What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of Active Bonuses for companions.

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please show me which are these areas where you NEED to fall down. I only can think about that locations where ppl fall down intentionally TO DIE. The only one I can think about is the bridge upon 2nd base in the pvp location, but the damage you take is so low to be equal to zero. In any dungeon you have to fall and take damage, if you fall it is because you can't keep your way (and usually if you fall, you land in some "killing area" and die immediatly).

Cat bonus is a fool, useless and not funny mistake.

Cat bonus is not a mistake. You haven't played the game then, you should play it first before complaining. I don't PvP at all. I am talking about PvE. There is areas in most of the zones where you can do this.
  • Options
    babass52babass52 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cat's bonus is useless...
    Change it plz :(
    Or up the bonus to 100%...
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    babass52 wrote: »
    Cat's bonus is useless...
    Change it plz :(
    Or up the bonus to 100%...

Nah, it can be used for entertainment's sake when you're bored. Run monsters off ledges and follow them down. :)

While the cat's passive bonus (for being an active companion - yeah, that won't be confusing for anyone) is thoroughly underwhelming, the cat itself is still quite a nice companion.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anyone tested the slyph companion? does it reduce duration or 50% resist rate? and what control effects does it work on?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Skeletal Dog (Blue Quality) [Event]: +190 Life Steal
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Updated the list to reflect the patch last night. Moved several that weren't in categories into them and also added several new companions.

New companions include Damaran Shepard, Blacksmith, Con Artist, Shieldmaiden, Mystagogue, and Thay Renegade Evoker.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Updated the list to reflect the patch last night. Moved several that weren't in categories into them and also added several new companions.

New companions include Damaran Shepard, Blacksmith, Con Artist, Shieldmaiden, Mystagogue, and Thay Renegade Evoker.

Fantastic work, thank's again for taking this on and updating it!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    amadon82amadon82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi,
    can you please update the passive for the Wild Hunt Rider ? What is increase by 10% for 5 sec ? ;)
    Thx a lot for your work !
  • Options
    crazyjesusopcrazyjesusop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Cat bonus is not a mistake. You haven't played the game then, you should play it first before complaining. I don't PvP at all. I am talking about PvE. There is areas in most of the zones where you can do this.

*FACEPALM*

Instead just saying "there is(are) areas", next time try to actually list those areas. But let me help you - SpellPlague dungeon have few of these where instead of taking "blue elevator" you can actually jump and suffer damage. Or Cloak Tower - instead of walking down the spiral stairs, you can jump from above and skip all the stairs.

Now... you either ignored my previous post or didn't see it or something else, so I'll write this again:
    - only LAZY/BAD players can suffer damage from falling. Everyone else knows that you can avoid ALL damage when you teleport/slide/leap(gwf)/... in mid-air, just before touching ground. It's not hard to learn and it does not demand some serious skill. Therefore, you can jump from the Moon and suffer 0 (ZERO) damage. Only those lazy enough or not willing to learn how to play can die/suffer major damage from falling. Also, no boss fight make you suffer damage from falling, ever.

Cat bonus IS completely useless. 25% more stamina or whatever else... but current bonus is a complete waste. TY for reading and not ignoring my post again.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    I'm positive that the cat bonus is a joke, no developer could seriously post that and think anyone would actually say, "wow, I have to get a cat now."
  • Options
    focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well just some millions to go....

Companions:
    - Galeb Duhr
    - Fire Archon
    - Dancing Blade
    - Aranea
    - Sprite
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • Options
    stash111stash111 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited November 2013
    *FACEPALM*

Instead just saying "there is(are) areas", next time try to actually list those areas. But let me help you - SpellPlague dungeon have few of these where instead of taking "blue elevator" you can actually jump and suffer damage. Or Cloak Tower - instead of walking down the spiral stairs, you can jump from above and skip all the stairs.

Now... you either ignored my previous post or didn't see it or something else, so I'll write this again:
    - only LAZY/BAD players can suffer damage from falling. Everyone else knows that you can avoid ALL damage when you teleport/slide/leap(gwf)/... in mid-air, just before touching ground. It's not hard to learn and it does not demand some serious skill. Therefore, you can jump from the Moon and suffer 0 (ZERO) damage. Only those lazy enough or not willing to learn how to play can die/suffer major damage from falling. Also, no boss fight make you suffer damage from falling, ever.

Cat bonus IS completely useless. 25% more stamina or whatever else... but current bonus is a complete waste. TY for reading and not ignoring my post again.

Castle Never
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another patch, and another update to the list. Along with the stuff listed in the patch notes, Ioun Stone of Allure gained the active bonus that the Archmage's Apprentice lost and the mercenary lost his bonus to power, but the critical strike bonus didn't go up so it is now out of line with single stat bonuses. Some of the companions that are listed but unavailable (like the Con Artist) got new bonus abilities.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So for an Instigator/Destroyer GWF, I'm thinking some combination of the following companions...

Vicious Dire Wolf - 5% chance to interrupt your target.
    Galeb Duhr - Deal up to 10% more damage based on the percentage of damage you have taken.
    Sylph - +50% Control Resist
    Pseudodragon - 20% chance to restore some Stamina/Guard when attacking
    Ioun Stone of Might - 2% Stamina Regen
    Ioun Stone of Allure - On Encounter Use: 7% chance to slow target

Out of these I am thinking:

Vicious Direwolf
    Galeb Duhr
    Sylph
    Psuedodragon
    Ioun Stone of Allure

I feel the Fire Archon's reduction to 5% when an opponent is below 30% (instead of old 50%) isn't as good as the Galeb Duhr, which is always active since I'll be in the thick of things taking damage.

I like the Psuedodragon's 20% Stamina regeneration, particularly on boss fights where I am shifting around with Spring a lot.

The Ioun Stone of Allure's 7% chance to Slow targets is solid, and probably better then the Ioun Stone of Might's 2% Stamina Increase, at least right now.

Thoughts? :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The 5% interruption from the Direwolf is actually noticeable, especially with multi-strike powers and DOT effects. Fairly certain I noticed it working on CC immune monsters as well.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    The 5% interruption from the Direwolf is actually noticeable, especially with multi-strike powers and DOT effects. Fairly certain I noticed it working on CC immune monsters as well.
    I've enjoyed it quite a bit on the Test Server honestly! I have all the other Companions aside from the Pseudodragon... Does anyone know how much Stamina you gain back?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    lol i have a strange request...

Forest Hawk - On At-will Use: Damage bonus increases as the then increases with a maximum of +10% bonus damage at 100'.

I'm not native enghlish and really can't understand what it is lol... could you try to explain this bonus with different words?
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I have another question: the bonuses are fixed, or they scale with companion rank? Maybe you alerady spoke about this but I'm having problem to follow all thread in the last 10 days (internet connection problems)

If they scale it should be usefull to write a list of maxed bonuses for all companions, to understand the maximum bonus each companion can give.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    lol i have a strange request...

Forest Hawk - On At-will Use: Damage bonus increases as the then increases with a maximum of +10% bonus damage at 100'.

I'm not native enghlish and really can't understand what it is lol... could you try to explain this bonus with different words?

I seem to have left some words out when typing it up on the list. I fixed that.

The bonus is that you get a bonus to your damage that increases as you move further away. It is really only useful to ranged characters.

I have another question: the bonuses are fixed, or they scale with companion rank? Maybe you alerady spoke about this but I'm having problem to follow all thread in the last 10 days (internet connection problems)

If they scale it should be usefull to write a list of maxed bonuses for all companions, to understand the maximum bonus each companion can give.

Rank, no, but quality does affect it. So if you upgrade a green quality companion to blue quality, the bonus it provides will go up. For stat bonuses they all follow the same scale, which is as follows:

So single stat bonuses are:
    White - 25
    Green - 100
    Blue - 190
    Purple - 300

Double stat:
    White - 15
    Green - 55
    Blue - 105
    Purple - 165

For other bonuses, how much change there is between ranks varies. For example, the pig goes from 1% of your max HP healed per second to 1.5% at blue quality. The Tomb Spider goes from a 1% chance to inflict it's deadly poison on your targets to 3% when you upgrade it to purple. If you have a question on a specific companion, I could probably give you details on the changes, but I lack most zen store companions so I couldn't help there.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited November 2013
    I want the stone of allure original active bonus, stpd, we have been screwed big time.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hm, will their active bonus to stats scale with lvl? because +25 is kind of useles :/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    vasdamas wrote: »
    hm, will their active bonus to stats scale with lvl? because +25 is kind of useles :/

No, the bonus however improves has you increase the quality of the companion. See my last post (on the previous page) of this topic for more details.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »

Thanks heaps for this. Where are they coming from seals? zen store?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dodgo wrote: »
    Thanks heaps for this. Where are they coming from seals? zen store?

Majority of those listed currently say they are from the Grand Emporium, however you can't currently buy them

The Blacksmith says Zen store and the Thay Renegade Evoker comes from the new dungeon.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    Of the new Grand Emporium companions:

Mystagog is going for a promotion so it has been removed from the Collections page.
    The Damaran Shepherd and the Lightfoot Thief are going to be rewards in Sword Coast Adventures. (with new Active Bonus powers)
    The other two, Con Artist and Shieldmaiden, will be available in the Grand Emporium for gold.

At least that's the latest info. The Powers that Be really like to move around companions as the clock continues to tick.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Updated the list again.

I added the changes as you upgrade in quality. It is also now color coated for your viewing pleasure. Companions are colored with their default quality and changes in the active bonus are color coded.

If anyone has any other changes not listed here, please shoot me a message.

Inspiration for this changes goes to gnolt's post on Reddit.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, but now all the people that buy the ioun stone of allure have a crappy bonus :/ i have to change now all my main 3 ioun stone thx to that self buff :/ for my Dc, GWF is stupid buff. Maybe the cw can get a lil boost from it, blah :/ I hope they will come back
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I still say that people who think the augment passives are weak aren't considering that the entire augment is an enormous passive buff in itself. They don't need to be made more appealing for people to want to use them and keep them around.

You're not getting ripped off. You're still getting exactly what you paid for in the first place, and a little more on top of it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    [...]
    You're not getting ripped off. You're still getting exactly what you paid for in the first place, and a little more on top of it.
    The same statement could be applied to all other companions, IMHO.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community