Install Arc
Options

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Currently Tene's go through every normal counter. The list is long, but people also tend to forget powerful cleric buffs like Foresight, resistance from astral shield and hallowed ground. When my GWF is in a full unstoppable, you would have to have a ton of ArPen just to bring her below the 80% resistance cap. Tenebrous bypass it all.

If I want to upgrade my damage to a reasonable level, it takes more than 6-7 enchants, it takes switching out much of my gear such as weapons/armor/rings/neck/belt. If a GF switching from a tank/tenebrous build wants damage, he is going to have to drop his regents armor to most likley Timeless losing a bunch of Defense/Deflect, switch out those 217 regen rings for power/crit/ArPen, drop the health neck/belt for DPS items. You could make a case for each and every class that utilizes a tenebrous build. Those rank 10s will be very powerful on a damage oriented build, but you will be giving up survivability for it. You will be forced to balance damage/survivability.

I switch out gear all the time for more damage when pugging for fun. But the survivability hit is so noticeable for my GWF just switching out weapons/neck/rings, that when things get serious she is right back in her full tank survivability gear.
    even "dpsers" gwfs cant kill a good cleric without tenes. that is true. and they are paper likes, they probably will be dead by the time they take 1/4 of the cleric life. that said in high end pvp.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    That doesnt mean screw over people who did pay that money.

They do need to be careful about this enchant.

They need to IMO:

Reduce the CD to compensate for lack of damage, and make it so a Dodge does NOT use the CD. They also need to make sure that if 1 gets deflected, the others dont as well, that would be broken.

I am 100% AGAINST them breaking this enchant. I do, however, like most of the proposed changes.

If it were me, I would have just changed it to say radiant damage or even regular damage that takes full DR into consideration, however the deflect and dodge... eh.. makes me nervous.

This will just make GWFs even stronger than before since they have such high deflect AND DR.

I would, however, point out they havnt exactly said what and ho it will work yet, that waits to be seen.

They only said the FIRST things they are looking at are DR,deflect, and dodges. Doesnt mean they have announced this is exactly how it will work, end of story.

They also said they will put it on the PTR to see how it works meaning if it DOESNT work how they hope, they will change it again.

So people who thing the world is ending, the sky is falling, and the tenebs are worthless. Maybe your jumping the gun a little here...
    im fine with that dont go through soulforged, dodges and deflect. however, if that becomes LESS efficient than other off normal enchants 10, this is a big problem for the people spent money. they should be "slightly" better at least. in PvE they already have no use, if they become useless on PvP it will be a problem. if they really become useless compared to other enchantments, something should be done, reduce cooldown, or something.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Looking at the posts above, the guy was right. This will still be BiS for GWFs and probably GFs for damage as well. Problem is, for a CW or a TR if you go back and look at my post, rank 5 darks will outperform the enchant with the changes they are proposing... That's pretty messed up to buff the most powerful PVP classes, making them harder to kill and they don't even have to change their enchants out. How about we nerf the enchant for them more than for CW or TRs devs? Your balancing of this will make already OP classes more OP, how is that balance?
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    even "dpsers" gwfs cant kill a good cleric without tenes. that is true. and they are paper likes, they probably will be dead by the time they take 1/4 of the cleric life. that said in high end pvp.

I have 2 GWFs at 60, and going into PvP on my PvE specced destroyer and geared GWF is terrifying. If I get the chance, I can output a lot of good burst damage and kill quite fast. However practically speaking what happens is I just die before I get the chance. I don;t even bother with dailies anymore with him.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    That doesnt mean screw over people who did pay that money.

They do need to be careful about this enchant.

They need to IMO:

Reduce the CD to compensate for lack of damage, and make it so a Dodge does NOT use the CD. They also need to make sure that if 1 gets deflected, the others dont as well, that would be broken.

I am 100% AGAINST them breaking this enchant. I do, however, like most of the proposed changes.

If it were me, I would have just changed it to say radiant damage or even regular damage that takes full DR into consideration, however the deflect and dodge... eh.. makes me nervous.

This will just make GWFs even stronger than before since they have such high deflect AND DR.

I would, however, point out they havnt exactly said what and ho it will work yet, that waits to be seen.

They only said the FIRST things they are looking at are DR,deflect, and dodges. Doesnt mean they have announced this is exactly how it will work, end of story.

They also said they will put it on the PTR to see how it works meaning if it DOESNT work how they hope, they will change it again.

So people who thing the world is ending, the sky is falling, and the tenebs are worthless. Maybe your jumping the gun a little here...

First off, I HATE TENES!!! They are the bane of my character.

But this man, I believe, has it right /: I am going to be able to dodge them easily and then they also are affected by DR? I think it's too much. I think what everyone wants to see is a balance between power builds and tene builds. I don't want to see tenes gone forever. I want to see them be an equal alternative to high rank enchants.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think if they nerf tenebrous, they should unslot every single tenebrous, put in an in-game tenebrous unslotting item that's free, and put up a merchant that will take them for zen coins equivalent to historical average of tenebrous sold prices in the AH. This would result in least grief, and they can nerf it all they want.
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    That makes perfect sense, with tenebrous nerfed or not, you can't kill a tank 1vs1.

Meh i dissagree... I have and can kill many decent to great gf's alone on my cw. As long as i can anticipate his initial attack (bull-lunging) and can counter him with a unblocked entangling force... Its gg for them.

-unbroken
  • Options
    alt2jalt2j Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    If they do make tenes subject to DR and deflect then it is only logical for them to be affected to offensive stats like critical strike, power and armor penetration ...
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am ur2ez from enemy team. This whole tene nerf is bs. Tenes help more with top tier players rather then ur average 10k gs pug. If tenes r nerfed we will al use r10 darks. So instead of 5-7 hits piercing your 2k defence. EVERY SINGLE HIT WE DO WILL PIERCE 100% of ur defence. So all this is doing is anoying top tier players. Lowering crptics profits. And making the weak players even weaker. No one wins.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They can simple make everyone happy by refunding a large portion of the ZEN people spent on Tenes, so they can use it elsewhere. This will make the have-nots happy, and the haves at least not have wasted their money. Otherwise they need to leave the enchants alone or experience severe backlash.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Most of that high ArPen will be wasted on low armor targets meaning you will only really get full effect from DC, GF, and GWFs. Having faced opponents with ridiculous ArPen as GWF and GF, it is much easier to deal with than Tenebrous.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am ur2ez from enemy team. This whole tene nerf is bs. Tenes help more with top tier players rather then ur average 10k gs pug. If tenes r nerfed we will al use r10 darks. So instead of 5-7 hits piercing your 2k defence. EVERY SINGLE HIT WE DO WILL PIERCE 100% of ur defence. So all this is doing is anoying top tier players. Lowering crptics profits. And making the weak players even weaker. No one wins.

I agree that tenes help with top tier players. However a gtene was 3.5 million. Rank 8 of dark is less than a million. Those 10k GS pug aren't going to stay 10k forever. It is alot easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel if it isn't a 3 million plus upgrade per offensive slot. Balancing out tene (however they do it) will only help out weak players. BTW even when them in most of your hits pierce low geared players, think of weapon enchants.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lwedar wrote: »
    I agree that tenes help with top tier players. However a gtene was 3.5 million. Rank 8 of dark is less than a million. Those 10k GS pug aren't going to stay 10k forever. It is alot easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel if it isn't a 3 million plus upgrade per offensive slot. Balancing out tene (however they do it) will only help out weak players. BTW even when them in most of your hits pierce low geared players, think of weapon enchants.

Not only that, every time you upgrade an enchantment, you get an appreciable upgrade. For Tenebrous to really be worth it, you needed to get at least a few of them, I would say at least 3, to get see much difference and then really only came into their own once you get past 4.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    alt2jalt2j Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    I am a control wizard and have 0 problems with tene GF and GWF, against gwf they might beat me more times then I do (this being at highlest level) however i think they do counter CWs to a certain level so it is normal for CWs not to be able to beat GF and GWF on an equal lvl.
    Tenes have nothing to do with it
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic, you made a very big mistake allowing tenebrous to be so powerful in pvp for so long, and you will be making another mistake if you nerf it without providing fair compensation. This is an even bigger mistake than many of the very big mistakes you have made with this game so even though I don't use tenebrous and don't like to group with people that do this is a friendly little message to you since you guys don't seem to have much common sense.

First of all, you can nerf tenebrous all you want, but if you don't want to be yelled at by accountants for not making your greedy company enough money because you alienated your highest paying customers, you must provide adequate compensation for any nerfs that are serious enough to greatly devalue tenebrous enchantments. The most straight forward would be to allow tenebrous enchantments to be unslotted for free once after every nerf, and put up a vendor that will accept tenebrous enchantments in exchange for zen coins right next to the salvage vendor that scared away a large portion of your population. The amount of zen coins should be equivalent to the average historical sold price of tenebrous enchantments in the auction house. Very straight forward and as fair as can be in this broken exploiting game of yours.
  • Options
    layback16layback16 Member Posts: 31
    edited October 2013
    "The most straight forward would be to allow tenebrous enchantments to be unslotted for free once after every nerf"

Nice :)
    Teahupoo, GF TANK PVP (Stoped in time) :mad:

Teahup00, HR PVE :o
  • Options
    rezlezrezlez Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Niiice...

Honestly, I think a Zen or AD compensation would be great as well. I hate B2W - but I do admit this being a B2W game, people were more suckered into buying these things. To just have their hard-earned money go to waste...is a terrible and unethical (business ethics) thing to do.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Not only that, every time you upgrade an enchantment, you get an appreciable upgrade. For Tenebrous to really be worth it, you needed to get at least a few of them, I would say at least 3, to get see much difference and then really only came into their own once you get past 4.

thats a good point as well
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic, you made a very big mistake allowing tenebrous to be so powerful in pvp for so long, and you will be making another mistake if you nerf it without providing fair compensation. This is an even bigger mistake than many of the very big mistakes you have made with this game so even though I don't use tenebrous and don't like to group with people that do this is a friendly little message to you since you guys don't seem to have much common sense.

First of all, you can nerf tenebrous all you want, but if you don't want to be yelled at by accountants for not making your greedy company enough money because you alienated your highest paying customers, you must provide adequate compensation for any nerfs that are serious enough to greatly devalue tenebrous enchantments. The most straight forward would be to allow tenebrous enchantments to be unslotted for free once after every nerf, and put up a vendor that will accept tenebrous enchantments in exchange for zen coins right next to the salvage vendor that scared away a large portion of your population. The amount of zen coins should be equivalent to the average historical sold price of tenebrous enchantments in the auction house. Very straight forward and as fair as can be in this broken exploiting game of yours.

So BIS enchant gets a nerf and is STILL BIS and you want them to give a re unslot?. Im not against it, however I would just suggest they make it the equiv of a Rank 7 to unslot which is around 100-120k if I remember right? That would cut it in half.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    as top tier players its not just darks. we are going to hit crit and arp softcaps easily with r9 and 10. then put on perfect vorpal as wep enchant. and you are going to get 1-2 shot by even tanks. lmao if u never had tenebrous before then you have no say in how the enchant works

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    im fine with that dont go through soulforged, dodges and deflect. however, if that becomes LESS efficient than other off normal enchants 10, this is a big problem for the people spent money. they should be "slightly" better at least. in PvE they already have no use, if they become useless on PvP it will be a problem. if they really become useless compared to other enchantments, something should be done, reduce cooldown, or something.

I agree with the reduced CD because of reduced damage.

Its a fact that its NOT the DPS of the enchant that makes it good, its the negation of defense/deflect AND the burst damage it adds that makes it good.

Since the burst damage is getting a big nerf, I think the DPS post nerf numbers deserve a buff.

I am going to make a thread to the DEVs about this, for all who want to argue IF they should be nerfed or not, thats not my discussion just HOW they should be nerfed.

I already showed mathmatically that they are still at LEAST on par for GF/GWF than R10s, I would easily argue that still holds tru for classes like TR.

Most TRs already have such high stats in crit/arp that even adding R10s isnt going to be an insane damage boost. I mean I have a Perf Vorp TR with Rank 8 Darks, upgrading to R9 or R10 when you do the math yields almost NO benefit due to dim returns. Ive posted the math in other threads.

I would hold that Gtenes should still arguably be ONE of the best pvp enchants however best for ALL classes? I dont know about that.
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    So BIS enchant gets a nerf and is STILL BIS and you want them to give a re unslot?. Im not against it, however I would just suggest they make it the equiv of a Rank 7 to unslot which is around 100-120k if I remember right? That would cut it in half.

I swear to God, just let them unslot for free.

#1: it's not worth the argument and complaining

#2: them having a free unslot does not affect your gameplay at all /: so just let it happen.

#3: if I spent money on the lockboxes to get them, then this happened, I would demand a free unslot myself.

#4: it will stop people from leaving the game out of anger. Which will, in turn, make Crytic more comfortable doing things like this in the future.

Did I hit everything? Or do we still need a 10+ page argument? Lol :p
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Major changes, I agree unslot for free.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    layback16 wrote: »
    "The most straight forward would be to allow tenebrous enchantments to be unslotted for free once after every nerf"

Nice :)

And turned in somewhere for compensation of adequate prenerf value
  • Options
    lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think it would be really hard to give unslot tokens to only people that have tenes that would be a lot of work on the dev's part to figure everyone out. However with the vendor idea to a NPC for astral diamond they could just add the unslot price onto the over price thus effectively paying for an unslot without having to figure out who all has tenes and make a token. This will make everyone happy. People that didn't like the nerf could get their ad back and make another build, it would decrease the amount of tenes on the market, and for the people that didn't mind the nerf could continue to use them.
  • Options
    r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is what is, Because of TOS u can't get anything. I just want them to say sorry to the players
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    alt2j wrote: »
    If they do make tenes subject to DR and deflect then it is only logical for them to be affected to offensive stats like critical strike, power and armor penetration ...

Exactly. No other enchantment damage can be deflected also.

@ayroux your numbers are still messed up because you're failing to account for the +1500 stat points you get by replacing those 6 tene's with enchants. 1500 crit is going to turn 1 crit into 2-3 making your damage without tene's higher than damage with, especially since 2 of your 3 encounters can be cast twice each w/i 16 seconds, so you're looking at 2 or more extra crits during that time frame totaling well over the bonus Tene damage even at nearly full health.

Not to mention we are talking about GF who have some of the lowest base offensive stats which means they derive the biggest boost from Tene's.

@3hunna: Just like he is saying the same people that are complaining today about Tene's are going to be complaining just as hard post nerf about R9-10 enchants being OP, vorpal being OP, all perfect weapon/armor enchants OP. You think that the same people that outgear you right now with Tene's are going to be evenly matched with your R5's once they nerf tene's? lol.

I believe that at the end of the day however cryptic is going to do the right thing and listen to the crowd that has put money into, and will continue putting money into this game.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    as top tier players its not just darks. we are going to hit crit and arp softcaps easily with r9 and 10. then put on perfect vorpal as wep enchant. and you are going to get 1-2 shot by even tanks. lmao if u never had tenebrous before then you have no say in how the enchant works

Classes that build for survivability through defense/deflect/regen and tailor their abilities around CC and survival aren't getting 1 to 2 shot by anyone. Except these classes do not do much damage either, no matter what rank 10s you put on them. Except we can now throw Tenebrous on them and not only do they have all that survivability, they do pretty strong burst damage as well.

A GF using DPS rank 10s most is not going to be using regents gear. He is going to be in Timeless gear and most likley with DPS accessories. These GFs are much, much squishier than the the former. GWFs lose too much survival if they drop Titan's/Scrappers and don't really gain damage like the other classes do unless they go Destroyer, making them even more squishy. A permastealth rogue now needs to drop survival stats to get more damage, making them more vulnerable.

Yes, decked in rank 10s and DPS gear, people do a lot of damage. They also die a lot faster. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out how Tenebrous work when you play enough to face top geared pvp players. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when I square off with another GWF and in the first round of encounters I am at less than half health and he is still at 80%. It doesn't take a genius to figure out when I throw up a block as GF and in a single at will my entire shield disappears what happened.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    this shows how little you know about the game. timeless is a garbage set. you grab the double arp setup and u can hit 30% crit and cap armor pen as a gf. with this setup u still end up having past diminishing defence and high regen. ive seen the crit arp gfs hit an upwards to 15k without knights challenge, and the have the ability to prone lock. thats GG. also as a gwf. all you have to do is change the accesories to crit arp regen, and u can hit cap arp at 1k with the boost from con. then u can hit cap crit by stacking r10 azures. ive seen SENT GWF crit over 15k with 1 encounter. as for rogues u hit cap arp and crit while being perma or semi perma build so all you can really do is stack power. rogues and cw get more of a nerf. but GF and GWF will now be near unkillable if they know what thier doing, on top of having a stunning amount of prones and stuns and high dmg? GG.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]