Comments

• m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Where is this information from?
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    /crucified

FFccckkkk that. Thats the most ridiculous Nerf for the Rogues. Time to part ways my friends.

Good Luck everyone.

Not gonna try anymore games from Cryptic/PWE.

xSeduction
    -Vendetta-
    Dragon Server
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • verdpweverdpwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WOW, this is "Bovine Scattateris" Cryptic, are you TRYING to get people to walk?
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    verdpwe wrote: »
    WOW, this is "Bovine Scattateris" Cryptic, are you TRYING to get people to walk?

I think they're trying to appease the people who give them the most hard cash. I bet if all the TR's were pay to win, they would nerf GWFs.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    m1nuend wrote: »
    Where is this information from?

It is in the patch notes for NeverwinterPreview shard
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    verdpwe wrote: »

I think they are trying to get players to come back to the game that hated the bugged perma stealth rogue class. This is huge improvement for the game and I am sooo sooo happy. Great move cryptic this game can only get better now.
  • verdpweverdpwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they're trying to appease the people who give them the most hard cash. I bet if all the TR's were pay to win, they would nerf GWFs.

I GIVE THEM CASH.... on 2 accounts! I mean how much more are you going to kill these classes... so they nerf TR, they introduce a WAAAYY op'd healer companion, they pick up some hellacious lag in their server... AND!!! They leash all these bosses which now REQUIRE you to be able to BURN them fast... BUT, now you will be less able to, due to PvP tear bags.....

Have any of you run Karr lately?? What a joke!! That was a nice, doable, but challenging dungeon before... NOW you HAVE to push the rules of exploitation to come close to doing it....

"well, lets see, they lead the boss away to kill it and then kill its adds. We will make the boss not move so they have to kill it WITH the adds, but there will be SO many of them, that they can not do it without testing the limits of using exploits..."

what a crappy thought process that was.... but that was what they MUST have said at Cryptic...
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they are trying to get players to come back to the game that hated the bugged perma stealth rogue class. This is huge improvement for the game and I am sooo sooo happy. Great move cryptic this game can only get better now.
    one that stay and is happy..hundreds that will go away to play something else
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's just too many nerfs across the board. I don't even play TR and I can see the harm this can cause to both PVE and PVP environments. It's really a big "Why" more than anything else. Buff CW in PVP, nerf tanks a bit and were fine.

Messing with TR as it is is just WTF.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    one that stay and is happy..hundreds that will go away to play something else

One? are you kidding 1,000's will stay now. first thing I did was tell everyone in guild chat the great news and show them the changes rogues included. This just makes a lot of players happy even some that play rogues. If anything this will bring some players back into the mix and pvp since the broken class is getting fixed.
  • ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ^ just lol'd so hard, none of your rogue friends were happy that their at wills will tick down their stealth and they got a hard nerf to yet another daily. the throwing daggers i can see but really wtf, no fix to 3hiting GWF or perma stunlock to death GF?

hes got to be just a trollolollolool
    edited July 2013
    This game does NOT revolve around PvP. Stop making it that way. If it continues down that road I will leave along with others as my PvE fun is getting screwed over.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One? are you kidding 1,000's will stay now. first thing I did was tell everyone in guild chat the great news and show them the changes rogues included. This just makes a lot of players happy even some that play rogues. If anything this will bring some players back into the mix and pvp since the broken class is getting fixed.

You could also say thousands will go. You can say whatever you want, it doesn't mean anything. Presenting an opinion as a fact doesn't make it a fact.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I'm shocked a guild will even have you unless it's filled with a bunch of other kids that were dropped on their head too.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't stand it when devs wreck PvE for PvP. One of the many reasons I don't PvP.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    This is what happens when the devs are too lazy to have separate effects for pvp and pve. We have seen this in countless other mmos, where a skill which is fun in pve gets nerfed into the ground because it is imba in pvp.

Lurker's Assault and Shocking Execution were fine in pve, where you have monsters with huge amounts of life. Now both skills have become useless, as well as all Stealth feats from the Rogue tree.
    edited July 2013
    I don't PvP either. Never have in any MMO. So my 2 TRs are going to be screwed in PvE now
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A minority moans the majority suffers. Not this nonsense again Cryptic daft moves like these are what has Champions at deaths door and now your doing the same to Neverwinter. Normal people learn from their mistakes try hiring some.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    How hard can it be to set 2 different flags for skills.

If target X is Player: Use Effect 1
    If target X is NPC: Use Effect 2

Blammo, fixed. Everyone is happy.

Pvp in this game is just a stacked on as afterthought, so quit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up pve skills because of it. Most players only pvp for some of the armor parts, which you can grind out in a few days. If I wanted to play pvp then I would play Swtor or GW2. You know, something with conquests, ranks&ladders and several tiers of pvp armor.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The TR's damage is insulting, and should be nerfed, like the stealth. But this seems too much, I think the daily should not be touched
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How hard can it be to set 2 different flags for skills.

If target X is Player: Use Effect 1
    If target X is NPC: Use Effect 2

Blammo, fixed. Everyone is happy.

EQ2 had a system similar to this.
  • ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eq2 also cowtowed to the cries of PVPers to kill skills usefull in PVE
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    EQ2 had a system similar to this.

But good Sir thats good logic and good logic is something thats far too complicated for Cryptic these days.
  • arcyziomal1arcyziomal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The longer i play this game the better i see, that developers dont have any idea what they are doing and how they lead game into nothing. One simple rule "U CANNOT BALANCE PVE AND PVP TOGETHER". Its just that simple, devs just spend less time on making less "Cash grabs" and more on thinking how game works and how it should work. If u throw off ur lazynes and greed this could be wonderfoul game. And gg for that whiner gf abomination i hope when u go Sp/Cn (if u ever was there...) with Tr after nerf u will have ur most boring 40-50 min on these final bosses with Tr doing no dmg at all. GG Cryptic.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    These changes are just generally stupid.

Lurkers assault I can see it max being 20% damage bonus.
    Cloud of Steel. not needed
    Duelists Flurry was fine.
    The at will powers draining stealth, is stupid.

This is all ridiculous. These changes really have ruined most of rogue's utilities now.
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    He had me at RIP in peace. LOL
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Preface: Can I get a free class change token?

This is ridiculous!

15% bonus crit severity vs 60% bonus damage is a minimum of 25%+ bonus damage reduction which is absurd. At minimum 25%, that is without factoring in each individual's probability to crit. How is this change useful if not useless?

Edit: yes, the 15% crit severity can be a positive for high crit builds, but, why would a high crit build use Lurker's Assault as there main daily if they have to dodge red spot (PvE)! Lurker's assault is most useful from a distance because it allow the player to use the near maximum potential.

Furthermore, At-wills will deplete stealth, since I don't have the number's I can't do the math yet, so this is an unknown. However, simply the idea of reducing the stealth meter is a reduction in being survivable.

The cloud steal reduction from 12 to 8 is at minimum a 66.6% damage reduction that is without counting feat's such as mocking Knave etc.

Thanks for ruining my AP gain PvP/PvE build if this goes live.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And oooh man. TR is going to have HELL in everything PVP and PVE at level 59 and below.

Oh good god this is such a horribly planned out balancing.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    Meanwhile, they leave the ridiculously overpowered Sentinel GWFs and GFs in tact simply because all the whiners ignore those broken classes/builds and focus on Rogue QQ instead. Greater Tenebrous stacking is still taking 1/3 to 1/2 of people's health bars with just 1 proc every 20 seconds. CWs are still able to stunlock everyone and spam Ice Knife for 40k+ at a ridiculous range. But no, let's nerf Rogues to the ground again because the forums say we should.

While i would have prefered that the above changes got corrected first(minus the cw's), let us not kid ourself and say that these changes wasnt needed for rogues... Btw pray tell me how CW's stunlock everyone on the field, when everyone and their mother have cc immunities? Same goes with spamming our ice knife, which obv. isnt gonna happens since the only way CW'S can do that is in Pve situations where there is high a mob density, and yeah a 5 vs. 5 team doesnt really qualify for that...
  • kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    These type of nerfs were made 10 years ago, advancements in development have allowed for simple dual skill effects (aka pve and pvp) but the same mistake is made again in this time. It is definitely a pvp nerf that has greatly afflicted pve, since TR's weren't necessarily dominating pve since their only role was to bring single target damage (which makes leveling easier because the sooner you take one down the less damage you will take). This ability was highlighted by the daily skill which is getting nerfed to the ground because it focuses burst damage onto a target (it's not like TRs will gain uber aoe ability with this skill). 15% critical severity is not nearly enough of a compensation for 60% damage because where most people have 50% crit rate, it would factor to a 7.5% damage boost for 10 seconds.... where you would be better off using other dailies.

But here's the problem.... rogues do not regenerate action points as fast as other classes that have many AoEs at their disposal so it is out of the question to constantly use a damaging daily. What is the point of a class that offers little utility for trash clears and now has no role in being lethal to a boss? Why would anyone take a TR over say another CW or GWF now?

That being said, many publishers have learned that nerfing is the easy route, but it destroys the playability (which includes being wanted in a party) of a character. Even worse, balancing pvp and pve with a single revamp because a rogue is doing lethal damage from the shadows and turning it into a "balanced" pvper but a crippled dungeoneer destroys the game for those who do play TR and are not interested in T-bagging a corpse every day.

The lethality is gone, the competent dungeoneer is gone, the ability to abuse stealth in pvp is still there...
This discussion has been closed.