test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eistander wrote: »
    Seems they corrected the main issue of Needing on non-class specific stuff (TR rolling on CW for example), but the pendulum kept going. I would rather see new Tiers become BtC and the previous top set become BoE, and rotate as new sets/tiers release. This would allow incentive for the new gear to be sought as well as incentive to run older stuff for profit (all greed agreement or w/e).

Sure, not perfect but it seems this would strike that balance.

My 2 cp

Meh, ninjaed by 2 minutes :(

I was going to post exactly this suggestion myself. Only thing I would add is that any NEEDED gear becomes permanently BtC and is unsellable (or perhaps 1 copper ;)), while and GREEDED gear is still BoE unless it is top tier when it is BtC anyway.
  • Options
    agghaggh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    magvrahl wrote: »
    Agree on everything the 1st post informs.
    Earn your gear!!! thats the way to go, because buying the gear from simply going to the AH..... kills the joy of playing with a real purpose! Thumbs up for it and hoping so see it live soon.

Getting lucky with the RNG means you earned it. Some of you people need your heads examined.
    JWXTcjS.png
  • Options
    sicktir3dsicktir3d Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bad idea. 10char
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    For those who still haven't noticed this thread is now out of date. The discussion can continue but do note that the changes that were mentioned within this thread are no longer occurring.

Updated information.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    They cannot NEED outside of their class. It is grayed out.

Someone already let me know that, but thanks for reminding me. I have not had a reason to go into in dungeons recently since I'm ready for the new content.
  • Options
    annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For those who still haven't noticed this thread is now out of date. The discussion can continue but do note that the changes that were mentioned within this thread are no longer occur.

Updated information.

Thank you!
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • Options
    zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the new system. Will make everyone work for their gear, less pay to win, and not just flop a few hundred bucks on the game and sell the zen for ad to buy the armor. I do however believe that people who lack the time to run things like castle never should have a shot at items. Maybe add the ancient stuff from castle never to the seal vendor at a large price?

WTB 10 or 20 man raids!
  • Options
    metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zarkaz123 wrote: »
    I like the new system. Will make everyone work for their gear, less pay to win, and not just flop a few hundred bucks on the game and sell the zen for ad to buy the armor. I do however believe that people who lack the time to run things like castle never should have a shot at items. Maybe add the ancient stuff from castle never to the seal vendor at a large price?

WTB 10 or 20 man raids!

What does it matter if they pay for their gear in a F2P game? I'm sorry, I guess me doing solo content in the foundry with my, theoretical, BIS gear must be upsetting you because I didn't work hard enough for it.

If you want to work for the gear, fine. If you want to buy the gear (which someone else had to complete a dungeon for anyways), fine. You want to impose limits on how I enjoy the game by either forcing me to do something I don't enjoy or keep me restricted to a lesser tier of gear.

People that make this argument just want to feel superior to everyone else for having BIS gear.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    WoW probly over 90% negative reaction. Great job cryptic keep up the sweet ideas
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh the necro class rears it's head again, good job Metlikulous
  • Options
    six3yszzsix3yszz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Soon, we'll be testing out some new ideas and concepts for Neverwinter's loot system. Anyone who is interested in trying these out and sharing their feedback is totally welcome to! These changes will be available for everyone to check out on the NeverwinterPreview shard some time in the near future.

Read on for the full details!

Many End-Game, Purple Loot Items are Changing from Bind-on-Equip to Bind-on-Pickup

Which specific items you say? Most Level 60 Epic Gear from boss drops, tier sets, pvp gear, seal gear, and profession gear that comes from upgrading Bind-on-Pickup boss drops. The purpose of this change is to make these items feel more unique and rewarding to obtain.

Which items will remain Bind-on-Equip?

Rank 4 (level 1-59) purple items, most profession gear, and special, rare drops from end-game bosses.

New Salvage System

To give players an additional method of earning Astral Diamonds for their Dungeon Delves, we'll be trying out a new "salvage" system that will allow players to redeem their dungeon loot at an NPC in Protector's Enclave for AD rewards.

If I have end-game gear that will be soon be dropping as Bind-on-Pickup, will it change?

Nope! All existing items will stay as they are. The change to binding mechanics will only apply to items that drop after the patch is applied.

Are these complete and final?

Similar to the recent Balance and Gameplay Update, these changes will be available on the NeverwinterPreview shard for players to try out and share feedback on. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

When will these changes be available on NeverwinterPreview?

No specific time has been determined yet, but keep an eye on the Announcements section of the NeverwinterPreview forums for more info!

When will these changes be available on the Beta shard?

To be determined!

Sounds awesome! How can I get access to NeverwinterPreview?

FAQ Additions

With this change, what are some of the methods that players can earn end-game gear, aside from earning it via Bind-on-Pickup boss drops?

There are still high end purples that are BoE including gear from Professions (only the gear that comes from upgrading a boss drop was made BoP), as well as one set per class such as the Murderous Jester gear for Trickster Rogues. (source)

Just make it account bound that will do great
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this is good archival information, but you removed it from the crypt and the dead want it back. so... sorry guys. there are plenty of current threads discussing BoP/BoE/BoA etc.
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.