Options

Crashing every few minutes

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mordecai5 wrote: »
    I updated the drivers but the game still gives me an error code at login about device removed and kernel mode 311.06 being repaired. Still doesn't work though. Any ideas?

Try reinstall the drivers, but do a clean install. Uninstall drivers, use driver sweeper to remove all reg files,restsr pc and install drivers again.I cant think of anything else.
  • Options
    arimis5226arimis5226 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG0x887A0006

This error is on the application side, guys. This isn't our computer, or our GPU or anything we are doing wrong.

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application (neverwinter). This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

I found this with the error code both I and others who have posted here have posted with a quick google and a little reading. Come on, guys. I'm not exactly sure what else you want me to tell you.

It's happening to NVIDIA Cards, so there must be something with the way your application is utilizing the drivers for Gforce cards, and it's happening regardless of graphic settings, DX selection, operating system..... come on. I can't believe you guys having loaded your own game on a machine with some GeForce 570 and recreated the problem yet. It's pretty persistent and annoying. Pretty much a game breaker at times. You also have 22 pages on this one thread about it, with little to no acknowledgement regarding the problem, or at least letting us know you are aware of the issue, admitting it is probably on your end, and you have a clue what you are doing about it. It's been weeks now, guys.
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    arimis5226 wrote: »

This error is on the application side, guys. This isn't our computer, or our GPU or anything we are doing wrong.

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application (neverwinter). This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

I found this with the error code both I and others who have posted here have posted with a quick google and a little reading. Come on, guys. I'm not exactly sure what else you want me to tell you.

It's happening to NVIDIA Cards, so there must be something with the way your application is utilizing the drivers for Gforce cards, and it's happening regardless of graphic settings, DX selection, operating system..... come on. I can't believe you guys having loaded your own game on a machine with some GeForce 570 and recreated the problem yet. It's pretty persistent and annoying. Pretty much a game breaker at times. You also have 22 pages on this one thread about it, with little to no acknowledgement regarding the problem, or at least letting us know you are aware of the issue, admitting it is probably on your end, and you have a clue what you are doing about it. It's been weeks now, guys.

We run the game on GeForce hardware regularly, as well as hardware from other companies. Your issue does not sound the same as the other users in the thread. I've forwarded your information to our graphics lead.
  • Options
    arimis5226arimis5226 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    it seems to happen nearly every time I am trying to concecrate the west field in neverdeath graveyard on my lvl 25 moon elf CW. I can't even log in without it crashing within 3 seconds on that spot, it has happened 5 times now. Once, I managed to shift F2 to release my character, and ran back out to the same spot, activated the cross thingie, and started casting my daily, blam, crash to desktop again, this last time I got DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET 0x887A0007 instead of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG0x887A0006. The MSDN info for these errors are:

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET0x887A0007
    The device failed due to a badly formed command. This is a run-time issue; The application should destroy and recreate the device.

I'm seeing a couple of common things here. Maybe this will help you underp.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    it seems to happen nearly every time I am trying to concecrate the west field in neverdeath graveyard on my lvl 25 moon elf CW. I can't even log in without it crashing within 3 seconds on that spot, it has happened 5 times now. Once, I managed to shift F2 to release my character, and ran back out to the same spot, activated the cross thingie, and started casting my daily, blam, crash to desktop again, this last time I got DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET 0x887A0007 instead of DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG0x887A0006. The MSDN info for these errors are:

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET0x887A0007
    The device failed due to a badly formed command. This is a run-time issue; The application should destroy and recreate the device.

I'm seeing a couple of common things here. Maybe this will help you underp.
    It's most definitely recurring here each and every time I attempt to do this part of the quest. I've waited hours, came back, logged in and attempted it again and got the RESET error twice in a row. One of the ETs were 14189862.
  • Options
    voidx666voidx666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Im having similar problems. I can play the game fine until its around 6:30pm mountain time and then i get disconnected constantly after about 5 seconds of being in the game. Then if i try log in later it crashes instantly as soon as the character logs in. Wake up the next day and can play fine till around the same time.

Its nothing to do with my connection as im on 50mb Fibre-optic. Event viewer shows nothing and dx logs show nothing. Every other game plays fine and my rig can max out any game you throw at it. Safe mode does nothing, complete uninstall including manual removal of keys from the registry etc and reinstall does nothing.

I can log on from another laptop i have on the same account though and it works. Bizarre to say
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It's most definitely recurring here each and every time I attempt to do this part of the quest. I've waited hours, came back, logged in and attempted it again and got the RESET error twice in a row. One of the ETs were 14189862.
    Alrighty, so maybe I have something here that will help you guysz. So I found that spot in that quest where I could continually repeat the failure everytime, and I spent quite a bit of time (and injury kits) making changes and trying again. Every time, the game still failed. I changed SLI settings, I went from max screen to full screen, I dropped ALL graphics settings to the lowest possible setting (save resolution), system reboot, nothing seemed to work.

Until I rolled back my drivers, and here's the ticket. I was running the latest Beta drivers from NVIDIA. I rolled back to my last drivers, 320.49 (whql), and for the first time I managed to get through the quest and complete it. No crashing, after about 20-30 crashes. So maybe that's something to look into. I'm not sure if they crashing will go away completely, as the entire reason I upgraded my drivers to beta after the feywild expansion was because I would occasionally crash to desktop. This however was the first time I was able to recreate the fault every time. If this doesn't help you guys pinpoint the problem, I'm not sure what will. It's likely that it will persist in future driver updates from NVIDIA until the problem is resolved. I think I deserve a cookie, or at least about a dozen injury kits for my CW to make us even (since I'll never get those few hours of my life back).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Alrighty, so maybe I have something here that will help you guysz. So I found that spot in that quest where I could continually repeat the failure everytime, and I spent quite a bit of time (and injury kits) making changes and trying again. Every time, the game still failed. I changed SLI settings, I went from max screen to full screen, I dropped ALL graphics settings to the lowest possible setting (save resolution), system reboot, nothing seemed to work.

Until I rolled back my drivers, and here's the ticket. I was running the latest Beta drivers from NVIDIA. I rolled back to my last drivers, 320.49 (whql), and for the first time I managed to get through the quest and complete it. No crashing, after about 20-30 crashes. So maybe that's something to look into. I'm not sure if they crashing will go away completely, as the entire reason I upgraded my drivers to beta after the feywild expansion was because I would occasionally crash to desktop. This however was the first time I was able to recreate the fault every time. If this doesn't help you guys pinpoint the problem, I'm not sure what will. It's likely that it will persist in future driver updates from NVIDIA until the problem is resolved. I think I deserve a cookie, or at least about a dozen injury kits for my CW to make us even (since I'll never get those few hours of my life back).

And I take back everything I said. The rolling back the driver didn't FIX the problem, it just delayed the crash. Not 5 minutes after writing the above post while my character was sitting near the same place, I got the HUNG fault again.

ET= 14189862

So it looks like the problem persists, but was delayed long enough for me to complete the quest. There is something with that area or the quest that my GeForce 570s don't like. Seeing as now they are WHQL drivers, it isn't something you can blame on the drivers, MS, or DX. Have fun. I'm moving along hopefully, and never returning to that place. If I find another place it reoccurs, I'll let you know.

Get to work!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    And I take back everything I said. The rolling back the driver didn't FIX the problem, it just delayed the crash. Not 5 minutes after writing the above post while my character was sitting near the same place, I got the HUNG fault again.

ET= 14189862

So it looks like the problem persists, but was delayed long enough for me to complete the quest. There is something with that area or the quest that my GeForce 570s don't like. Seeing as now they are WHQL drivers, it isn't something you can blame on the drivers, MS, or DX. Have fun. I'm moving along hopefully, and never returning to that place. If I find another place it reoccurs, I'll let you know.

Get to work!

Still happening throughout neverdeath GY, so I guess this character is going on the shelf for now. Last error was the HUNG error, ET 14181774.
  • Options
    natalinnuxnatalinnux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    same issues here, same errors as arimis5226 posted; crashes are happening randomly; tried clean driver install, tried the newest beta 326.80 drivers, same thing; fullscreen, windowed mode, highest, lowest settings; even reinstalled the game... GeForce gtx 570 here btw, nvidia experience even recommends i run the game with everything set on max (i have lowered max physics debris objects tho, since it helped get rid of the gfx lag in dungeons). The game was working fine before the Feywild expansion.

COME ON CRYPTIC :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This problem has essentially ruled my CW as unplayable in neverdeath GY. I can't stay logged in for more than a few seconds when I try to progress in questing. This is a game breaker for me. GAME BREAKER ALERT! I cannot procede through the main quest line with this bug. I am stuck. Will put this character on the shelf until the problem is fixed.
    last few ETs are 14189862 again.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Switching to DX9.0 seemed to allow me to continue for now. I've swapped back and forth between the DX 11/9/9e settings a number of times. The random crashes persist regardless. It seems DX9 keeps it at bay for now in this area alone. Not sure what else to give you guys. I've managed to recreate, and persist the problem, and resolve temporarily. I shouldn't have to do this, you know?
  • Options
    galaedridgalaedrid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm new to this game and just downloaded it today. I too am getting this error message and the game randomly crashing every few minutes. I haven't read through all 23 pages, but I was wondering if a workaround has been found? My graphics card is gtx 570 and I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, but I am still crashing. I then tried to put my settings to low, that seemed to help a bit but I still crashed after about 15 minutes. I'd like to try this game out, but with all the crashes the game is pretty much unplayable for me.
  • Options
    galaedridgalaedrid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, I did as suggested by arimis5226 and switched to DX9.0 and that seemed to work. I was able to play for 2 hours without a single crash at medium settings. Tomorrow I will try with max settings.
  • Options
    baclimonbaclimon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here's what I found from Microsoft

DXGI_ERROR
    Error codes that can be returned by a DXGI function.
    Constant/value Description
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
    0x887A0006

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509553(v=vs.85).aspx
  • Options
    scionrobzscionrobz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This just started happening to me about an hour or two ago. Was playing fine all day, about 5 hours without any problem and then... started getting this message. anyone has a fix?
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    TURN THESE OPTIONS OFF OR SET TO LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTING.

KLmcV0H.jpg

I was having the same issue with the "Device_Hung" thing. As soon as I turned these off, the game ran stable.
    Currently I have every other option set to minimum in order to combat the ranger's Green light/rock fiasco.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    infosus1993infosus1993 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone in the Dev team F'ed up really, really, really badly. Somehow NeverWinter not only f**ks around with graphic driver (i.e. purple flashes, colour distortion and other weird flashes before crashing) it also somehow manages to effect other programs!

Chrome doesn't even work after NW crashes. Some of the fonts go completely black, websites flicker while loading and then whole thing crashes! And I think some other things happen as well, just haven found them and really don't want to. These crashes have been quite frequent of the late, causing BSoD, launcher crashing, game client crashing, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rubber banding and lag.

NeverWinter is doing something wrong under the hood to create such a mess on my computer and I not sure what it is. But for F**k sake, Dev's check your flippin' code! I don't know if it's an optimization for the Nvidia drivers that went wrong or some optimization for AMD cpus cuz the game ain't playable right now!

And knowing how long some fixes can be, I want some form of compensation since I can't participate in the winter festival contest thing or the whole game for that matter. I know that sounds childish but this is/WAS the only game I could get some prizes as free player. -_- so far all i got was a scarf........
  • Options
    exchantexchant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Model: Asus G73JH
    Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870
    Video Card Drivers: 8.683.0.0 (Date: 12/17/09)

To tackle the MC outskirts performance issues I chose to update my display drivers with the latest stable version for AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics cards, 13.251, as suggested by AMD support pages. Manual installation as Windows insisted on the display drivers to be up-to-date. Installation was successful, no conflicts or any issues with e.g. multimedia files. Currently no other games installed to give a go. Then, attempting to play Neverwinter just to end up crashing every after 10-30 minutes. Uninstalling, DriverSweeper and reinstallation of AMD display drivers as well as re-installing Neverwinter client software had no effect. Ended up uninstalling the display drivers and installing version 8.683.0.0 again. Running "normally" again (with the certain lagging/rubberbanding in Sharandar, Dread Ring etc.).

When crashing I always received the same fatal error message code 0x887A0006 as has already been reported. Effect on display ranged from desktop being drawn oblique as opposed to the normal horizontal/vertical to automatically rebooting the computer.

Here are two error messages should they be of any help:
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating vertex buffer
    Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating a texture
    Technical Details: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D texture size 256 x 256 (9 mips, RTEX_DXT5, usage 4, Mgd Y, GS N) D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
  • Options
    loviotorloviotor Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've tried every trick listed in the last 23 pages. I am consistently crashing, and currently have a ranger in Rothe Valley that crashes every time I attempt to load that character. All others load properly.
  • Options
    gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm experiencing the same, gamebreaking series of client's random crashes that, at least for me, have definitely a connection with patch NW.10.20131211a.9. Before the patch upload I used to run the game at top setting for every graphics option with no problem whatsoever, while now I've to spend time playing while tweaking options to awful looking low graphics, hoping that some visual downgrade could extend the playtime during a crash and the subsequent one. Obviously there is no way to partake in party instances, for this issue forces anyone experiencing it to avoid most of the true end level content in the game.

As for many other players who have reported in this thread, my PC hardware and OS are able to support newer and more graphic heavy programs than NW and, as said before, the game was quite stable before the patch, so it's plain where the origin of the issues lays.

From my side, I'm trying to support the game sending gigabytes of crash related info dumps every (frequent) time I'm experiencing a client crash. I hope only that cross-referencing all these reports could in some way help the technical support to find a definitive solution to the issue, even though it's causing much lag having such a band saturating process working in background almost all the times.

PS: I suggest everyone experiencing this issue to send related info though the tool. Only with detailed and technical informations the tech support could define the source of the problem and correct it.
  • Options
    onarogonarog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got to agree. Since the event started I'm unable to play this game for any useful time. I get 10-20 crashes each evening when playing and they can come anytime without me doing anything specific. I've tried every trick and even lowest ever graphics settings, but to no avail. It crashes for me constantly. They should have over 200 crash dumps from me playing alone... How can this be so hard to fix?!?

I really do hope they fix it soon cause I'm running out interest soon. I love the game but it's totally useless for me now.

/Nikster
    I'm experiencing the same, gamebreaking series of client's random crashes that, at least for me, have definitely a connection with patch NW.10.20131211a.9. Before the patch upload I used to run the game at top setting for every graphics option with no problem whatsoever, while now I've to spend time playing while tweaking options to awful looking low graphics, hoping that some visual downgrade could extend the playtime during a crash and the subsequent one. Obviously there is no way to partake in party instances, for this issue forces anyone experiencing it to avoid most of the true end level content in the game.

As for many other players who have reported in this thread, my PC hardware and OS are able to support newer and more graphic heavy programs than NW and, as said before, the game was quite stable before the patch, so it's plain where the origin of the issues lays.

From my side, I'm trying to support the game sending gigabytes of crash related info dumps every (frequent) time I'm experiencing a client crash. I hope only that cross-referencing all these reports could in some way help the technical support to find a definitive solution to the issue, even though it's causing much lag having such a band saturating process working in background almost all the times.

PS: I suggest everyone experiencing this issue to send related info though the tool. Only with detailed and technical informations the tech support could define the source of the problem and correct it.
This discussion has been closed.