What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Refinement System - Pt. 2

Comments

• Options
    zealitzealit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyone know if it is a bug that a matching shard gives 4320 RP and a non-matching one only 540 RP? I thought the bonus was twice the base RP and thus, a shard was worth 2160 RP. When has it been changed?
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The last patch they changed the refining point gain of dissimilar shards from 2160 to 540.

Cost of perfect vorpal assuming:
    Dissimilar shard cost: 2k AD, 1216 shards= 2.432M AD
    Vorpal shard cost: 20k AD, 32 shards= 640K AD
    Coal ward cost: 150k AD, 15 coal wards= 2.25M AD
    Greater Mark of Potency: 75K AD, 10 marks= 750K AD

Total: 6.072M AD

If sapphires from Wondrous bazaar is used instead, it would be 7.580M.

In other words, perfect vorpals will be cheaper, but most other enchantments may stay the same price or become more expensive. Hurray cryptic!
  • Options
    zaphrailzaphrail Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    Why the hell u have ninja-nerfed non-matching shards points?
    Thats ridiculous. The system which supposed to become much more friendly and easier is becoming expensive almost as it has been - after that ninja nerf and coals BoP. Non-matching shards will be almost as useless as now, taking slots instead of bein used, and wards will cost tri[ple as much at least
    And i have supported ur supposed 'improvements'
    Shame on u :/ Shame on me :/

Well Ninja-nerf points 4 times more, and eliminate wards at all (except zen store). and put marc's chans on epic bosses to 0.0001%, and rise marc price to 1 mill ad - just be4 dec 5th. that will be just in line with this improvements and perfectly colour ur tactics (to that donks that like me thought u wanna help yr players)
  • Options
    icky1982icky1982 Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2013
    there is normal nerf.

It was ridiculous to have same refining pt with a shard and with a N6 enchant
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Crying ppl are player who have been owned by their cupidity.

You use test informations to win AD , but there is TEST server, so not definitve ...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    icky1982 wrote: »
    there is normal nerf.

So instead of risin R6 enchant points (to reasonable amount) we r nerfing shard points to hell. Nice decision.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    there is normal nerf.

Ya this is test server. BUT. We we supporting changes (PR, yes) as they have been. And ninja-nerf almost every + of that changes to hell just be4 goind live is ...

Which donk will beleive u in the future?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    LMFAO , this nerf to shard is going to annoy a lot of people , over the past few days I have seen lots of players buying up 'any shards' , now they have to buy four times as many .
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    zaphrail wrote: »
    So instead of risin R6 enchant points (to reasonable amount) we r nerfing shard points to hell. Nice decision.

If rising N6 ... u must rising N5 , N 4 ....

So its easier to nerf shard.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    If rising N6 ... u must rising N5 , N 4 ....

So its easier to nerf shard.

R5+ r supressed, there points r much less than there components atm. nothing special to rise that to actual amount
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    LMFAO , this nerf to shard is going to annoy a lot of people , over the past few days I have seen lots of players buying up 'any shards' , now they have to buy four times as many .

thats crazy. we supported the changes on 2 points: 1) new system is easier and require less space 2) new system is cheaper
    now after BoP coal wards and ninja-nerf non-matchin shards to hell both points r at most shady...
    perfect will cost the same 10 mill ad, we'll have to have the same shards in our slots. What's the point?
    movement for movement?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Its always like that , BIG up and some nerf after to arrived at a "normal" situation...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think shard will give aroud 1080 pt : more than N5 but less than N6
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Its always like that , BIG up and some nerf after to arrived at a "normal" situation...

nothin normal, New system have been criticised, Critics were wrong -but now they r right, NEW system is as expensive as it was, as troublesome, and as spacy. They made it as 'good' as it was. Just in 2 steps
    even more - they PROMISED a new better system. and they lied. just lied
    shame on everione which beleive them since
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Its cheaper for Weapon enchant / and rank 1 - 7 enchant.

You cry because its more expensive to make enchant because shard will gives 540pt.

The pb is not that shard will gives 540pt, there is the price of Shard. 2k is too expensive !

Shard will cost 800 AD like before rush AH of server test user...

Test users wants to "scam" other player with this informations. You have been OWNED , that s all
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Shard will cost 800 AD like before rush AH of server test user...

Shard will cost 5k AD (key to dungeon costs 5k AD :) Perfect will cost 10 mill. No free slots for shards. Nothing is changed
    *i forgot, coal ward will cost 300k+ ad
    enjoy

15*300 = 4.5 mill. + 10*100 = 1 mill (if criptic wouldnt ninja-rise the cost:) - who can bet on that. donks prolly?) + 2k *5k = 10 mill. 15 mill for perfect. hooraa :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Shard s cost depend offer/demand.

If shard gives 540pt , price decrase automaticly thats all
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Shard s cost depend offer/demand.

If shard gives 540pt , price decrase automaticly thats all

price is one dimension. necessity to have 2k shards (u earn 1 shard from 1 dungeon avg) instead of 500 shards - well, its physical requriment
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You base yr argment on false hypoth.

Coal ward never cost 300k ( coal can obtain with trad bar ... so around 150-200k)

Shard will cost less 1k ...
  • Options
    zealitzealit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zaphrail wrote: »
    thats crazy. we supported the changes on 2 points: 1) new system is easier and require less space 2) new system is cheaper
    now after BoP coal wards and ninja-nerf non-matchin shards to hell both points r at most shady...
    perfect will cost the same 10 mill ad, we'll have to have the same shards in our slots. What's the point?
    movement for movement?

I kinda agree with this. Moreover, with point 2, we were setting up nicely for competitive PvP and module 3 that's supposed to be the PvP module and Shards at 2K RP provided a good sustainable XP rate for those that ran dungeons without going overboard.

It's also kinda worrying that these kinds of change are not in the change log.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Shard cost serve only for little number of players...

Look the rush to sell shards now.

Some player sell thousands of shards and pray to find pigeon to buy it...
  • Options
    xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    The amount of items needed are totals--meaing to go from "Shard" to the respective level. Therefore: you need a total of 15 Coalescent wards to go from shards to a Perfect enchantment.

For some reason, the Plaguefire enchant have a different RP requirement. Or am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Plaguefire comes to lockbox ,

no exist shard of plaguefire may be the reason

Use similar shard gives more refinment point , so no exist plaguefire shard , = no bonus to use similar shard. ----> less refinment point needed ---> for equality
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Boohoo devs, why nerf shards? the only thing that made the new system "cheaper" now its pretty much the same i price as the old system, yes we need only 1 chat for r8-10 but we will need as much money to add the RP as we would for 2 extra enchants..., with coals(or u can try 987695476 green wards on 10% chance) rising in price(unless u got 50 chars on ur acc and u pray on all of them), R8-10 is as unattainable as it has been before even for normal players not just casuals. Only amazing change is the ability to unslot without paying 100k-900k so that will make it a tiny bit easier. I guess i can't complain but the statement they made about the system being more accessible is false... Everybody just wants money we get it, but why make promises and not deliver afterwards? unsloting price decrease does not= making the system more accessible.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    the pb is difference between enchant R5 / R6 compared to shard. It s stupid to have same point given with a shard and with a rank 6
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everything is ok so far but nerfing the RP gained when you use the shards was terrible, looks like it is going to take years in order to upgrade everything to the max lvl, really years! Enchantments for our character, companions, shards to perfect, artifacts to legendary... It is just too much, keeping the shards as they were before is just perfect.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    warbong1warbong1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shard nerf? What happened to more accessible and cheaper? I'm sorry but this is now looking like, "lets totally pull the rug out from under our customers". "We'll get them thinking we're on their side then...."
    I'm gonna wait and see what comes out on the 5th before making my decision on whether to waste any more time with this game. By their current performance on this module, its not looking good...in fact it looks like stagnation and greed are the top priorities.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2013

My feedback is two fold. a) lowering the RP value of the shards this close to release is terrible. No where in these 28 pages of feedback or the previous's thread 20+ pages does it say we are getting too much value. Why even give a new system if the costs are going to be the same as the old. Should have just kept the old system and used the man hours for more content, fixing exploits. I do not agree with the changes and either does anyone else.

b) I don't like the way this was added and not in the notes. You recently changed the coffer's as well this way. Any changes to value of enchantments should be open and shown to the players. Finding out by accident that shard's are worth 1/4 of what they were is poor form.
  • Options
    pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2013
    so getting shard is like having rank 5 drop for you for refinement its still not bad
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Before preview Shard cost 800AD

After preview cost 2.5k AD

Price grow up artificialy by players of test serveur. If players dont try to make money with not definitiv information

a shard would cost 800AD for 540 point refinment point, equivalent at the 2.5k for 2160point today.

Players who try to fuuucked all other have been OWNED.

Price of shards will decrease and cost of refinement will decrease. Players who have buy shard last month will loose money

That s all.
This discussion has been closed.