What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of Active Bonuses for companions.

Comments

• Options
    equilamequilam Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cat - Reduce falling damage by 25% ??????????????????????????

Are you kidding me???? Where are cat owners? Why is nobody talking about this?
    Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. As a Cleric I get bossed around by this game enough, could you please make the cat bonus better? The cat was expensive enough that I can expect something useful. Suggestion for the cat bonus: + 105 Regeneration and Armorpenetration or + 105 Regeneration and Critical Strike. Dear gamedevelopers please don't fool Ca$hplayers.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    equilam wrote: »
    Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. As a Cleric I get bossed around by this game enough, could you please make the cat bonus better? The cat was expensive enough that I can expect something useful. Suggestion for the cat bonus: + 105 Regeneration and Armorpenetration or + 105 Regeneration and Critical Strike. Dear gamedevelopers please don't fool Ca$hplayers.

If they were to change the cat bonus to stats, I would think deflection would be the most fitting the theme due to cats being quick. Maybe an offensive stat with it if they want to make it a double stat.
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    If they were to change the cat bonus to stats, I would think deflection would be the most fitting the theme due to cats being quick. Maybe an offensive stat with it if they want to make it a double stat.

Cats always land on their feet, thus 25% fall damage reduction... 'nuff said for "theme".
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Cats always land on their feet, thus 25% fall damage reduction... 'nuff said for "theme".

And if it is changed, whatever the bonus should be should also match the theme as opposed to picking 2 random stats to give a bonus to.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    The active slot effect of Honey Badger need to be changed. Its to powerful/same as some of the powers of Angel of Protection offer.
    But without of some disadvantages: 1) it is always active and don't need to be summoned. 2) it has no cooldown - ward has it but offer more reduction - or more damage reduce as Protection Ward. So it reduce Angel of Protection usefulness by its own only active slot effect.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Reposting from official feedback thread page 3 where it may have gone under:

I feel that the Fire Archon buff is too powerful compared to that of other Active Companions. 5% bonus damage on enemies below 50% health is almost as powerful as Control Wizard's Paragon feat Tempest Magic and equivalent in power to other Paragon feats.

Considering that Fire Archon costs 1000 trade bars (same as Ioun Stone of Might, which is only classed Uncommon in exchange), the bonus should at most be 2% bonus on enemies below 50% health at max level.

Additionally, I feel that there are too few Active Companion bonuses that apply to the summoned Companion. The majority apply to the player. Those that apply to the companion are generally quite lacklustre in comparison too (with exception of the 50% crit severity), which does in no way encourage players to consider having a non-Augment companion as their summoned one.

It would be nice to see the player targeted buffs be generally weaker and more affected by diminishing returns or having only utility/niche effects (such as Cat fall damage reduction, increased incoming health amount etc) and companion buffs improve their survivability/damage output.

This could be achieved by giving them bonuses such as a fixed amount of bonus damage mitigation, damage return/reflection based on damage taken, 50%+ thread reduction etc
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Quick question, does the skeleton warrior become automatically upgraded to purple from green? I noticed upon logging into preview it's now purple, intentional? I'm assuming yes, as you can't actually upgrade this companion on normal shard.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Quick question, does the skeleton warrior become automatically upgraded to purple from green? I noticed upon logging into preview it's now purple, intentional? I'm assuming yes, as you can't actually upgrade this companion on normal shard.

I doubt it is intentional and will likely be corrected before module 2 hits live.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If that's the case, how accurate are these companion bonuses? Will the skel warrior remain as it is or be lessened due to the possibility of an unintentional upgrade?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    If that's the case, how accurate are these companion bonuses? Will the skel warrior remain as it is or be lessened due to the possibility of an unintentional upgrade?

They are accurate for their default quality (unless otherwise indicated). I believe Skeleton Warrior is green by default, so it would get 55 in the two stats at that quality.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Additionally, I feel that there are too few Active Companion bonuses that apply to the summoned Companion. The majority apply to the player. Those that apply to the companion are generally quite lacklustre in comparison too (with exception of the 50% crit severity), which does in no way encourage players to consider having a non-Augment companion as their summoned one.

The only reason they made this active companion feature is to boost the sales of companions. They know that normal companions are weak and people hardly ever summon them but rather stick to their augments but with active bonus they now become needed. Basically you just buy the stat and not the companion - no one cares if you have a not summoned but active fire archon or skeleton warrior as long as the companion has the right stats. Cheap marketing trick actually because now they just can put new companions up on the ZEN store that can be crappy like hell if they just bring the right combinations of stats. Then people might buy them to get a little benefit on top to their class.

So I doubt that they change the stats so that they transfer mainly to the companion itself. They know they high level players will anyway not use companions other than the augments. To get more money from those players the feature "buy stats through the purchase of companions" is the best they can do to earn money. Later they just need to increase the active slots and make them purchasable as well.

Not saying that I like this idea, basically it makes not much sense from a RP point of view to get a bonus from a companion that isn't even standing next to you. But at least with this feature you might have some use for some companions now. Like the Armored Orc Wolf - his extra Crit comes handy, before I only used him when I levelled and never again until now on preview server.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Added Forest Hawk (under Domesticated animals) and Wild Hunt Rider (under not in a collection) to the list.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    All active bonuses should increase in effectiveness as the quality of the companion increases. See Dardove's post above for the stat based active bonuses. (White double stat is 15 btw).

The Tomb Spider's Deadly Poison ability is a DoT that does more damage than the Wererat's Poison ability.

The Angel's ability gives you 10% of your max hp in Temporary HP (though these HP don't go away out of combat) when you are revived.

Thanks for the info , is there any chance that you can take a look at the Cat companions active bonus please? -25% fall damage is just completely useless in this game.
  • Options
    starsk7starsk7 Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info , is there any chance that you can take a look at the Cat companions active bonus please? -25% fall damage is just completely useless in this game.

UGH! this is soooooo disappointing. 25% fall damage? for an 833k ad companion? Really?

Ioun stones everywhere guys, it's not even fair. I just wanted a cat (saving up to buy one) but with this bonus it's kind of heartbreaking. Hell, even if they kept the 25% useless stat but added one other stat (deflection cause cats are nimble?) would be moderately better. How it is now though, I might not even get the cat and just be like EVERYONE else and get an ioun stone.

No varriety :(
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just be happy you only paid 833k AD many of us paid 980k before the drop in price (like I did of course!)
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How is a 25% reduction in fall damage useless. There are lots of areas where you can jump down from and take damage.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could someone please explain exactly what...
    Forest Hawk - On At-will Use: Damage bonus increases as the then increases with a maximum of +10% bonus damage at 100'.

...that means? :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sorry about the anchorman reference in advance but....

why is tomb spider 1% of the time (all of the time) and wererat 3% of the time (all of the time) when they are both blues? and whats the diff between deadly poison and poison?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can get both poison and deadly poison damage effects from drinking unstable potions. Deadly poison does more damage per tick. Can't give you numbers.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can get both poison and deadly poison damage effects from drinking unstable potions. Deadly poison does more damage per tick. Can't give you numbers.

hmm so do i buy one as its on sale today is the next question....
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    How is a 25% reduction in fall damage useless. There are lots of areas where you can jump down from and take damage.

So you die from falling on a regular basis do you?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Forest Hawk - On At-will Use: Damage bonus increases as the then increases with a maximum of +10% bonus damage at 100'.

...that means? :)

fvI1SZu.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'd say what it means is that it's a viable choice for a ranged character... oh, like say an archer ranger. Not so good for melee.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So you die from falling on a regular basis do you?

There are areas in the game that you can jump down from to get around some areas. But if you jump down there you will take damage. The 25% reduction means you take less damage doing this. This allows you to also jump down on mobs from above. Which I have done with my HR. I will do a range attack on them and just as they are running around to come at me, I jump down on them and hit them with melee attacks.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd say what it means is that it's a viable choice for a ranged character... oh, like say an archer ranger. Not so good for melee.

I am not sure any class even has abilities with that sort of maximum range. Even a feated Magic Missile maxes out at 90'. As far as I am aware (no idea about HR class), the only ability in the game with 100' range is the non-damaging Mark of the Guardian Fighter.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That's true. I couldn't off the top of my head think of much over 80'. Which is not to say they won't be added. I also haven't tried a ranger.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I feel that the Fire Archon buff is too powerful compared to that of other Active Companions. 5% bonus damage on enemies below 50% health is almost as powerful as Control Wizard's Paragon feat Tempest Magic and equivalent in power to other Paragon feats.

For many classes, 200 power is about 1% more damage. Fire archon buff only applies to enemies at half health or less, so let's say for simplicity 2.5% more damage. That's maybe around 500 more power. But keep in mind people usually unload all of their encounters and dailies when mobs are at high hp, and use at-wills to finish them off. Maybe changing it to 4% would be fairer, but I wouldn't say it's so unbalanced right now considering stat companions can give 300-300 stat points at purple quality.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    There are areas in the game that you can jump down from to get around some areas. But if you jump down there you will take damage. The 25% reduction means you take less damage doing this. This allows you to also jump down on mobs from above. Which I have done with my HR. I will do a range attack on them and just as they are running around to come at me, I jump down on them and hit them with melee attacks.

Please show me which are these areas where you NEED to fall down. I only can think about that locations where ppl fall down intentionally TO DIE. The only one I can think about is the bridge upon 2nd base in the pvp location, but the damage you take is so low to be equal to zero. In any dungeon you have to fall and take damage, if you fall it is because you can't keep your way (and usually if you fall, you land in some "killing area" and die immediatly).

Cat bonus is a fool, useless and not funny mistake.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    For many classes, 200 power is about 1% more damage. Fire archon buff only applies to enemies at half health or less, so let's say for simplicity 2.5% more damage. That's maybe around 500 more power. But keep in mind people usually unload all of their encounters and dailies when mobs are at high hp, and use at-wills to finish them off. Maybe changing it to 4% would be fairer, but I wouldn't say it's so unbalanced right now considering stat companions can give 300-300 stat points at purple quality.

Oh... which companion gives 300-300? I think you are really wrong...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh... which companion gives 300-300? I think you are really wrong...

At purple quality, any companion that gives an active bonus of a single stat bonus, will give 300 of that stat. The bonus purple quality for double stat bonus is 165 to each of the two stats.