test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing every few minutes

Comments

• Options
    hoattkk23hoattkk23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having same problem, never once got disconnected or crash until recent feywild patch. Now i can't even do arena,gg, or any event. Hopefully a fix to this issue come soon. Thanks
  • Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Update: 6 crashes today, bringing my total to above 30 crashes total since Feywild launched. I've been at absolute minimum settings for everything since the first crash (as someone advised that), I have done all troubleshooting steps short of deleting and re-downloading the game.

Cryptic/whoever: I absolutely LOVE this game and have put well over $100 into it in the short few weeks I've been playing it. But since the Feywild update the game is nearly unplayable. I'm leveling my first character and have to skip the dungeons and skirmishes as I 100% crash if I enter one, and crash again within 1 minute of logging back on, leaving the group short a member (and usually more as this is a very widespread issue).

Please get on this ASAP, you are going to lose a lot of people who would otherwise be devoted customers. :)
  • Options
    mlew0032mlew0032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have tried safe mode, reinstalling DirectX and GPU drivers but it still keeps happening. At first it happens alot in in Protector's Enclave so I figured that might of been the cause so I went on to the Feywilds but after twenty minutes there I crashed again but got back on and figured it was just me but crashed again ten minutes later. Afterwards I thought it could be a heating issue so I let my computer cool and set my GPU fans to maximum speed before I got back on. Thirty minutes or so into my game I crashed.... again! So I switched out my 2x GTX 570 SLI setup with a GTX Titan and attempted to play using that. After letting it cool down I ran the game in another attempt but I didn't do any better and crashed around twenty minutes into my game so I uninstalled my game and downloaded everything all over again. I then ran a diagnostic on a my DirectX and reinstalled the driver for the my GTX Titan and ran the game again but crashed around ten minutes or so while still in the Feywild zone so I relogged and ran to Icespire until I can figure something out while still having it run in safe mode but while I took a shower the game crashed again even there so I checked my temperatures and the overall temp. inside the case was 22 degrees celsius with GPU at 26 degrees celsius at the time of the crash so it's not a heating issue. At this point I ran out of ideas and know it's not on my end so I'll just post the rest of the info.

Specs:
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case
    Intel Core i7 990x (overclocked to 4.14 Ghz)
    16 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence ram
    MSI Big Bang XPower II Motherboard (x64 chipset)
    Asetek Liquid Cooling 480mm with Triple Fans
    2x GTX 570 SLI with a GTX Titan as a swap
    5x240GB Corsair Force 3 Series SSD (RAID 3 setup)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    1475w Thermaltake Toughpower XT Gold power supply

Also each time it crashed it got this message:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE REMOVED) while creating index buffer.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

EDIT: For now I'm just going to play another game until this issue is fixed.
    Server : Mindflayer

Characters:
    Ellamae - Level 60 CW (12.1k T2 Geared)
    Norros - Level 60 TR (12.1k T2 Geared)
    Keira - Level 60 GF (13.2k T2 Geared)
    Mialee - Level 60 DC (12.2k T2 Geared)
    Thoradin - Level 60 GWF (12.8k T2 Geared)
  • Options
    elvynbladeelvynblade Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same with me, I enter the game, choose the Looking for Group option and BAM! outta the game. It's unplayable since the Feywild patch. If this continues, I quit...tired of beta testing a "free game" that costs so much to play (Zen to do anything meaningful). I have better things to do.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just being an ignorant interested observer here, but it seems like it has the most problems with GTX cards and gets upset with AMD cards if it's been overtaxed....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I rebooted my laptop and was able to play for a while without incident, almost an hour before i had to log. I'll play more in the morning and report back if I have any issues.
  • Options
    darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had the blue screen of death this is not normal
  • Options
    scurvydawwgscurvydawwg Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    Been having the same problem last 2 nights. Only happens to me in dungeons and skirmishes. i am not the only one most the party is getting it. This is not worth playing at the moment. horrid game play like this. Will probably give them 1 more day to fix and then I am off to find something else to play. 1 good thing about free to play, its easy to leave. Maybe next time try testing before putting a expansion live
  • Options
    alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So since the new patch I crashed only once before they took the server down...once its back up Im crashing every few minutes anyone else got this problem?

Update: I have verified everything to and it still crashes on me

^ This ^

Crashes straight to desktop after a few minutes no matter what I'm doing. It then leaves my monitor stuck in the graphics setting of the game which means I have to restart. Then a few minutes to verify before I can play again.
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • Options
    cmoikdcmoikd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mlew0032 wrote: »

Also each time it crashed it got this message:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE REMOVED) while creating index buffer.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

EDIT: For now I'm just going to play another game until this issue is fixed.

Same message for me :'(

Specs:
    Intel Core i5 2500k
    GTX 570
    8 Go RAM
  • Options
    yomaleinyomalein Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since Patch i get every 10 Min - 1 Hour:

"Oops ur Cryptic.... "

Before the Patch not a single Time.
  • Options
    ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That patch fixed it and I wasnt crashing yesterday however today....Ive crashed 2 or 3 times now..for no reason in protectors enclave
  • Options
    mcflipmcflip Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2013
    I still cannot even run the game. I crash at the Cryptic screen right after the loading bar appears.
    I'd be happy if I could even log in for a minute to do Professions at least.
    EDIT: Forgot about the Gateway -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <Heroes of the Fallen Lands>
    B][url=http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?450191-Dragon-FATE-(International)-(Social-PvP-PvE)]Recruitment Topic[/url][/B
    Social, PvE and PvP Guild on Dragon Shard!
  • Options
    shareenahshareenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never had a problem before Fury of Feywild--crashed Cryptic error in Sherandar 3 times tried other characters and could play but graphics in buildings and tunnels etc were extremely glitchy hope they fix soon as unplayable like this.:(
  • Options
    bishop1123bishop1123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 Crashes yesterday in Enclave, but still no crashes in dungeons. Probably some textures bug in Enclave or so?
  • Options
    treminiontreminion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    still crashing. When are you going to fix this?
  • Options
    paldamarpaldamar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Currently unplayable for me. Had 3 crashes with about 5 minute gaps in Lair of the Mad Dragon before giving up.
    I5
    Windows 8 64 bit
    AMD Radeon HD 7500M
  • Options
    maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crash seems to be related to DX11 rendering. Try setting your client to use DX9 instead in your video settings. The game doesn't look as pretty but it may not crash as frequently. I am trying this myself...

After crashing, definitely reboot...
  • Options
    paldamarpaldamar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maderia wrote: »
    Crash seems to be related to DX11 rendering. Try setting your client to use DX9 instead in your video settings. The game doesn't look as pretty but it may not crash as frequently. I am trying this myself...

After crashing, definitely reboot...
    Tried DX11 and DX9, still crashing :(
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Infrequently, game crashes to desktop in Protector's Enclave.
    Lately, sometimes game will crash to desktop when my control wizard uses shield on a large mob.
    Yesterday and today, game crashed several times (but not every time), at the exact moment when I hit a large mob with my magic shield.

I have core i3, GTX 580, 4GB ram, win 7 64-bit. running in default dx9 mode.
    Star Trek online (dx9) runs fine on my PC.
    Before the current patch, Neverwinter would rarely crash (only after many hours of gameplay).
  • Options
    dexto89dexto89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pFyv61O.jpg

That's what i get once in a while.
    It started after the Feywild update, never had any crashes before.

Upon restarting the client, it will ask me to verify/checksum the files, but it will eventually still crash after some time.
  • Options
    schoolsnsessionschoolsnsession Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ive had the same problems with disconnects. Everytime I get into a dungeon like normal mad dragon, at the same places i get disconnected. I was on my LvL 60 GWF last night and tried to complete a dungeon and got the same disconnect problem. I never got disconnected before yesterday so I dont know what is going on. A lot of members in my guild are having the same issue, so pretty sure its game wide..PLS FIX!
  • Options
    escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For me crushes occured not only in Enclave but several times during Skirmishes (Aberrant Assault and Hunt both) or in Sharandar.
  • Options
    basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    crash all the time most in protectors enclave.. before patch i used to crash after a dungeon after opening the chest but now im crashing all the time...

have reinstalled Graphics and completly removed old software. nothing helps.

have also notice a lot of graphic gliches and slow graphic load on items in inventory and bank and my characterstats:-)

anyone else notice that or do i have a problem with my Card?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Considering the other graphical problems from the "Graphics Bugs" thread and the fact that this also seems to be related to graphics (I crash when I have too much stuff to render at once e.g. too many characters near Auction House), maybe the only solution is to change graphics back to the way they were pre-patch if that's possible....

Edit note: Yes, graphics also load slowly for me, and at every single loading screen it constantly has the "Material files reloaded" ribbon popping up whereas it only had to do that pre-patch if I were fiddling with graphics settings myself. I think something in the graphics updates has gone wrong. I haven't seen the kinds of graphics glitches from the other thread yet, but I've been working on testing those areas with my GF to see if I can repeat the problems other people have had.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    theloonytoontheloonytoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok after spending time reading thru 11 pages ... of people complaints and report of crashes, you dont even need mine... What are you guys doing? Do you guys not want people to enjoy and play your game? Its a recent and new game, yes but Come on, with all these bugs and problems is just a turn off and going to push your customers and gamers away...Fire the guy who is supposed to be responsible for this sort of job and hire a better one with all the **** money you guys are making off of the way you guys made the game lol. Anyways, hopefully good luck to you guys getting a repair or something done soon...I rarely crash but there has been alot of bugs and I dont get mad over it, but tell that to the people that I play with that has been supporting you guys for so long... jeeze, just hurry up and resolve this, good luck.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're working on this and hope to have a hotfix soon. Please feel free to post here with as much detail as possible (system info, where you're seeing the crashes, etc.) and we'll investigate further.

Thank you!

I have never crashed in the game client until today, after the module 1 Feywild update. Cryptic obviously introduced new bugs into the client with this build. I was in PE with the AH, inventory, character panel open while enchanting an item. Then crash, instantly after slotting the enchantment. This was to enchant a level 60 item I found from a drop after the Feywild update.

System specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    EVGA E758-A1 motherboard
    Chipset drivers installed by Intel installer version 1.1.43.0
    Intel Core i7 920 CPU
    12GB RAM (DDR3-1600 triple channel)
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX 680 video card
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX 210 (2nd & 3rd monitors)
    314.07 version drivers from NVIDIA
    DX11 mode
    2560x1600 gaming resolution
    Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G [C-Media CMI8788 Oxygen HD] sound card (main game sound)
    Version 5.12.0001.0008 drivers for Auzentech sound
    Realtek ALC 889 HD sound chip on-board (for VoIP)
    Version 6.00.0001.6449 drivers for Realtek sound
    Client installed on a RAID 0 of three OCZ Vertex 2 SSDs (each firmware version 1.35)

Full 64-bit DXDiag Report: http://pastebin.com/hPxGLnJj
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    zeo39zeo39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have had issues also. For two days i can not log on to any character that is in PE. It crashes trying to load PE. 4 characters of mine show they are in PE and cant log a single one. One character is in Pirates skyhold and i can log that one just fine. No crashing. I just made a new character and finished the opening tut. finished the bridge quest with wilfred and the quest took me to PE and crashed at loading.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Crashed a fourth time for me today. This time I was walking into the auction house from the back so I wouldn't have to walk past the mail courier. Lagged for half a second then crashed to desktop. It's something about the high-traffic areas, which have always lagged to varying degrees but never crashed before. I feel like it's related to the graphics weirdness -- maybe it's too much for the client to handle? I know it's not my computer because the game was fine before and it's hitting literally everyone else in Protector's Enclave -- the zone is full of people asking about it.
This discussion has been closed.