test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yet ANOTHER EXPLOIT! Are you even trying Cryptic?

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Never had exploits of this magnitude in any P2P game ive played :D..and ive played most of them

Duping exploits, if this is what this is, have always been common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duping_(gaming)

Heck, in Diablo 2, the most duped item, the SoJ, even became a required component to access end game content eventually, a few years later. WoW has had various duping exploits over the years, too. It's just pretty standard stuff.

And we don't even know if that is what happened here. It may just be the result of the chest issue that was fixed last week.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    There is already a thread about it, the one where you took the screenshot from.

.... This is why the game is in Open Beta

If the game is truly in OPEN BETA there is NO MONEY transaction, no ?
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is there a law that disallows money transactions or games not to be on an open beta state while having those? No, so you should stop using that against them.
  • Options
    daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akrylum wrote: »

Why? It's not like they're hiding the fact that it's OPEN BETA.... Surprise!
    They've been very clear about it... Yes, it IS open beta, and yes, you CAN spend money -- IF YOU CHOOSE TO.

You don't have to spend money you know. No one is forcing you to. If you consider that you shouldn't spend money on a Beta game... then DON'T F'ing DO IT.

For the love of all that is holy... Shut up about this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already. This horse is smelling BAD.
  • Options
    rivolf2rivolf2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    again rollback? if it occurs that I think percent 20 will cease to play this game
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Why not? I have paid in, and for, beta versions before. Beta just says something about where the game is in the development cycle. It has nothing to do with the business side of it. (Steam now has a whole section for Early Access games where you buy games that are in beta and alpha test.)

They always called in beta, look at the founder email you got. I knew exactly what I was paying for and I have no issues with the beta-typical peblems -- besides, it is normal for any new, and not so new, MMO, regardless of what it is called.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    f3ral0ne wrote: »
    Then you never played everquest or daoc. 7 hr roll backs? HAH that was childs play.

I did, but cant remember any rollbacks in any of them, atleast not in daoc. And in DaoC it was mostly character exploits, not items.
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Anyone who paid money for this game is a sucker. Your 2 million AD for spending $200 dollars is mostly worthless.

I know right :) there will always be easier ways to gain that AD, and there will be better items added in item shop. Its just fluff + early acces. And then they use the "i wanted to support them" card :D, like their not getting "supported" enough by the item shop, plus their a F2P company, not worth supporting.
    I paid for the collectors for SWToR..never again :P
  • Options
    f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    zefsgr wrote: »
    Is there a law that disallows money transactions or games not to be on an open beta state while having those? No, so you should stop using that against them.

Yeah people love to use that. Its about the only card they have to play as they stamp their feet like children. It was a FOUNDER pack (supporters). You payed money to SUPPORT the game. But some of these guys spent all of their allowance and now they cannot go buy Call of modern halo 3.9 xtreme DLC pack
  • Options
    ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    star-wars-fail.jpg
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is most likely from an old chest or repeat mission exploit that was patched. We will keep our eyes on it but if someone knows for sure about a new exploit please forward the details.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    nwobrock wrote: »
    I know coding a project the size of an MMO is difficult. I know that mistakes will get made. I am a forgiving person but it really seems like you simply don't have anyone in your studio that actually tests this software before you push it to the live servers...

So, if anyone is wondering here is a SS of the duping exploit:

http://imgur.com/a/bLHdo

Got another ineffective rollback coming, Cryptic?

Are you going to delete 7 more hours of legitimate players' work while people who have been exploiting/duping for weeks get to keep everything they were able to sock away before you finally opened your eyes and accepted what was going on?

It wasn't a duping exploit, when they don't rollback this is what happens with ecomony exploits..just like there are people with 400 million AD from catadary stuff that are letting the Zen price hit rock bottom and buying it all up.

This was from the instance reseting to farm chests (that was also going on since launch).

Just like there are people with thousands of gold on multiple toons that are trying to push gold as the currency from quest-sharing for currency. Unless it's all removed and the servers are reset you're not going to stop seeing these types of things pop up.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In order to help detect and properly report this sort of thing to PW, the filters in the AH really need to function properly. Filtering by quantity, current, and buyout pricing will help the players identify this type of thing within minutes of them hitting the economy. Please apply these filters across ALL PAGES for a particular item. DO NOT take the lazy route and just filter them page by page. That would be extremely annoying.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks. :)

Yep..how dare I want a forum community that actually has some semblance of civility! :p

How very constructive, now that you made your opinion known you have closure and can move on to better things yes?

Quit whining and complaining because someone has a different opinion than you.

/facepalm
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this community I really do.

"OMG hAxX0r Xpl0it!!! Cryptic U suck U ignore evvrything!!11111"
    Hey Everyone,

The Auction House has been taken offline temporarily to troubleshoot an issue. We'll let you know when it's back up!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

"OMGz0rz Cryptic us suc taking the AH downnnn FailllllZ0rz!!!!"

It's honestly like watching a bunch of Alzheimer's patients with Tourette syndrome.

:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

yea, unless I'm mistaking, this game a minimum of $60... that is a RELEASE. PERIOD. DEAL WITH IT.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yea, unless I'm mistaking, this game a minimum of $60... that is a RELEASE. PERIOD. DEAL WITH IT.

I can't understand why this is so hard for you people to understand. If cryptic tells everyone that it's BETA, then that means they are ANTICIPATING bugs, exploits, crashes, downtime, and patches. If you don't want to deal with such issues, then WAIT UNTIL OFFICIAL LAUNCH.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    I can't understand why this is so hard for you people to understand. If cryptic tells everyone that it's BETA, then that means they are ANTICIPATING bugs, exploits, crashes, downtime, and patches. If you don't want to deal with such issues, then WAIT UNTIL OFFICIAL LAUNCH.

Hey I have some awesome swamp front property in Arizona for sale, you interested?
  • Options
    postiga23postiga23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    wherever theres a AH or a NPC Trader, items can be duped. That will always happen, i know from my GM experience... Now PW has the job to detect them and to solve them without harm fair players. No need to drama.. this happen in all games even the ones that are not beta anymore. there'll be always people studying games to take advantage. And when u think staff dont care, they prob on the other side getting headaches to fix it.. been there.. done that. Good luck PW Staff.
  • Options
    postiga23postiga23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013

bottom line +1
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey I have some awesome swamp front property in Arizona for sale, you interested?

Why is it so hard to grasp? If cryptic anticipates a ton of issues, then shouldn't you as well? of course there are still going to be issues down the road, but obviously there are going to be more issues when the company that designed the game warns you ahead of time to expect issues. Hense the word BETA

if you want to come back after official launch and whine and complain about all the bugs, then fine.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ughh quoting "people" on my ignore list burns us precious.... Still you're quite right, despite all the ignorance and misunderstanding on the forums it was a very smart move. The ability to test the game in a real world environment,thus fixing major issues, making money to keep from taking out more loans from demanding venture capitalist, to fund development and obtaining said funding through the customers for future development now....I will not be surprised that this becomes the standard practise, I'm at least expecting this to become the big buzz at the next GDC.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    Wow Cryptic, I can't believe you let this happen.

Someone has enough enchants to make one rank 10 enchant.

Call the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cops. We're done here.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** it...i wanted to bid on an item that is expiring in about an hour...will these auctions get reversed? that really sucks...i was setting the clock for that auction...well...

my hope is, dont give out 3 day bans and that kind of crapp - especially since these exploiters already have 50 accounts made for this very reason...ban them for live, their children, the children of their children and even their pets...

cryptic, i have a new process for you to ensure quality before releasing material - its the 7p principle:

Proper Prior Preparation Prevents <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Poor Performance...

besides - who gives a **** about these runes when all the purple gear has only utility slots anyway?
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Am i the only one who thinks that those PWE fanboys are chinese farmers, exploiters and goldsellers, lol? Who didnt pay any cent but still have billions of AD :rolleyes: Because i cant understand how stupid the man should be and dont respect himself to agree to play with cheaters and exploiters, to waste time and money for something, that some ppl just got by using exploits.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Anyone who paid money for this game is a sucker. Your 2 million AD for spending $200 dollars is mostly worthless.

You read it here first people, anyone that pays money for a kickstarter program must also be a sucker.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thinks that those PWE fanboys are chinese farmers, exploiters and goldsellers, lol? Who didnt pay any cent but still have billions of AD :rolleyes: Because i cant understand how stupid the man should be and dont respect himself to agree to play with cheaters and exploiters, to waste time and money for something, that some ppl just got by using exploits.

All I know is anyone who is buying and spending Zen in this game right now is an outright fool.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    Alright, let us see for ourselves. Which server is this on?

There were still a few left when I looked right before the AH went down, it was Mindflayer.
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I know
    Now that i believe...
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Wow Cryptic, I can't believe you let this happen.

Someone has enough enchants to make one rank 10 enchant.

Call the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cops. We're done here.

This guy had thousands of enchants. Thousands.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »

So you'd rather waste my time, and consider yourself wise? If you are truly unhappy with the state of the game, there is no one forcing you to stay. My time is valuable to me, and I'd appreciate it if you kept your self important rhetoric where it does the most good, yourself. I came down on the lucky side of this debate, no wipe. This isn't surprising since Cryptic had said there wouldn't be before they made the shards available to play for the OB. Since you can provide no proof that the game's economy is borked beyond repair, all you're doing is what, exactly, crying to cry? No, that's not all you're doing. You're throwing out baseless accusations because you didn't get your way. I'd offer you a tissue, but they got used up in the last "wipe or I quit" thread.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.