• blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i lol'ed.. but its true
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    +1 for this .. so true <3
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So sad, I don't really feel like playing much now. It was noticeable. I wasn't even OP to begin with, I finally felt like a good match for people at my level and with lots of enchants, now I just feel like I'm level 40 again. **** Cryptic, I'm so through with them.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Am I the only GWF that is doing well??

I have no trouble in the new area. I can at-will aoe down the weaker groups. My encounters are all single target and take down the bigger stuff pretty well. I can still hit unstoppable nearly every fight. With modest (just over 10%) life stealing, I walk out of most fights with hardly any damage. Every item I have is blue except my epic dragon jaw "sword" from the AH, yet my GWF does the daily grind faster and easier than my well geared TR and cheap epic geared CW.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    noroblad wrote: »

I have no trouble in the new area. I can at-will aoe down the weaker groups. My encounters are all single target and take down the bigger stuff pretty well. I can still hit unstoppable nearly every fight. With modest (just over 10%) life stealing, I walk out of most fights with hardly any damage. Every item I have is blue except my epic dragon jaw "sword" from the AH, yet my GWF does the daily grind faster and easier than my well geared TR and cheap epic geared CW.

You still have blue, move along kid and let the the big boys discuss our class, LOL, oh, and if you ask my GS i'm 13.6k. THere is big difference before and after the patch and if you can't feel it, go play more.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The new area is soloable by my healing cleric too. This means nothing to the sorry state the gwf AND dc are in right now, it only means the mobs in the area are really weak.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    One of the BEST GWF's I know is Steamroller and he's a primary PvE player and built his character around PvE. He has always been 1 of 2 GWF's that do more damage than my GF in T2 runs.

All weekend I was clearing Malabog and doing between 14-16.9Mil Damage and #1 till I ran with him. He said that the class does really have to work for damage now due to the nerfs and bugged Unstoppable but he was still #1 in our run with me #2.

A properly built GWF can still do godly damage.
  • tranceformationtranceformation Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a big kick in the teeth the GWF as had. I have 13.7gs GWf des spec and loved playing this class b4 the feywild patch.I came top in most dd i went in but now with this slam nerf and 5 max hit on mobs with our aoes it sucks now dont fell that i am doing my job that i spec for.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You still have blue, move along kid and let the the big boys discuss our class, LOL, oh, and if you ask my GS i'm 13.6k. THere is big difference before and after the patch and if you can't feel it, go play more.

Distraction from the question is no answer. The reason I have blues is my TR and to a lesser extent CW are the characters that I worked hard on. The well geared TR cannot do as well as my blue geared GWF since the patch, with a good 150% better gear score.

There may well be a big difference since the patch, but that is a far cry from "cannot kill anything" as suggested from the thread title. If I can destroy everything in blues, it should be easy for you "big kids" to handle.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The following says all you need to know about GWF.
    AP Gain
    Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    One of the BEST GWF's I know is Steamroller and he's a primary PvE player and built his character around PvE. He has always been 1 of 2 GWF's that do more damage than my GF in T2 runs.

All weekend I was clearing Malabog and doing between 14-16.9Mil Damage and #1 till I ran with him. He said that the class does really have to work for damage now due to the nerfs and bugged Unstoppable but he was still #1 in our run with me #2.

A properly built GWF can still do godly damage.

I've played with Steamroller and TankMode (mainly PvP spec) quite a bit. I would definitely not call their damage godly, though they're excellent players. Godly damage for a GWF now comes down to ridic enchants, it's the only way to compensate for this bull****.
    edited August 2013
    Distraction from the question is no answer. The reason I have blues is my TR and to a lesser extent CW are the characters that I worked hard on. The well geared TR cannot do as well as my blue geared GWF since the patch, with a good 150% better gear score.

There may well be a big difference since the patch, but that is a far cry from "cannot kill anything" as suggested from the thread title. If I can destroy everything in blues, it should be easy for you "big kids" to handle.

The main problem here is we've all worked hard and speced ourselves based on certain things we found that worked, and now these things have been basically ruined for many players. Sure, if I had all rank 10s, it would be noticeable, but I'd manage, but I'm not there yet. I have mainly rank 8s, a GPF, full Avatar, with that **** I shouldn't have to ****ing struggle. I was doing great before this ****ing patch.
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    The following says all you need to know about GWF.
    AP Gain

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.

I feel ya man, I don't even feel like trying a dungeon right now, don't think I will. Thankfully I stacked my crafting so I make a ton off of that. I'm just going to collect enchants, get beast with them, and see what happens. Maybe by that time there will be some sort of turnaround and we won't feel <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again. I was usually always first place in DPS, and I dread to see where I am now.
    edited August 2013
    I've played with Steamroller and TankMode (mainly PvP spec) quite a bit. I would definitely not call their damage godly, though they're excellent players. Godly damage for a GWF now comes down to ridic enchants, it's the only way to compensate for this bull****.

You are comparing PvP to PvE. Steamroller was running a sentinel build for about a month and his damage was garbage but he switched back to his PvE build and gear/enchants so he can run Malabog's Castle with me. So far he's the only person that's out damaged my GF in Malabog.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Chudo,

Just be glad that you have all of your Epic gear. From what I hear, DD chests are now dropping blue items and rarely dropping purples. And hey, at least you get a Respec.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    They killed the slam spam build. Well time to move on.
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have had no problems in dungeons or skirmishes with my GWF. I feel just as strong as I have ever been.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Lol I feel bad that all the dps GWF's got nerfed so badly. As a PvP specced Sent I barely noticed a difference, and the difference I did notice was reduction in unstoppable time, which was apparently a bug that is now fixed heh. I thought this patch was to deal with incredible tankiness of sent, but it did barely even noticeable survivability reduction for us, but screwed up dps paths...

Still take 4-5 pugs to make me retreat, and 2-3 guild mates.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited August 2013
    They killed the slam spam build. Well time to move on.

No...they killed any viable DPS build. PVP is pretty much untouched for Sentinel.
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No...they killed any viable DPS build. PVP is pretty much untouched for Sentinel.

Are you sure? They haven't killed my PVE build. Sure Slam does less damage, but that doesn't make or break a GWF during dungeons.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
    edited August 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    Are you sure? They haven't killed my PVE build. Sure Slam does less damage, but that doesn't make or break a GWF during dungeons.

They are butt hurt and a QQ Troll (Not you but the person you are Quoting). Just ignore and move on. Unstoppable was bugged and once I explained why it's bugged to my guilds GWF's they all stopped their QQ's and moved on. Unstoppable should be fixed now "hopefully" and you may need to use a few different skills but everyones damage was nerfed a bit.

Guardian Fighters got hit the hardest with STAL being reworked and all of the QQ went to the Cryptic QQ fountain as they sip on our QQ tears.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    They are butt hurt and a QQ Troll (Not you but the person you are Quoting). Just ignore and move on. Unstoppable was bugged and once I explained why it's bugged to my guilds GWF's they all stopped their QQ's and moved on. Unstoppable should be fixed now "hopefully" and you may need to use a few different skills but everyones damage was nerfed a bit.

Guardian Fighters got hit the hardest with STAL being reworked and all of the QQ went to the Cryptic QQ fountain as they sip on our QQ tears.

Seriously? Wasn't prone duration slightly buffed via feats? Stal was good for PvE I agree, but it certainly was not BiS for PvP. I switched out of stalwart a couple weeks before the patch and noticed a huge dmg increase with minimal defense loss. If all they recieved was a nerf to 1 set (that was only good in PvE) they didn't get nerfed even close to as hard as GWF.

This is coming from a GWF that didn't even feel the nerf, and as I said I have a GF as well.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited August 2013

So you don't use roar, ibs or not so fast? Otherwise yes you got nerfed.
    edited August 2013
    So you don't use roar, ibs or not so fast? Otherwise yes you got nerfed.

Did you read what I quoted? I was saying we didn't get killed off. I respec'd my GWF and changed out several enchantments to combat things like Slam damage being lowered... I actually stopped using Roar for other reasons.

My dps is still there. To say the class is broken is hilarious.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Seriously? Wasn't prone duration slightly buffed via feats? Stal was good for PvE I agree, but it certainly was not BiS for PvP. I switched out of stalwart a couple weeks before the patch and noticed a huge dmg increase with minimal defense loss. If all they recieved was a nerf to 1 set (that was only good in PvE) they didn't get nerfed even close to as hard as GWF.

This is coming from a GWF that didn't even feel the nerf, and as I said I have a GF as well.

STAL was BIS PvP & PVE. Now it's worthless and replaced with blues because the set bonus was the only good thing about the set.

Pin Down was massively nerfed to useless feat now. From 10%, 20%, 30% to .1, .2, .3 Seconds.
    Knights Valor also massively nerfed as it now generates very little AP. Skill is only good for team damage reduction.

Pretty much Cryptic Nerfed:
    Destroyed BiS Armor Set - Removing all STAL builds
    Massively Nerfed CC builds
    Made one of the best Defensive & AP Gain skills strictly Defensive and nearly useless to being situational only.

Pretty much screwed a large population of GF without buying dinner first.

The funny thing is it didn't fix PvP superiority or PvE DPS builds and we are just as godly as before. Just forces players to spend a few bucks or farm new gear.
    edited August 2013
    Did you read what I quoted? I was saying we didn't get killed off. I respec'd my GWF and changed out several enchantments to combat things like Slam damage being lowered... I actually stopped using Roar for other reasons.

This is also why I went Knights Captain set to boost my GWF/TR buddy's damage nerfs so they still hit as hard as ever. :P
    edited August 2013

Here...let me quote why GWF are dead...you want to enjoy the GWF class then more power too you.

I won't run dungeons or DD nor will I pvp and here is why.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds

edited August 2013

Drink the koolaid my friend...Corporate America is betting on blind loyalty.

P.S. You are on my server. Whisper Warbane for an introductory run with guild members. Once you see the numbers you will be on here shouting from the roof tops about how gimp you are.
    edited August 2013
    Drink the koolaid my friend...Corporate America is betting on blind loyalty.

P.S. You are on my server. Whisper Warbane for an introductory run with guild members. Once you see the numbers you will be on here shouting from the roof tops about how gimp you are.

You said that you end up above the DC in 4th on the dps meters ... that shows me that you aren't playing your character correctly. The only times I won't end up on top of the DPS charts is when I have to tank a boss, for example the 2nd boss in CN or the last boss in Spell Plague (we did it without a rogue last night).

And this part right here "GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF."

Hilarious statement. How about you whisper me for a run with our guild and we can show you how non gimp we really are. I'd be glad to help you out. Seriously, I'm a nice guy and would like to help your character out.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS

edited August 2013
    You said that you end up above the DC in 4th on the dps meters ... that shows me that you aren't playing your character correctly. The only times I won't end up on top of the DPS charts is when I have to tank a boss, for example the 2nd boss in CN or the last boss in Spell Plague (we did it without a rogue last night).

And this part right here "GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF."

Hilarious statement. How about you whisper me for a run with our guild and we can show you how non gimp we really are. I'd be glad to help you out. Seriously, I'm a nice guy and would like to help your character out.

Yep. That is it. I went from smashing DPS to replaceable DPS. I must have forgotten how to play between the old patch and the new patch. Thanks for pointing that out. Also you told me to respec. I have played Instigator since open beta day one. I know that role inside and out. I put out more burst dps than a TR hitting 130k debuff crit. Granted it was divided against targets hit. The point is that Instigator relies heavily on AP generation. Removing AP per target hit on an AOE class crippled some solid roles. Thanks for the offer but I assure you I have been min/maxing since the 80's.

Edit: I removed slam before there was an announced nerf. Only slotted for pvp.