What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited January 2014
    Wrote fighter twice, should have been *Barbarian* for the second one...and Chrome doesn't like letting me edit my posts for some odd reason lol
  • Options
    cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    Some you missed (from their online character builder):
    Controllers:
    Seeker
    Invoker
    Psion

Defenders:
    Battlemind
    Warden

Leader:
    Ardent
    Artificer
    Runepriest
    Shaman
    Warlord

Strikers:
    Assassin
    Avenger
    Monk

Edit: there are also the Essentials character classes as well (some of which are very different from the original class - Warpriest for example - its a melee cleric)
  • Options
    vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Assassin would be cooler than "Trickster"
  • Options
    starcherstarcher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want the 4e default of Tempest Fighter.
  • Options
    cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2014
    Oh, I some how missed swordmage in the defenders list.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not saying Cryptic will go exactly by the book with each class but its a good preview of what we might get (Eventually) The site also has the Subclasses for each class, though I didnt see a "Trickster" listed on Rogue, just scoundrel and thief.

Trickster comes from the various build options that existed in the player's handbook (and martial powers book).

For the rogue the build options were: Brawny Rogue, Trickster Rogue, Aerialist Rogue, Cutthroat Rogue, Shadowy Rogue. When they started with the Essentials line of books this original rogue and all it's build options became the scoundrel subclass and Essentials added the thief subclass.
    cpendlet wrote: »
    Edit: there are also the Essentials character classes as well (some of which are very different from the original class - Warpriest for example - its a melee cleric)

It is not that different from the cleric. There were 2 builds in the Player's Handbook for clerics. Divine Cleric and Battle Cleric. Divine was ranged and Battle was melee.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Monk should be higher on the list. I have seen many requests for this class.

From general thread observation these classes seem to be in highest demand:

Druid
    Paladin
    Monk
    Warlock

The other good thing (other than demand) about these classes is they add both distinct play flavor, and have significant lore presence in the forgotten realms setting.
  • Options
    zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2014
    Monk is one of the few that couldn't be achieved by just adding new paragon paths. I would love to see a Monk, and some form of two weapon fighter that is not squishie like the ranger and the rogue.
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited January 2014
    I hope paladin first, it seems 100% silly that it was included, yet fighter was included twice.

Two handed should have been barbarian.

I hope they add Paladin first, then monk or perhaps druid.

If this has taught me anything, its that I was 100% right in avoiding 4e...what a bunch of dreck it is..
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I hope paladin first, it seems 100% silly that it was included, yet fighter was included twice.

Two handed should have been barbarian.

I hope they add Paladin first, then monk or perhaps druid.

If this has taught me anything, its that I was 100% right in avoiding 4e...what a bunch of dreck it is..

Well they have been working on Warlock since Closed beta (as well as Ranger) I have a feeling well get Lock next [whenever that is] then Druid after, and with the druid release well probably get the rangers 2nd paragon path included...After that I would bet they would be working on a heavy armor type class, probably paladin
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seen a lot of class suggestions threads, and paragon path suggestions, but you have to remember NW uses 4e. Found a easy enough site for info on 4e if anyone is interested.

http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/D%26D4_Wiki

So it seems there should be eventually a total of 10 classes, not all seem to get 3 paragon paths.

Ranger-
    Paladin-
    Druid-(Seems itll have a beast form, probably going to be its TAB skill)
    Warlock-
    Rogue-
    Cleric-
    Bard-
    Fighter-
    Wizard-
    Fighter-

Not saying Cryptic will go exactly by the book with each class but its a good preview of what we might get (Eventually) The site also has the Subclasses for each class, though I didnt see a "Trickster" listed on Rogue, just scoundrel and thief.

the paladin became the Guardian Fighter and the Barbarian became the Great Weapon Fighter. sorry to burst ya bubble. and trust me i wanted paladin so bad but pwe shelved it. The Bard is a no go as well PWE isnt going to pay for more music for the bard. (that is my opinon.) what classes shall we see? who knows and for how much longer with other mmos soon coming out but i would love to see a druid and the invoker or some other melee class like Warden
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the paladin became the Guardian Fighter and the Barbarian became the Great Weapon Fighter. sorry to burst ya bubble. and trust me i wanted paladin so bad but pwe shelved it. The Bard is a no go as well PWE isnt going to pay for more music for the bard. (that is my opinon.) what classes shall we see? who knows and for how much longer with other mmos soon coming out but i would love to see a druid and the invoker or some other melee class like Warden

Yeah its pretty dumb, specially since forgotten realms has more paladins in it than any other dnd Setting. Also a far more interesting class than warrior. Warrior in 4e is a pretty boring class. in 3e they got tons of bonus feats and you could build a very interesting character. in 4e they were sorta blah, so like you said because they HAD to have fighter they just had two types that sorts of assume the roles of other classes. Instead they should have had: the 'fighter class' heavy armour, dual wield dps. then have paladin be the tanky type, and barabarian the 2 hander type.
  • Options
    g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    I think a paladin should be able to swap weapons like a ranger. Their main weapon can be used either two-handed for more Offense or change to a 1 handed weapon plus add a shield for more defense. The encounter skills can also be split based on which weapon they're wielding.

I would prefer a Striker paladin. They were such good strikers in 3rd edition.

For a second Defender class, I vote Druid, even though 4e has them as Controllers. Defender Druid could attract people that would not normally play tank classes, and increase the tank population, whereas Defender Pallly would just compete with GF for players.

Third, I'd love Battle Cleric for a second Leader class. I think most of the pieces are there to make them, Cryptic would have to combine GF weapons with DC paragon paths somehow though.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Moderator Notice:
    . . . . . Class threads merged and subject renamed to allow this thread to be the New, "New Class(es) Feedback Thread!"

lol interesting, was wondering how the post got so big all of a sudden
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . I'd really love to play a Druid as this is the class I love the most in D&D with wizards/sorcerers being a close 2nd. My second most wanted class at this point is actually a Paragon Path for a wizard class, the "Simbarch of Aglarond." I'd also really enjoy playing a Paladin for sure.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    lol interesting, was wondering how the post got so big all of a sudden
    Yeah, we're merging all class/paragon request related threads into here.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Possible, Like I said I wasn't implying Cryptic was going to go exactly by the book with each class, and we may never get all the classes, and paragon paths. I would prefer a pure Paladin, but I'd even give in to GF having a paladin paragon path, which would be a cheaper way I guess of still having one.

Well we're def get the invoker, or warlock, It has been in the works since closed beta. People actually found gear for warlock and ranger while playing which is how that info got slipped lol...When we'll get it? Who knows, HR's only been out a good month, almost 2...So maybe next Dec? Have to wait and see. A lot of people expecting Druid after, since its a much wanted class, and we're really in need of more heal options.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Here's a refresh of an earlier post of mine with details on the 4e classes and races:

. . . . . I made this list a while back and happen to have had it bookmarked from an old Class thread:

Classes:
    PHB1: Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard.
    PHB2: Avenger, Bard, Barbarian, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, and Warden.
    PHB3: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, and Seeker.
    (PHB3 also introduces hybrid classes for Artificer, Ardent, Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Battlemind, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Invoker, Monk, Paladin, Psion, Ranger, Rogue, Runepriest, Seeker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Swordmage, Warden, Warlock, Warlord, and Wizard)
    NWCS: Swordmage, Warlock, and Spellscarred.

Races:
    PHB1: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    PHB2: Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, and Shifter.
    PHB3: Githzerai, Minotaur, Sharmind, and Wilden.
    FRPG: Drow, Genasi, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling.
    NWCS: (Racial Variants) Dwarf, Eladrin, and Elf.

. . . . . All this information comes from my own 4e Rulebooks and not from Wikis. These are Core Rulebooks and not Supplements.

Key:
    PHB1 = 4e Player's Handbook 1: Arcane, Divine, and Martial Heroes
    PHB2 = 4e Player's Handbook 2: Primal, Arcane, and Divine Heroes
    PHB3 = 4e Player's Handbook 3: Psionic, Divine, and Primal Heroes
    FRPG = 4e Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
    NWCS = 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting
  • Options
    elsumonnerelsumonner Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So just a silly question:it is posible to make a class that have the summoning feature?(Ofc apart from the mainstream companion.)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    elsumonner wrote: »
    So just a silly question:it is posible to make a class that have the summoning feature?(Ofc apart from the mainstream companion.)
    . . . Right now, no. There is no class with an inherent summoning ability. In the future, this is most definitely possible. It's been confirmed by the Development Team that they are really only limited on what Classes (and races) they can bring into Neverwinter by what Classes and Races are in 4th edition. So... relatively speaking, the sky's the limit.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Warlock is definitely on it's way. There were Warlock Gear Pieces that dropped during the closed and open betas.

However, I recently saw a half orc NPC in the Tower District named "Delban Proudfist" wearing armor that looked like some kind of Oriental Adventures cloth across the chest with his belly bare and large glove/bracers and stuff. I think it was gear meant to be worn by a monk.

Paladins are going to be awesome, for certain. Plate at level 1? Rawk. And you can be more or less certain that they will happen, since we need another defender, soon. Leaders, though, are also on the thin side. And while Bards are awesome I'm kind of hoping for Warlords!
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    kharnykharny Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i think a knight would be fun, where they cant be dropped off their mount when fighting but have only a 30% speed increase in battle, as well as being able to use lances on there main hand and swords/shields off hand. ofcourse you cant really use the most fun feature of knights till 20 which is a bit limiting but i think it would be a ton of fun knocking everything on its back on top of a giant pig/lion/panther/pegasus/goat like creature
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kharny wrote: »
    i think a knight would be fun, where they cant be dropped off their mount when fighting but have only a 30% speed increase in battle, as well as being able to use lances on there main hand and swords/shields off hand. ofcourse you cant really use the most fun feature of knights till 20 which is a bit limiting but i think it would be a ton of fun knocking everything on its back on top of a giant pig/lion/panther/pegasus/goat like creature

A GF is already what most would consider a "Knight" but, mount combat for everybody would be interesting.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The ranger class has been launched not long ago, and it s pretty soon to talk about it, but whatever.
    I really don t know wich race should be added, but about the classes i d love to see a tinker class, like the tinker gnomes (yeah they are from dragonlance, but who cares) using a blunderbuss and weird devices, or a bard class with party support and spells (it would be a more elf oriented class, and we had enough of those already)!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I like the druid too, but the HR nature path is a lot like what you expect from one. And GF is some sort of paladin (maybe a new paragon path). A necromancer could be cool too, but i don t think neverwinter will go well with a summoner type of class though.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see a class that deal with summoning - it could function similar to a CW's shield power, where there is one version that summons/creates the effect, and another power that replaces it when the effect has already been summoned - like you use the encounter to initially summon a creature, and the encounter becomes a command for it to use a special ability or get unsummoned once it's out...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just want a race with str/cha wis/cha or str/wis roll... Clerics have no race with their primary and secondary ability score included in race ability since beta.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I would like to see a class that deal with summoning - it could function similar to a CW's shield power, where there is one version that summons/creates the effect, and another power that replaces it when the effect has already been summoned - like you use the encounter to initially summon a creature, and the encounter becomes a command for it to use a special ability or get unsummoned once it's out...

Unless pet AI and command ability gets a serious improvement. I cant honestly see a summoning classing being viable. Such a class would all but be dead on arrival for grouping. Considering how popular most pets are in a group setting. I can see a class that leans heavily on one being little more then poison to a group.
  • Options
    kharnykharny Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Unless pet AI and command ability gets a serious improvement. I cant honestly see a summoning classing being viable. Such a class would all but be dead on arrival for grouping. Considering how popular most pets are in a group setting. I can see a class that leans heavily on one being little more then poison to a group.

well thats all about how you did it, what if its a normal spell, that deals damage and leaves the summon that attacks and behaves normally, but reactivating the ability for the next 6 seconds gives it the command to use a bound spell that that summon has, for example one has a small aoe fire ball that if targeted on an enemy it shoots it at, but then right after it resumes acting like a companion, one gives a slow or a debuff, another could heal. the dailies could be really epic, maybe generating different towers with hp equal to half of your teams combined hp that has 500% threat and burn things around it for 400 damage/ second, or a giant demon that, when having its ability reactivated, would explode and deal massive damage.

in mmos summoning is always hard to control, i think if perfect world do it right it could be awesome
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    I just want a race with str/cha wis/cha or str/wis roll... Clerics have no race with their primary and secondary ability score included in race ability since beta.

If you are really worried about mix/maxing a cleric then you should play a human, nearly every build on the internet for most of the classes say that the 3 extra feats are more useful than the extra 2 attributes points.
    I guess if you want a cleric race they coul add the aasimar, it s quite cleric and paladin oriented, or even bards (aasimar are the oposite of thieflings, instead of half demon they are half celestial, and they have hot babes)
This discussion has been closed.