What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Guide

Comments

• Options
    nakagoxxnakagoxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Voltomey where are you spending your Ability Score points after creation, or i should say what is your final non campfire values going to be? Assuming I am an Archer who went Dex 18, Wis 15, and Str 15.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    nakagoxx wrote: »
    Voltomey where are you spending your Ability Score points after creation, or i should say what is your final non campfire values going to be? Assuming I am an Archer who went Dex 18, Wis 15, and Str 15.

On test I did 22 wis 25 dex 18 str But for this guy i mite change it up Mite drop dex down to 20 and put the 6 in Int i want to be able to get 30% Deflection chance The INT will speed My recharges up cuss that's the only thing that hurt's my melee build atm.

My final none buffed bonus will be 20 dex 21 Wis and 17 Str and 17 INT For My new Build

Or 21 wis 24 dex and 17 STR going the old path. The flipping Respecs were broken on prview so i couldn't test all the ability's possibility's with out rerolling and i rerolled 3 times.

Go 21 wis 24 dex and 17 STR for archery though lolz Just max out dex and wis basically. sorry for the long winded reply
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    If your a halfling Roll till you get 17dex 14con and 15str with 13wis Put everything in Con and Wis and that will give you 21con 20wis/Dex and 18str. P.S Halflings can maximize deflection Builds also just to add on to so can half elf to a slight degree. If you want to maximize deflection with Hafling Roll 18 dex 15 wis 13 Strength and put all into dex and wisdom
    That strength roll is very useless,but when u want to have like 33% arp without any enchants!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Gonna be working On this Guide for stuff related to you Archers In the house Going to add a basic Build with some new information
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Anyway hands up for so much work!
    Btw i tested lone wolf again and it doesnt give dmg resist or bonus dmg however it should work, it does nothing.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    That strength roll is very useless,but when u want to have like 33% arp without any enchants!

Oh You can spare 2 points from Dex you can still hit over 30% deflection witch is all a HR needs TBH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh You can spare 2 points from Dex you can still hit over 30% deflection witch is all a HR needs TBH

Na i'm not talking about ur dex rolls, just saying that 14 con, 17dex, 13wis, 15str isnt that great since u would get much more by putting the 2 points from str into wis, since we have arp on like every set, and even when we dont enchant arp and pick the lowest str roll, we overcap it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Na i'm not talking about ur dex rolls, just saying that 14 con, 17dex, 13wis, 15str isnt that great since u would get much more by putting the 2 points from str into wis, since we have arp on like every set, and even when we dont enchant arp and pick the lowest str roll, we overcap it.

LoLoL You don't put any strength at all in any of those rolls. They all take in the 2 points you would get from hitting 30 and 60 and with campfire buff. Also you can get by having just 20 wisdom why cause Crit is the second easiest stats to cap on HR you only need to have 38% crit on a HR for archery and 40% for melee HR Its arguably the most Important thing to stack on the class also. If it realy matter just pull out 1 from con and stick it in dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    LoLoL You don't put any strength at all in any of those rolls. They all take in the 2 points you would get from hitting 30 and 60 and with campfire buff. Also you can get by having just 20 wisdom why cause Crit is the second easiest stats to cap on HR you only need to have 38% crit on a HR for archery and 40% for melee HR.

Well my bad, tought u get that i am talking about the starting rolls!
    So instead of picking 15 str and 13 wis, 15wis and 13 str would be way better!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well my bad, tought u get that i am talking about the starting rolls!
    So instead of picking 15 str and 13 wis, 15wis and 13 str would be way better!

Oh nm i will just go correct Error in that part of the guide TY for pointing it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Any who they fixed re sepcs on preview time to go retest something ty xmousepadx sorry about being thick headed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    no big deal! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Good News is i was able to get 30% deflection chance with just 21 Dex and Elusive Hunter on Preview when i respec meaning i can put all 6 dex points into Int in my melee ranger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mio1968 wrote: »
    There is a misunderstanding that has been going on since the preview discussion.

Aspect of the lone wolf adds mitigation, which means you take less damage. I get the feeling people are confusing it with mitigation reduction, which would be an offensive boon. I have seen a lot of posts claiming it does not work, but with no back up. And some posts claiming it would increase damage. It does not and it is not meant to.

It appears to give you no mitigation, further getting more mitigation is useless anyway, maybe (when it works) it will be good for PVP because it will reduce damage from other HRs and CWs.

But right now its 0/3 for any use. We just have much better choices than Lone Wolf, especially while it appears not to do anything.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully I'll be able to log on eventually tonight.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It appears to give you no mitigation, further getting more mitigation is useless anyway, maybe (when it works) it will be good for PVP because it will reduce damage from other HRs and CWs.

But right now its 0/3 for any use. We just have much better choices than Lone Wolf, especially while it appears not to do anything.
    you hit the nail on the head Lone wolf is only useful in pvp But since the HR is more a team player everyone loves pack aspect In PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ostromennostromenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please, advise how to allocate feat points in heroic&paragon trees for archer build for more dps and damage. Thanks.
  • Options
    frostyangerfrostyanger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi. What do you think about ranger? Is it fun to play and useful? I'm stuck between Ranger and Wizard and don't know what to choose. I play ranger to lvl 5 and it's enjoyable but i don't know how is at higher levels :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My archery Build is now up In the OP with a video From Snow of EoA to boot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowkittyshadowkitty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Link or Screenshot of Build? Dunno how i should skill tho :(
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I must be blind, I am looking at my Powers page and Split the Sky doesn't even show up in the list at all... Does it magically appear later in the list? ;)
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It's part of the prestige path, which does not show up on the list until you hit lvl 30...

... unless you're already lvl 30?
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    thanks to all the theory crafters/preview testers, I appreciate the work even if we had disagreements on stuff :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Shadow5930, ah ok thanks for the info!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    A few people in game ben PM me on my @handle asking why i don't like recovery i might rework that part of the guide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    As I've mentioned in other threads, I plan to do a sun elf recovery build for fast use of everything. So having further insight would be apreciated Volt. I look forward to what you come up with.

@nakagoxx - glad to be of assistance. I know it confused me initially too. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    As I've mentioned in other threads, I plan to do a sun elf recovery build for fast use of everything. So having further insight would be apreciated Volt. I look forward to what you come up with.

@nakagoxx - glad to be of assistance. I know it confused me initially too. :)

For Sun and Moon Elves i advise Running High INT and Couple it with Royal Guard and Storm Step action CD should not be a problem so you probably will not have to stack it.But if you want to use dailies more often slot at least 2k worth But make sure your crit is in at least the 30% chance. I did have a problem with CD on my melee ranger but now that i respect and i am running high INT and Forest ghost with stormstep i dont have a problem any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    BTW forest Ghost procks storm step action each time it does dmg to nearby foes you can completely refresh your skill bar with forest ghost. I dont know if this is a bug or intentional But for melee builds this is fantastic especially PvP Melee Builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like a bug.

Also Rain of Arrows seems to have had a further speed up from Preview making it a more useful power.

5 HRs also cleared CT just fine as expected.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock