What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing every few minutes

Comments

• Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    well for me it was 25min then freeze... and logout, which was weird it did not exactly crash, but it logged me out sigh.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I get the send crash data window every time
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashes for me about every 15-30 minutes still.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    It's still crashing for me. The hotfix this morning didn't fix anything. Usually crashes when the game tries to load many assets all at once like in the middle of town where there are a lot of players. It would load, freeze then crash.
  • Options
    altreg01altreg01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Todays fix actually broke the game for me, Ive never crashed until AFTER todays fix, and its crashing fast and furious.
    I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They dont care **** about them bugs.. nothing has been fixed in this last maintance today..

1. Crash
    2. AH bye out sort
    3. Graphic Clitches indoors.
    and a lot off other stuff that comes with feywild patch..

and if you people at Perfect World are even reading this or care then remember i have seen in a lot og thrads when poeple say dont whaste time playing this game the answer are quick from you people...

and i quote "remember it is a very Little amount off people that plays the game that are posting in forum"

Perfect World remember when the very Little amount off people in here write then there is a big big amount off people that are playing that also have these problems.......

how much downtime does it take to get it fixed. and why dont we get some updates on what you people are doing and trying to fix..

come on think a Little less about new ways to make Money and make the product you have already made playable....
  • Options
    snakeman81snakeman81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Todays patch didnt fix anything for me. I cant play my rogue whos in Tower District at all, the crashes are constant there. It took me about an hour to get him back to Protectors Enclave last night. I tried to go back today and crashed three times within 5 minutes.

Now i cant even log into the game at all. Ive crashed 4 times immediately after hitting "play".
  • Options
    optik76optik76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What video cards / drivers is everyone running. Prior to the Feywild exp I had never crashed or even lagged / rubberbanded. Since the exp the only thing I had changed was updating video drivers and now crash to desktop and rubberbanding all over in instances.
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ATI Radeon HD 5670
  • Options
    timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I still experience crashing once in awhile. Maybe once every 2 hours. It seems to have the exact same symptoms as when it crashed every 10-15mins but now just more spaced out.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nope still crashes while on screen before characters list.

same error
    Fatal error
    direct3d driver returned error code (DXG1_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating a texture
    Technical details; DXG1_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D texture
    size 4096 x 1 (1mips,RTEX_R_F32,USAGE4,NgdY,GS N)D3D11
    DEvice removal due to
    DXG1_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET
    0x887a0007

Thats a boot to the desktop
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Would be nice to have a polling feature in the forums. Seem to be a lot of posts on this problem. If they could all be put into one, we would know how wide spread this problem is. Then maybe they would fix it.... For now, I'm off to play FF14 till they fix this. I can't play something that crashes every few minutes.
  • Options
    farrquaafarrquaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After the content update I had some crashed but game was playable if I stayed out of the enclave. today I could not log into one toon that was either in the new zone or the enclave. I logged into another toon and tried to go t the enclave. as soon as I tried to port game crash and now crashes on the toon every time as well. made a new character. got past the big boss guy and as I was porting to the next area, the enclave I think game crashed and now can log in on that toon.
    it went from bad to I cant play.
  • Options
    pinyerapinyera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashing at character select screen as well.
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/13 14:37:39 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
    Page File: 2286MB used, 30441MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

• Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Still crashing a lot, over 40 total since feywild update. Please fix ffs.
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am experiencing this as well. I was just standing still in protector's enclave and boom, crashed.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pinyera wrote: »
    Crashing at character select screen as well.
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/13 14:37:39 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
    Page File: 2286MB used, 30441MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

also on windows 8 pro- 64 bit
    hopefully you don't want me to find the rest of that. I found what windows 32/64 it was on the invidia control panel
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    selenebellatrixselenebellatrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same problem only since patching today though - crashes submits report verify files everything is fine -
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    Getting tiresome! To the point I don't care to log in anymore! Please fix ASAP!
  • Options
    ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im crashing both computers I play NW on and I recently sent in my computer to get checked I hope my 3rd last computer isnt like this cause this disconnecting is really starting to annoy me it was perfectly fine before for me till this latest patch...
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yesterday after fix I tested two instances when I had crashed before. I haven't crashed in pvp 20 vs 20 like the last time, although game freezed several time and there was texture delay I feared will cause crashing again. And then gg dungeon, when I last crashed fighting main boss - after patch there were lags, that almost killed me, but no crash. So - at least for now - game bacame more stable for me, and thanks for that. Sadly, it didn't solve it for others and for generall rubberbanding and lag. I'll try to run normal dungeons to see if crashing is trully over.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're working on this and hope to have a hotfix soon. Please feel free to post here with as much detail as possible (system info, where you're seeing the crashes, etc.) and we'll investigate further.

Thank you!

@sominator any word on a fix yet?
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still crashing to desktop after a few mins - this is unplayable for me atm.
  • Options
    ecodeecode Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As everyone here, I too have this issue. Sometimes it crashes to desktop, sometimes it gives me Cryptic bug tracker form, and sometimes it gives me this:

l37Xoaj.jpg

This is funny, because a very similar bug plagued World of Warcraft around two years ago, and it took them quite a while to fix it :) If I remember right it was a conflict between how nVidia and ATI handles stuff differently.

May the rivers of beer flow in devs belly who manages to address this issue first! :o
    Cheers!
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ecode wrote: »
    l37Xoaj.jpg

That's an error for DirectX itself. It might be a different problem then what others are experiencing here.

To help troubleshoot that I'd do all of the normal GPU troubleshooting...

1.) Install the latest driver for your video card if you don't already have it. Use the stable/release versions, not beta versions.

2.) Install the latest chipset drivers for your computer. For a laptop, use the manufacturer's website. For a desktop use either the motherboard manufacturer's website or the chipset manufacturer's website (eg: Intel, AMD).

3.) Wipe DirectX and reinstall it. Google it, but here's one method: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-uninstall-directx-and-reinstall-to-repair-directx/

4.) Run Furmark on the system for a couple hours and see if it crashes there. If it does, something is seriously wrong with either your hardware or drivers. If it doesn't, it's probably something wrong with the game or a compatibility issue with your configuration.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    ecodeecode Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's an error for DirectX itself. It might be a different problem then what others are experiencing here.

To help troubleshoot that I'd do all of the normal GPU troubleshooting...

1.) Install the latest driver for your video card if you don't already have it. Use the stable/release versions, not beta versions.

2.) Install the latest chipset drivers for your computer. For a laptop, use the manufacturer's website. For a desktop use either the motherboard manufacturer's website or the chipset manufacturer's website (eg: Intel, AMD).

3.) Wipe DirectX and reinstall it. Google it, but here's one method: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-uninstall-directx-and-reinstall-to-repair-directx/

4.) Run Furmark on the system for a couple hours and see if it crashes there. If it does, something is seriously wrong with either your hardware or drivers. If it doesn't, it's probably something wrong with the game or a compatibility issue with your configuration.

Hi, I basicly did all of the above aside of Furmark. This started happening only after the new module update and I'm not affected by this error in any of the other, more gpu heavy, games I own.
    I don't Furmark, cause it's basicly a GPU killer :D
  • Options
    astrozarastrozar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited August 2013
    Since the new Patch my Client is crashing regularly too.
  • Options
    pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My fiance is crashing regularly. Every time she tries to enter the Underscar in Helms Hold she gets a fatal error. The launcher then will get stuck on "patching" unless we first use task manager to end the process "gameclient.exe". She can not enter the Underscar at all and has not other quests to move on to.
  • Options
    selenebellatrixselenebellatrix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it stopped last night but tonight - already crashing just in PE searching AH crashes them makes me verify files
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ecode wrote: »
    I don't Furmark, cause it's basicly a GPU killer :D

I think you have a misconception of Furmark. Furmark is not hardware. It can't force your GPU and graphics subsystem to do anything beyond it's normal operating practices. It can't override your GPU thermal shutdown safeties, etc.

Furmark is just used to test your graphics subsystem, nothing more. If your system chokes on Furmark then there's something wrong with it. Be that your case cooling design, drivers, or a problem with the video card(s)/GPU(s) themselves.

If your system is stable with Furmark, then that shifts the blame to individual games. It's a great tool to troubleshoot with the process of elimination.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
This discussion has been closed.