Install Arc
Options

Unkillable GWF ruins pvp

Comments

• Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    There will be only 1 objective in CTF so with a 5 man focus the GWF will die in 4-5 seconds lol. I doubt they will release a simple deathmatch mode, DC would be worthless and while CW's do good damage they are too easily killed so team makeups would only be GF, GWF, TR.

So you say your team won't have runners when you can fight with 5 people someone stealing from you?
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    So you say your team won't have runners when you can fight with 5 people someone stealing from you?

Have you played CTF? The person that grabs the flag is #1 target and is focused by all enemy team members. Will GWF be a great flag runner? Yes. Can good players focus even an absolute BiS GWF down within 5 seconds? Absolutely.

Will they balance CTF differently if they even have a CTF mode at all? Yes, which makes this point stupid. They will disable sprint and many other abilities while holding the flag, we don't even know whether they will implement it or not. You are complaining about GWF with the assumption that they will be OP in CTF when we don't even have CTF lol.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Have you played CTF? The person that grabs the flag is #1 target and is focused by all enemy team members.

Yes a lot, in different games, from MMO to standard multiplayer games. You send out one or two runners to the enemy base while you keep some defenders at yours. So normally you would not have 5 people sitting at your base because some are away grabbing the flag of the enemy.

Just wanted to point out that every map that focusses on killing someone will lead to major problems with the unbalanced classes we have at the moment.
  • Options
    sejal1337sejal1337 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sangrine wrote: »
    I am not asking for help. I am asking to re-balance pvp !
    Fighting against tanky, unkillable players is not fun.
    To me, it is not acceptable that some players are impossible (or almost impossible) to kill in 1v1 pvp.

5 tanky players vs 5 tanky players
    few or no kills. Is this fun pvp? Not to me.

it's 5v5 pvp, why do you need every character to be 1v1 killable?
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just one point to add:
    Destroyer build can to kill DC easy but not so fast. Sentinel lack of dmg and because that he cannot kill him.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    There are no such things as unkillable GWFs, just skilled players!!!
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There are no such things as unkillable GWFs, just skilled players!!!

And conversely, unskilled players. Those tend to be the kind of player that complains most about things not being balanced. To the unskilled player, the only way anything will be balanced is if there is exactly a 50/50 chance to win or lose any given fight, regardless of the skill levels of the players involved.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    31 pages... for such a stupid thread.

The real title should be:

"Help! i cannot kill a 14k gs GWF, with a 8k GS toon, nerf!"

Some people even have to learn, to learn to play... it is a strange world we're living in.

Exactly.

Now that the shards have merged we should start an all GWF guild just to hunt forum whiners in pvp =D
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Exactly.

Now that the shards have merged we should start an all GWF guild just to hunt forum whiners in pvp =D

Might be two separate guilds then. The Soulforged Sents and the 20k gs like Panda or Kolat in one guild. Suggested name: the P2Ws. And the other gwfs in another guild. Suggested name: The cannon fodders.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Might be two separate guilds then. The Soulforged Sents and the 20k gs like Panda or Kolat in one guild. Suggested name: the P2Ws. And the other gwfs in another guild. Suggested name: The cannon fodders.

Why is anyone with good gear labeled P2W? Lol and why is P2W a negative term? Thank you everyone that pays to get what they want, you keep the new content rolling out! I have put some money in the game but not as much as a lot of people I know =)
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Exactly.

LOL, imagine the massive QQ thread spam on here. Nvm, it's already happening anyways.

I do like the idea, though.

Why is anyone with good gear labeled P2W? Lol and why is P2W a negative term? Thank you everyone that pays to get what they want, you keep the new content rolling out! I have put some money in the game but not as much as a lot of people I know =)

Because it is SUCH a tough task, to farm 80k AD per day and open 2 lockboxes, to get rich.
    (at least, for a certain type of "gamer")

• Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sejal1337 wrote: »
    it's 5v5 pvp, why do you need every character to be 1v1 killable?

because, in domination pvp, players need to capture points ... to deny points to the enemy and to increase his/her team's points. In 1v1, point can not be captured while enemy is there. Pushing/throwing out enemy players is not a sufficient strategy. Enemy can quickly return. Smart enemy will stay close to wall to minimize/avoid pushing out.

Before you say "wait for teammates" ... I don't play pvp games to wait or to avoid the enemy.
    Waiting and avoiding the enemy is what I do in Protector's Enclave, not in pvp.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who thinks this game is perfectly balanced and nothing needs to be changed.
    There will never be good balance in this game. Something will always be broken and/or under/over-powered.

To deny that anything in this game is under/over-powered is akin to deny the existence of bugs, exploits, and broken mechanics.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    because, in domination pvp, players need to capture points ... to deny points to the enemy and to increase his/her team's points. In 1v1, point can not be captured while enemy is there. Pushing/throwing out enemy players is not a sufficient strategy. Enemy can quickly return. Smart enemy will stay close to wall to minimize/avoid pushing out.

Before you say "wait for teammates" ... I don't play pvp games to wait or to avoid the enemy.

I truly feel sorry for anyone who thinks this game is perfectly balanced and nothing needs to be changed.
    There will never be good balance in this game. Something will always be broken and/or under/over-powered.

To deny that anything in this game is under/over-powered is akin to deny the existence of bugs, exploits, and broken mechanics.

You openly admit that you aren't using tactics or skill in PvP and just think it should be a deathmatch. Bad players will always cry for nerfs, this is just another example =/
  • Options
    edited October 2013

As many people have already mentioned, to be on par, start farming/use real money. But please, do not expect to enter pvp as a fresh lvl 60, maybe with t1 items and instantly being able to faceroll people who actually spent hundreds of hours/dollars on their gear... it doesn't make sense, at all.

The correct order would be:

1. get green items, maybe a couple of blues.

2. farm at least rank 4 enchantments then slot them into your "temporary" gear.

3. start farming some t1 dungeons, for AD, enchantments, small additional drops.

4. equip what makes you progress, sell/salvage what doesn't.

5. fuse the enchantments that you possess from running various dungeons, into greater ones.

6. slot the better gems, into your new-ish t1/(maybe t2 items), rings etc.

7. start farming t2 dungeons, slowly but steady.

8. enjoy the results of your effort.

Do not expect to be given anything for free, this is not how mmorpgs/even real life works.
    Stop being self centered and look at the big picture, not just at small fragments of it. If you want to be king, you've got to earn it.

Take care.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    You openly admit that you aren't using tactics or skill in PvP

I did not openly admit that.
    I use tactics and skills in pvp (except for waiting and avoiding the enemy).
    Everyone uses tactics and skills in pvp, even if it is simply a frontal assault.

why play pvp to wait and avoid the enemy?
    I can wait and avoid the enemy in pve too but it's not fun.
    GF kiting adds in Frozen Heart does not seem fun to me.
    Would be nice if developers changed the FH final boss fight to make it more fun for all players.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I did not openly admit that.
    I use tactics and skills in pvp (except for waiting and avoiding the enemy).
    Everyone uses tactics and skills in pvp, even if it is simply a frontal assault.

why play pvp to wait and avoid the enemy?
    I can wait and avoid the enemy in pve too but it's not fun.
    GF kiting adds in Frozen Heart does not seem fun to me.
    Would be nice if developers changed the FH final boss fight to make it more fun for all players.

Players enjoy tactics and strategy, to say that all players enjoy frontal assault every time and nothing else is stupid...

Positioning and coordination with your team is half the battle, if you throw that out the window you will never be successful in PvP no matter how much they nerf X class.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    As many people have already mentioned.....

Everything you wrote is interesting and useful information.
    However, it has no relevancy to what I wrote in the quoted text.
    I am not a new level 60. Will not discuss my GS because it's pointless.
    Anything I say will be attacked by the "NW has perfect balance (or balance is irrelevant). Do not change anything" crowd.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Players enjoy tactics and strategy, to say that all players enjoy frontal assault every time and nothing else is stupid...

no one here has said "all players enjoy frontal assault every time". Stop the straw man arguments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Everything you wrote is interesting and useful information.
    However, it has no relevancy to what I wrote in the quoted text.
    I am not a new level 60. Will not discuss my GS because it's pointless.
    Anything I say will be attacked by the "NW has perfect balance (or balance is irrelevant). Do not change anything" crowd.

Actually if you want to post a link to your character profile on gateway and your build via NW calc I would be happy to help you out. I have played all classes well from a PvP standpoint.

You have to realize that your experiences are not the same as everyone else's, and if you talk with people that are seasoned PvP'ers you might be able to have a lot better experiences with the game without any balancing changes.

Knowing everything I know about PvP I find the 5v5 domination match to be very balanced when skill and gear are also balanced, I am assuming you have never been in a premade vs premade match on PTR where all gear was equal so you cannot possibly share my opinion. But I can help you with that if you want to post your stats so I can see what you are currently doing.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Actually if you want to post a link to your character profile on gateway and your build via NW calc I would be happy to help you out. I have played all classes well from a PvP standpoint.

Thanks for the offer. Not interested. Don't need "help".
    Do want game re-balance to make 1v1 for more fair and fun for all classes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the offer. Not interested. Don't need "help".
    Do want game re-balance to make 1v1 for more fair and fun for all classes.

So I'm telling you from personal experience that the game is balanced and that I can help you see that, but instead you just want cryptic to nerf everyone else. You will never be more than mediocre in PvP if you are unwilling to listen to people with more experience than you.

This game has nothing to do with 1v1, and everything to do with holding points.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I read through 3 pages of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and was so annoyed by this... the OP is clueless as to what domination PVP is... why the hell SHOULD you be able to kill a tank 1v1? It's not 1v1 PVP... It's 5v5. Play as a team, improve your GS, and keep it moving.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I read through 3 pages of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and was so annoyed by this... the OP is clueless as to what domination PVP is... why the hell SHOULD you be able to kill a tank 1v1? It's not 1v1 PVP... It's 5v5. Play as a team, improve your GS, and keep it moving.

Tank means ability to absorb and resist damage, not immortality (1v1 or 5v5).
    Killing a tank should be do-able 1v1, but slowly of course.

I stopped playing domination because it's not fun (pathetic game balance) to encounter an unkillable player (especially GWF) in 1v1. It's shocking to me, that so many people here think it is normal if a tank is unkillable in 1v1.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I stopped playing domination because it's not fun (pathetic game balance) to encounter an unkillable player (especially GWF) in 1v1. It's shocking to me, that so many people here think it is normal if a tank is unkillable in 1v1.

There are no unkillable GWF, at all. A video would be awesome, because i die alot in pvp and i am a sent gwf. (no tenebrous) The GWF that you see nowadays, are nerfed to the max already. First, they took our damage away, then a portion of our survivability. What do you want? Us being helpless, instead of gearing yourself up properly? I don't get it.

• Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thread creator is very new i think .he dnt knw story of gWF since the game release or he's constantly encountering a premade sent gwf with tene. he need to play more pve and get gear and path very specific .gwf's only edge is unstoppable in pvp . research some things about gwf .worst class you going to play in pve and pvp is gwf .
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's not 1v1 PVP is the point you seem unable to grasp!
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

It's shocking to us, that someone could have a class that is considered a 'tank', and not survive against a single opponent?

What does tank mean to you, Sangrine? That they have a little more hitpoints and do less damage? Tank to me means a character class that grabs and holds aggression from superior mobs (bosses that hit harder than any two players ever could; multiple adds; or multiple players), absorbing and/or deflecting damage, but generally keeping them focused on himself for a prolonged period of time.

When a tank cannot keep you focused on him for more than the time it takes you to launch a rotation of abilities ... he's not a tank.

And yes, an equally skilled GWF vs any class, the other class can win. It does happen. But it's a slow battle of avoidance and attrition, and it doesn't speed up considerably unless three or more equally skilled players are against that GWF. That makes him a tank.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    It's shocking to us, that someone could have a class that is considered a 'tank', and not survive against a single opponent?

What does tank mean to you, Sangrine? That they have a little more hitpoints and do less damage? Tank to me means a character class that grabs and holds aggression from superior mobs (bosses that hit harder than any two players ever could; multiple adds; or multiple players), absorbing and/or deflecting damage, but generally keeping them focused on himself for a prolonged period of time.

When a tank cannot keep you focused on him for more than the time it takes you to launch a rotation of abilities ... he's not a tank.

And yes, an equally skilled GWF vs any class, the other class can win. It does happen. But it's a slow battle of avoidance and attrition, and it doesn't speed up considerably unless three or more equally skilled players are against that GWF. That makes him a tank.

And this IS the definition of a tank.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    And this IS the definition of a tank.

In PvE, we fail at that completely. We can take the damage, just not get the aggro.

But in PvP? We are AMAZING tanks. EVERYONE wants to kill us!!! Player aggro is so much more fun.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters