test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Guide

Comments

• voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I Rolled wood elf 18 15 15
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    excuse me voltomey is aspect of lone wolf work because i usually solo dungeon alot and i seldom get into a party unless pvp ? but i see alot HR using wolf pack ? so which could be more benefit
    edited December 2013
    ottoarc wrote: »
    excuse me voltomey is aspect of lone wolf work because i usually solo dungeon alot and i seldom get into a party unless pvp ? but i see alot HR using wolf pack ? so which could be more benefit

Lone wolf is broken and pack is just all around better
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    what you mean is broken
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what you mean is broken

It's not working atm. The devs should be fixing that.
  • aenoanaenoan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Never mind. Posted in new Thread.
    edited December 2013
    i found out that actually hr is not really that OP at all..in a team fight i have nothing much to say because is a team right ?? some are good and some are bad... but for 1v1..i found that HR melee is a joke compare to TR or GWP...GWP just kick your butt easily with take down...and tr...just simply stealth and lashing blade and you left about half or even low hp and a few hit than your dead..for ranged damage cw just DESTROY HR..OK ANYWAY THIS IS JUST MY OPINION DUN SAY BAD THING ABOUT IT OK...MY OPINION ONLY...how about someone else come and give some suggestion/opinion...
  • netblaze2netblaze2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i found out that actually hr is not really that OP at all..in a team fight i have nothing much to say because is a team right ?? some are good and some are bad... but for 1v1..i found that HR melee is a joke compare to TR or GWP...GWP just kick your butt easily with take down...and tr...just simply stealth and lashing blade and you left about half or even low hp and a few hit than your dead..for ranged damage cw just DESTROY HR..OK ANYWAY THIS IS JUST MY OPINION DUN SAY BAD THING ABOUT IT OK...MY OPINION ONLY...how about someone else come and give some suggestion/opinion...
    I agree with all of that above.. The Ranger is master of none but can do everything... I always get killed my rogues and Wiz... When a Rogue comes into melee range I switch to melee and don't do any kind of dmg as the rogue does.. I don't have any melee cc that is as good as knockdown or the op stun the rogue gets... I'm at the point where I just stand there and let the rogue kill me lol....... Control wiz just has to freeze me and its over... Contren Shot sucks big time.. the target still can cast abilitys. It needs to buffed... I always cast our range stun that stuns ever 3 secs or so and it barly does nothen... I see my self always running away because of all the dmg that other class's can do.... Sure rangers have a good aoe aat-will but that doesn't do much in pvp...
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    If a certain class is given a tanky build, then it should use it for PvP. PvP is about survival rather than damage, so gear up, spec towards it and you'll see that HR is fine in PvP.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • koengsterkoengster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is a good effort and could be kinda usefull.
    But your grammar sucks so hard, that it is really annoying and hard to read. I do not care about some mistakes in a text, but if I want to publish a guide, I make sure it is readable.
    Give it to a friend to read over if you're not capable to correct it yourself.
    edited December 2013
    koengster wrote: »
    But your grammar sucks so hard, that it is really annoying and hard to read. I do not care about some mistakes in a text, but if I want to publish a guide, I make sure it is readable.

Not my first language so sorry about that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Any way i am going to redo the stats part of the guide yet again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • micky1960micky1960 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First off, thank you for all you have done here. Now let ObsidianCran3 take over, Please.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    micky1960 wrote: »
    First off, thank you for all you have done here. Now let ObsidianCran3 take over, Please.

????? As far as i can tell, Voltomey has fully credited ObsidianCran3 in his guide so this comment seems very unfair.

I certainly appreciate all the work Voltomey has done with this guide and have found it very useful.
  • northe1northe1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    ????? As far as i can tell, Voltomey has fully credited ObsidianCran3 in his guide so this comment seems very unfair.

I certainly appreciate all the work Voltomey has done with this guide and have found it very useful.

This goes for me as well can't thank Voltomey enough! I cant imagine the amount of time he has invested in helping us.
    It seems pretty disrespectful to criticize his grammar after all the work he has done. Its simple if its to painful for you to read it, then dont.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Being grateful goes for me as well. :)

I'm glad voltomey has had the time to do this, at the moment I'm squeezing in looks at the forum on my phone every now and then and I'm barely managing an hour of game time a day at the moment.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • unnoticedshadowunnoticedshadow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    koengster wrote: »

You, horrible sir, are the kind of people that make this world a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you don't want to read his guide, don't. Nobody forced you you to, you jerk. Use it as you see it. It's not his first language and doesn't your sorry *** know English? Use the power of context clues/ grammar to figure out what he is saying. Ungrateful troll. You correct it for yourself and use it,and I don't see you with a guide on the new class.
    edited December 2013
    Ok guys can anyone tell me what does cha give?i read the description about cha but i dont really understand it..what is combat advantage mean?
    edited December 2013
    EDIT: deleted
    edited December 2013
    Ok guys can anyone tell me what does cha give?i read the description about cha but i dont really understand it..what is combat advantage mean?
    It boost the dmg done from combat advantage its good if you running aspect of the pack i am going to Post the HR feats theirs also seems to be a incoming Nerf to master of archery. Sorry about my grammar but English is not my first language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Hey I actually speak english and i think you get out what you mean. My comment about Obsidiancran3 was because i cnanot find his feats words again, i think you left them in the discussion thread.

Anyway keep up the good work. I think you are all we have at present, :). Did that sound mean? sorry, these nerfs already are bugging me into being nasty.
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    It boost the dmg done from combat advantage its good if you running aspect of the pack i am going to Post the HR feats theirs also seems to be a incoming Nerf to master of archery. Sorry about my grammar but English is not my first language.

thx man but u have nt answer my question what is combat advantage mean,is it a at will power or encounter?
    edited December 2013
    And also i want to know if there are any rogues still can do these kind of damage..please watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XLiNcu9SQ and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNq7uJse1k if your answer is yes than hr would die easily at lvl60
    edited December 2013
    And also i want to know if there are any rogues still can do these kind of damage..please watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XLiNcu9SQ and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNq7uJse1k if your answer is yes than hr would die easily at lvl60

Wrong this is the correct one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XliNcu9SQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Nq7uJSe1k
    edited December 2013
    Let me know about your opinion or have u seen any tr can still do like that since module 2 came out..if yes i would nt think hr can live long in pvp..or mayb im just a newbie so this is my opinion only..so pls anyone can let me know
    edited December 2013
    And can anyone point out what race is that curse guy using..i know kalkyom rogue is using wood elf race but what about that curse?it seem to me that his race is hafling or am i wrong? Does anyone know?
    edited December 2013
    And um curious why tr need to up dex/str and not dex/wis like hr..usually tr need to have lots of crit right? Sorry for too many question asking can someone experience ansser all my above qustion? I will be very appreciated
  • eighttonineeighttonine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a question about Sniper's Aim (Feat), at 5/5 gives 20% increase damage at max distance, does Aspect of the falcon affects the effect of sniper's aim? Like at +9' will it be only time that i can achieve 20% inc. dmg, or w/o aspect of the falcon at my max range will it still be 20% inc. dmg?
    edited December 2013
    thx man but u have nt answer my question what is combat advantage mean,is it a at will power or encounter?

Combat Advantage means what it sounds like; you have some sort of advantage in the fight, perhaps your opponent is dazed or has enemies on opposite sides of him or is prone (against your melee attack in 4E don't know how it works in NW).

In NW you get extra damage when you have combat advantage; especially rogues and rangers (if they pump Cha for it). Rogues get combat advantage by using stealth, HRs get it by using Aspect of the Pack Wolf (and a few other ways but Pack Wolf makes it easy).
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    edited December 2013
    And um curious why tr need to up dex/str and not dex/wis like hr..usually tr need to have lots of crit right? Sorry for too many question asking can someone experience ansser all my above qustion? I will be very appreciated

Different classes have different benefits for the 6 core stats, hence they need to boost different stats. In my experience of the game HR is the most stat intensive class.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock