test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing every few minutes

ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So since the new patch I crashed only once before they took the server down...once its back up Im crashing every few minutes anyone else got this problem?

Update: I have verified everything to and it still crashes on me
Post edited by ladynightroad on

Comments

• Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2013
    Same problem. Gonna try safe mode now. Will report back if the problem persists then.
  • Options
    ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Safe mode is not even working for me...

Update:
    Yeah no its still crashing on me no matter what I do and its 5am almost for me...gonna see if its sorted later also if anyone fixes theirs let me know how incase mine hasnt fixed itself
  • Options
    ramzes662ramzes662 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here.

What the...?
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Safe mode is not even working for me...

Update:
    Yeah no its still crashing on me no matter what I do and its 5am almost for me...gonna see if its sorted later also if anyone fixes theirs let me know how incase mine hasnt fixed itself

Same here.. crashing about every 3 minutes
  • Options
    timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashing about every 5 mins for me also. Have not timed the exact intervals of crashes. The game client simply disappears and the game is gone as if it never loaded. No warning, no freezing. Just disappears. Only crashed once every couple of weeks before the patch. Nothing but the neverwinter forums running in the background.
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ditto can't stay logged in for any time at all.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2013
    Verified - Safe mode - then cranked up setting using the default slider. 5 Mins later I crashed again. This is the 6th time or so.

Had no such issues before Module 1.
  • Options
    lavenderkaelavenderkae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Add me to the list. verifying files didn't work, either.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rebooted Pc. So far no more crashes.
  • Options
    theoriginalsyntheoriginalsyn Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rebooted Pc. So far no more crashes.

I rebooted and still crashing. I logged in shortly after servers first came up this am and crashed. I then just came back, hours later and crashed 1 min. after logging in. I've verified, rebooted, safe-moded, etc. I'll just wait till something is done about it.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just started crashing here as well...
  • Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Same here, though it doesn't seem to crash if I create a new character and play through the starting quests. I have done all possible troubleshooting steps short of deleting the game and re-downloading.
  • Options
    lavenderkaelavenderkae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For me it seems to be isolated to Protector's Enclave - if I stay there more than a few minutes, crash out. If I leave and go other places (like foundry quests), its fine until I return to PE. I was able to complete 2 foundries without dropping, but trying to identify the items and sell them in PE between them, I crashed out.
  • Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    For me it seems to be isolated to Protector's Enclave - if I stay there more than a few minutes, crash out. If I leave and go other places (like foundry quests), its fine until I return to PE. I was able to complete 2 foundries without dropping, but trying to identify the items and sell them in PE between them, I crashed out.

I crashed 4 times in a row (back to back) while in a Skirmish, so it's not isolated to Protector's Enclave, at least not for everyone.
  • Options
    digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Mine is crashing as well. Only had a couple crashes the last few days (and those never occurred before the last patch) and now all I can do is open the game, click on my character, land in PE long enough to hear the music and the game client quits with a box showing for me to say what I was doing at the time. Devs, you'll know it's my comp when you read, "Uh, I had the ****ing nerve to attempt to play the game."
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey all,

We're working on this and hope to have a hotfix soon. Please feel free to post here with as much detail as possible (system info, where you're seeing the crashes, etc.) and we'll investigate further.

Thank you!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    Crashing in Protector's Enclave while doing precisely nothing. Happens from a few seconds after loading to a couple of minutes.

Win 7 64
    8GB Ram
    Intel i5-3570 Quad Core CPU
    Nvidia 650GTX Ti BOOST
  • Options
    nymrynnymryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here. about every 5 - 10 minutes. I have run the verified file option and all the same as above
    As darkness comes you will scream!
    www.azurelforge.net
  • Options
    maelwysmaelwys Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It doesn't seem to matter which location I'm in, about every 3 minutes I will get a "Server not responding" message that counts up to around 30 seconds then it drops my connection. I can immediately log back into the game, but the cycle just starts again, disconnecting me after about 3 minutes of play.
    edited August 2013
    I was able to play after the servers came back up, but now I cant play for more than a few seconds without crashing. Worked flawlessly with relatively high settings before.

Running on an Acer M5 with an Intel i5, 6GB Ram, and using the integrated graphics on Windows 8.
  • Options
    treminiontreminion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am crashing also but it is very random. I never crasshed befor the patch.
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Me too. checked all the files and rebooted. Less since then, though now inside graphics seem to be glitching, so I updated graphics drivers which were a week or so behind. Still glitching planar graphics inside buildings.

No desktop crashes since i rebooted.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Crashing as well. I was just standing around in Protector's Enclave, looking at quest log.

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    Geforce GTX 460 Ti Fermi - 320.49 drivers
    AMD CPU - Phenom II BE X4 3.2GHz
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's quality control in which you can take pride! Pride, I say!
  • Options
    abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashing here also.
    master hunt skirmish
    windows 7 64
    radeon 6850
    intel i5 8g of ram
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashed in the skirmish 'master of the hunt' map several times.

Windows 7 64 bits
    Intel core i5-460M
    4Go DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M (1Go)
    Nvidia Driver: 320.18

Custom video settings in game.
  • Options
    rouillardrouillard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same - crashing pretty regular here. about every 2-3 minutes, not a 'set' time I don't think, but it has happened about 5x in a row.
    doing different things - first time was selecting craft stuff, second time was browsing astral diamond vendor, etc.

running a pretty decent machine, so not sure.
    win8
    i7-3720
    32gb ram
    geforce gtx570
    ssd
    etc
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Currently patching where I am now as I play NW at 2 separate locations hopefully this place does not crash and my computer specs at home in general that should matter are:
    Windows 7 64bit
    16gb ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    If there is anything Ive missed let me know and also I was stuck in protectors enclave I managed to get to the gift merchant person opposite knox but that was the longest Ive managed to stay ingame often it would not even be long enough to speed touch type a message to the guild

If
    If there is anything Ive missed let me know >.<

• Options
    dragonback99dragonback99 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is a terrible bug and situation. Nothing like blowing 120 bucks and having a game <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out on you to the point that its completely unplayable.

I have 2 machines.
    A windows 8 laptop with the INTEL 4000 Chipset for graphics and 8GB RAM with a 256 SSd. I use the machine when I am at work as I run my own business, its easy to play in down times.

My other machine is a Windows 8 Desktop at home with 12GB RAM and nVidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB. I have the latest Vid drivers as they updated the other day.

I don't run anything else while playing save Chrome, and a couple of background processes. neither of which are Mumbler or Teamviewer

The funniest thing was that my wife and I were playing this morning after the server came up. My Laptop and my desktop were working fine at the house after the patch.

I go into work as I work afternoon to evening, and I work for awhile. Then near the end of the night I try to login on the laptop and it starts crashing as soon as I make it into the game.

I come home, and I try my desktop, and it is crashing as soon as I get into the game.

I go onto my wife's desktop (A windows 7 machine) and its NOT crashing when I login on that machine.

Now its really neat that I might actually be able to play on my wife's machine, but after blowing 120 bucks, I really would like to be able to login on MY machine and not have to do it through someone else's.

• Options
    knuolfknuolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I crashed once in the Lair of the Mad Dragon but two people from my PUG crashed every 3-4 minutes,after few tries one of them got frustrated and left which is understandable while the other person was in group and was still crashing every 3-4 minutes throughout the 50 minutes dungeon run.
This discussion has been closed.