What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing every few minutes

Comments

• Options
    rillogrillog Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have arc installed and i did have neverwinter, but after the feywild update i kept getting no response from the server and eventually disconnected i thought reinstalling the game might help now i have arc installed but i get no response from the install button for neverwinter i haven't been able to install or play for 2 days now feels like a week
  • Options
    gyelixgyelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So since the new patch I crashed only once before they took the server down...once its back up Im crashing every few minutes anyone else got this problem?

Update: I have verified everything to and it still crashes on me

sounds about right... rebooted, checked the files several times checked to make sure my drivers were up to date....very frustrating (an to my group) when i cant even get thru the first boss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Yup. Still crashing. ONLY happens in Protector's Enclave. Everywhere else has been fine. Happening on two separate systems. Again, never crashed before "patch", and game looked and performed better IMO.

Both systems are running latest Nvidia 320.49 drivers. Both systems running Win7 x64 Home Premium. I won't bother posting additional specs because I can see from these forums this is happening to both Intel and AMD systems as well as both Nvidia and ATI video cards.
  • Options
    treminiontreminion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When the fn are you going to fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    eytanxeytanx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also crashing or rather just quits - game closes. A couple of times it hung up on a button click, but that was 1% of the quits. Have had to verify files each time before I could restart the game. And yes, seems to only happen in PE. At least doesn't crash during a quest (so far - fingers crossed). Actually have had to reboot a couple of times even to restart the game. However this has no effect on the crashing.

Have also looked at the processes running and found two gameclients.exe one of them is even titled gameclient.exe.deleteme - so I do. Not sure if that has anything to do with NW or not.

This is real annoying! Thanks for checking into it devs!

This may be unrelated , but starting today, when I am in a 'dungeon' (in a map other than the mains) graphics misbehave. Solid squares of color have to walk closer to have them resolve into images. Like I said maybe unrelated.
  • Options
    rolo4rolo4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It doesn't matter where I am, I get crashes. There's a fix (or mostly a fix) on preview soon.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    changed setting to 9e, ruynning smoother and no vanishing walls in instances.

strip across bottom of screen now says - material files reloaded, as opposed to yesterday where it was reloading
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see the Out of Memory Error posted here. I'm not experiencing that at all - just a crash to the desktop and a reference to DX9 or DX11 and a rendering error depending on which is running. The system then prompts for an error report.I have seen this on Win 7 machines, Win 8 machines and with the AMD or Nvidia Chipset although the Nividia machine seems to crash less frequently. All machines had zero issues pre-module.

It doesn't seem to be tied to a specific area. I have tweaked settings down, turned off AA, etc. etc. Run in safe mode, tried running in win 7 Compat. Mode, Run as Admin, Force verify files

Single cards on all my machines, no SLI or Crossfire. There is a reference to Direct X whenever the game crashes regardless of settings. Initially I was seeing this in Protector's Enclave but I have had frequent crashes in Faewild too. It doesn't seem to matter where; instanced or otherwise.
  • Options
    snakeman81snakeman81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The crashes have been bad the past couple of days, but tonight is terrible. I cant do anything at all with my rogue in the Tower District. If I log in to it I crash within 10 seconds, twice I crashed as soon as the screen loaded.
  • Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    It got better most of the day today, but tonight it came back with a vengeance. Crashed 5 times in the past hour, all while in a skirmish. Bringing my total up to 41 crashes since the Feywild update.

33 hours with no update on this- please let us know that you at least have some idea what is causing it? Against my better judgement I am continuing to POUR money into this game while it's barely working. Let us know, thanks.
  • Options
    norunoru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For me, the crashes almost always has weird missing textures before that, like missing floor, randomly reappearing as I move the camera, like it can't load the textures for every area. If it happens in non-dungeon place, I just relog, if in dungeon, I can only press forward, hoping to finish before crash.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Also experiencing many crashes. 90% of the time it is when i open the new feywild campaign window and poof :c.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    nearly 10 crashes in just one day after the new module. Happens anywhere, Protector enclave, random foundry, PvP session. My graphical settings are as low as possible. Before the module, using higher settings was creating lag, but not crash after crash after crash.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    aithrilaithril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those that are crashing, are you launching via ARC?

My husband is crashing and I am not, but I installed the game before ARC, and he installed it after. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but maybe?
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't use ARC and I just crashed doing pvp 20 vs 20. I crashed again, for a third time. This is how events ommit me. I can't do pvp anymore, dungeons, nothing - only normal quests and with big lags. :/
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not launching via ARC -- I installed the game before that. I crashed three times on the 23rd (didn't play much on the 22nd because of server downtime) and once yesterday, always in Protector's Enclave near the Auction House. No problems with the game before the Feywild patch. There's also been much longer loading times since the patch for me, and a constant "Material files reloaded" ribbon when at loading screens whereas before it only gave me that ribbon if I adjusted graphics myself. I've set it to use Auto for the video settings so I'll see if that helps.

Edit note: Loading into Protector's Enclave was much faster just now after switching to Auto, no noticeable decline in graphics quality.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    xnghtmrxxnghtmrx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey all ! I was playing GG PvP Heading First. I was doing GG for the Neverembers Daily. Then my game crashed and i lost my first place prize and my dailies. And the game keeps crashing every 30 mins...
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    derfretlawderfretlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I seem to crash every time i am in a dungeon or skirmish and i come up to a boss or a lot of enemies at once.

When the game crashes, i get a dialog box telling me there was a crash and asking me to report what i was doing at the time of crash.

Win 7 64bit
    8GB ddr3
    Intel core 15-2450m
    Nvidia Geforce Gt540M
    Intel SSD 330 series 180 GB
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2013
    Problem seems to have been reduced by changing to DirectX11, using MSAAx16. Haven't been able to test fully after that change though, the crashes don't happen at predictable points.
    I did notice my used memory slowly going up btw (using /showmem).

I have seen 2 types of crashes. One where I just crash to desktop, and no message is displayed, and one where I get a Direct3D error about the device being lost. So not the exact problem the known issue list is referring to.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, running with Arc or without does not seem to make any difference.

The abbreviated system specs are:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/24/12 09:45:15 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM
    Page File: 6769MB used, 25958MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

And video:
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 670
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1189&SUBSYS_35421458&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4038 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: SyncMaster
    Monitor Id: SAM037C
    Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.2049 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.2049
    DDI Version: 11
    Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/21/2013 14:06:36, 15144928 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:

Full dxdiag can be found here:
    http://pastebin.com/bDLsRXWg
  • Options
    shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maderia wrote: »
    Crash seems to be related to DX11 rendering. Try setting your client to use DX9 instead in your video settings. The game doesn't look as pretty but it may not crash as frequently. I am trying this myself...

After crashing, definitely reboot...

I've always been using DX9. Still experiencing frequent crashes in protector's enclave.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Noticing it too, when I can do anything at all that is. Most of the time it is hit key wait a minute action might or might not happen... been like that since 22 Aug patch. Also noticing gateway doing the same thing since then.

I have run a tracert from here, thinking it my ISP at first, I get out of the country (Philippines) perfectly fine and quick (<32 ms). However, when I get to a server in Fremont, CA I get 10-15% packet loss with 1500 bit packets on ping, and average jumps to >400 ms per ping.

To Gateway.playneverwinter.com it is 100% packet loss on 1500 bit ping. Even a normal ping there is about 25%.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    okay, this is getting old fast. It doesn't happen every 3 minutes now, but it happens often enough that I can't get involved in anything.
  • Options
    palefacedpalefaced Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just ran a Helm's Hold skirmish twice for the daily AD credit. What i noticed was that the crash happened EXACTLY at the same timing and interval during both my runs, when many imps appeared and rushed towards the party.

Crashed at 3 specific points. First is before the gate, the gigantic devil appears and shortly followed by imps. Second is after activating the shields of the undead paladins, up the central staircase when again, massive imps appear. Lastly, just shortly after engaging the final boss.

During the 2nd run, i tried to stay away and observe from a distance. No dice, i still crashed anyway.

Most painful skirmish i ran for a measly 1000 AD ><
  • Options
    teiserteiser Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just lose my chest on FH , before last boss die not much health the game crashed and i log in again i could not open the chest, after 45 min run no loot for me .
    Please fix this.
  • Options
    marisomariso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's worse now then before this new patch. Happens every 3 minutes and now I can't do anything...
  • Options
    ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cant even get into the game -.-
  • Options
    builderxbuilderx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited August 2013
    Crash to desktop every few mins - foundry full of bugs and no Fury of the Feywild pack, seams like a good job to me!
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The patch did not fix it. I lasted 3 minutes on first login after patch
  • Options
    marisomariso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    grefina wrote: »
    The patch did not fix it. I lasted 3 minutes on first login after patch

This is the same thing that is happening to me.
This discussion has been closed.