What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing every few minutes

Comments

• Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I must take back what I've said. I crashed while pvp in GG for a third time, exactely same spot, with texture delay shortly before crash.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    killswitchengagkillswitchengag Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it crashed 154546024847965631230. times today i had enoughhhhhhhhh i hate this game , every patch has to have a crashing issue
  • Options
    saberhawk454saberhawk454 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here can stay loged in for more then 10 to 15 mins then dc's from server....
  • Options
    nighmarecheesenighmarecheese Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I get into the game at the start, kill one person then crazy's.
    Comes up with D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006.
    Ive updated drivers, still no go.
    then went back to old drivers to see, but still no go.

Running 2 570s sli. i even try turning off sli, but yea still no go.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I'm curious, what brand/model of the 570 cards are you running?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    gilgamesh142gilgamesh142 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashing in this game has always been a problem for me. Even with a new pc... bought it 5 months ago. If the crashing/freezing screen issue was resolved this game would be awesome. Otherwise it's not worth my time.
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Hello, everyone. As of the patch today, the particular crash that most of you were experiencing in this thread has been resolved. Thank you for your patience. Of course, some of you may still experience other crashes, hopefully much less often. We will continue to hunt down and fix the highest volume crashes as we find them.

Rob
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I get into the game at the start, kill one person then crazy's.
    Comes up with D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006.
    Ive updated drivers, still no go.
    then went back to old drivers to see, but still no go.

Try running a system stability tester.

I don't know how savvy you are with gaming rigs but SLI is not always stable/supported. I see you turned off SLI but make sure you still have enough juice to power 2 570s.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    laserduck wrote: »
    Hello, everyone. As of the patch today, the particular crash that most of you were experiencing in this thread has been resolved. Thank you for your patience. Of course, some of you may still experience other crashes, hopefully much less often. We will continue to hunt down and fix the highest volume crashes as we find them.

Rob

Awesome, thanks. I've only crashed once, so not sure if mine was the same as everyone else's.

And would you be able to tell us what the results of that crash was, as in a client crash with a bug ticket report, or a hard crash like a DXDiag/driver crash? Thanks!
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    vanelir13vanelir13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been having crashes as well, but they seem localized to certain areas. I crash every time I attempt to enter the Driftwood tavern, or go behind the tapestry in the Nasher Headquarters dungeon. Changing my graphics settings from max - the recommended settings by the game - to minimum, has not helped in the slightest. I crash in those places no matter what. It's extremely frustrating since if I don't stop crashing I can't continue my quests :(. I run 4GB RAM, Win 7, with a fully updated Nvidia Galaxy 650 card
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Awesome, thanks. I've only crashed once, so not sure if mine was the same as everyone else's.

And would you be able to tell us what the results of that crash was, as in a client crash with a bug ticket report, or a hard crash like a DXDiag/driver crash? Thanks!

The crash I'm referring to was a regular CrypticError that would occur most often in densely populated areas like PE.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    laserduck wrote: »
    The crash I'm referring to was a regular CrypticError that would occur most often in densely populated areas like PE.

Thank you very much! :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    asus geforce 570s
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    Try running a system stability tester.

I don't know how savvy you are with gaming rigs but SLI is not always stable/supported. I see you turned off SLI but make sure you still have enough juice to power 2 570s.

where do you get a stability tester from?
    ive got 1000w to run the two 570s.

i did the stability tester and i came back all clean!
    Ive still getting crashes after reinstall neverwinter twice now.
  • Options
    megamousegwmegamousegw Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Keep crashing myself every few minutes. Not sure what is wrong but this is frustrating.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Keep crashing myself every few minutes. Not sure what is wrong but this is frustrating.

megamouse, can you tell me what the ET number in the CrypticError window is?

Rob
  • Options
    elfayeelfaye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Me, too as well. crashing when I attempt to enter Protector's Enclave. Prr
  • Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I just came back after 4 days off in the hospital as my fiance was having a baby (yay!!) and just knew that during those 4 days (in addition to the time since the August 22nd update) you would have the crashing fixed. Nope. Very disappointed. I am not even level 60 yet on any character and have personally already spent over $200 on this game- please fix this ASAP or I'm sure a lot of GOOD customers like me will have no choice but to leave. You have too many competitors for this to go on this long, guys.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you guys are going to post "I am still crashing" in this thread, please post an ET number. It will go a long way to helping us figure out what you're running into. We did, in fact, fix a high volume crash, as I explained earlier, but there are lots of reasons people could be having difficulties.

Rob
  • Options
    janntjannt Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is no ET number that I see when it would happen to me earlier today. It's just every few minutes 'No response from server' and then about a 30 second timer before being kicked to the log-in screen.

Of course, I haven't been logged in for a few hours now either, so . . .

Fairy Tail . . . it's an addiction.
  • Options
    theenigma87theenigma87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got ET number 14189862, but I've been getting different descriptions of the crash, it all seems to be related to Direct 3D Driver or D3D11. This problem has been ongoing and I haven't had ANY problem on any other game I play. I was really enjoying this game, but at the moment it is completely unplayable, and after seeing that multiple patches have yet to fix it even though it was working perfectly before Feywind, I will be quitting until it is fixed.
  • Options
    aithrilaithril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those who are crashing, can you try running the game in Windowed Maximized (if you aren't already)? I was already running in that mode, and I was not locking. My husband changed to it, and he isn't locking any more either.
  • Options
    viojay85viojay85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, I'm in this too. Since yesterday afternoon. I have checked my connection and its not me 23ms ping with 0 packet loss. There must be a server issue. Bloody shame I actually have time to play too
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it fixed yet?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    jannt wrote: »
    There is no ET number that I see when it would happen to me earlier today. It's just every few minutes 'No response from server' and then about a 30 second timer before being kicked to the log-in screen.

Of course, I haven't been logged in for a few hours now either, so . . .

Fairy Tail . . . it's an addiction.

Ok, this is going to be a whole different ball of wax. You should start a new thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Got ET number 14189862, but I've been getting different descriptions of the crash, it all seems to be related to Direct 3D Driver or D3D11. This problem has been ongoing and I haven't had ANY problem on any other game I play. I was really enjoying this game, but at the moment it is completely unplayable, and after seeing that multiple patches have yet to fix it even though it was working perfectly before Feywind, I will be quitting until it is fixed.

We'll investigate this one.
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My problem with crashes was removed (repaired) by updating nvidia geforce experience. After update no crashes and a lot less graphical glitches in game.So my advice to any who play on nvidia graphic card try that, maybe i just got lucky or something....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    hetz000 wrote: »
    My problem with crashes was removed (repaired) by updating nvidia geforce experience. After update no crashes and a lot less graphical glitches in game.So my advice to any who play on nvidia graphic card try that, maybe i just got lucky or something....

Just to help the community, did you also update your drivers or just the info files for GeForce Experience (ie: profiles)? And which version of the NVIDIA driver are you using?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just to help the community, did you also update your drivers or just the info files for GeForce Experience (ie: profiles)? And which version of the NVIDIA driver are you using?

Drivers i use are latest beta 326.80,and no i didnt update them,just experiance.I update the whole software to 1.6.1.0 not just profiles. If update doesent help try reinstall.
  • Options
    mordecai5mordecai5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I updated the drivers but the game still gives me an error code at login about device removed and kernel mode 311.06 being repaired. Still doesn't work though. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.