test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonborn Pack available on the zen store for 7500.

ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Are you guys seriously going to screw over the actual people who paid real money for it ? people bought it because there were no other means of acquiring it via ZAX, and now people can buy it fir 3,750,000 Astral Diamonds if they wanted it ? what's going on ?
Post edited by ramenspade on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep I was thinking that people who used real money wouldn't be too happy , especially considering after last weeks issue many who didn't get caught will now get it basically for free .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm way more bothered by this than the fact that it apparently still costs 75$. I HAD the zen available to buy it. I never would've paid real money for it if I'd known.
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Exactly!! wow, i wouldn't have bought it early either :(
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also, they stated that it was $75 on S A L E.. it was supposed to be $100.. and now, not only have they made it available for everyone to afford via ZAX, their promotion never ended. It's still 75000($75) in the end... Now im afraid to buy any new packs this game offers in the future >_>
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's 75 bucks just like the real money version, so what's the point? And it's missing the Bahamut gear, so the ARC-pack still has a minor exclusive.

Btw.: Is it a one-time use or can every character claim the artifact/fashion/30-slot bag?
  • dantesinferno76dantesinferno76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep! I hope my ZAX comes in really soon as I'd like to buy the pack now.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oddly enough I cannot see it in the zen store from Gateway
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is really a slap in the face for early purchasers as:

1) It would have been cheaper to buy ZEN and then get the pack.

2) We have just had the worst AD exploit in Neverwinter's history and those that did so will be able to take full advantage of this.

In fact it almost looks like Cryptic is trying to see just how much they can <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off paying customers....
  • ramenspaderamenspade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    It's 75 bucks just like the real money version, so what's the point? And it's missing the Bahamut gear, so the ARC-pack still has a minor exclusive.

Btw.: Is it a one-time use or can every character claim the artifact/fashion/30-slot bag?

Yes, account wide. And that's not the point im trying to make. My point is, some people actually paid because that was the only option we had to aquire the pack.. Had i known it would be available for a zen purchase, i would have just bought it with my AD using ZAX, meaning i wouldn't have had to actually buy it with real money.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ramenspade wrote: »
    Yes, account wide. And that's not the point im trying to make. My point is, some people actually paid because that was the only option we had to aquire the pack.. Had i known it would be available for a zen purchase, i would have just bought it with my AD using ZAX, meaning i wouldn't have had to actually buy it with real money.

I agree. The only reason I didn't buy the pack was their overall handling of the Astral Rifts exploit so I think I have to be thankful after all.

What might have happened is that the numbers from the real money package (understandably) came back underwhelming and now they are trying to generate some more revenue through the ZAX. Truth be told: It makes no difference to them. A ZEN is (about) a dollar. Even if you personally buy with ADs, the ZEN were purchased by somebody.
  • bnotoriousbnotorious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't...this....what....no way....I just...wow...Unbelievable!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Where is it? Can't see it myself. Either I'm blind or it doesn't show if I already have the dragonborn.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Where is it? Can't see it myself. Either I'm blind or it doesn't show if I already have the dragonborn.

Doesn't show if you already bought it. The HR and SW packs disappear from the zen store once you buy them, too.
  • bnotoriousbnotorious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to say this whole thing is just killing my excitement over Tyranny of Dragons all together
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It seems weird that it is 7500 zen though , it was visible in todays livestream when the developer went into the zen store and it showed there for 10000 zen so maybe the 7500 is temporary ?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Doesn't show if you already bought it. The HR and SW packs disappear from the zen store once you buy them, too.

Ugh, thanks for the info. Wish they let us know before then people wouldn't feel so cheated. Would've rather spent my AD. Probably technically cheaper that way too since you get bonus zen kind of defeating the point of the "sale" thing...
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You guys should feel good about supporting the game with $

Thank you for offering varied payment options Cryptic, very cool! :cool:
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, this is pretty irresponsible. I bought your pack for $75 before you changed it. Still supported you. What a slap to your paying customers.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I guess that explains why I couldn't view it, but yeah I agree with everyone else. To have this show up on the zen store now and continue at the "Sale" price is an affront to those of us that actually already bought it. If i knew that I could have bought it with Zen than I would not have bought it right away.
  • tolnortolnor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This was the first time i spent money on this game... the only reason being that the packs can only be brought with real money.

If they sell this in game... they are throwing away the ONLY way they had of getting money out of people like me.

I play for free and enjoy it. If i spent money on the game to "win" then there would be nothing left for me to do and I would quit, which defeats the point of spending the money if the first place!

I have been playing for just over a year now and when I saw the 30 slot bag for every char... I was interested. There is no way to get this pack in game and for me it is just a vanity item (extra space won't change the game for me.. just make it a little less time consuming with bag management.. real fun that!). Secondly, i've been playing for long enough to know that I will get my money worth out of it and not quit in a month so I treated myself.

I also wanted to play the dragonborn from launch.

If this is sold in game... why would I ever give cryptic my money in the future?

On a final note... everyone is still angry over the resent "AD fountains" and that people made a fortune worth of zen from them (causing trouble with the zax for everyone else). Considering they can now use that zen to save 75 bucks, this would not help moral amongst the consumers.. only worsen it.

Thinking both of the customers moral and the company's finances.. I can't understand this decision.
  • drizlaru82drizlaru82 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everyone that pre-purchased the pack should ask for an immediate refund, and purchase the pack with AD. If I can save myself $75 with a week or two's worth of selling in the AH, then by golly I'd rather go that route.

I think it's funny that if you bought the Hero of the North pack, it comes with about 60% of the AD to buy the Dragonborn pack. How cool is that. Then your going to have all those who see it in the Zen store and figure out, hey I'll just purchase AD from a seller and only pay $20! Not that I condone it, but it's going to happen.

Congratulations Cryptic, you made quite a mess.
  • tolnortolnor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I actually understood the idea of cash only packs!
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    drizlaru82 wrote: »
    Everyone that pre-purchased the pack should ask for an immediate refund, and purchase the pack with AD. If I can save myself $75 with a week or two's worth of selling in the AH, then by golly I'd rather go that route.

If everyone does that the ZAX backlog will shoot through the roof. But on the upside, maybe that will force Cryptic to fix the economy. But lets stay realistic...
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Love the game, but last time I spend real money for a **long** time.

This is an insult to those that bought the pack to support the game, pure and simple.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't mind that the Pack is available as a Zen store purchase.

I do, however, mind that it was immediately available and at the same price point that I paid cash for. Seriously, it just removed the added value (clearly stated purchase before this date at which the price will be 33% higher) with which it was sold to me at.

Is it illegal - no, of course not.

Is it the right thing to do, no, of course not.

This dev team continues to amaze me by making the wrong choice when it comes to their paying customers - time and time again.

Shame, shame, shame...
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The pack page no longer shows the original and discounted price but instead the "discounted" price has become the regular price now, and on Steam it is cheaper...
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    *Shrug*

As has already been mentioned, Cryptic / PwE don't really *care* what happens, as long as Zen gets sold. If you buy Zen, and trade on the ZaX, you're helping exploiters and helping Cryptic ( buying Zen ). If you buy Zen, and use that zen to buy the packs, you're helping yourself.

Stop putting Zen up on the ZaX. That's the only way to keep things 'exclusive' to people paying dollars for Zen. If you don't use the ZaX, they won't have the Zen.

No use getting all worked up over things.

Of course, if Cryptic just, you know, *pays out* zen through the back door, to lower the ZaX backlog, well. Then you can be upset.

Till then, buying zen, and selling it for AD is simply encouraging the exploiters.
  • drizlaru82drizlaru82 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    If everyone does that the ZAX backlog will shoot through the roof. But on the upside, maybe that will force Cryptic to fix the economy. But lets stay realistic...

Your right it would, and with the current decisions being made about the in game economy, I don't see it being fixed any time soon.

I still want my money back though, and I'll argue it.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I bought it and I cannot even create a Dragonborn character. The button that should take me to Class selection goes to the web page where I can pay €72 Euros for the Premium Race - AGAIN!

I want a full refund immediately. How do I go about this?

This game is collapsing like a badly run Ponzi scheme.

~
This discussion has been closed.