test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of Active Bonuses for companions.

Comments

• Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Slow effect is useless to melee players. It currently doesn't slow mobs' attack speed at all.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Wild Hunt Rider - On Encounter Use: 2% chance to increase by 10% for 5 seconds

you miss icrease... what?^^
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It's a 10% damage increase.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Sorry about that. Fixed.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anybody tested how upgrades affect the Wild Hunt Rider?

The game really should state all boni for different qualities.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    The Dancing Shield gives +2% deflect at epic quality.

I wouldn't mind seeing that increased to +3% but a flat bonus is already pretty nice.
  • Options
    scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited November 2013
    I think you should fix that ;)

Wild Hunt Rider - On Encounter Use: 2% chance to increase by 10% damage for 5 seconds.

Maybe put "damage" before the 10%?:p
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    The game really should state all boni for different qualities.

Oh +100 for that, using the gear colors for the +1 and so forth would be nice.
  • Options
    damenmofadamenmofa Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone have any more specific info on the Aranea bonus? Will be like 3% more Storm Spell for CWs? Same dmg? Or is it more like Storm Pillar?
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    damenmofa, I read a post that aranea's active bonus is bugged and doesn't even proc. It may be fixed or may be fixed in the future though, but if it is bugged you might not see any damage information anytime soon.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    damenmofa, I read a post that aranea's active bonus is bugged and doesn't even proc. It may be fixed or may be fixed in the future though, but if it is bugged you might not see any damage information anytime soon.

It was working every time I tested it. Though at first, it was hard to notice when it went off before they added a text pop-up. I forgot how much damage it did though. Maybe around 600 per proc.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have two questions that I can't see to find answers for, my apologies if they have already been answered.

1) I know you can't have two of the same companions slotted, but if you have two different companions that provide the same stat bonus (Power, Recovery, Regeneration, etc.) do those bonuses stack?

2) The wiki says these bonuses are disabled for PvP, is that correct?

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I have two questions that I can't see to find answers for, my apologies if they have already been answered.

1) I know you can't have two of the same companions slotted, but if you have two different companions that provide the same stat bonus (Power, Recovery, Regeneration, etc.) do those bonuses stack?

2) The wiki says these bonuses are disabled for PvP, is that correct?

Thanks so much!

1) Yes, active bonuses from different companions do stack.

2) It is.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    thanks for reply.

now, how does the galeb bonus work exactly, anyone know?
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2013
    damenmofa wrote: »
    now, how does the galeb bonus work exactly, anyone know?

I think somebody does know how it works. ;)

"Deal up to 10% more damage based on the percentage of damage you have taken."
    If you have 75% of your hp left you gain 2.5% damage bonus. If you have 50% of your total hp left you gain +5% damage bonus. If you have 0% of your hp left you gain +10% damage bonus, at least you would if you weren't dead.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »

If you have 75% of your hp left you gain 2.5% damage bonus. If you have 50% of your total hp left you gain +5% damage bonus. If you have 0% of your hp left you gain +10% damage bonus, at least you would if you weren't dead.

So, um, technically it's a misnomer because what you really get is up to 9.9999999999999% damage boost, except for that rare instance when you fire-off a ranged power and it continues flying toward your target and you die, in which case it is comforting to know that last shot will give you a full 10% damage boost!

LOL

I love Mr. Galeb just for being Mr. Galeb the companion for what he does as a companion. Truly the best-kept-secret in the Z-Store as far as companions go. Yup, even better than Mr. Honey Badger in my own personal experience.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ah, well...yet another companion bonus that is effectively useless for clerics. I really wish there wish there was at least one companion that helpwd with our healing/buffing/debuffing - Ah, wll...I guess I have to settle for my stone and a few stat-increasing companions.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It should give up to 10% more healing based on your remaining health.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Added The Rust Monster to the list. This should be my final update of the list.

Also, someone did a fine job of adding the active bonuses to the wiki, so that would be a great place to go to look for active bonus info after module 2 launches.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Is it stair-stepped per 25% chunks, or is it a calculated 10% x (100%-Health%)/100% ?
  • Options
    manny1308manny1308 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sylph: +50% Control Resist

What does that do?
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    manny1308 wrote: »
    Sylph: +50% Control Resist

What does that do?

It reduces the time you are CCed.
  • Options
    focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the cantankerous mage gives 25% control bonus on epic.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Is it stair-stepped per 25% chunks, or is it a calculated 10% x (100%-Health%)/100% ?
    It is a calculated value. If you have 37% of your hp left you will gain a 6.3% damage bonus.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is a calculated value. If you have 37% of your hp left you will gain a 6.3% damage bonus.

Is it just a damage bonus or is it a damage/healing bonus? The reason I'm asking is that when I started out my DC, I bought a Galeb Duhr - a really nice companion for a DC when leveling, and I still use it when soloing, but when I'm in a group, I am only focused on healing, not on dealing damage - so a damage only buff is utterly useless to me.

As have complained about a few times before, I feel like the DC is the forgotten class - there is not a single artifact or companion ability that specifically helps DCs - well, other than stat-increasing ones, but they will help all classes as such.... I really hope to see some love for the DCs at some point.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Ah, well...yet another companion bonus that is effectively useless for clerics. I really wish there wish there was at least one companion that helpwd with our healing/buffing/debuffing - Ah, wll...I guess I have to settle for my stone and a few stat-increasing companions.

Damage bonus mean normally healing bonus too. Because technically healing is giving HP and damage is removing HP or said healing is the negative damage ability. Try it out before you complain. Power stat for example say, that it increase healing.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

thanks mister
  • Options
    icky1982icky1982 Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2013

Bonus is for only next hit , or buff (1 sec , 5 sec , ...) ?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    icky1982 wrote: »
    Bonus is for only next hit , or buff (1 sec , 5 sec , ...) ?

It should be a constant buff that changes as your HP changes. So as long as you are at 75% HP, you get the 2.5%. As soon as your HP changes, the buff will change to match.
  • Options
    icky1982icky1982 Member Posts: 64
    edited December 2013
    if this bonus is constant , its huge !