would be those that innocently bought them.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are hordes of lawyers out there just waiting.

For what? the people who have flooded the game with the stone were all well aware that it was not working as intended , add on top of that the ToS that every player agreed to follow upon creating accounts I think the lawyers you talk of could be fighting a loosing battle.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It would be nice to know if there will be a roll back. I dont want to play now if it is for nothing. Also if they stones are removed what will be done for those that bought the stones before they knew it was an exploit? Would be wrong to let exploiters get other peoples money while only ones punished would be those that innocently bought them.

agree to that! but innocently bought them? Don't think so...

• Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    azahron wrote: »
    Yep, kudos to Funcom on that one.
    It would be an elegant solution, but I doubt they'll go for it.
    If they decide to let the exploiters get away with it while leaving the honest players high and dry I will be pretty annoyed with them though, nothing like doing the right thing and then getting kicked in the teeth for it when the people in charge let everyone keep their exploited goodies while you behaved as you should and avoided the duped items (which is basically what they are).

Very cool that you knew the game I was referring to. I think you should fight your battles where they will have the most effect. As I learned a long time ago doing game design, it is less about making everyone happy, and more about pissing the least amount of people off.

Heck yeah exploits should be fixed, but shoot for the ones that do true harm the joy of the game to others. Cheating in dungeons sucks, sharing an item that the majority of the game wanted and didn't get is a different story. These particular exploiters look like Robin Hood and less like terrorists. Sad but true.

I hate cheating, but I still see this as a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the least amount of people situation.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    Very cool that you knew the game I was referring to. I think you should fight your battles where they will have the most effect. As I learned a long time ago doing game design, it is less about making everyone happy, and more about pissing the least amount of people off.

Heck yeah exploits should be fixed, but shoot for the ones that do true harm the joy of the game to others. Cheating in dungeons sucks, sharing an item that the majority of the game wanted and didn't get is a different story. These particular exploiters look like Robin Hood and less like terrorists. Sad but true.

I hate cheating, but I still see this as a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the least amount of people situation.

To be honest, i just think you exploited and you're scared to get banned.
    Hurt the most a game that don't punish exploiter by loosing all their good player base and be left with a butch of cheater and exploiter.

Id rather play a game with 1Million good player than the same game with 5million exploiter.

• Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »

It's not even a disaster, there are plenty of green pets that they've given away for free (or at very low costs) during promotions; they could easily grant the Ioun stone to everyone that logged on today and just make it part of Tymora's event.
    Then they could give the people that truly qualified for the promotion something else to still thank them for their support (although the ones that have profitted big time from selling the stones don't really need even more reward...).
    And yeah, I've been playing that other game on and off for a while now, I started playing during the Mayan event (and repeatedly got violated by angry dead things).
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Large difference in the people giving them away to those who didnt have them, and those trying to sell them in PE.

Its a bug, its not an exploit, its a BOE item. Just like all the PVP sets i bought last week saving for this, are now BOP.

Its complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    Would be good to just have a clear answer as wether we playing for nothing (rollback) or if we can continue playing....

Rollbacks are for extreme situations, let's say ..in the event you were able to place negative bids on the AH, stealing everybody's listed items while making billions AD in the process and then buy all ZEN on the market.

I wish people would stop screaming rollback for every mishap. This is easily fixable and for the sake of argument even if it wasn't the impact on the game is minimal.
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Not true. There have been other games that were terrible on patches. Just to let you in on something. You can have the exact same server set up and applying a patch to a server can act differently than what it was like on the other server. So before you go around complaining, you should understand more of the technical side. I have had to deal with customers because of software not working properly on different servers as i was head of tech support for several years with message board software.

I'm a software developer, and I have more then 15 years of experience. I'm well aware of the details behind this kind of operation.
    And so many bugs, update after update, are not the norm in this business.

Sorry again for my bad english
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just re-iterating the whole, can we know if it's going to be a rollback. As it stands you can't queue for anything which means if you've done you're dailies the majority of content is inaccessible.Good exception is... to make a new character, which I'd like to do having made the most of last weeks sale which extra char slots... but, we all know the but here, don't we, or... we'd like to.

So, am I safe in starting a new character?
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sidenti wrote: »
    A rollback will show the developers' commitment to developing a quality product first and foremost.
    A rollback will just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off most of players, right now I saw someone find a Thay book of dead...
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iuliandrei wrote: »
    Rollbacks are for extreme situations, let's say ..in the event you were able to place negative bids on the AH, stealing everybody's listed items while making billions AD in the process and then buy all ZEN on the market.

I wish people would stop screaming rollback for every mishap. This is easily fixable and for the sake of argument even if it wasn't the impact on the game is minimal.

Good old Caturday... at least some of my characters still have that cloak and title.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Rollback????

Peeps thinking this game is WOW.

has never been a Rollback in this game - and I do not see one coming
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    Rollback????

There actually has been one, a massive one during a weekend.
    It's when the people that were affected got unique titles and a cloak.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Caturday_Survivor's_Pack
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pfft. Actually it is the norm in all MMOs. Something can be working fine on the test server and it gets put on the Live server and something breaks. It has been this way since the very first MMO.
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jintortle wrote: »
    Rollback????

Umm.... Caturday. There was almost three day rollback.
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like others here have posted would like to know if a rollback will happen?

If so, it is not hard for a dev to simply logon into forums, and post this. I want to know if all the time i have been playing will be for nothing, and so, I can do other things until a rollback (if one is done) is completed.

Don't waste our and your time (seeing as your time is money to your company), just roll back server with new patches in play and we're fine.

Let us know whether or not a roll back will be done.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yea I got to be honest. Even if they are thinking about doing a roll back they should really let us know. Caturday sucked hardcore after spending hours grinding only to have all that work destroyed. And this time it will be even worse since we have the tymora event happening, would really hate to see my 50 boxes just disappear.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doubt they'll rollback now, they've left it to late, the impact of a rollback now versus the current complaints will be greater. They should have pulled the plug straight away, kind of like they pull the plug on half the posts here.

If every other reply is construed to imply the result will be, in part, with the community in mind, why is it that when the community cries out, it's pushed aside? I know this post is going to get deleted, I'm aware of the forum rules but atleast it will be heard atleast once before being deleted. The response, on whole is absolutely disgraceful.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sylvialynn wrote: »
    Umm.... Caturday. There was almost three day rollback.

I'm pretty sure it was 7 hours.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    crohnsycrohnsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Bug that I have ran into since the update as well

Class: Guardian Fighter
    Skill: Knight's Challenge
    Problem: the casting animation is now interruptable
    Outcome: using any combat action before the end of Knight's Challenge's animation (red line indicator) will cause the power to completely cancel and it to go on cooldown. On rare occasions it causes the skill to be uncastable til it is removed from the active abilities.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty sure it was 7 hours.

I remember being very happy about picking that day to go hang out with a friend.
    The next day I logged on and saw what a major bullet I had just dodged by deciding not to play that day.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Doubt they'll rollback now, they've left it to late, the impact of a rollback now versus the current complaints will be greater. They should have pulled the plug straight away, kind of like they pull the plug on half the posts here.

If every other reply is construed to imply the result will be, in part, with the community in mind, why is it that when the community cries out, it's pushed aside? I know this post is going to get deleted, I'm aware of the forum rules but atleast it will be heard atleast once before being deleted. The response, on whole is absolutely disgraceful.

I'm inclined to think you are right, Spawn.
    It'd be very bad form to leave the entire playerbase hanging for hours while the people behind the screens have already decided to do a rollback.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This can't be fixed without a rollback. Everyone is creating new stones out of thin air and selling them for gold or giving them out for free. Pushing out such a big update with a blatant bug like this is really making me lose my faith in this game...
This discussion has been closed.