test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New changes: Upgrading companions

124»

Comments

• Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    This is what I love. You spent 35 hours grinding away in the game to make 850k AD or around 2500 zen. You basically made $1.40/hr.
    If you worked a part time job you would have had that in 3 hours at min. wage and saved yourself 32 hours (or 4 complete 8 hour shifts) of time and ended up with the same result. More if the 20% bonus thing was on.

hahah that in fact is true but only for countries that paid more than $1.40/hr, there are countries in which you earn $2.5 per day XD lol and also you need to made up for cost of living, so basically again people that do not work and have time to play will be able to have the stuff, people that work and have money to spend will also pay for this, and people that have time and money are usually millionary in games XD lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    so if I choose to play a game time is more important to me, or money is?

Well I can't say for certain what is more important to you, because only you know that...but I'll humor you. Playing a game and NOT spending money implies that money is more important to you. If you were to buy things with $$ in order to not farm the items, then that implies that time is more important to you...or at least the time it would normally take to get said item is not worth that investment to you. Unless of course you only spend a little money and time, then that suggests you want to ensure that your money allows you to get the most out of your time. Of course, thats not counting those that spend lots of money regardless of time required just to have the best...then of course it may not even be a time issue, but a "**** you all, look at me I'm better" thing is more important.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    3 - Rank 8 Dark Enchantments - 5 Mil AD
    6 - Rank 8 Radiant Enchantments - 6 Mil AD
    4 - Greater Tenebrous - 8 Mil AD
    2 - Rank 8 Profane Runestone - 2 Mil AD
    1 - Rank 8 Eldritch Runestone - 500k AD
    3 - Rank 8 Azure Enchantment - 2 Mil AD
    1 - Greater Soulforged Enchantment - 4 Mil AD
    1 - Greater Plague Fire Enchantment - 2 Mil AD
    1 - Perfect Lightning Enchantment - 10 Mil AD
    1 - Cat - 990k AD

Level 25 to 30 Upgrade for Cat 750k AD

For everything else there is Mastercard!

Win.
    I'm seriously considering stealing this (with your name credited ofc) to use as my signature, if possible.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Win.
    I'm seriously considering stealing this (with your name credited ofc) to use as my signature, if possible.

:D Glad you liked it.

Guild "FistFul of Zen" on Mindflayer
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    :D Glad you liked it.

Guild "FistFul of Zen" on Mindflayer

Haha, this completes the pricelessness! Epic :D
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Well I can't say for certain what is more important to you, because only you know that...but I'll humor you. Playing a game and NOT spending money implies that money is more important to you. If you were to buy things with $$ in order to not farm the items, then that implies that time is more important to you...or at least the time it would normally take to get said item is not worth that investment to you. Unless of course you only spend a little money and time, then that suggests you want to ensure that your money allows you to get the most out of your time. Of course, thats not counting those that spend lots of money regardless of time required just to have the best...then of course it may not even be a time issue, but a "**** you all, look at me I'm better" thing is more important.
    What are you bashing your gums about now?
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    What are you bashing your gums about now?

really...you're gonna be a ******bag now? you asked a question, I answered.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Please, can someone answer following questions?

1)Stone of might: which stat it do, now, at level 25 and which amount? 150?
    2)Stone of allure: same question...
    3) Cat: same question: which stat it do, now, at level 25 and which amount? 233? I saw a video on youtube in which a cat had 223 without items, but i'm not sure

If you can try upgrade in the preview...

3) which amount of stat they do at rank 30?
    4) which passive abilities they gain at rank 30?

ty

No one can give me these informations?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No one can give me these informations?

Even if you raise the max level of the companion, you still need to gain the xp to level it up to its new maximum level...I paid 750K AD on the test server to raise the level of my stone, but it is still just a lvl 25 stone...I haven't gotten it to 30 yet - don't know if anyone else has - so don't be surprised that nobody can answer yet.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Even if you raise the max level of the companion, you still need to gain the xp to level it up to its new maximum level...I paid 750K AD on the test server to raise the level of my stone, but it is still just a lvl 25 stone...I haven't gotten it to 30 yet - don't know if anyone else has - so don't be surprised that nobody can answer yet.

yes but you have a stone at 25 and i asked also stat a this level^^ (questions 1, 2, 3)... but ok I'll wait
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    White to Green = 300k
    Green to Blue = 550k
    Blue to Purple = 750k
    or 1.6 million

Well much like "The Cake" we know this was a lie:

FROM THE DEV BLOG:
    What was the design direction behind adding a quality upgrade system alongside the already existing Blue/Purple companions?

Answered by: Lindsay Haven

We wanted to give players more options to earn high level companions without spending Zen or having to part ways with a high volume of Astral Diamonds. Rather than making a one-time purchase, players increase the quality of their companion using this process, which is more iterative and welcoming to players who prefer smaller, more spaced-out Astral Diamond investments.

If they don't think these prices are High Volume Of Astral Diamond then I dread to think what they do consider "High Volume"

With these prices there is no way a casual player will be able to upgrade all the way to purple from white, its ridiculous! I was very excited to hear about this upgrade system, now I have to accept it is not even worth it to me to do on any of my Characters.

I really do love this game, but PW is showing itself to be more and more shady each day. Stuff like this is making me regret what money I have already spent with them.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ^
    1.6 million... for ONE companion, on one character. Fun for those who have alts (wich most do since there's little to do besides standing around and farting in Conclave with your first "main" char, for months).

It doesn't matter how people clash in the "p2w or not" debates, the post above me clearly states (along with so much more evidence) how PWE and Cryptic do business, and how deep in the sand their heads are. Sad thing is they seem to get away with it, altho players seem to be lessening (according to people here, and my own eyes).
    The doomsayers, from the start, warned that this was a quick cash grab with bait and switch styles. Seems they weren't far off.

But of course, there will be Cryptic or PWE fans denying this to the bitter end.

I just hope people keep having their eyes (forced) open by marketing designs such as these.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    ^
    1.6 million... for ONE companion, on one character. Fun for those who have alts (wich most do since there's little to do besides standing around and farting in Conclave with your first "main" char, for months).

^ Truth ^ - as of right now I have 6 characters. Luckily 5 have purple Striker that they got either through the Hero of the North Pack (on my main account) or finally having some luck with the Lockboxes (still no Nightmare). All but one needs a Cleric pet (the one that dosent IS a Cleric and has a Man-At-Arms) So if I wanted to take those 6 whites to Purple it will cost me over 9.6 Million AD, And there is no way that is going to happen!
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If they don't think these prices are High Volume Of Astral Diamond then I dread to think what they do consider "High Volume"

The same ones that have yet to change mount upgrade pricing. Its even worse than these new companion upgrades. I really don't understand why they don't adjust the pricing on vendor AD stuff. To many things that have a set price for AD are overpriced. And this new companion training isn't any different.

(And yes, I know I keep bringing up the mount training. But its an easily comparable issue. And besides. Its just dumb to leave them at a price hardly anyone will buy when they could be sold at a lower cost. Draining AD out of the game.)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Please, can someone answer following questions?

1)Stone of might: which stat it do, now, at level 25 and which amount? 150?
    2)Stone of allure: same question...
    3) Cat: same question: which stat it do, now, at level 25 and which amount? 233? I saw a video on youtube in which a cat had 223 without items, but i'm not sure

If you can try upgrade in the preview...

3) which amount of stat they do at rank 30?
    4) which passive abilities they gain at rank 30?

ty

up
    can someone asnwer me, please?
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shuy1 wrote: »
    750k AD? Holy. Why would they make it so expensive?

for the same reason they make everything else expensive. To drive you to use zen instead.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    There's still no reason to get anything but a stone or a cat, and since they get their last equipment slots at blue quality, there's no reason at all to upgrade them.

Still, the Ioun Stone of Might is looking to be BiS with 2 rings and 3 offense slots, so I'm glad I can get him to blue quality.

I made the mistake of buying a blue companion that wasn't passive once. Needless to say I won't be upgrading him. I wouldn't upgrade him if the cost was 75k instead of 750k. It'd still be a waste of diamonds.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    There's still no reason to get anything but a stone or a cat, and since they get their last equipment slots at blue quality, there's no reason at all to upgrade them.

Still, the Ioun Stone of Might is looking to be BiS with 2 rings and 3 offense slots, so I'm glad I can get him to blue quality.

I made the mistake of buying a blue companion that wasn't passive once. Needless to say I won't be upgrading him. I wouldn't upgrade him if the cost was 75k instead of 750k. It'd still be a waste of diamonds.

I agree -- it's basically looking for suckers, here. The only useful companions at cap are augments, and why would anyone spend money on something they will only use for leveling (and maybe for some foundries at level cap -- although you can run foundries just as well with an augment, anyway, even at 60).
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    650.000 AD is not much for people who are good at this game. 5m ad is ok, 10m is good, 50m is good, 100m is good too... lemme think... 1.5b is great and 10b is alot.

thats coming from a guy who farms end game content effeciently and has a good group to play in.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    From Dev notes.

This is a lie for the Ioun Stone. If it were not a lie then i will buy the upgrade as soon as i can!

It is not technically a lie. Other than augments gaining more stats as per usual when a pet levels, it also gives 4% more stats as stated in the tooltip which is considered its passive power at lvl 30
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The entitlement and bitterness in these types of threads is mind blowing. Why is it everyone who has more AD is considered a cheater, exploiter, or botter? I've made millions of AD just by playing the game. It IS easy for those willing to do it. But players who log on and do 3-4 foundries and call it a day are not going to be able to afford the best upgrades/services. Becoming wealthy in an MMO involves being efficient, creative, or exploitive. I'm in no way condoning exploits, so we'll ignore that. But being efficient and creative with your time is something that EVERYONE is capable of. The fact is, if you think these services are too expensive, chances are that you're not doing something that requires your pets to be upgraded anyways.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    daswooly wrote: »
    Why is it everyone who has more AD is considered a cheater, exploiter, or botter?

Perhaps because those are the easiest ways to get lots of AD, and pretty much everyone (even those who don't cheat) realises this...
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Perhaps because those are the easiest ways to get lots of AD, and pretty much everyone (even those who don't cheat) realises this...
    So then we should consider everyone who doesn't have much AD is just lazy, entitled, and bad at the game? Since that seems to be the easiest way to NOT have much AD.